It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm tired of seeing 'bad cop' things so I'm doing this:

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   
This thread instantly reminded me of this video Cop shows true colors, but when on camera...instantly becomes an every day nice guy. But lies and its caught on camera..

I think they are trained to be "nice guys" ...when on film at least. LOL. I don't buy into the "good guy badge" anymore...that's old school cops. There's a reason they removed the emblem from the side of the cars that used to say "Toe Serve and Protect", and theres a reason they have uniformly militqarized the uniforms and vehicles, as well as geting actual military vehicles for just every day police stations. They are going to war with us....but we need to wait just a little longer for them to stay ahead of us....and THAT requires a smile and trust in them. Cops are pure Hitleresque evil today.
edit on 28-11-2014 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I doubt very much whether you can say there are only a few bad apples in the police force of whatever country.
Sure, not all of them are corrupt, not all of them are psychos...but, pretty much everything that goes on that is bad is known about by other cops who turn a blind eye or actively cover up for their colleagues.

Thus they are all complicit, they as an organisation are bad. Just look at all the stuff about CSA by MP's in the uk, cops covered that up, all the rapes in northern cities, they didn't want to know, Hillsborough, a pure and simple case of covering up their own guilt...the list goes on, pretty much every killing of a person by a cop or group of cops in the uk has resulted in precisely zero prosecutions of the police.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
www.myfoxdfw.com...

FORT WORTH, Texas -
A Fort Worth police officer's former EMT training came in handy earlier this month when he delivered a baby on the side of the highway.

Officer Robert Scott was helping with traffic control on Northeast Loop 820 on Nov. 15 when a man ran to his patrol car for help. The man's daughter was in labor and they couldn't make it to the hospital in time.

Officer Scott saw the woman in the front seat of the car and immediately cradled the baby's head and delivered it.

Temperatures were near 30 degrees outside that day so the officer grabbed blankets and jackets to keep the baby warm.

The mother and child were taken to the hospital in good condition.

Officer Scott joined the Fort Worth Police Department in 2009, but worked as a paramedic before that.

www.11alive.com...

"I was standing here. He pulled up and I thought he was going to give me a ticket. And he said, what size shoe do you wear?," Fred told 11Alive NBC partners WTHR.

Instead of that ticket, the officer gave Fred a new pair of boots. "I said, I know someone that could use them. So, he gave them to me," Fred said.

NBA star Roy Hibbert captured the moment on his cell phone and posted it to Instagram.

edit on 28-11-2014 by SergeantSmoke because: Adding more links to post

Officer Fletcher asked the kid to show him what he could do, but the young man wasn't going to be lured in right away and instead, he asked the cop to dance alongside him.
The site of a the policeman bouncing around all over the hospital ward floor encouraged some to take out their cellphones and post it on YouTube.

'For Real' can be seen in the video showcasing dancing about while Officer Fetcher tries his hand at a one-leg, jazz-hands-like move.
it's clear that both of them had a lot of fun.
For the past four years, Fletcher has been working with the Cure 4 The Kids Foundation, a group aimed at advancing cures and prevention for catastrophic pediatric diseases.
For his day job, Fletcher has been with the department since 1999, and is the training coordinator for Metro's South-Central Area Command.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 28-11-2014 by SergeantSmoke because: Adding another link, switched windows and lost my edit when trying to string together articles

time.com...

Out of Kansas City, Missouri, comes a video of a police officer busting a move with some of the local kids in an eastern Kansas City neighborhood. NBC News affiliate KSHB reports that after officer Jeffrey Krebs spent Sunday morning dancing in his patrol car, his partner offered Jolly Rancher candy to some kids in the neighborhood if they would throw down their best moves in a dance-off with the officer.

The kids and Krebs delivered, each offering up some moves, including one Krebs dubbed “The Octopus” (which the unseen camera operator reacts to with a quiet “Oof.”)

Krebs told KSHB he hopes the friendly competition will help him work better with the community in the long run: “I feel like if we build rapport with them, then they’re more likely to call us when they need us.”

edit on 28-11-2014 by SergeantSmoke because: Last one to add at this point

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: olaru12
And you put up with that for 10 years. Why? Makes one wonder eh?

And your insinuation is??? I don't wonder why he puts up with it. Some very good people put up with crap from others because they want to be of service to people and make the world a better place. That's what being selfless is about.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: v1rtu0s0
The proffession attracts sociopaths and then does nothing to weed them out and seems to then encouge that kin of behavior.

Would you like to back that statement up with some evidence? I know people who are police officers and they have had to pass a battery of mental and physical testing to be accepted. And those tests and reviews happen all through their career. So I'd like to hear how you can back up your statement.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig
a reply to: CranialSponge

Being a cop for a decade I would advise him to seriously reconsider his choice of career.

Unless of course he wants to be unwanted, unappreciated, and taken for granted all for the ungrateful.

It doesn't make me wonder.

Some folks have a sense of duty. Other folks, apparently, not so much.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
freedom female
Hello, I want to clarify some points of which it seems appropriate to emphasize, in fact as old as controversial, so I'll go highlighting some points, I do not want to be unfair to some but it is my opinion and welcome to public scrutiny, remarcare some issues that are perhaps not accurate to post content.
1) On Liberty: it is well known that all have free albeldrio to do they want, what I preach is, and what the hell is freedom? good good, apparently a series of random events,
haha, religion or love, I have an interesting critique and if the subject: if freedom represents a woman, everyone will say yes but long around see all kinds of strange things, technological and call it progress, 90% are single men, I see in that figure no freedom at all,
this symbol does not represent freedom in the slightest, in fact seems to do a Nazi salute !, good maybe by that time, the period in which it was created and performed made sense, since it is a patrialcal symbol undoubtedly only the power of a man over the kings of england, is like the messiah, (jesus) has been over time and is out of fashion, think of this: nobody sees freedom in women as it was never freedom .. from the Gnostic visions assumed that women or matter is satan, I think that's the cosmic tyrant and a lot of that in usa, there hundred of secret societies which only one understands or aim domination, will say that there are aliens and others but are a group of people for a purpose, in fact it is the polarization by excelensia, nothing is the word for all of us, are a clan and should be eradicated, insurance members kkk of this website will defend with hatred acerrimo female violence but they are nothing more than a pest with horns and smoke, if you look well and drink of psychology understand from this premise, the woman is the very same evil, we see feminists, activists, etc etc, in fact history can be seen as a series of women only choose the most servile, gallant and idiots of all called princes, if science is correct then think what will make natural selection: if we have women who have no other idea to be helpful, intolerant, well believe in a state of monarchy is not expected unless the evil is something intrinsic, returning we see the statue of Liberty and as they say there is only an idealized fantasy is like putting a bsdm national icon and then will bring to the global arrogance, as if around you wait hundreds of men BSDM, they even hide it (and if it was not frowned upon by royalty) would buy their bsdm kit and would have a whip at the waist, we see people living a life model with children, work and other but are just like babies or puppies in necesdidad gasteando a whip, all these men love the submission! for see the example of Islam, all want to whip around and will make every effort to be eradicated without more different, so we have the Statue of Liberty as the largest bsdm symbol of the whole universe, good is not the freedom or represents me now, all those who defend females say one thing: are dogs, in need of a whip, crave his death under the command of evil and darkness, I figure it well: we see sometimes serious news of protests institutions or oppression against women, but they do naked, tell me if this is not the maximum bsdm? show your body? who benefits? in fact if put to a serious bsdm man the ideal of feminine freedom (them; hide their freedom wish to be free themselves from that man bsdm represents them???), in fact nothing more than a model and all speak patrialcal model of patrialcal but tell me .. there some other model?
sexual freedom does more than one product to worldwide, has spread and is not only the woman is all that is, do not understand your idea ..
u obvious that there are aliens who do nothing but wish to stop being women.
Lancelot, and other romances.
-
talking a little philosophy: sophia, meaning gods or reason now when you find these specimens (woman) see if you manage to find a reason for the gods.
gnosis: the neo-Platonism no subdivisions of emanation, in fact it is impossible both sexes, god or whatever could not have two sexes, and that applies to everyone ..and if man is the only matrix and necessary not expect there outside or in hell who knows alla women: just old perverts as a woman, there is no feminine!

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Yup I put up with it for a decade (like an idiot) and I am currently in the process of transitioning out of law enforcement. I put up with it because I loved my community and the people in it. I was born and raised in my community (not very common anymore) and I loved helping the people in it, but no more.

All I have ever done was sacrificed myself, physically and mentally for my community and society overall. The thanks I get in return? I am judged with extreme prejudice on a daily basis, my intelliegence is questioned, my house has been egged, car egged, I have been spit at, called names, flicked off as I drive by, threatened with violence, my FAMILY threatened with violence!, two bad knees (at 30), and basically made to feel ousted by society.

But you go ahead and wonder, go ahead and judge me and think I am bad. It only further proves my point.

I will NEVER, and I repeat NEVER work in the field again once I am out and if S ever hit the fan I can promise you I will only help my family and my friends.

And let me tell you there are thousands upon thousands of "good" officers leaving the profession left and right. They are in the same boat as me. The result will be agencies scraping the bottom of the barrel even more to find "quality" candidates and MARK MY WORDS, when the nation is left with a police community consisting of nothing but low IQ, order taking, abusive officers you can sleep comfortably knowing that YOUR blanket hate and prejudices directly contributed to the horrible change.

Remember, it has always been a two way street. A positive relationship between the police and the community is the responsiblity of both the police AND the community. Both need to contribute to make it work. You cannot have one with out the other.

edit on 28-11-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The thing is, police aren't often commended for doing good things because that is their job.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Taggart

I honestly could not care less if I am thanked and most everyone that I know feels the same way. Don't get me wrong though, being thanked (appreciated) is very nice and can be a very motivating thing.

All humans like to be appreciated, especially for the job they do no matter what that may be.

psychcentral.com...

All I really ask though is not to be judged as a collective and instead as an individual just like everyone else wants.

Blanketly hating the police is no different than hating all black people or all white people.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

And your insinuation is??? I don't wonder why he puts up with it. Some very good people put up with crap from others because they want to be of service to people and make the world a better place. That's what being selfless is about.

I wasn't insinuating anything. It was a question and TTP answered it admirably and I commend him for his service.

I don't think it's unusual to wonder why anyone puts up with abusive relationships whether it be in the corporate world or in personal relationships.

I won't tolerate abusive situations in my business or personal life. Just a question from ignorance. That's all...

edit on 28-11-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

And let me tell you there are thousands upon thousands of "good" officers leaving the profession left and right. They are in the same boat as me.

100% true...

The problems are not the LEO's themselves.

The corruption is all part of a massive hidden agenda.

It is the same thing that has been happening in every other mainstream apparatus: MSM, Science, Education, Religion, and on and on...

I just recently retired as an Officer in New Hampshire. I have been offered numerous other LE jobs and I'm here to tell you that I will never ever put a uniform on again. It is not the public that makes the job so degrading but the administration.I Wish I Never Became a Police Officer

I can only speak of my experience as an officer. It has been said here many times and I agree 100% that the most stress you will encounter in this job comes from within your own department. 99% of this stress comes from administration (puppet chiefs, arrogant supervisors, selfish agendas, etc.). More and more police departments are managed like a business instead of a brotherhood.

I Wish I Never Became a Police Officer

As a former officer I can only tell you what I have seen in a larger city department. You go into the job believing you are the good guys and see the officers who are the cowards and the criminals in uniform are the ones who get promoted and become your bosses. Even if you try to do the right thing and be a good officer you will always be a threat to the cowards and criminals who got promoted. Go into this profession with your eyes wide open, there are a lot of good cops and just as many bad. If you believe that being the good cop will get you anywhere you are sadly mistaken.

If you try to expose these bad cops they will destroy your career in a heartbeat and or get you hurt (call for back-up and nobody comes!) Even as the good cop you have to look the other way or you will be destroyed, It eats at your gut every day. Give me the dirtbags on the street anyday.. they don't cause the stress, the political machine and lust for power cause the stress. I was so glad to get out the day my pension kicked in.

I Wish I Never Became a Police Officer

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Taggart
The thing is, police aren't often commended for doing good things because that is their job.

No it's their job to do their JOB.

Going above and beyond their call of duty is what is being commended here.

There is a damned difference.

Examples of cops like Torquey who don't fell the need or responsibility to defend the bad ones. Cops who not only encourage criticism but discussion as well.

I've know a handful of cops in my small town who simply REFUSE to discuss issues with their department and become very aggressive/defensive when they or their policies are questioned. They're cocky and arrogant sob's who hide behind their little shields on their chest.

This "us and them" type of mentality usually reserved for military opponents in war.

Given the circumstances, officers like Torquey are still met with unbridled hate and disrespect regardless of the validity of their stance on subjects. Despite, for the most part, being levelheaded, kind and rational folks.

I, for one, give my support to those "good" cops in hopes that it instigates encouragement for others who may not be all that good to do better.

Idk maybe I'm the only one. But I shouldn't be............

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

I have read that before.

While there are at times issues with the administration, I can assure you the MAJOR reason why I do not want to be a police officer anymore is due to the public.

It is what it is I guess.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TiedDestructor

Hmm you seem to think I'm anti police or something.
I'm explaining why police don't always get thanked, because it's their job.

Nothing to do with the story in the OP.

Everyone is very touchy in here today.

On a sidenote, how many people thank Soldiers to their face? everyone?
How many walk past homeless veterans without so much a look?

Your Us Vs Them comment does not apply here, if only there wasn't a thread for Posse Comitatus
that hindered all the Police love.

I didn't read the rest of your rant because you were so far off base with your initial remark.

edit on 28/11/2014 by Taggart because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: sarra1833

Another time, again in the 70's, I was driving down a very familiar city street in my hometown and stopped to pick up a hitchhiker who just reeked of ganja.

As he got in a cop passed us by going in the opposite direction. We took off driving and I'll be damned if I didn't blow right through a 2 way stop that wasn't there the day before.

I checked my rearview and sure enough the cops making a "U"ie.

Well I chose to just pull over right then and there. The cop didn't have a chance to even hit his lights.

The cop is smiling as he walks up to my window. He asks " You new in town?" I answer " No. But those stop signs are."

He laughed a little " I about did the same myself. " This whole time I'm thinking there ain't no way this cop doesn't smell that heady aroma, we're going to jail.

The cop then proceeds to check both our eyes with his flashlight (I forgot to mention it was nighttime).

Well I'm sober but my new hophead acquaintance is obviously wreaked, evidenced by his totally bloodshot eyeballs.

The cop stands back a little and seems to be thinking.

I'll have to paraphrase from here as what transpired next was a shocker.

" I saw you pick up this hitchhiker before you ran the stop sign and you appear sober. Since you pulled over right after and the signs are new I'm letting you off with a warning."

Then he sez to the hitchhiker " and your going home now, right" Like a bobble head figure the stoner nods in the affirmative.

That cop could of made our lives hell but chose a higher road (no pun intended).

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

a reply to: Taggart

I honestly could not care less if I am thanked and most everyone that I know feels the same way. Don't get me wrong though, being thanked (appreciated) is very nice and can be a very motivating thing.

All humans like to be appreciated, especially for the job they do no matter what that may be.

psychcentral.com...

All I really ask though is not to be judged as a collective and instead as an individual just like everyone else wants.

Blanketly hating the police is no different than hating all black people or all white people.

Who hates the police? I guess you wanted the stars.

I made no type remark to even suggest that

My quote. Please tell me how you took I hate the police from that.

I'll be waiting.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

a reply to: olaru12

But you go ahead and wonder, go ahead and judge me and think I am bad. It only further proves my point.

It was merely a question...How can you construe that I was judging you? I don't think you are bad.

Are honest questions and trying to 'deny ignorance' now to be viewed as insinuations and insults?

I wish you much success in your future endeavors in or out of law enforcement.

Someone needs a break from the boards....perhaps it's me!
edit on 28-11-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: sarra1833

I may be able to add to this. When I was 16 I worked as a landscaper. I worked for myself and I had enough clients to log 40 hours during the school week. I come from a really low income area of my town (and surrounding region) where there are very few good influences and nobody ever makes it out. I was that influence to many of the kids in my neighborhood. Under my wing they all sstayed off of drugs and stayed in school. One day I came home from work (probably around 8pm) and hadnt even gotten myself all settled before I heard a knock on the door. I have always had an open door policy at my house. If you needed dinner, a hug, homework help, advice or anything else my door was always open. I answered the door to find 4 of the younger kids in my neighborhood crying, one of them was bleeding from right above his eye. They started to tell me about how four guys in the neighborhood (three from oustide and a heroin dealer from the end of the street) had shot them with bb guns and airsoft guns. The combined age of the kids was less than 26. I grabbed a bottle of peroxide, bandages and my pocket knife and ran outside to one of their houses to try and evaluate what had happened. None of their parents were "home" (one had his mom home but she was too high to know what was going on). I started picking bbs out, dumping in peroxide and bandaging all of them when 3 of the guys came walking down the road with the same bb guns. I pulled the kids behind me and put away my knife. The guys approached (all 1 year younger than me or my age. They were all gangster wannabees and the heroin dealer [also my age] was not there) me and told me to move so they could shoot the kids again. I told them that they would have to go through me. At this point in time I had been practicing martial arts for 6 years and had also been in a couple of fights. They tried to taunt me and make fun of me, they even told me that since billy (the heroin dealer) would fight them 3 on 1 that I should. I stepped forward abd told them to make a move. So here I am, a few feet from my back yard, a few feet from a kid's house and 3 kids my size all about to attack me. Two of them stepped back while the biggest one stepped forward. He threw a haymaker at my head, i quickly blocked and swing and countere with a straight punch to his jaw. I then grabbed him by the jaw and spun him into my under-arm and palm-heel struck him in the chest until he hit the ground. The other two ran at me before I could get my hands up again. One granned my arm while the other kicked me and began to punch my ribs. I kicked the attacker and elbowed the one holding me. At that point I was struck in the head and everything went red. The next thing I remember is standing on the edge of my property holding my knife with the two smaller guys on the ground, the third one standing (but just barely). A few moments later teo police officers showed up. Now everybody was bleeding a bit from the scuffle but I was the one with the knife. The guys had dropped the guns before the fight broke out (i guess they didnt think a bb gun would stop me) but they were still in the street. The police took my knife and handcuffed me as a first move and then began to get everybody's story. The guys all said I went crazy and started swinging a knife at them for no reason and that they had to grab theior guns to defend themselves. One cop wanted to just bring me in for assault with a deadly weapon without hearing my story. The other however took one look at me and told him to wait. That officer goes by the name of "Mikey" to me. He was my D.A.R.E officer in elementary school and was also my big buddy after my dad died. He pulled me aside and asked me about what happened. I told him my story and said that the little kids could corroborate. Mikey spoke to the kids and checked on their wounds (all of which looked find since I had treated them) while the other officer called my mom and the parents of the other guys. After hearing what the little kids said and what I said (combined with the bb wounds and my defensive wounds/lack of blood on my knife) I was uncuffed and brought to the ER to get myself looked at. The other guys were all brought in for assault (not sure what kind) for attacking me and hurting the kids. Mikey added a not at the end of the file saying that what I did was an act of selfless bravery and that I was innocent. That note allowed me to enlist while in highschool and he made sure that I was taken care of. I got a few stitches above my eye and some bruised ribs but I was fine. One kid had a broken jaw, two of them had broken ribs and they all had a lot of bruises. In the end mikey did right by me. He kept me from being arrested and from having a black mark on my record. Any cop can walk up, look at half od the story and handcuff an innocent kid, but it takes a real hero to get the whole picture and treat every person as innocent until proven guilty.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpaDe_
Ever hear the phrase "one bad apple will spoil the whole damn bunch"? That applies very well when talking about police.

Ever here the quote "A needle in a haystack"?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join