It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm tired of seeing 'bad cop' things so I'm doing this:

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Another story about an Officer who stuck a $100 bill In a traffic ticket...

A traffic stop in Plano ended unlike any you've ever heard about before. It started when Hayden Carlo was pulled over for an expired registration sticker. Carlo says he's been struggling to support his wife and two small children.

"You get paid, pay your bills, and there's your money. It's gone." He told the officer he had no excuse for the expired sticker. "I said 'there's no explanation for why I haven't done it, except I don't have the money.' I said 'it was either feed my kids or get my registration done."

The officer wrote a citation and handed it to the 25-year-old. Carlo says when he took it, he could not believe what he saw. "I opened it up and there's a 100 dollar bill. I broke down in my car what else could I do." The officer never told anyone about the $100 gift. But Carlo's grandfather, Billy McIntire, was so moved by the kind gesture he wrote a letter to the department.

"I get emotional when we talk about this type of thing," McIntire says. "You just don't find that many officers who would do this type of thing." While other officers around the country have recently been recognized for similar acts, this officer wants to remain anonymous. His coworkers plan to honor him anyway. "As he told me, this man needed it more than him, and it was the right thing to do," says fellow officer and department spokesperson David Tilley.

Carlo was able to update his the registrations on his car and his wife's car with the money. He's now driving to a new job and providing for his growing family, after a gift from the last person he would have expected to help during tough times. "He helped me out when I needed it and I appreciate that. I'll never forget that man," Carlo says. "It definitely restored my faith in God."

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Two more videos of random acts of kindness from police officers...

Hopefully this can restore your faith in humanity. This is a video of police officers respecting their oath to serve & protect.

San Diego police Officer Jeremy Henwood is seen on surveillance video buying food at a McDonald's for a child he had never met who didn't have enough money. Minutes later, he was shot and killed by a suicidal man while sitting in his patrol car -- the food in his patrol car was still warm.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpaDe_
Ever hear the phrase "one bad apple will spoil the whole damn bunch"? That applies very well when talking about police.

Only if you allow it. (of course and them as well)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
My favorite officer, beside the cute one. Is the one who saved the ducks off the busy highway.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   
This is what cops should be doing, showing compassion. I bet there are cops who would have arrested the lady for loitering, which helps no one. Well it might help the state considering they will likely fine her, but she couldn't pay them anyway...They will just have to shell out money to keep her in jail, and who does that help? Oh, those who own the prisons and are paid for doing so. They like to keep them full. It is hard not to imagine a conspiracy when you delve deeper into these ideas. But this is supposed to be about those officers who actually have compassion, which by the way should be a requirement for public service. And the police are supposedly public servants.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: JiggyPotamus

The one thing I have noticed is, the smaller the town, the nicer the cops are. The larger the town, the bigger dicks the cops are.

If only they could find a middle ground.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Nice thread. I do agree it is about time we acknowledge the true acts of kindness and human decency that some Officers display on a daily basis.... but let's be very clear on some things...

First of all I am the first person to stand up and say, "There are NO good cops". Even in the face of the evidence being posted here I will say it again, and continue to say it, there are NO good cops.

That being said, there is a distinction to made here. By saying there are no good cops, that does not mean they are not good people. These are two very different things. People are not defined by their jobs and the things they do to make ends meet and provide for their families. It is my belief that what we are seeing here is not a case of "good cops" but instead, good people who just happen to be cops.

So what makes a good cop? It is the ability to uphold the law. To protect and serve the community based on that law you have sworn to uphold. That's it.

So how can I say there are no good cops? Easy.

Take any case- ANY case- of real, true police brutality and you will find a very common thread. Cops protect other cops who have broken the law. If they do not openly protect them in ways of covering up or withholding evidence, they simply keep silent and never reveal what they know which makes those Officers just as guilty as the Officers who break the law. This is the same standard we as citizens are held to. If Billy Joe Bob is molesting kids, and his wife Mary Jane Junebug knows about it and does nothing, then Mary Jane Junebug will also be arrested and charged as an accomplice or as an accessory. Which Mary Jane Junebug should, that is what the law says, but we don't see that with Police Officers. They Police themselves, and protect each other. How is such an action any different from any common street gang?

Not one Officer spoke up in the case of Abner Louima. Not a single cop stood up for this man, even while Officers paraded around the room holding a feces and blood covered broom handle after they had just sodomized him with it and stuffed it in his mouth. Good cops uphold the law, regardless of who it is that breaks the law.

Now I could sit here all day long, as most people already know, and show case after case after case spanning decades where Police protected other Police or remained silent. So if this is the standard we are held to as citizens, why are Police Officers not subject to that same standard? Officers who do speak out, do not remain Officers for much longer. They get run off. Just like any common street gang, Officers who do speak out are treated as "rats". They are no longer trusted by their peers. They are run off and end up leaving law enforcement. Which leaves us with what? Nothing but cops who will protect their own or remain silent. Which then leaves only one conclusion.......

There are NO good cops.
edit on 27-11-2014 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: sarra1833

Let these cops routinely go out and arrest the bad cops, then I'll sit up and take notice

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Well with hope, he's good enough that he'll help to stop his colleagues from this destructive course they're on.

Has he done anything toward that end?

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   
S&F OP.......................just because

Jane

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
i have a personal story to share.
just about everything post this story has led me to stay away from the cops, but this dude was cool.

i was 18 traveling from ohio to boston on a old school motorcycle. it was mid october and already getting cold in the evening. i was on the highway in new york and i ran out of gas. so i was pushing my bike along the shoulder when the fuzz rolled up.
i thought to myself, this is perfect....
he gets out and tells me that it is against the law to push the bike like that..i told him i didnt know that(cause i didnt) and i was just trying to get it off the highway. didnt want to leave it...

i thought i was gonna get ticketed or at least have my bike towed...nope....this was the most awesome cop ever.

he put me in the back of the car and took me to a gas station. i really want to buy the gas can at the store cause of the high mark up but they wouldnt let me borrow one...the cop convinced them to let me borrow the can and he said he would bring it back.
i filled the can up and he took me back to my bike,
i filled my bike and gave him back the can....before he left he said hold on....one more thing.

he had a bagged lunch that he said his wife packed for him...he gave me a sandwich and an apple for the road.
he joked and said 'just dont eat them while youre riding, and be careful'

that was so cool. he could have made my life so much more difficult.....
he really helped me out....it does not seem like much but i probably would not have been back on the road for several hours.....you get wore out pretty fast pushing a bike on the side of the road.

kudo's to him.
coolest cop i ever met

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I see it like this. We don't need to talk about 'good cops' because that is the basic norm they should be. It is sad that we even have to make a thread to point out good cops, when in a better world we would know they are good and there is only a few bad eggs.
The reality is that we have to discuss 'bad cops' because something is changing, they are not behaving as they should and we have noticed this and highlighting it.

Now we can all 'get tired' of bad news and desperately clinging to an idea that just isn't true any longer but that doesn't stop the police from getting out of hand and I'd like to discuss this.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
I see it like this. We don't need to talk about 'good cops' because that is the basic norm they should be

disagree. normal should be protecting and serving and interacting with the community.

what that cop did for me was far above and beyond anything he was required to do.
following the letter of the law i probably would have got a ticket or at least had my bike towed.

he saw that i was not some dirt bag criminal and really was having a hard time so he went far above and beyond anything required of him to make my life easier.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
What kind of government sponsored phsyops thread is this we all know that all cops are scum sucking filth.
Cop in a hanues act of saving a babys life, freaking scum

Back to reality they are good LEO's out there I know. I know a few that would give the shirt of thier back (literally seen it) and one that is almost a brother to me known all my life. So yes good LEO's can be found.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
i admit that i tend to lump all cops in the asshole category except for the guy i mentioned...
i feel that several times in my life i have been harassed because of my appearance.

i got pulled over about 4 years ago. driving a lincoln, taking my wife to the college. i was just about to exit the highway.
i had to get out of the car. he patted me down as i was splayed out against my car. he asked if i had any guns, knives, or grenades....i had to wait in the cop car while the drug dog came and sniffed my car. wife had to wait in the passenger seat the entire time...missed her class.
in the end i was let go but all that cause i merged without a turn signal.
seemed excessive to me....

ive only ever really had the good experience so i know the good guys are out there....

i tend to stay away from them...

another quick story. cop didnt do anything wrong and maybe i was wrong for the thought i had but i had it for a reason.

there was a string of break ins last january in my neighborhood. cars only...my car was 'broken into'...
it wasnt locked but someone tossed the car and stole my title which was in the glove box(i know, bad place for it but that does not give someone the right to take it)
anyway, i told my wife what happened and she told me to call the cops. i didnt want to. i said nothing can be done, we will just get a duplicate.
she persisted and i called...

here is the thing..at the time, my daughter was not very stable on her feet. she was 17 months old and wobbly. the day before she fell and hit her poor face on the tv stand and she had a nice little shiner...
my first thought was if the cop comes in and sees her we are going to be in a world of hurt...so, i had my wife take my daughter in the back till he left.

should i think that way?

to be fair though, what is a cop supposed to think if he sees a kid with a shiner?
should he think yeah, it happens to toddlers or should he think yeah, they beat this kids ass?

all that went through my head.

i look like a mean old bastard. beard and tattoos everywhere. i give that impression off i suppose...
i would never hit my daughter but the cop cant be sure of that...my son is 18 and i have ever even spanked him..i will never even spank my daughter. i just dont believe in it.

i suppose he could have thought we did something to her and it would of course had to be proven but at what cost.

all i could think about was the cop deciding to charge me with something or calling childs services.....

i dont know if i was warranted in those thoughts, but i had them.

i always try to be fair though. domestic abuse is a serious problem ad its getting worse.
what is a cop to do?
charge me(even though i did nothing) and see if it can be proven to possibly prevent further abuse..or
believe me about her falling and have it turn out that i really am an abuser?

see what i mean...

cops have a hard job....i try to be fair and balanced...sometimes they are thugs. wrecking people or using excessive force. other times i think the force is justified.

i think it is very easy for people to sit back and say cops are assholes/thugs(i admit, i do it)...

they have a hard job...they deal with a lot of # every day. they have to make split second decisions that i would certainly not want to be making.

roll up on a domestic situation for example and the lady has a shiner....she says she fell...husband says she fell.
if she really did fall they couple are going to have to deal with a lot for an accident. if she didnt fall and he beat her ass but the cop believes them and does nothing, what happens the next day when the wife is dead at her husbands hand?

that might not be the best example but i think it makes the point.

cops deal with a lot....
just like a lot of cops are assholes, you know that the majority of the people they are dealing with are too. atthe very least in that mode...
even a routine traffic stop could turn crazy in an instant....

sorry, im rambling.

i like this thread though.....there are good ones out there......
you know how it goes though...cops do great things every day in ever city of every state but the bad stuff is what makes the news.

sorry for the long post

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Diabolical
a reply to: sarra1833

Is he single?

As to the thread, you and me both. Ferguson is only out hand because of media and their agendas. So much for the holidays there. Wonder what's going to happen when they have no supplies left to live on.

Ferguson is out of hand because the out of hand vandals, arsonists, thieves and selfish usurpers. MSM is only covering the mayhem for ratings. They do not force people to commit illegal acts.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Thanks for the well thought thread.
There are good and bad people regardless of their occupation.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
When I was in college, way back in the day, I was heading to my parents house on Thanksgiving morning to spend time with the family. About 50 miles north of my exit my car decided to completely die. I was on the interstate and this was before cell phones so I was walking along the interstate going to the next nearest exit which was about 5 miles away. As I was walking and grumbling about my crappy luck I see a state trooper pull a u turn in the median and pull alongside me with his lights on. He asked me what I was doing and I told him my car had died a couple miles up the road and I was going to try to get a hold of my folks to get a ride. He asked me where my parents lived and I told him then he told me to hop in and he'd give me a lift. I was pretty happy just thinking he was going to run me to the next exit and spare me some walking. That state trooper that had just gotten off his 12 hour shift and was heading home to spend time with his family for the holiday drove 50+ miles out of his way on his own time to make sure I got home safe. I think about him every thanksgiving and hope he's out there somewhere enjoying his retirement.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex
a reply to: JiggyPotamus

The one thing I have noticed is, the smaller the town, the nicer the cops are. The larger the town, the bigger dicks the cops are.

If only they could find a middle ground.

I had to chime in on this one. I grew up in a small town, and let me tell you it was those small town cops that started my disliking of police. In fact, many cops in small towns get away with a lot more, because of the small town mentality.

Everyone knows each other in a small town. So if cops seem nice to you in a small town, it's because they like you, not because they're nice. If they do not like you, trust me, you'll be harassed so badly that they'll either find a way to ruin your life, or get you to move out of town.

Now this isn't just my opinion on the town I grew up in, either. I'm living in another small town(bigger than where I grew up, but small compared to cities), and it's the same here. I've also spoken with many who lived in other small towns, same types of opinions.

I don't know if I'd go so far as to say they're worse than big city cops, but in a small town, not only are the cops watching each others backs, but the citizens that are friends with the cops are also watching.

So don't go into any small town thinking the cops are the nicest guys, depending on who you are and what you're doing, that could be one big mistake.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
one of my funniest moment with police is at the us open of surfing and i was sitting on the beach with 2 friends watching kelly slater surf and these 2 cops walked up to us and said there was a problem, i asked what the problem was and 1 cop pointed to 3 girls sitting 10 feet or so away. he said the problem was 3 girls not being talked to by 3 guys. i told him i was sure they were underage. he told me just have them tell they are 18. they then turned to leave and said and said we better get those girl's phone number. they ended up stopping by and the end of the event and asked if we got those numbers. i told them they were just too young. the cop then said no, you just don't have any game. i felt like he should have had a mic in his hand and just drop it after that dis. one time i got stopped right in front of this girl's house that i was seeing. i had just got my drivers license suspended. i knew my car was going to impound and i was getting a ticket or jail. the cop asked me why i was driving and i said "do you see those titties" about the girl in the passenger. he looked at her and said i don't blame you. he told me to say my good bys and drive home and he would be driving by my house in 45 minutes to make sure i went home. that was one very cool cop that night.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join