It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of car running over protestors in Minneapolis

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Suddenly the countrywide Ferguson protests, which today had progressed peacefully at least until now, took a turn for the ugly, when as the Star Tribune reported moments ago, A vehicle plowed through a group of demonstrators in Minneapolis several hours ago during a march and rally in the wake of last night's grand jury decision.

Found a longer video

Closer video and article

I would want to see more of the video before condemning the driver. Could have just flipped out and it also wouldn't surprise me if honking spurred the protestors to start messing with the car. I would would certainly floor it if I was surrounded by a mob that was angry with me.

Kinda looking more and more like a dick move.

edit on 2520141120141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

+19 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Looked like self-preservation to me. Remember Reginald Denny?
I don't know why the mob was attacking this person, but it is a safe bet that they would have been torn apart if they got them out of their vehicle.
edit on 25-11-2014 by skunkape23 because: added

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I found the following link to:

Ferguson Police Scanner Broadcast

It's LIVE!

( and a Low-Bandwidth Broadcast ).

Another Informative-Link where I found that Broadcast ... ( however it contains a radio-link to a slightly higher-bandwidth version ):
Ferguson SITREP Page

My OPPs: This post should have been placed into a "Ferguson"-Thread.

edit on 25-11-2014 by FarleyWayne because: Added: "My OPPs".

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

get out the way yo get out the way yo, biggie smalls just got dropped.

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

And so are some protestors.

Love Subarus.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
does any one know what happened after the video stopped? like did the car drive to a police station or did the mob eventually get a hold of them

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I wish the video was longer. Looks they didn't have a choice after the first incident. If I was in that situation, especially w/ kids or a wife with me, I would light it up. This is the consequence when you block a car in and scare the driver.
Scary situation...nice catch

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I'm with you. I'm not into angry mobs.

This reminds me of the bikers in NYC that thought they'd surround and terrorize an SUV. Best policy is to get out of the way. If you think people won't drive over you to save their own lives, you may be in for a surprise.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

Love Subarus.

I ain't scurrred..

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Stupid protesters and stupid driver. However it is clear the driver had enough presence of mind to avoid the on coming car near the end. Easier to plow ones way through pedestrians than another vehicle.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Back again. An automoble should not be driven towards a group, gathering, mob, parade, assembly of people in ANY event. The correct course of action by a conscientious driver would be to stay well clear in all cases. An automobile is a lethal weapon in my book and should in all cases be considered this way and used accordingly.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

I'm with you. I'm not into angry mobs.

This reminds me of the bikers in NYC that thought they'd surround and terrorize an SUV. Best policy is to get out of the way. If you think people won't drive over you to save their own lives, you may be in for a surprise.

The second video shows the car changing lanes to get to the protestors, the car never even stopped before plowing through them. The driver was 100% in the wrong!

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

Love Subarus.

Right...

That man is in jail being charged with attempted murder, assault, reckless endangerment, and will go to the pen.
Also how many civil law suits will he be charged with. His life will never be the same and his family will suffer and be branded
as well.

And you are cheering his actions...........?

edit on 25-11-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Back again. An automoble should not be driven towards a group, gathering, mob, parade, assembly of people in ANY event. The correct course of action by a conscientious driver would be to stay well clear in all cases. An automobile is a lethal weapon in my book and should in all cases be considered this way and used accordingly.

Well if a person with a lethal weapon were coming your way would you..

A) Get the hell out of the road

B) Confront and attack the person with said lethal weapon?

I'd choose A)

Streets are for vehicles and apparently "lethal weapons".

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Sardonic humor, pardon it. I don't really encourage people to drive over protestors and after viewing the longer video I'm really questioning the guy.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Just wondering how everyone here knows it was just a Driver in a scary situation and that it wasn't a cop creating a scary situation?

Peace

edit on 25-11-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: jaws1975

Yes jaws. That video shows the driver consciously made a decision to drive up to and into the pedestrians. He clearly found it easier to plow through people while avoiding first the car in front of him and second, the car horizontal to him at the end of the first video. I hold with stupid protesters but change my mind and see this driver as not only stupid but mean and criminal. This was not an act of panic but rather, intended vehicular mayhem.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiedDestructor

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Well if a person with a lethal weapon were coming your way would you..

A) Get the hell out of the road

B) Confront and attack the person with said lethal weapon?

I'd choose A)

Streets are for vehicles and apparently "lethal weapons".

As I said,,,,,stupid protesters.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
dayam; it's harder to get protesters out of the grill than road bugs.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
It's called civil disobedience for a reason, it's meant to disrupt, doesn't mean you can just run over them. You would think with the state of affairs in this country, that people would have a little more compassion and empathy for protestors.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join