It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of car running over protestors in Minneapolis

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig
a reply to: WhiteAlice

Love how the guy beating on this mans vehicle is wearing a shirt that says something along the lines of "no police," yet when the police officer activates his emergency lights to stop the vehicle they are cheering and saying "get him."

So what is it, no police or do they want them around? I am confused.

Maybe they're cheering because it's the first time they've seen the cops actually do their job correctly.

If it wasn't on video he probably would have cuffed and searched the guy who got ran over, then taken him to the station and arrested him for Jay Walking and Property Damage.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

You are correct in the fact that I would have arrested the guy for impeding traffic and disorderly conduct.

You are however incorrect in the fact that I would still arrest him with the camera's rolling. I would just ask them kindly to take video from my good (right) side.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

LOL.

Now that would be a video worth watching!!

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Back again. An automoble should not be driven towards a group, gathering, mob, parade, assembly of people in ANY event. The correct course of action by a conscientious driver would be to stay well clear in all cases. An automobile is a lethal weapon in my book and should in all cases be considered this way and used accordingly.

OTOH, a group should not be in the street, blocking traffic. One's right to protest does not grant one the right to violate another's right to travel.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Almost everyone in this thread would fail a drivers test.

Of course pedestrians are stupid, but so are drivers. But drivers are stupid and dangerous therefor they must yield to those who are only stupid.

RIGHT-OF-WAY
Where vehicles or pedestrians are likely to meet one another, and there 
are no signs or signals to regulate traffic, there are rules that say who must yield the right-of-way.  These rules tell drivers who goes first and who must wait in different traffic situations.
The law says who must yield the right-of-way; it does not give any driver
the right-of-way.  You must do everything you can to prevent striking a 
pedestrian or another vehicle, regardless of the circumstances.
edit on 26-11-2014 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Protestors forcing vehicles to illegally drive over the center meridian onto the wrong side of the road into potentially dangerous oncoming traffic from the opposite direction is NOT okay.

Or do these protestors expect the drivers to just sit there with their thumbs up their asses for an hour or two waiting to see if the mob generously decides to clear a pathway to let them through ?

Stupidity all around as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: hammanderr
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

The guy in the car didn't have a birds eye view like us. All he had was a mob in front of him, he tried to slowly get through the mob, only accelerating when his car was attacked. See it from his view, his position, his speed, his safety point of view. You're Monday morning quarterbacking a man in a dangerous, developing situation. And let us not forget the violent history of this type of protest.

You have a point. We have the luxury of hindsight and a birds eye view of the situation. However I hold my position. The position of a safe driver. There were no signs of violence in any of the videos posted to this incident prior to the actions of this driver. Granted he may have witnessed violence prior to this moment. In that case though the non-combative course, the course of a safe driver would to have turned to the left and moved on with the flow of traffic that was being de-toured. This flowing avenue must surely have been visible to him had he looked in his mirror or turned his head. He need not have had access to the birds eye view we do. Instead his choice was to turn,into the mob, and force his way through.

And yes, I am Monday morning quarterbacking. However Monday morning quarterbacking as we have come to know it is a term used to describe post facto amateur evaluations of a given scenario. Monday morning quarterbacks that have vast experience in being a quarterback, such as Marino and Bradshaw are paid big bucks for their expertise on the subject. My quarterbacking comes from over 50 years of safe driving. This driver, if nothing else was not operating his vehicle in a safe manner and should have his license revoked.

And yes, anyone who expects protests that flow over into the streets to remain non-violent are hoping for some kind of miracle, though in this case there is the appearance of non violence until his turn to the right and into the mob. A safe driver would have been able to see, from at least a block a way that there was a human obstruction ahead and taken alternative actions prior to the more dangerous situation in which he found himself.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
After the incidents in L.A. (notably Reginald Denny), Detroit (driver nearly beaten to death after stopping to help a pedestrian he accidentally hit), and N.Y. ( bikers, including undercover police, trying to smash open the windows of an S.U.V. after the driver unintentionally hit a motorcyclist who was intentionally "brake checking" him ) it is advisable to hit the gas.

Mob mentality is dangerous and violent.

Get out of the street, you have no right to be there. You have no right to make me fear for my life (or the life of my child if she happens to be in the car,as in the N.Y. incident). I do, however, have the right to defend myself with deadly force if I believe my life is in danger.

After having witnessed the above incidents I (and you) have every reason to believe I am in danger from a street blocking mob (and you are).

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
All he had to do was back up and go around the block .No instead he choose to force his way and that was clear when he started to go . People on the street or not i don't really care he is lucky he wasn't dragged out and killed . People have a right to protest where they want, causing disruption is really part of the game . How many protest have been won sitting at home . Makes me wonder at some of the comments here , the inconvenience of driving an extra 5 minutes around the block is trumped by " i need to get to my destination and don't care what is my way me .. me..me .. me.. f. u. all for trying to make take an extra 5 minutes to get home ".

What is an acceptable protest to some of you people on here ? Or I guess to some it is better to whine about where your countries are going and whine about the people trying to stand up .. WTH

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: miss_sky
I'm just glad that driver is okay, shame he got dings on his vehicle though...

You call being in jail and charged with a crime ok? If that asshole had of run over any of my family, he would be safer in jail than on the goddamn street. He clearly wanted to hurt people!! I wonder how he would feel if someone purposefully hit one of his family with a car.

What is it about "he could have killed someone" that you don't understand?
And your attempt at being clever with the "dings on his vehicle" comment; to me shows an adolescent style of thinking with no regard to the welfare of even the idiot that ran over people.

twitter: hit & run suspect in custody

Libor Jany @StribJany
Follow
Police say the hit-and-run suspect is in custody.
6:25 PM - 25 Nov 2014 Minneapolis, MN, United States
edit on 26-11-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: freedomSlave
All he had to do was back up and go around the block .No instead he choose to force his way and that was clear when he started to go . People on the street or not i don't really care he is lucky he wasn't dragged out and killed . People have a right to protest where they want, causing disruption is really part of the game . How many protest have been won sitting at home . Makes me wonder at some of the comments here , the inconvenience of driving an extra 5 minutes around the block is trumped by " i need to get to my destination and don't care what is my way me .. me..me .. me.. f. u. all for trying to make take an extra 5 minutes to get home ".

What is an acceptable protest to some of you people on here ? Or I guess to some it is better to whine about where your countries are going and whine about the people trying to stand up .. WTH

The 1-3% in this country that one day, if required to do so, will try and deliver this country from tyranny are nothing like these protestors.

They are quiet, collective and calculated.

This is NOT standing up! This is encouraging and giving reason to federal and state authorities to further extend their overreaching power. This is putting your cards on the table and being awestruck that your hand is known.

This is ignorant and ill conceived. It's a farce whether you like it or not; an emotional response to a perceived problem.

If these are the people "standing up"?

They need to sit the hell back down! IMHO of course...

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TiedDestructor

Thats what I don't get people have been standing up protesting where our countries are going since 2008 people just laughed at the protesters on wall st . From I csn tell the only time people get in a huff on here is when they feel their second admendment is in question . Who care banks are raping our countries .. who care cops are constantly over stepping their boundries . Who cares that our freedoms and rights are being stripped away .. ya i guess we might do something a day or two after it is to late .
Eta .. at least they are trying to something regardless how you feel they are going about it ..
edit on 26/11/14 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

was that the first or second one? there were two as pointed out by a member on page 2 was the van driver or the subaru driver the one in question (as far as i know they only named the subaru driver)
www.deccanchronicle.com...

As bystanders screamed loudly and rushed to the woman's aid (pictured), the vehicle briefly stopped, before driving off. However, it came to a halt further down the road and the driver was taken into custody. No charges have yet been filed against him. (Photo: AP)
think the subaru driver is clear of charges as of now still and the van driver is the one they are throwing the book at
edit on 26-11-2014 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

How do you think that Jeffrey Patrick Rice of St. Paul, the man that drove into a crowd of people feels to day now that everyone knows who he is?

My bet is that he is in hiding.....as well he should be! With that one dumbass, stupid action; he has changed his life forever. He is a marked man and so is his family! I'll bet tears are running down his face with regret of his foolish actions. He knows what he did and it's eventual repercussions. I guess sometimes you just can't fix stupid....

usa.streetsblog.org...

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: freedomSlave
a reply to: TiedDestructor

Thats what I don't get people have been standing up protesting where our countries are going since 2008 people just laughed at the protesters on wall st . From I csn tell the only time people get in a huff on here is when they feel their second admendment is in question . Who care banks are raping our countries .. who care cops are constantly over stepping their boundries . Who cares that our freedoms and rights are being stripped away .. ya i guess we might do something a day or two after it is to late .
Eta .. at least they are trying to something regardless how you feel they are going about it ..

How about this?

I support the spirit behind what they do. I just can't wrap my head around the way they do it. It's meant to be constructive criticism not just criticism.

I can't help but think we may be hurting ourselves. That's all.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
You know... the "Right" to protest the "Right" to protest...

Maybe now that we are at 320 Million people, the capacity to build bombs is ever present, everyone drives automobiles... etc etc, Maybe protesting in this form is just retarded now?

Is it me or in all reality wouldn't this effort be better served "VOTING" or even "Boycotting" or something other than assembling a Mob mentality in the streets

I'm just by way of thinking actually being involved in politics in the first place getting into the topic of who actually runs for office above and beyond voting, using financial power, making your voice heard electronically... is a bit more "modern" and useful than thinking it's 1963 and shutting down cities and being violent

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

From what I understand, the protest had engaged in a sit-in and was making its way down the police precinct. Considering the age of the dragged girl was 16 years old, I think it's safe to assume that the students met at their high school as a rallying point.

www.syracuse.com...

Crossing the street as a pedestrian isn't illegal though one can be ticketed for jaywalking. Pedestrians do generally have the right of way, particularly at intersections.

If you examine the longer video, the protesters were stopped because there was a vehicle crossing before them on the right. The white vehicle that the Subaru passes was also stopped to give the protesters the right of way.

From Minnesota state law:

(b) When any vehicle is stopped at a marked crosswalk or at an intersection with no marked crosswalk to permit a pedestrian to cross the roadway, the driver of any other vehicle approaching from the rear shall not overtake and pass the stopped vehicle.

www.revisor.mn.gov...

That's exactly what the Subaru driver did.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I'm not sure I'd give a flying frack what the law states if I was in the middle of a mob of angry people who might pull me out of the car, lol, why are we quoting traffic laws here, that's not normal traffic your driving in that's the start of doomsday... Maybe if the Aliens arrive i'll pay attention to stop signs on my way out of the city lol, be sure to put the recycling bin out before I abandon my house.... sheeesh

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: criticalhit
I'm not sure I'd give a flying frack what the law states if I was in the middle of a mob of angry people who might pull me out of the car, lol, why are we quoting traffic laws here, that's not normal traffic your driving in that's the start of doomsday... Maybe if the Aliens arrive i'll pay attention to stop signs on my way out of the city lol, be sure to put the recycling bin out before I abandon my house.... sheeesh

One of the best ways of creating an angry mob is to drive into a crowd of people and try and run them over.

If J. Patrick Rice had of hurt one of my family, vengeance would have been mine!!

Perhaps he didn't agree with the protesters or their ideals; that is no reason to try and injure your fellow man.

I can guarantee you that he is regretting that stupidass move now as the Law and lawyers prepare their reactions. I hope the woman he injured sues his ass off. Sadly, now his family will suffer thru no fault of their own, he will probably lose his job and not be able to get another one. Who would hire a loser like that?

And anyone that would defend this loser is as big a retard as J. Patrick Rice is!!

Sheeesh indeed..........

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Well it's better than getting dragged out of your vehicle and having a brick and fire extinguisher smashed down on top of your head. Reginald Denny comes to mind. ~$heopleNation

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join