It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of car running over protestors in Minneapolis

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
www.startribune.com... closer but equally short video of the incident seems police are talking to the driver but no mention of charges yet

www.slate.com...

www.liveleak.com... 43 second video from live leak

It then comes to a stop and several protesters surround the vehicle. The driver of the vehicle then takes off, hitting several protesters as it drives away. At least one woman was taken by ambulance to an area hospital. Officials said she has non-life threatening injuries. As of 5:30 p.m., Minneapolis police spokesman John Elder said the driver was not in custody and has not been ticketed. Read more at www.liveleak.com...
so from this article at least no charges or tickets filed at this time

edit to add if you look closely before the ramming you can see what looks like a few people jump on the hood of the car and then the driver appears to punch it
edit on 25-11-2014 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Remember how the police always ask the protesters to stay out of the streets for their protection and safety? Well, looks like they should have listened...

Obviously this guy made a poor choice in attempting to go through the crowd. He could have gone around, but chose not to. Maybe that was also a panicked decision? He could have stopped and reversed. There were other avenues available, both literally and figuratively.

Of course, I am neither in his shoes nor do I hope to be, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it all plays out.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
How many point do you reckon this guy picked up after this point? over 9,000!?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I guess no one told them that playing in the street is dangerous.

a reply to: Domo1

edit on 25-11-2014 by guitarplayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
To exonerate this driver is to hold him as a driver who ignores the first rule of driving . The very first rule. This is the rule my father taught me was the foundation of this privilege my nation offered me. The privilige of driving. I took an oath to up hold this rule when I took my first test. This rule is, you will take all caution in the presence of pedestrians. Simple.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   

This person has been playing too much grand theft auto I think..I mean it's all fun and games, when it's a game..running over people in real life..not too well thought out

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
To exonerate this driver is to hold him as a driver who ignores the first rule of driving . The very first rule. This is the rule my father taught me was the foundation of this privilege my nation offered me. The privilige of driving. I took an oath to up hold this rule when I took my first test. This rule is, you will take all caution in the presence of pedestrians. Simple.

Too bad more don't teach their children about being a cautious pedestrian...not jaywalking...ect.

2cd

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   
He pulls up, 3 or so people jump on his hood or otherwise surround his car, he hits the gas. Maybe he shouldn't have pulled up, then again we're not all unemployed like these protestors. Someone's gotta pay the bills, he's probably comin or going to work. They were blocking the road, if the cops won't clear the road then the hard working citizens will have to.

This driver was obviously just trying to get through the crowd, he only accelerated when his car was attacked. Another case of self defense, when will people learn that if you attack someone they can defend themselves?
edit on 26-11-2014 by hammanderr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
A protest of this nature is illegal, and I definitely think that every single protester should be jailed. Why? Because they are standing in the middle of the freaking road, INTERFERING with civilians who are simply trying to go about their business. These people are breaking the law. I do not understand how protesters can sit there and protest for "justice" while breaking the law. It is ludicrous. Pot meet kettle. Now while I do not advocate running people over, what do these people expect to happen when they stand in the middle of a street? Depending on exactly what occurs, sometimes running people over is more justified than at other times, but let me explain that statement...

Let's say a car pulls up and stops. It is trying to inch its way down the road, which again should not be blocked in the first place, yet the mob won't disperse. Most people would keep inching, giving the people time to move out of the road. If they choose to stand in front of a moving vehicle, when they have every opportunity to move, you have to blame stupidity just as much as the driver. Is the driver supposed to just sit there forever? No, and the driver has every right to move forward as long as they give the people the opportunity to move. The only time pedestrians are allowed to be in the middle of the road is when they are crossing the street. And they are only supposed to do that at crosswalks. So they are probably breaking multiple laws. I can think of four off the top of my head. Protesting is one thing, but this is madness.

And the person in the car can still hear what the people outside the vehicle are shouting. What if one of them shouts something that makes you think you're in danger? I would think that the fact that these people had the opportunity to get out of the way, yet didn't, coupled with the fact that the driver could have felt threatened or endangered, is plenty of justification for running these people over. Can you imagine what you would feel like if your car was suddenly surrounded by angry people shouting and yelling who knows what, while at the same time purposefully impeding your progress? I would think I was about to be robbed or kidnapped or something. Nothing good. Then there are occasions when the driver could have a medical emergency and is trying to get to a hospital. These people wouldn't know that, and if that scenario ever did play out, and a person died because they couldn't reach the hospital, I would want every single one of those people charged with manslaughter. This is why ORDER is important.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TiedDestructor

I make no attempt to exonerate the pedestrians. Whatever their social or political beliefs, they are still pedestrians. Legally pedestrians. A single pedestrian jaywalking should be cited for jaywalking. A driver who consciously aims his car at a single pedestrian who is jaywalking should be charged with attempted murder. Yes or no...Yes or no?????

Stupid pedestrians. Standing in the way of an on coming car. For what ever reason. Stupid. If you want arrest all those pedestrians along with the driver and charge them all with reckless endangerment. Fine. But how can this drivers culpability be justified. As a driver I can find no way.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   
www.startribune.com...
has video from one of the protesters view.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Read Jiggys post above me.

Your answer is there.

(Hint...gtfo the road!)

Night night

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Evil driver. In the beginning of the 44 second video, the driver purposely drives into the thickest part of the protestors while other vehicles were going around. I hope they nail the driver.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I lived in Los Angeles in the MIDDLE of the riots. I learned from what I saw. If I was in a car and stopped by an angry mob, you bet I would run EVERYONE over.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

police have talked to the driver and as of the last link i read no tickets or charges were being filed or issued for him and htey know his name etc so its not like the person is trying to hide

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Back again. An automoble should not be driven towards a group, gathering, mob, parade, assembly of people in ANY event. The correct course of action by a conscientious driver would be to stay well clear in all cases. An automobile is a lethal weapon in my book and should in all cases be considered this way and used accordingly.

So if its a lethal weapon, you can say that those protesters chose to stand in front of a lethal weapon then. No?

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   
What would Bill Hicks do?

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   

And protestors should know better by NOT blocking public right of ways.

Blocking a public right of way is not protesting... its illegal.

** Pants up don't loot **

edit on 26-11-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: TiedDestructor

Read Jiggys post above me.

Your answer is there.

(Hint...gtfo the road!)

Night night
Sorry it does not. Ziggy suggests

and the driver has every right to move forward as long as they give the people the opportunity to move.
Incorrect in every state I have been licensed. As long as this issue is considered on any level other that rules of the road, the conclusion can be biased by any number of moralistic interpretations. Certainly gtfotr is one. However considering it by the under the auspice of the driving code it can only be deemed and infraction. Thats all I'm saying

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   

I saw this in the news after 7pm and wondered why no one had mentioned it.

weird indeed.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join