It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of car running over protestors in Minneapolis

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Honestly

I would need to know more before saying he was wrong. If for example my family was in the car and people were trying to get them and me out or something as bad, I would plough through them all too. I wouldnt stop like the driver here did.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: hammanderr
He pulls up, 3 or so people jump on his hood or otherwise surround his car, he hits the gas. Maybe he shouldn't have pulled up, then again we're not all unemployed like these protestors. Someone's gotta pay the bills, he's probably comin or going to work. They were blocking the road, if the cops won't clear the road then the hard working citizens will have to.

This driver was obviously just trying to get through the crowd, he only accelerated when his car was attacked. Another case of self defense, when will people learn that if you attack someone they can defend themselves?

Yes they did. Granted. But the maybe he shouldn't have pulled up is the key point here. He deliberately pulled around the car in front of him that was clearly stopped for the pedestrians and advanced on them in an aggressive manner. Their legality is in question certainly but to justify his behavior on those grounds is wrong. I saw no attempt at violence to this vehicle until he advanced on the pedestrians. His violent approach incited their rath just as surely as you suggest he was reacting to the immediate threat of them pounding on his car after plowing through them. Hold them accountable, sure. But in this situation the driver had no right to approach in this manner.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   

need to see what happened before the vid started - from the camera work i have suspicions that the vid has been purposly edited to ommit the prelude

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Agreed Tadaman family first . If this was Ireland during a IRA funeral and you were a British army officer you would not have had the opportunity to accelerate .Only takes one gun in that crowd .

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Perhaps you should look through the videos in the OP.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: boncho

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Back again. An automoble should not be driven towards a group, gathering, mob, parade, assembly of people in ANY event. The correct course of action by a conscientious driver would be to stay well clear in all cases. An automobile is a lethal weapon in my book and should in all cases be considered this way and used accordingly.

So if its a lethal weapon, you can say that those protesters chose to stand in front of a lethal weapon then. No?

Gees Boncho. I have posted numerous times in this thread. In each one I have made no attempt to justify this form of protest. Nor have I taken any position attempting to justify stupid pedestrians. Not once. But in attempting to counter the rush to justify the actions of this driver, which I might point out run up and down the tread, I have run into an inordinate amount of blaming the pedestrians to justify his actions as defensive actions taken for his right to drive through a group of people. He has no such right. Two wrongs do make a right. Whether or not they had a right to be there he did not have the right to drive through them like that.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Oy the level of pathological hatred here in this thread is just wowzers, isn't it? Cheer up though. I think that it was a pretty rotten thing to do as the person in question clearly passed a car to keep moving on through regardless of people in the road. At best, they could've not stopped in time due to the road conditions and then it got out of hand in their response. I don't think they should go without charge either.

There was a second one apparently as well, same city again--Minneapolis. Apparently people enjoying hitting people with cars in that city.
www.startribune.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   
After all the justifying I have heard for this driver, I have gone back and watched this video several time more. I saw that there was no aggression to his or any other vehicle while he was standing still. Other cars were skating the perimeter to the left and receiving no violence towards them. They were flowing away from the protest. This driver could have easily have turned to the left and gone through. He did'nt. He chose to turn to the right, pass the car in front of him that was standing still and then use his car as a battering ram against the protesters. All the moralizing over the rights and wrongs of the protest and ensuing violence do not negate the responsibilities of the privilege of driving.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: WhiteAlice
a reply to: olaru12

Oy the level of pathological hatred here in this thread is just wowzers, isn't it? Cheer up though. I think that it was a pretty rotten thing to do as the person in question clearly passed a car to keep moving on through regardless of people in the road. At best, they could've not stopped in time due to the road conditions and then it got out of hand in their response. I don't think they should go without charge either.

There was a second one apparently as well, same city again--Minneapolis. Apparently people enjoying hitting people with cars in that city.
www.startribune.com...

Here we see it again. The beginning is not as cut and dried as the other video. However, after the first few protesters have fallen by the way, the driver pulls ahead and at about half way through the video has a clear opportunity to turn right and get out of the mob. Instead he chooses to turn left and drive on into the massed protesters again. This to me is looking more and more like protester hunting which I gather is just hunky dorry for a lot of folks here.
edit on 30America/ChicagoWed, 26 Nov 2014 03:10:30 -0600Wed, 26 Nov 2014 03:10:30 -060014112014-11-26T03:10:30-06:003u10 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I'm just glad that driver is okay, shame he got dings on his vehicle though...

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Wow..I might have to retract my statement after seeing that longer video...

That car left the traffic flow past the crowd and turned into them, they are probably going to be in some trouble for that one. looks like a bunch of bad decisions. I don't think the scared for your life defense will work in this situation, and the driver deserves/d punishment.

It looks like they got sick of waiting, instead of taking the open lane to the left, just tried to bully through the pedestrians, got scared and ran a bunch over. Pretty arrogant first maneuver. I am guessing the pedestrians still have the right away. Def some injuries there.

Let's see if this hits the msm. That will be interesting to see!

wow, just wow, is all I can say.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   

With all the hypotheticals in this thread, how about one more. Were this a protest for open carry, and the protesters were carrying lugars and remmingtons and twelve gauges, would these two drivers have acted in the same manner? I think not. I think they would have turned in the opposite direction and gotten the heck out of there as soon as the importunity arose which in both of these cases did.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   
It wasn't like he was spinning the tires there, maybe he had kids in the back.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I like that thought, Terry.

The thought of an armed populous leads me to dream of a totally different world; one that I like.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Idiots all round imo. Driver clearly aimed for the thickest part of the protest to drive through, didn't slow down when there were people on his front bonnet, didn't stop when one of them clearly fell in front of the car and almost went under his front left wheel, and kept going even after the car went over a 'bump', which was the protester that fell in front of his left wheel. Hopefully it's only their legs he ran over...

The protesters are just as stupid. There's someone in a 1tonne+ metal cage coming towards you, you're all yelling and screaming and generally acting aggressive. The chance of the driver panicking and flooring it is high, but instead of making an opening and letting him/her through, you refuse to budge which only serves to inflame the situation and increase the risk of being run over.

Doesn't seem to be much intelligence coming from either side in this video..

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
twitter: hit & run suspect in custody

Libor Jany @StribJany
Follow
Police say the hit-and-run suspect is in custody.
6:25 PM - 25 Nov 2014 Minneapolis, MN, United States

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   
if you watch the second video in the OP you will see the driver pull out from behind a stationary vehicle and try to muscle his/her way through the crowd. he/she didn't panic, he/she was stuck behind another vehicle and in no danger whatsoever, Just a impatient prick. This is a idiot that needs some jail time.
edit on 26-11-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

The guy in the car didn't have a birds eye view like us. All he had was a mob in front of him, he tried to slowly get through the mob, only accelerating when his car was attacked. See it from his view, his position, his speed, his safety point of view. You're Monday morning quarterbacking a man in a dangerous, developing situation. And let us not forget the violent history of this type of protest.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

Love how the guy beating on this mans vehicle is wearing a shirt that says something along the lines of "no police," yet when the police officer activates his emergency lights to stop the vehicle they are cheering and saying "get him."

So what is it, no police or do they want them around? I am confused.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: LordGoofus

Yeah I think that would be my assessment too.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join