It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferguson Grand Jury Could Not Reach a Decision on Friday.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The Gates of hell are already open no matter what the grand jury decides they are not going to be satisfied this reminds me of the roman colosseum. They would have to tear the officer piece by piece to be satisfied. This Imho is the Straw and the camels back is already broke... My question is when it does hit the fan how the heck am I going to get on ats or how will we continue to discuss our Theories??? Life will be so blah a reply to: SkepticOverlord

edit on 22-11-2014 by ATF1886 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

The grand Jury process maybe wasn't necessary at all. I feel like it was just a way for the prosecutor to keep his head off the chopping block with both the community as well as the police/local politicians, it's pretty crony all around there. Could be as a prosecutor he knew there was a case which would mean the end of his career on the political side and conversely it could be that he knew there wasn't a case which would mean the end of his career on the community side. Personally though, I think sometimes when you choose that career path it means stepping in between a rock and a hard place therefor he's a coward for passing it off to a grand jury.

I wish people would remember that there are far more peaceful protestors than rioters and looters, there's some beauty taking place there too. It's a shame that there's only one interpretation being fostered on any front besides live stream. It seems to always be the way regardless of the issue. A lot of people have this strange aversion to protest and civil unrest. I wonder if it's guilt for being too lazy to do what they know must be done to truly change anything. If a system is broken, how can it be respected... how long should it be and why is it so contemptible to throw wrenches into its gears (by which I don't mean taking it on store owners and residents)?

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ATF1886

Who's really in the Colosseum though?
Them or you?

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I don't believe there is such a thing as a "hung" jury in the grand jury system. This from the MO AG's office:

GRAND JURY A grand jury replaces the preliminary hearing in certain cases as a method by which criminal charges can be filed. A grand jury is a panel of private citizens, chosen in a manner similar to the way in which trial juries are chosen, whose job is to look into allegations of criminal activity. The prosecutor presents evidence to the 12 grand jurors, nine of whom must agree on whether a crime was committed and whether there is probable cause to believe the defendant committed it. As with a preliminary hearing, the case is either bound over to the circuit court or the defendant is freed. Grand jury proceedings are closed to the public. Defendants do not attend unless they are testifying as witnesses.

ago.mo.gov...

Therefore, either the officer walks or he is bound over to stand trial for the crime the grand jury has found.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

I have to tell you that if I were in that cops position I would be resigning as well. He will NEVER be safe in that neighborhood again.They WILL be gunning for him,no matter the verdict. His career there is washed up now. I'm pretty sure that anyone that was in his position at this point would do the same,knowing that one day you would not be coming home to your family if you stay in that job.

Having made all my comments on this and other posts,I'm here to say that changes MUST come to those police departments,ALL of them. The cops walk around with an attitude no matter if you did anything or not. Don't even bother trying to talk to them. Riverview cops were the worst of them in my book.They acted like assholes no matter what you did.Even if you were the one that called them,they acted like 'your just lucky I decided to be nice and show up to help you,so shut up until I TELL you ,you can talk'. I kid you not. But the others weren't much better either. Does that mean they deserve to be killed? Of course not.Last time I checked its not illegal to be an asshole.But it certainly doesn't make citizens want to cooperate with you either. I 'hope' cooler heads will prevail in this,but to be honest I'm not holding my breathe.And now I just read that the Grand Jury will reconvene on Monday,so I guess they will drag this out all the way up to Thanksgiving and hope they people will stay home to have dinner with family. Good luck with that. This is a city ready to explode,and it won't be pretty. All it will take is one little thing.www.cnn.com...
edit on 22-11-2014 by Dimithae because: added word

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Everyone no one is safe anymore.. People just want blood at any cost guilty or not!!a reply to: Kali74

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

You seem awfully sure about that. How did you become so sure?

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Also to add this is reminding me of the movie The Purge justice makes no sense anymore right is wrong and wrong is right, but then again that's how things have always been like I said in another post a while ago can we all drop the pigmentation war cause this is what it always boils down to how many white people have been slain by cops and no riots or grand jury's...a reply to: Kali74

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
The same way you believe that protesting actually works... #chuckle# a reply to: Kali74

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I didn't say it always works or that it's the only method.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Then what would you Kali74 propose or how if you had control of protestors what would your solution consist of? How would you see justice in the matter??a reply to: Kali74

edit on 22-11-2014 by ATF1886 because: Adding

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

All Americans should be resisting the militarization of police... that message gets drowned out by criticisms of various protests. Some people... a lot of people think that the best way to stop the militarization is to be good little boys and girls and stop exercising our Constitutional right to protest/redress. Stay inside, keep your head low and if a cop says get on your knees you get on your knees, if you didn't do anything wrong there's nothing to worry about. I think that's idiotic. I think that's exactly what the authoritarians want. No thank-you.

I will never condemn protest or protestors, no matter how much I hate whatever the issue may be... and always condemn police response.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Probably had the verdict handed to them Friday.....but didn't want to get lynched on saterday.......

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

and always condemn police response.

Why? People are clearly incapable of policing themselves. Let a huge pack of protestors have free reign and they're going to get riled up and start smashing things. Of course not all of the protesters, but even good people turn into dirt bags. Mob mentality is dangerous.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Blocking traffic (which I don't agree with) is not an excuse to throw people onto the ground or fire tear gas or fire rubber bullets into a crowd. All the cop line has to do is walk forward into them, if they don't move start turning people around and cuffing them. If then a riot breaks out other methods are warranted.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Ah. I think we both condemn crappy police response, I thought you meant any.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I didn't mean any, sorry if I wasn't clear. Ideally, government would listen to the people that employ it... but they don't and don't leave much choice but to organize/react/demonstrate/protest. Having to leave your daily life in order to make your government listen to you can make anyone angry... as our society stands I understand the need for police presence... I don't understand their need to incite and control and over react.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Reminds of Stanford in 1972 after the mining of Hanoi Harbor. Things escalated from a protest to something else.
"Tam, Tam he's your man. Send him off to Viet Nam!" I remember this scary looking chick with leather gloves ripping open a telephone switching cabinet in the Admin building. Instigator.

Stupid stuff. Feedback loops.
I got out when the getting was good. There comes a time when rationality has to take precedence.

edit on 11/22/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I'm not familiar with that protest, what happened?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join