It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferguson Grand Jury Could Not Reach a Decision on Friday.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
From a CNN news alert just received on my phone: Grand Jury considering case of police officer who shot Michael Brown did not reach a decision Friday, sources tell CNN.

Ferguson: A city on edge and waiting

Anticipating a grand jury decision at any moment, more businesses boarded up their doors and windows and residents hunkered down in their homes on two of Ferguson's main roads.
It's a city in waiting.

The grand jury did not reach a decision Friday and it was unclear when it would reconvene, federal and local law enforcement officials told CNN Saturday.

Given the tensions mounting, online bounties for officer Wilson, protestors chanting for his death, the FBI claiming to have foiled a bomb plot, the National Guard on ready, and leaders of the protestors meeting with police to discuss "rules of engagement," this isn't going to help. Uncertainty might be worse than no indictment.

edit on 22-11-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Let it burn Skeptic,whole place needs to be razed anyway.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Its a four way battle royale!

LEOs vs NBP vs KKK vs Anon

Now we just need a steel cage!

Actually, that might be the best solution. Each group selects a representative, last man standing is "right". Thats the American Way.
edit on 22-11-2014 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-11-2014 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Apparently the case isn't a slam dunk for either side. Wilson's decision to inter into discussion about resigning doesn't bode well for him IMO. I'm surprised they are having a hard time coming to a decision. Police rarely get prosecuted for killing civilians because the laws favor themselves.

If there at the deliberation stage I do wonder when they will get together to solve this either way.

Edit to add:

The grand jury isn't looking at Mike Brown like conservative media and supporters do. This imo favors the people vs the cop. Talk about a entire nation on edge over this. This one event makes me think charges will be brought against the officer.
edit on 22-11-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

I found this interesting

“In Ferguson prosecutor [Robert] McCulloch got no indictment call weeks ago but has not announced because DOJ find biased behavior by him,” says a St. Louis-based cop.

“He knows as soon as no indictment is released they will pounce on him.”

“He’s having a hard time releasing because at this point he can either save Darren Wilson or himself,” the officer noted.

“But it’ll get even worse when they find out about the bias. Everyone is scared. They’re forcing us to work double even triple shifts/ Sometimes they won’t let us go home because some guys are going to home to sleep but not coming back to work cause of fear.”

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

The community has been claiming McCulloch is biased and apart of the problem the entire time. There is recent issues with the police with racism and corruption are widespread in the St Louis area but this DA hasn't done anything about it, now the issues are on a national stage, hard to cover up in this case.

You got a link?

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
As a brit looking from across the pond. A lot of people seem to be pissed off about this killing. I am just glad that our coppers are not routinely armed like over there, plus there is a racial aspect to all of this. The way things are looking with the world in general, I wonder if this incident could kick the whole thing off, a proper colour revolution USA style. Seems like every one wants to get in on the action Anon KKK just what its just the sort of thing TPTB would need to clamp things down. Fingers crossed I am way off the mark eh.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Yea, but I was refering to cops leaving work and not returning. Not that I exactly trust the source but then I doubt they would want that info released as well, so who knows.
source

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: illuminnaughty
As a brit looking from across the pond. A lot of people seem to be pissed off about this killing. I am just glad that our coppers are not routinely armed like over there, plus there is a racial aspect to all of this. The way things are looking with the world in general, I wonder if this incident could kick the whole thing off, a proper colour revolution USA style. Seems like every one wants to get in on the action Anon KKK just what its just the sort of thing TPTB would need to clamp things down. Fingers crossed I am way off the mark eh.

just the sort of thing TPTB would need to clamp things down

That right there!

I was talking on the phone with a friend of mine yesterday and of course I had the idiot box on, and the media kept saying, "The decision could come any minute now!". I started laughing and told my friend, "Isn't that what they were saying last Friday?"!

Now take into consideration that Obama recently met with protest leaders and told them to "Stay the course!". Eric Holder, the head honcho of our whole countries law enforcement not playing neutral but picking sides! Al Sharpton organizing protests in over 25 cities.........

Never let a good crisis go to waste, and by God they are using this to create "The Perfect Storm"!

One good thing? THE WORLD IS WATCHING!

edit on 22-11-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-11-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

I know the live streamers were reporting that when the raids against people start that the decision would be announced soon after, raids have began but still no decision.

Seems like there blowing on the embers trying to create a fire!

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Al Sharpton's involved. I guess he's just there to balance out the situation. You know, what with all the white supremists burning the town down

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Word now is they will release their verdict/decision on sun. A few of the school district surrounding Ferguson have already called off school on Mon and Tues.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Mmmmmm

I would be more concerned if Thanksgiving wasn't next week....I doubt anything will happen til after next weekend. Can't risk the looters disruprting the sales.....unless they have planned an online blitz :p

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: coop039

That's the key. I read last night (in a Ferguson thread on here) that Monday and Tuesday, several schools were cancelled.

I think it's coming over the weekend or Monday or Tuesday

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

It's disgusting how it seems that they (the protestors) are almost strong arming justice. "If you don't judge in our favor, we'll release hell!". If the man is guilty, let the courts decide his fate.

I'm starting to think that a tactical nuke would be the best solution. Get together all the idiots in the KKK, Black Panthers, Anonymous, and corrupt LEO's together and BLAM! Problem solved.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Ferguson Grand Jury unusual in many ways

Not much is normal about the Missouri grand jury responsible for deciding whether to charge a suburban St. Louis police officer for fatally shooting Michael Brown. Not the length of deliberations, not the manner in which it has heard evidence, not the way in which its work could be made public.

The article goes on to list the many ways how this jury and the handling of the case is most unusual.

High points:

NUMEROUS WITNESSES Often, a grand jury hears testimony from just one or a few people, such as police investigators who summarize physical evidence and statements they've gathered from witnesses. In this case, McCulloch has said "all witnesses with any relevant evidence" were being summoned to testify.

TYPES OF WITNESSES Typically, a prosecutor presents only witnesses who would aid his quest for an indictment. The target of the inquiry does not typically testify. But Wilson testified to the grand jury considering charges against him. Grand jurors also heard from a forensic expert hired by Brown's family — unusual because such testimony typically comes only from government sources.

RECORD KEEPING There often is no record of exactly what's said in Missouri grand juries. That's because only the jurors, witness and prosecutor are in the room. In this case, however, McCulloch's office has said the proceedings are being recorded and transcribed.

SECRETS MADE PUBLIC What's said in a grand jury typically remains secret under Missouri law, though when an indictment is issued, the evidence can be aired at a trial. If Wilson is not indicted, McCulloch says he will ask a judge for permission to publicly release the grand jury evidence as soon as possible.

FOR BETTER OR WORSE Opinion is divided about whether the unusual aspects of this grand jury will inspire trust or skepticism. Platte County Prosecutor Eric Zahnd, a past president of the Missouri Association of Prosecuting Attorneys, believes the differences are beneficial.

"At the end of the day, whether Officer Wilson is indicted or not, it's important that the public have confidence that the system worked as it should," Zahnd said. "For that reason, the grand jury going above and beyond the norm is very, very appropriate."

I guess we can hope can't we.

peace

edit on 22-11-2014 by silo13 because: fix link

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

haha wow ....and you said it best...this will be worse in the end cause it showed they couldn't come to a conclusion...thanks for the thread I had missed this info..

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I'm betting that if the decision, either way, is to be released soon, it won't be until late Wednesday, just before Thanksgiving.

The rationale being that, by such a late release, just before the Very Family-Oriented holiday, there will be a strong disincentive within the community to potential acts of violence.

And the authorities are likely hoping that the long weekend would further encourage people to "cool off" before hitting the streets.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

The rationale being that, by such a late release, just before the Very Family-Oriented holiday, there will be a strong disincentive within the community to potential acts of violence.

Or - exactly opposite. People off work. Long holiday. Family together - to defend family.

The flip side isn't so pretty is it.

peace

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Hmm.... Could we possibly be looking at a hung jury here? Could that happen? What would the people think then? Geesh, the suspense....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join