It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings from ASN (AnonSocialNetwork)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: AnonSocialNetwork

i dont know if you have been asked this already, but what is your interest in establishing contact with ATS? why do you want us to know this stuff? i wasnt under the impression that anonymous was keen on explaining itself to the public.
edit on 16-12-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Anonymous has never had the need to explain anything, nor the inclination really. AnonSocialNetwork is likely a lone agent operating without approval from any Anon core group. As such, his postings and opinions should be considered to be the opinions or justifications of one person, and not the collective.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Why Do We Wear the Mask?
Written by: Everyman AnonHQ

It’s time to explain the meaning behind the Guy Fawkes mask again—from the limited viewpoint of a rather common citizen. While it seems there is always a war waging somewhere on this planet, we live in a particularly turbulent time. Whether or not fanatical patriots wish to admit it, we live in a world filled with injustice and greed, often at the hands of those we’re supposed to trust the most.

The corruption leaks down in the form of desperation causing brother to turn against brother. Citizens of nations everywhere are beginning to awaken from their sleep, and see the world for what it truly is. As a result, the Guy Fawkes mask has received a new form of recognition due to its direct link to the Anonymous Movement.

For many who are unfamiliar with Anonymous, it’s easy to assume that this is a “group”, that it has a community, and a leader who coordinates underground meetings.

This is not the case. There are no leaders. There is no application to fill out, membership fee, nor gang-style initiation process.

The Anonymous Movement has become a means for anyone and everyone to take a stand against whatever issue they feel passionate about, be it global warming, or corporate corruption.

There are those who call themselves Anonymous located on every continent, fighting for a multitude of causes.

There is no set idea of what Anonymous stands for, unless perhaps justice and truth.

Artist and human rights / anti-nuclear activist and POST IGNORANCE guru Kevin D. Blanch (unmasked), Million Mask March

Because the Anonymous Movement is not understood, as well as being misrepresented in the mainstream media, many assume it’s an actual organization. It’s common to hear these people scoff at ordinary citizens for portraying themselves in the Guy Fawkes mask—as though they’re flashing a gang sign in a pompous attempt to portray themselves as a gangster, or perhaps these people feel as though you need to earn the right to wear the mask. This is a misunderstanding of what the mask has come to represent.

The Guy Fawkes mask itself is now a symbol. For those who are actively fighting corruption around the world, it’s a symbol of their anonymity. For the average citizen who takes no part in activism, it’s a symbol of awareness. While Guy Fawkes was an actual historical figure, and the tradition of wearing a mask during Guy Fawkes Night is long standing, the current Guy Fawkes mask was created by British comic artist, David Lloyd, and was used in the movie V for Vendetta. It wasn’t just the mask’s charming smile that caught people’s attention, but the message the movie portrayed.

While the movie may be considered merely another mindless, mainstream production to some, to others it’s an artistic form of inspiration—a statement we can relate to in our current times. With the rise of Anonymous, many people around the globe have begun to feel a glimmer of hope that we are on the verge of change, and the Guy Fawkes mask represents that hope.

We bring to mind once more the image of a sea of grinning faces—all citizens standing together as one—and deep down we wish we could change the world as well.

We need to put an end to the assumption that the Guy Fawkes mask is something you have to earn the right to wear.

We all either have, or will, experience injustice in our lives. We all have a voice, and an opinion. We need to stand together as one—one face, one voice, and let the corrupt institutions of the world know that our eyes are open.
So on that note, to all of those who work 40+ hours a week and barely make ends meet, to the college students who cannot find work and pay their loans, to the women who endure sexual discrimination on a daily basis in order to keep their jobs, to those who’ve faced the brutality of law because of the color of their skin, to the mothers who cried for the children of Gaza—wear the mask proudly.

It doesn’t matter if your face and name are known.

It doesn’t matter whether or not you’ve protested at your capitol, or hacked a major database.

What matters is that you are awake.

edit on 31/12/14 by masqua because: YT vid removed per author request

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Why not hack the hackers who are hacking ATS?

Just a suggestion...

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: masqua

Anonymous would likely respond with simply

"We are Not Your Personal Army"

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonSocialNetwork

A kind welcome from the Digital Jedi.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Personal?

More like 304,656 persons, really.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

You stole the words right out of my mouth.

Funny how the two event are so close in Time, too.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

True, but Anonymous has always had a policy of "We are not your personal army". Generally, requests to Anonymous to take action on behalf of a person, or group of people, are typically laughed at. And in some cases, they hack the requester just to prove a point.

I'm not saying I agree with it, just as someone who once had an "inside line" so to speak, I can say this is how they would likely respond.
edit on 19-12-2014 by ScientificRailgun because: Corrections, added.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Not directing this towards you personally....

Isn't/Wasn't it against the sites T & C once upon a time about "Promoting"

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

And such a response is fine with me, as long as the main thrust of their 'Operations' are aimed at those who do wrong.

So, if that remains their aim, then why not attempt to uncover and counter what seems to be not just an attack on a Hollywood film, but also a wide-ranging war against freedom of speech? ATS seems to be an incidental recipient of some of the damage it's causing, but it's certainly not the primary target by these 'guardians'.

Or is Anonymous not up to such a challenge?

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

This would be something the administrators of ATS would decide. Seriously above my non-pay grade.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Their Operations range from fighting against those who do wrong, to doing the wrong themselves. A lot of people (not saying you are among them, of course) appear to have some misconceptions about Anonymous that they're freedom fighters or defenders of free speech. While they do occasionally rally against issues like this, they equally likely to do some abhorrent act.

Very recently, it seems ATS may have come under attack by DDOS as you had previously pointed out. I wonder if it's any coincidence that these experienced an uptick when AnonSocialNetwork joined. I had long contended that he was not an "official" Anonymous spokesperson of any sort. Perhaps this was Anonymous' response to an unofficial person speaking for them?

That last paragraph is purely speculation, of course.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I can't believe a single individual within that group should have the 'freedom' to do whatever they want using the name of Anonymous itself. Not saying there's a single 'leader' out there who 'controls' what is done in their interests, but I'm sure if anyone attempted to presume to speak for them, the slap down would be fairly quick.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

On a sidenote, it is interesting to note that Anonymous hacked Sony in 2011...

Then mysterious hackers from China create a DDos attack on ATS... About the time Sony was attacked a second time by "anonymous north koreans"...

And NK's internet passes through China...

Hm.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Anonymous occasionally allows a single "spokesperson" to speak for them, but this person is usually groomed by the core group of Anonymous before they're allowed to say anything. This person speaks only as the collective allows them to, often through prepared messages. The "person" is usually just the person in control of the "enter" key. Additionally, if they say anything out of line, they get doxxed nearly immediately and removed from Anonymous.

You are correct in that Anonymous has no single "leader". The collective decision of a majority of members is usually what prompts any action. Some of them may individually have more "pull" than other members, especially if they're long-time members.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Anonymous is known to use Proxy servers in China for some of their attacks, and there are collections of chinese botnets that are used by Anonymous at times to do what they want.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
Generally, requests to Anonymous to take action on behalf of a person, or group of people, are typically laughed at. And in some cases, they hack the requester just to prove a point..

They just sound like a bunch of worse-than-useless weenies in need of a spanking and being sent to bed without dinner.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

99% of them are EXACTLY that, FlyersFan. Agreed wholeheartedly. There's a reason I broke from them a long time ago.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Maybe the main thrust of the recent attacks can lead to something positive after all…

The threat of the Guardians is serious, and they herald a world in which a bad security story may not just mean the loss of user trust and revenue, but the obliteration of a company’s ability to function. So as the media fiddles while Sony burns, wallowing in the stolen emails and pointing fingers, there’s much we all need to learn about our own security vulnerabilities and longstanding inadequacies. We need to do it now.

www.slate.com...

I know this website is trying to protect itself and I’m very glad that we are fortunate enough to have SO as our techie administrator.

Too bad Anonymous has been silent about the Guardians and their threats to free speech.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join