It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings from ASN (AnonSocialNetwork)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: AnonSocialNetwork

I personally would be more concerned with how poorly your data is being secured by companies you trust?

Two wrongs don't make a right. Ethical hacking does not include pasting private info and boasting about it.

Anonymous are not the worst that's out there,

You're doing it again look^^

'Lesser of two evils' doesn't wash. It's BS. People need to piss and bitch when Anon do wrong and cheer when they do right.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnonSocialNetwork
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

So...how 'bout this, Anon? Anonymous Leaked A Massive List Of Passwords And Credit Card Numbers

I personally would be more concerned with how poorly your data is being secured by companies you trust?

I won't condemn or condone these actions, but if you asked someone to look after your personal effects, and they just left them out unsecured for anyone who cares to look, who is really at fault?

Anonymous are not the worst that's out there, those who would steal and use your data are very rarely the ones that tell you about it....

ASN

Cute...but not what I would call a denial. Interesting.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Nit the first or last Anon on ATS... Either way Hello and welome. Look foward to seeing what you have to say..

Happy Days

Purp..

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: steamiron

People need to piss and bitch when Anon do wrong and cheer when they do right.

They do, and you are.

There are 100 Million identity thefts per year on average, and that is just in the US alone. Of that, only 15 Million identities are actually used fraudulently each year.

For Anonymous to highlight the issue, and admitting that they did it, further shaming these companies into protecting their customers (which they should have been their priority in the first place), assumes its self as mere 'bitter/sweet' exposure to the problem.

ASN

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I won't condemn or condone these actions, ....

WEAK. What was done was illegal and immoral. There are no rational excuses for that behavior. Voluntarily belonging to a group and refusing to condemn that group for it's bad behavior is also immoral.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

I won't condemn or condone these actions, ....

WEAK. What was done was illegal and immoral. There are no rational excuses for that behavior. Voluntarily belonging to a group and refusing to condemn that group for it's bad behavior is also immoral.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

To attempt to equate Anonymous with any sense of morality is a fallacy.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Your attempt to convince me that none of your fellow members are responsible for any of such attack has proven unsuccessful; for not only are you representative of Anon (and, thus, biased in protecting your group's reputation), but also you cannot possibly convince me that you know exactly what every single Anon members are doing, everywhere, at every time.

Anyone can claim to be an Anon member (meaning Anon itself is not even aware of a majority of Anon members), and Anon has no accepted leaders or enforced moral standards; you cannot even hope to control the totality of such a group's individuals actions.

Anonymous' very definition nullifies your own argument.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

For Anonymous to highlight the issue, and admitting that they did it, further shaming these companies into protecting their customers (which they should have been their priority in the first place), assumes its self as mere 'bitter/sweet' exposure to the problem.

Well then...there goes your cred.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

I don't think there are any members of Anon, just anyone who puts on a Guy Fawkes mask and can hack can claim to be anonymous.

I really do not get why anyone how is supposed to representing the good in humanity would post the credit card info of innocent people. Hacking of credit information happens every holiday season. I am actually surprised the OP did not denounce these actions.

Now if likes of say Bill Gates, Sheldon Anderson, Warren Buffet and other billionaires had their CC numbers hacked and put on public display, that would be impressive.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

"Weak" as you may see it, but as an affiliated account, to assume I would take any other stance would lack guidance would it not?

Do I condone these actions? No, and you as a moderator should know this account wouldn't last long if I did. Do I condemn these actions? No, and a 'non-biased' view on what Anonymous does could not be achieved if I did.

So what was said was not "WEAK", but a fairly obvious statement regarding the topic, I'm sure that would have become more clear were it considered less flagrantly?

And please be aware that shouting at this account does not equal shouting at Anonymous as a whole. Your comments are of course valid as are mine. Were it my personal details that had been stolen from companies that I had entrusted them with, I would be annoyed at the company, as I can do nothing to stop those who would attempt to steal data.

Individually we can do nothing regarding those we wish to protect ourselves from, but we can demand protection from those who are supposed to protect us, those who promise to secure our data and do not.

ASN

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Interesting. So you claim to be an Anonymous member, but when it starts to get too hot, you turn your back on them. In my book this has a name, but you would not like it.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Myself and affiliates of this account know where to look and are far more likely to hear about it than yourself I am guessing. Trust me, Anonymous had nothing to do with it.

If LizardSquad hadn't owned up to the PSN/XBox Live attacks, you would have thought that was us too no?

Not us, end of...

ASN

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Could you please explain how that statement was somehow a pivotal maneuver? Although ASN's credibility goes further than your approval, but just curious.

Thank you

ASN

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

There are many dirty hacks linked to Anonymous. Your point applies only to one.

Or is part of your methodology to keep credit for all "heroic" hacks, but blame all dirty & self-serving hacks on some other groups?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Hi there Swanne. Not entirely sure what you mean by 'turn your back on them'?

But yes, Anonymous have indeed done some things in the past, and to this date. I have already mentioned more times than I care to imagine, that this account is journalistic in nature, and as such will remain non-biased on their actions.

So the fact that anyone would expect conversations with this account to be swayed toward condemning Anon's actions just haven't been reading from the start. I am not asking you to, but I am making it clear that this has been addressed to death, and that is not why this account is here.

This account does not condone illegal actions, nor will it condemn the actions of Anonymous, merely report it. Please do not get annoyed that I will not commit to writing, that which you would rather hear.

Thank you

ASN

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I think I've asked you before, but I don't think I ever received an answer. As a former Anon myself I have a few questions.

1: Does /i/ - Insurgency still exist?

2: Is PartyVan Radio still a thing?

3: Does the core group still gather on Rizon's IRC, or have they migrated elsewhere?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I have a question:

If the Right finally sees a justification in organized force against what it sees as a threat to the America that it feels that it owns (as is constantly threatened on this one site alone, as well as on virtually every other bitch forum on the internet), is there any counterbalance that exists against that force capable of coming from the Left, or is it a case where all the Left has is the ability to hack websites and inflict small change crap like that? Seriously. How the hell does anyone get excited or concerned about a denial of service attack on a KKK website? Do those morons even have websites that do more than post racist JPEGs?

Tell me why I should see Anonymous a being anything more significant than the 20-something squirrels on this site that think they're in direct communication with God?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Ha damn, you're going back some my friend

Yeah /i/nsurgency still exists, but only as an archive. Nobody uses it anymore. Links to 'tools' etc. are still on there though...

PartyVan W/i/ki

PartyVan Radio is dead. But there are others such as:

AnonOps Live

and

AnonRadio Uk

There are more, and they aren't hard to find.

3: Does the core group still gather on Rizon's IRC, or have they migrated elsewhere?

No, certain 'core' members use AnonOps IRC:

AnonOps IRC

Active 'core' members do not discuss any real action within these playgrounds though, not since LulSec, FBI/Chat logging etc., it became too risky where simply 'suggesting' action can get you arrested. Most use XMPP/OTR encrypted chat.

If you need anymore help in finding your way back, just let me know..

That was a joke of course..

ASN

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I would assume the use of OTR or something like Cryptocat would be an instant flag. I happen to know that cell phone calls are recorded and stored, so I would imagine anything using OTR would also be slurped up for consumption/decryption at a later date.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Ha damn, you're going back some my friend

Yeah /i/nsurgency still exists, but only as an archive. Nobody uses it anymore. Links to 'tools' etc. are still on there though...

PartyVan W/i/ki

PartyVan Radio is dead. But there are others such as:

AnonOps Live

and

AnonRadio Uk

There are more, and they aren't hard to find.

No, certain 'core' members use AnonOps IRC:

AnonOps IRC

Active 'core' members do not discuss any real action within these playgrounds though, not since LulSec, FBI/Chat logging etc., it became too risky where simply 'suggesting' action can get you arrested. Most use XMPP/OTR encrypted chat.

If you need anymore help in finding your way back, just let me know..

That was a joke of course..

ASN

Thank you kindly, yeah that's going a long way back. I parted ways with the Anonymous core group a long time ago. A shame to see my old stomping grounds no longer around, though it's understandable. Times change, and so too must people and groups evolve. A wise move probably to move to encrypted chats.

And I have no desire to find my way back in. That's a rabbit hole I'm happy not going down. I enjoy my life as is, and see no need jeopardize that by associating with Anonymous again.

Not that anyone could find me. I'm behind like 7 proxies.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join