It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings from ASN (AnonSocialNetwork)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: masqua

There are surprisingly few in Anonymous who can more than simply DDOS someone. "True" hackers in Anonymous are actually pretty rare. I too am interested to see what response, if any, they will provide.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

One thing is for certain: The recent and ongoing Guardians of Peace episode sure stole any thunder Anonymous used to hold.

It's like the new Hobbit movie with all those armies battling it out... the Orcs looked all organized with planned attacks and the elves and dwarves seemed like incompetent idiots who couldn't stop from being their own worst enemies.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: masqua

Too bad Anonymous has been silent about the Guardians and their threats to free speech.

Maybe their silence provides us with an answer:

The DDoS attack on ATS and on Sony are linked to Anonymous. Since Anonymous does not wish to admit this on ATS, Anonymous gives no answer (the other alternative is to provide a lie).

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

I hear where you're going with this, but isn't it (the) goal of Anonymous to fight against the corrupt powers of the world?

If they've turned into the equivalent of Orcs... well, there goes that noble cause.

LOL
edit on 19/12/14 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

To call any cause of Anonymous "noble" is a misnomer. At the end of the day, they're in it for the lulz.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Oh, I know all about the lulz factor. Not so far removed from reality that I haven't seen a few clues on that score.

Honestly, I'm basing my comments on the direction many of their public statements take.

I'l take a large dose of scepticism with much of it.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Good on ya. If you're ever curious about deeper workings of Anon, send me a U2U.

I don't have any ties to them anymore, but will openly admit I was associated with them earlier in my IT career.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

One thing is for certain: The recent and ongoing Guardians of Peace episode sure stole any thunder Anonymous used to hold.

Yeah, second that. Not condoning the actions of the GOP , but in one event they were able to bring a Corporate Behemoth to its knees and without the typical Anon empty threats and youtube masked videos.

Who would have thought that this was possible without them even having to bring down a publicly accessible sony.com website.

Anonymous should reconsider calling themselves obnoxiousness with their DDOS attacks .

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

Anonymous would likely respond with simply

"We are Not Your Personal Army"

that is actually one of the more prominent rules of the internet, if the internet can be said to have rules. right up there with "pics or didnt happen" and...whats that other one? oh right: "anon always delivers".
edit on 19-12-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

The popular "Rules of the Internet" was penned by Anonymous, actually.

Well, it was penned on 4chan, where Anonymous originated.

Edit: My favorite of those rules is Rule 34. It has never proven to be untrue.
edit on 19-12-2014 by ScientificRailgun because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

thankyou

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
anonymous is singular so we know how the powers that sleaze will infiltrate and try and discredit them but it only takes one of them to hack into a ticker board and expose Murdoch and call for him to be truth tested and fMRI tested and that gets put out everywhere then his businesses will immediately be called into question and if it comes out that probably 90% of the politicians and a percentage of the freemasons have been committing crimes against children and the house of cards falls.

It would not be hard to get enough people to withdraw there tax contributions to the government and also stop paying their mortgages and debts back to the corrupt banks once it is fully exposed that the police have been protecting the paedos and then would it would be possible to force a change, all on the actions of that one potential person who just gets it right.

So no I don't believe its possible for the illuminati to discredit an organisation that can always be just a singular person with some understanding of how stuff works.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
So...how 'bout this, Anon? Anonymous Leaked A Massive List Of Passwords And Credit Card Numbers
www.abovetopsecret.com...
...or is that a different lodge?

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I don't think the DDOS attack was anonymous I was blocked off for 2 days not the 1 day everyone else experienced, I know this doesn't mean anything to anyone else but I can assure you it was not orchestrated by them.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: jinni73

Its hard to tell. With anon not knowing who is or isn't anon, it maybe an of shoot or splinter group. A lot of times the left hand doesn't know what the left is doing. As for "who" actually did it we may never know.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Credit card security being as weak as it is, and passwords passed around in clear text leave everyone vulnerable.
I never saw any Anonymous post that revealed anything an untrustworthy script kiddie could use.
Maybe they were just trolling for bragger suspects?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

So...how 'bout this, Anon? Anonymous Leaked A Massive List Of Passwords And Credit Card Numbers

I personally would be more concerned with how poorly your data is being secured by companies you trust?

I won't condemn or condone these actions, but if you asked someone to look after your personal effects, and they just left them out unsecured for anyone who cares to look, who is really at fault?

Anonymous are not the worst that's out there, those who would steal and use your data are very rarely the ones that tell you about it....

ASN

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I give you my up most assurance that it was not Anonymous affecting this site.

There will be a thread shortly regarding GOP and Lizard Squad, whose activities are fairly linked as far as can be seen.

I have been wanting to do this much sooner although, as well as being very busy, I am glad I waited as more information has come to light.

Thank you for your patience

ASN

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I will be interested and look forward to reading upcoming views from “inside” the Hive.

If I may be so bold I wish to take this opportunity, via your introduction, to express my opinion regarding “Anonymous” as it relates to their cause.

As best I can understand some “Hacktivists” attempt to shed light on certain corporations who have not taken seriously to protect their customers passwords, charge card information etc.. These corporations either do not care their customers information is not protected; or do not wish to spend the money to install the best security available; or do not know their security systems are not adequate. These “Hacktivists” do indeed bring a positive aspect with the goal of embarrassing these corporations into hopefully improve the corporation’s security systems.

However, I fail to see what positive goal some of these “Hacktivists” hope to achieve when they retrieve customer information from these corporations and openly post said information for the criminal element to take criminal activity against customers.

Yes there are advantages to having a decentralized Hive. There are disadvantages as well. One of the disadvantages is to properly police certain “Hacktivists” who cause destruction to customers. I think it would behoove this loosely “Anonymous” Hive to morph into a unit where certain guidelines are adhered too along with disciplinary actions take place.

If I have not understood clearly “Anonymous’s” goals; I ask for clarification.

a reply to: AnonSocialNetwork

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join