It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Greetings from ASN (AnonSocialNetwork)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 09:41 AM
a reply to: AnonSocialNetwork

I have a few questions for you.

Does /i/ - Insurgency still exist?

Was the KKK/Darren Wilson connection just "teh epiz trole foar teh corrupted lols"?

Do you still communicate via the Rizon IRC, or has the core group migrated to another network?

Is PartyVan Radio still a thing?

Will senpai ever notice me?

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 09:54 AM
a reply to: rigel4

I'm one of the ones you have been warned about.. proof is needed to
wet my whistle..
So can we have a notification of a web site one hour before it goes down!

You can if you wish but that is not why we are here. Doing that would amount to pointless one-line posts pertaining to various sites around the globe, and that would be less than informative unless the target was high profile; in which case we would post such information

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 10:48 AM

You can if you wish but that is not why we are here.

check your inbox.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:55 AM

Hopefully your activities here are beneficial for all of humanity, if not, well I guess you can't hold someone responsible if you can't identify them.

My question for Anon;

It is odd for me that the ANON logo and the UN logo are very, very similar.

Why choose this logo?
We both know Symbolism is important in this day and age, especially in media.
Anon Logo
UN Logo

How can anyone be sure the idea Anonymous will be used for the greater good of humanity, and isn't just another program tied in with the CIA, any any other number of alphabet agencies with 'secret' agendas.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:58 AM
a reply to: caskatoon

The logo was chosen specifically because Anonymous is a kind of Democracy, like the UN. At the same time, it's also a kind of satire on the absurdity of the "Democracy" of the UN.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 02:48 PM

originally posted by: deadruby2006
Hey NSA, Welcome to ATS.

LMAO, cool post, and no disrespect to Anon.

Rebel 5

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 02:52 PM

originally posted by: and14263
I like Anonymous. A friend of mine was at Occupy London for some time. However, the Guy Fawkes mask thing...

I don't think Guy Fawkes was anti establishment / anti authoritarian was he? He was Catholic and wanted a Catholic leader hence wanting to kill King James (Protestant?).

I understand the symbol was used in V for Vendetta as an anti establishment / anti authoritarian symbol too.

I'm probably way out on my facts here just putting it out there.

Guy fakes was a mercenary, the only horse he had in the race was his pay cheque.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 04:36 PM
Real-life disease cured with the aid of online gamers

Two teams of online gamers solved a problem that baffled many scientist around the world through a game called “Foldit“.

By playing the game, those two teams were able to map out an HIV-related protein whose shape the scientist find it hard to determine for a long time now, and it took them only three weeks.

“Surprisingly, it seems that teams of human beings motivated by curiosity and competition might do this better than the most sophisticated computers,” said a report on Popular Mechanics.

The report acknowledged that protein folding is one of the most difficult computational problems in biology. “A protein’s function partially depends on how its long chains of chemical building blocks fold into a compact and chemically stable shape. And determining that shape can lead to new treatments for diseases such as cancer, AIDS, and Alzheimer’s,” the report added.

Players in the game can wiggle, shake, and pull digital models of proteins into new shapes. They get higher scores if the shapes are more compact.

The moves in the game include:

Rebuild, tests alternative shapes for tough protein segments
Wiggle, settles a chain to compact it
Shake, shakes up the protein’s side chains
Rubber Band, creates a link between two sections
Freeze, immobilizes part of a protein.
Tweak, rotates a component
Multiplayer games plus biomedical science in Foldit, an online game that helps reveal the secrets to life’s most puzzling health problems.

This is the game and research I was referring to

Any projects like this lined up?

site for fold it?
edit on Mon, 24 Nov 2014 16:38:53 -060038p2014-11-24T16:38:53-06:0020141130Mon, 24 Nov 2014 16:38:53 -06002014Monday by ripcontrol because: details

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 04:37 PM

just curious why you havent addressed my question on the last page

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:55 PM

originally posted by: WilsonWilson

Guy fakes was a mercenary, the only horse he had in the race was his pay cheque.

Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,

The hour when earth's foundations fled,

Followed their mercenary calling,

And took their wages, and are dead.

Their shoulders held the sky suspended;

They stood, and earth's foundations stay;

What God abandoned, these defended,

And saved the sum of things for pay.

- - - - - A.E. Housman

Vive le mercenaire!

edit on 2014/11/24 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:00 PM
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Interesting perspective. Thank you for your input.

It'd be great to know the idea behind the logo. As we all know the idea behind the mask, and who doesn't love a great story?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 01:52 AM
any comments on this type of action ..??

Masked and Armed Anon Protesters

Is this actual anon members?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 07:38 AM

Ok. Thanks for the reply.

I didn't see much News coverage of the event!

Although, you say you aren't Marching to take-over 'Parliament' as you are not a 'Terrorist' Group.... I was kinda waiting to see it happen... just for the 'Entertainment' value.

I live in London you see and know from my time here the lack of knowledge these 'Politicians' actually have of 'Life on the Outside'. Most live with their heads up their butts and can't see the wood for the Trees!

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 01:28 PM
a reply to: Komodo

Yes, this was for OpJohnCrawdford, but it does already state that in the article.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 02:01 PM
Welcome to ATS! I hope to see more of you here and look forward to reading the questions and answers and perhaps getting some insight into what's *really* going on in our world. Thank you for signing on!!

May the wind be ever at your back........

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 03:44 PM
Haven't been on ats in a while and I am glad to see everyone being accepting of the collective mind. Back in my day one got boo'ed out of a thread for even saying the word Anon.

What a long way we have come.

And welcome brother/sister

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 03:47 PM
a reply to: Agent008

There are multitudes of Anon on ATS. Many of them simply choose not to make their affiliation known.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 05:15 PM
I'm curious about what sort of self-policing the Anon network takes?

In fighting tyrants you can become one yourself, what measures have been taken to avoid this? No organization is incorruptible, do you take measures to ensure that nobody can use the resources of the collective for their own nefarious purposes? Do you have a charter of what you feel people's rights are (as in, what rights you are prepared to take away via your actions, IE privacy) and do you feel the general public have a right to decide what rights of theirs you feel entitled to take away in your operations?

For the most part I agree with what I've seen anon doing, but I'm weary (I think justifiably so) about an organization which claims to wield great power, but with no known checks and balances. How do you stop yourself from becoming the very thing you rally against? Is that a major topic of consideration within the organization? If not, I really think it should be.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 05:37 PM
a reply to: James1982

I believe I can answer this one. Anon has no "real" checks and balances systems in place. And speaking to corruption, Anonymous was corrupt from the very beginning. They are the epitome of chaos. You hear about the good things they do, but there are also a lot of bad things they do.

In realizing this inherent corruption in Anonymous, they have embraced it. Like much of society, Anonymous has members with good intentions, and nefarious ones. Anonymous is very much a mirror of our system, but in complete anarchy. Somehow, though, it seems to work.

To answer your question as to removing "troublesome" members, it does happen. And I will tell you how. When a member of Anonymous oversteps their bounds, or riles up the other members, or sometimes for no damn reason at all, they will target this person and "dox" them. Doxxing someone means obtaining documents on them, exposing their real life identities and posting information to the collective such as address, phone numbers, email addresses, places of employment, etc.

Thus, they are no longer Anonymous. literally and figuratively within the group. One of the few taboos in the collective is to never reveal your identity. (Special circumstances, such as in-person meetings and whatnot, do remove some of that stigma, but you are still not permitted to share personal details like name, address, etc. You only know faces.)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 07:43 PM
Welcome ! I have followed anon for a while and I am glad to see you guys on here, looking forward to reading your posts as it is difficult to get information on anon in the main stream. Thanks for sharing

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>