It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama is announcing immigration reform ....

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: mthgs602
a reply to: xuenchen

So just so that we are clear, you would rather have illegal immigrants running around not paying taxes, undocumented, and roaming about the country free to do what they will?

Frankly, I think it's a great idea to make them feel at home, invite them to get registered, and start making tax money off of them.

This country was built on immigrants, lets not forget that.

Everyone around here is so *BLAM*ing entitled.

Well the Reagan admin tried it and we see now we are still in the same place. Amnesty encourages others to cross the border illegally, and so all it does is fan the flames of the fire. Plus it puts people who came and lived here illegally for many years in line before people who have applied legally. It is really a slap in the face to people who had to wait and who did everything the legal way. When you become naturalized you have to show that you do not break the laws, and what's the first thing illegals did? They broke the law, and then to be rewarded? That is nuts. This Prez thinks he is some kind of King who gets to make up the rules as he goes along.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

just need our chicken crap Army Generals to stand up and do their dam job.

oops he just fired all the ones who would or might stand up against him. Guess he saw that coming...

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

So just so that we are clear, you would rather have illegal immigrants running around not paying taxes, undocumented, and roaming about the country free to do what they will?

Frankly, I think it's a great idea to make them feel at home, invite them to get registered, and start making tax money off of them.

This country was built on immigrants, lets not forget that.

Everyone around here is so *BLAM*ing entitled.

The one's here now are already complaining and afraid to come forth in case the rules are changes, so we'll still have illegals running around.

We KNOW the Country was built on immigrants. We are NOT talking about immigrants! We are talking about ILLEGAl immigrants who have been catered to above all others and rewarded for not respecting our laws and language. HUGE difference.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.
Here is my plan. First you secure the border so that not even a gnat can cross into the country. Then you take and deport all those who broke the law by coming in illegally. That way they cant get back in.

And how precisely do you secure the border? It's an idea that sounds great in theory but rather poor in practice. Keep in mind that we're currently letting the cartels smuggle in people/drugs in exchange for keeping the real criminals from crossing over. A fence means that groups like the Zeta's and ISIS will be working together to get over, and combined they have very deep pockets.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Right, but you're spreading the word about the issue as though what he is doing is an atrocity.

Which, it's not. This is nothing new to the United States of America

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Right, but you're spreading the word about the issue as though what he is doing is an atrocity.

Which, it's not. This is nothing new to the United States of America

Not really.

Just bashing Obama.

I know he just can't help himself.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

We KNOW the Country was built on immigrants. We are NOT talking about immigrants! We are talking about ILLEGAl immigrants

Just because reality matters..
No, Your Ancestors Didn’t Come Here Legally
talkingpointsmemo.com...

edit on 22-11-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I don't see the problem with making illegals, legal. They are already here and paying taxes. I have worked construction/roofing and illegals are working for good reputable companies. Taxes are taking out of their pay check just like everybody else. Some with fake papers or no papers. These people are doing jobs us lazy Americans won't do. Plus Mexicans are the nicest people. Most of them anyway. You can make a decent living doing commercial roofing most I worked with were illegals this summer. They hire a white guy and they last maybe week. (Im white) I also work for a four tune 500 company in shipping been there many years and none of these young kids last. They quit. Plus they come to.America because of the drug cartels that are too dangerous for their families. America created these powerful cartels by buying all their drugs. The cartels destroyed Mexico the ones we created. So the people come here.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

The Rule of Law only works when the laws are just and worthy of being followed.

So what you are saying is you don't like the immigration laws in place so it's ok just to run over them and back up and run over them again like POTUS is doing?
Well ok then.....let's see what happens when you go to Mexico and try that.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Well for one thing, the new crop of Senators haven't started yet.... so until January the Senate is still controlled by Democrats. The House, well they know that the senate won't pass a bill the Democrats don't like so what's the use? But hey, let's see what they do in the new year.
But I think what the Prez means is if they pass their own amnesty bill then he's ok with that. You know he would veto anything else.

edit on 22-11-2014 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: jhiatt86

I don't see the problem with making illegals, legal. They are already here and paying taxes. I have worked construction/roofing and illegals are working for good reputable companies. Taxes are taking out of their pay check just like everybody else. Some with fake papers or no papers. These people are doing jobs us lazy Americans won't do.

I am so sick of hearing about the 'perfect' illegals who work so hard while citizens are all lazy. I have worked beside many illegals throughout the years and they are like anyone else. Some are hard workers and some are lazy! Construction and roofing were jobs our citizens held for years. For every single illegal working those jobs, there is interested citizen wanting and deserving that damned job!

Plus they come to. America because of the drug cartels that are too dangerous for their families. America created these powerful cartels by buying all their drugs. The cartels destroyed Mexico the ones we created. So the people come here.

We have children who can't even play in their own backyards because they are in such dangerous neighborhoods. We also have drug cartels all across the USA. They are too poor to move to a safer place!

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

We have children who can't even play in their own backyards because they are in such dangerous neighborhoods. We also have drug cartels all across the USA. They are too poor to move to a safer place!

And how does giving the more people the right to work affect those kids?
It puts more money into the tax system which means more money into the social programs that can help those very kids.

If you come at with me with "they are taking the parents jobs" then all I will have to say is that you are mad at the companies hiring the cheaper labor so they can make more money.
Why is that the fault of the person taking the job trying to provide for their family?

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Why is that the fault of the person taking the job trying to provide for their family?

Personal responsibility. They know they are taking a job at a citizens expense, a citizen who is struggling to feed his own family.

Who comes first, your family or theirs?

I have always blamed the companies that hire illegals.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Does this count as the largest presidential pardon even given?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

a reply to: Sremmos80

Personal responsibility. They know they are taking a job at a citizens expense, a citizen who is struggling to feed his own family.

Who comes first, your family or theirs?

I have always blamed the companies that hire illegals.

If you have ever taken a job that another person was going for you are doing the same thing as the illegals. To them their family comes first, just like to you your family comes first. Why should they prioritize your family?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Why? Because I live here and didn't come illegally from another Country. There's a huge difference. No one should suffer no matter where they are from, but we can't possibly take in the world's poor. We don't have enough jobs for people as it is.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Why? Because I live here and didn't come illegally from another Country. There's a huge difference. No one should suffer no matter where they are from, but we can't possibly take in the world's poor. We don't have enough jobs for people as it is.

If you believe that a person can become rich through hard work, then taking in the poor means taking in the future rich who will one day be job creators. Besides, regardless of if we're willing to take them in or not they're here and we quite simply don't have the resources to deport them which leaves us with two options. We either make them a lower class citizen or we make them a regular citizen. It's in everyones best interest if they're an actual legal citizen given the options.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

If you believe that a person can become rich through hard work, then taking in the poor means taking in the future rich who will one day be job creators. Besides, regardless of if we're willing to take them in or not they're here and we quite simply don't have the resources to deport them which leaves us with two options. We either make them a lower class citizen or we make them a regular citizen. It's in everyones best interest if they're an actual legal citizen given the options.

We had millions of illegals come and we had an amnesty. Millions more came and we had another amnesty. Millions more came and...

Where are all the job creators from all those years if we have millions of unemployed people and not enough jobs?

Also, many come right out and tell you that they have no desire whatsoever of becoming legal. They save their money so that they can return well off in their own Country.

If we stopped hiring illegals and stopped any benefits, they would have no choice but to return home. They could self deport. We have resources for everything else even though we are trillions in debt. We had resources to pay millions in free schooling for their children, process and make citizens out of millions of illegals through past amnesties etc. yet people say we have no resources to deport them. Why would they stay if they had no incentives?

I am disabled and no longer have to worry about jobs, but I have seen so many people struggle or are living in fear as companies lay off more and more people. When ICE did raids on companies and deported illegals, jobs filled up quickly and easily with citizens.

It is a slap in the face for a citizen to see an illegal matter more than himself in his own Country. Don't you think?

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

We had millions of illegals come and we had an amnesty. Millions more came and we had another amnesty. Millions more came and...

Where are all the job creators from all those years if we have millions of unemployed people and not enough jobs?

Also, many come right out and tell you that they have no desire whatsoever of becoming legal. They save their money so that they can return well off in their own Country.

Well, the job creators created the jobs they just put them in India and China. Is it so bad to have someone work here and save their money so that they can retire well off somewhere else? A lot of people in the US do that for their retirement plan.

If we stopped hiring illegals and stopped any benefits, they would have no choice but to return home. They could self deport. We have resources for everything else even though we are trillions in debt. We had resources to pay millions in free schooling for their children, process and make citizens out of millions of illegals through past amnesties etc. yet people say we have no resources to deport them. Why would they stay if they had no incentives?

It's not quite that simple. Welfare benefits, especially food stamps dramatically reduce crime. If we cut off their food support we're going to turn a bunch of docile illegals into criminals as they do whatever they need to, to survive. As long as they remain as they are now, we simply don't have the resources to hunt them down and deport them. We can fine employers all we want but that doesn't solve the problem either. If they can't get a job they're going to turn to crime. Keeping illegals out needs to be done almost entirely at the border so that we don't get into that situation in the first place. Besides that amnesty or not really makes no difference if more come later.

I am disabled and no longer have to worry about jobs, but I have seen so many people struggle or are living in fear as companies lay off more and more people. When ICE did raids on companies and deported illegals, jobs filled up quickly and easily with citizens.

That's true of certain jobs, but what we need most in this country are skilled labor positions and those aren't being taken by illegals. Companies just aren't offering them anymore. If people had jobs that were real career positions the question of illegals wouldn't even be a problem.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Is it so bad to have someone work here and save their money so that they can retire well off somewhere else? A lot of people in the US do that for their retirement plan.

At the expense of a citizen? Yes it's bad. They are citizens of another Country taking a job that a citizen desperately needs to care for his family. Pro illegals will defend illegals at every turn while never acknowledging the fact that citizens are suffering because of them. It's like they don't exist, they don't matter. I have seen with my own eyes American citizens turned away while an illegal was hired instead, not because they were more capable but because the company could easily screw them over.

I always say that I don't wish for anyone to suffer in any way no matter who they are or where they are from. I believe that Countries should look after their own and then if they can help others. But to take away from a citizen and give it to a foreigner who just waltzed over the border or over stayed a visa isn't right. It isn't right for the citizen. It isn't right for the millions trying to come here through the proper channels. You can't just place these people above all others

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join