It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama is announcing immigration reform ....

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: Indigo5

You use the date 1990, but the line in the graph really looks vertical after 2008.... nearly 20 years later. One could argue that the execution of the law has been mishandled in the last 5 or 6 years.

Yes...One could argue that...if one pretended not to be able to read a graph or do math and concluded 2005 was 2009...

The massive increase in funding to border security has been driven successfully by the right in both dollars and legislation...perhaps you can tell me where the local border agents and governments in TX, AZ, NM have misspent those funds directed to them by the GOP?

Don't have much tolerance today for BS.
edit on 22-11-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-11-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

(post by butcherguy removed for a manners violation)
(post by butcherguy removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I understand.
You are probably busy defending Hillary Clinton's racist tweet.

Baiting?...Nothing to do with the OP or topic? ...hopeful derail?

A post entirely bankrupt of substance, but no doubt reflective of your position.

(post by butcherguy removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

It seems like where stuff really broke in terms of deportations was 2001. Could it have had anything to do with post 9/11 legislation?
edit on 22-11-2014 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I think this went over well.....

According to Weasel Zippers, Obama said in a speech at Del Sol High School, which is posted on the White House website,

America is not a nation that accepts the hypocrisy of workers who mow our lawns, make our beds, clean out bedpans, with no chance ever to get right with the law.

Obama’s condescending stereotype of Mexicans: “They mow our lawns, make our beds, clean out bedpans”

Did he really say that?

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Slicker than a slip n slide.

I just watched his defense of his position a few minutes ago. He puts the polish on a silver tongue.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

So you want to deal with people as if they were ants?

It's actually a pretty good analogy because there is a steady stream of people coming over the border finding any porous entryway, and where is the sugar? It's inside our house, the country, where people are willing to hire illegals and pay them under the table to get cheap labor and where the politicians are laying traps to get them to become a voting demographic.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
I think this went over well.....

According to Weasel Zippers, Obama said in a speech at Del Sol High School, which is posted on the White House website,

America is not a nation that accepts the hypocrisy of workers who mow our lawns, make our beds, clean out bedpans, with no chance ever to get right with the law.

Obama’s condescending stereotype of Mexicans: “They mow our lawns, make our beds, clean out bedpans”

Did he really say that?

Where do you think illegals work? The companies hiring them use them in positions where they are easily replaceable. The illegals may be gone due to deportation at any time. The only real exception to that is construction where legal contractors may have a permanent crew of illegals who avoid detection by the very mobile nature of construction contracting.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Clean our bedpans...is this the Prez' admittance that illegals are healthcare workers inside established hospitals? Are they hired as nurses and nurse assistants? If so where did they get the education and the certifications to do these jobs?

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

Clean our bedpans...is this the Prez' admittance that illegals are healthcare workers inside established hospitals? Are they hired as nurses and nurse assistants? If so where did they get the education and the certifications to do these jobs?

I think Obama may have tilted his hand with some comments.

He forgets sometimes and gets rambunctious.

He forgets that shadows can be seen when the lights are on.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

What hypocrisy ?

I don't have anyone mowing my laws, making my beds, and cleaning out bedpans, unlike Obama being waited on hand and foot in the White House.

Of course he isn't talking about THAT hypocrisy.

And we all know not too many illegals work at the White House.

Just one that I know of

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

He could have been referring to whomever was cleaning the bedpan of his poor granny. Perhaps a private hiring of illegals to do this job?

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

He's only talking about a handful of states at most.

California, Texas, New Mexico for example.

The rest of fly over country pretty much takes care of their own business.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

And we all know not too many illegals work at the White House.

Well I can think of at least one name.

but then again, it's not about "being" illegal, it's more about "doing" illegal.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Were thinking of the same name, and your topic is yet another example of why I chose my signature.

The Panderer in Chief can't get any more UNAMERICAN.

Putting one ethnic group above EVERYONE here, and those who want a shot at the American 'dream'.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Here is my plan. First you secure the border so that not even a gnat can cross into the country. Then you take and deport all those who broke the law by coming in illegally. That way they cant get back in.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

So just so that we are clear, you would rather have illegal immigrants running around not paying taxes, undocumented, and roaming about the country free to do what they will?

Frankly, I think it's a great idea to make them feel at home, invite them to get registered, and start making tax money off of them.

This country was built on immigrants, lets not forget that.

Everyone around here is so *BLAM*ing entitled.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: mthgs602

I guess we aren't clear.

Obama is talking about illegal immigrants. Not me.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join