It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why isn't Satan admired more?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Logarock

I'm pretty sure that statement means that they are the oldest known and still practiced religions.

That is exactly what the quote actually means. There has never been any implication that there have not been some form of religions going be to the paleolithic. Just look at the Venus statuettes from the upper Paleolithic and Neolithic periods.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Female worship/goddess/gaya/mother earth is practiced, just quietly

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock
All of this can be easily shot full of holes. One stament that stands out "Zoroastrianism and Hinduism are the oldest religions in the world". This is simply not true. It cant be shown. Its a ridicules statement.

Exactly.

I for one would love to know why so many here believe that Wikipedia is a credible source when in fact all of the evidence says otherwise.

Originally posted by aBlueRAY
From a psychoanalytical point of view, I have to assume deep in your heart you know wikipedia would be the number one piece of propaganda available online for the masses.

‘Hinduism’ is a manufactured "religion" created in 1830.

Over the last three years, I have visited several libraries, and diligently studied Hindu theology, scriptures, and books. I spent countless hours pouring over thick works through the night, often hidden in obscure corners of dusty shelves in old libraries, covered in spider webs.

In short, I discovered that Hinduism was an English invention that bracketed several distinct, mutually hostile religions into one umbrella. `Hinduism' or `Sanatana Dharma' did not exist before the English, but was created by them in order to reward the Brahmins for loyal services during Anglo-Brahmin rule

Myth of One Hindu Religion Exploded

Hinduism is fiction created by the British. Hinduism is not a single religion. It consists of "thousands of different religious groups that have evolved in India since 1500 BCE." The correct name for what is commonly called "Hinduism" is "Sanatana Dharma" "Sanathana Dharma" was also a 19nth century invention. forums.catholic.com...

Hinduism did not exist before 1830. It was created by the English colonialists in the 1830s. This remarkable circumstance is evidenced by the fact that none of the travelers who visited India before English rule used the word `Hindu' or `Sanatana'. This is amply borne out by the Encyclopedia Britannica, which states :

" The term Hinduism ... [ was ] introduced in about 1830 by British writers. "-- [ EB 20 `Hinduism ' 519 ]

In other words, the founding father of `Hinduism' is an Englishman ! Nowhere in the Vedas, Puranas or any other religious text prior to 1830 AD are the terms `Hindu'...The Myth of Hinduism

"it has been shown that the definition of Hinduism is so vague that the whole world fits into the definition of Hindu. Hence, the concept of Hinduism is equivalent to `mankind', and is devoid of any sense."

Myth of One Hindu Religion Exploded

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

probably because its you saying all the evidence says otherwise. you dont have a track record of being the most credible source yourself...

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
The word 'curry' was also introduced by the English but it was just a term for the sauces that already existed.

I do think that the English have gone around the globe splitting one into two so they can have more conflict in the world - so they can come in and 'peace keep'!
Divide and conquer.

edit on 21-11-2014 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
It can be argued successfully that it was Archangel Lucifer that set humanity free after his successful secession from Yaweh's Kingdom, and Moses, Jesus, and Mohamed have been Yaweh's attempts to bring humanity back under his influence and control.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is a thread here that discusses the millions of people that Yaweh has killed in the bible alone, and the -ten- people that Archangel Lucifer was allowed to release from the grasp of the zealot Job.

If the ultimate being of goodness and light is a mass murderer and the very symbol of all that is evil has but 10 deaths on his hands... you really have to question the objectivity of the authors of the book and of their congregations.

Hail Archangel Lucifer, deliver us from oppression.
edit on 21-11-2014 by AgentShillington because: lol jk, it's all silliness.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I've read this before.

The word invention is irrelevant. The TRADITION of the religion is ANCIENT. Just as Christianity of today is different to the Xian traditions of sects up to 5†h century, or the latin speaking masses that no one understood of the middle ages , to the reformations and now new versions of it. They have common traditions and a common name (whoopie Doo) but a baptist is different to lutheran who is different to a Greek orthodox etc....

The name stayed the same but the offshoots and practices of it are varying indeed. It evolves.

So in a strict sense there was no 'Hinduism' before modern times, the sources and traditions of Hindu traditions are very ancient, The historical dating is difficult to pin down as Hindus tended to be more concerned with the substance of a story or text rather than its date. Hindu notions of time is eternal rather than linear.

The traditions were not invented by an englishman. The substance of the story were not invented by the English. The spirituality was not invented by the Englishman.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: AgentShillington
The 'individual' must die, be lifted away, raptured to be one with God.
This does not mean life will end - there is only life but there is the illusion of a separate 'me' - the separate, divided self is found to be an illusion.
God destroys all things because really there is just God.

The separate 'me' is what I would consider 'Satan'. 'Me' is in time, in a story in thought - Satan is cast out of presence - he only appears in past and future stories which happen in thought.
Nothing can ever appear outside Gods presence - God is aware of the present appearance. The present may appear as a thought about the past - the person in that movie does not exist but there is a belief in them (Satan).

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

You will be assimilated, resistance is futile...beep boop beep boop blip.

that's what i got from your post. there is no difference between yahuwah and the aliens from the host by stephanie meyer. or better yet how about the yeerks from animorphs...

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Yeah I figured it was a quote mine she was attempting there. It was early in the morning so I didn't check.
edit on 21-11-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Well, that's like... your opinion, man.

Doesn't say any of that in the book.
edit on 21-11-2014 by AgentShillington because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
All of the cruel gods of the past were satan or one of his followers in disguise. Since he has pretty much been in control of the earth for a long time now he has made sure that all religions (especially the Abrahamic ones) point to him. Every thing good has been stolen and twisted to suit the evil one. Sad but true.

Zues = satan

Jehova/yahway = satan

Jesus = isis = satan

and so on.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AgentShillington

Doesn't say any of that in the book.

It depends on how the book is read?
One must be able to see what the words are written on.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: johnnyBgood

Hey, that's not nice and not true.
Isis, is Ishtar and she wanted the people of earth to dance freely, she killed her own mother to prevent her from holding them "functioning and quiet", well needed help for that, but still, not true.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
One must be able to see what the words are written on.

The backs of the oppressed?

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Rex282

I gave you a star because I had never thought of it like that. I will take this into consideration.

It's about time I finally received a star!!!.The last time was in 4th grade for spelling "potatoe" correctly..however that's open to debate.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Well I respect well reasoned opinions even if I don't agree with them 100%. It's the ones founded on confirmation bias that I disprove of.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I had to read it three times. I see the word carnal and my inner childish catholic school girl blushes and giggles, took a few reads to suppress her.

Interesting way of thinking if you believe there is another state for your energy/soul/spirit after the body dies and decomposes.

It's in the ATS guidelines:

Thou shalt not think of meat whilst reading a thread.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

I'm not sure why people don't love Satan.

The Bible says:

"But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also." - Matthew 5:39

And Jesus said to Love your enemies.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
idk how derailed this thread got, i didnt read all the previous crap. so Im just gonna go ahead and take my dump here

why satan isnt admired is because people are lazy and scared.

Satan is known as the force that tests us, the types of moral tests that the average human fails at.

Its like school and nobody likes school teachers nor do they like the tests they give except for that one nerd. aka the ILLUMINATI (STUPID LAUGHING FACE INSERTED HERE)

GOD is like summer vacation/Heaven. If you did good in school and passed your tests you get into summer heaven vacation.
AND EVERY ONE LIKES SUMMER HEAVEN VACATION ALMOST AS MUCH AS THEY HATE SCHOOL
edit on 21-11-2014 by dizTheWiz because: stupid

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join