It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Omnivore rage!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by instar
Spittingcobra points out that "canines" are for tearing meat. But we dont tear our meat anyway, we wack in on the barbque and cook it till its soft and tender, so we dont need to "tear" it.
I have yet to meet anyone who eats raw meat and tears at it like a carnivore.

[edit on 13-12-2004 by instar]

Just because you dont use the your teeth for what they are intended for, it doesnt mean thats not what the are for. We are ominvores, we can make a choice on what we like or want. We have the tools for what evey you want.

So you know, alot of people do eat some meats almost raw. Got steak?

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I wont buy into it Spittingcobra. we agree to disagree about teeth ok.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   
It's cool instar. Thanks for the apology, but it was really unnecessary. I've come to expect heated discussions on occasions and you just stepped in between one - that wasn't going anywhere. Had we taken it too far I'm sure a mod would have stepped in and slapped us. Our ability to keep the communication going even though we didn't always agree is what its all about.

IBM

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
Where do you guys get your info from?

If we didn't eat meat our brains would have not have evovled?
That's a new one

How about doing some research before ya'll try to spread your wisdom on a forum?

And Samhain if you had read any of that link I provided you would know the answer.

This is from Scientific American:

Comparative studies of living animals support that assertion. Across all primates, species with bigger brains dine on richer foods, and humans are the extreme example of this correlation, boasting the largest relative brain size and the choicest diet [see "Diet and Primate Evolution," by Katharine Milton; Scientific American, August 1993]. According to recent analyses by Loren Cordain of Colorado State University, contemporary hunter-gatherers derive, on average, 40 to 60 percent of their dietary energy from animal foods (meat, milk and other products). Modern chimps, in comparison, obtain only 5 to 7 percent of their calories from these comestibles. Animal foods are far denser in calories and nutrients than most plant foods. For example, 3.5 ounces of meat provides upward of 200 kilocalories. But the same amount of fruit provides only 50 to 100 kilocalories. And a comparable serving of foliage yields just 10 to 20 kilocalories. It stands to reason, then, that for early Homo, acquiring more gray matter meant seeking out more of the energy-dense fare.

www.sciam.com...

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join