It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Omnivore rage!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
The omnivore rage continues. Where will it all end.

Man Allegedly Assaults Clerk With Burger

story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/20041208/ap_on_fe_st/hamburger_assault&e=5

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris
must be the meat that makes them so aggressive.

So, tells us Mynaeris what makes you so aggressive against people just because they choose to eat meat? Too many Jalapenos stuck in your sphincter or did the Korean immigrants down the street boil your dog for dinner? You're taking crimes and blaming them on meat consumption without any sound evidence to prove you claims just so you can whine about people who are not like you.

"Assault With A Pork Chop"
www.thesmokinggun.com...

Now, if anything that's almost a funny story, but it has nothing to do with the consumption of meat, only a meat byproduct was used as a weapon - I'm sure more people get strangled with ropes made from plants. For all we know the guy who did the stabbing is a vegan who got a pork chop bone from the trashcan. Did you know they make weapons out of anything available in prisons? Many prisons only let inmates have 1-inch long pencils, so they don't stab people with them. You got to hand it to the guy - he's pretty resourceful. I wonder if the terrorist will start using knives made out of vegetarians bones, so they can get them through the metal detectors?

If anything this is a story caused by plant consumption & not animal consumption, because it's about a plant distributor gone mad "Hernandez-Rosales, who is already serving an eight-year sentence for marijuana distribution" and a plant addict (crack smoker) "Portillo, is doing a 20-year stretch for armed robbery".

My interpretation is no more far-fetched than yours. This is sure a roundabout way to have a vegetarian/seedeater vs. omnivore/meat eater discussion. You sound like a liberal who says one thing up front while they try to slide their real agenda in through the back door.

Life is life and the fact is we have to consume other life forms in order to live. Just because plants are an alien life form compared to us doesn't mean they don't feel pain when we cut them, kill them, boil them, burn them and (the best part) eat them. How many species of plants have die, just to make growing room for the ones you like to eat, and then you kill them too.

I'm not an expert on how life forms we consume affect us, but it doesn't take an expert to know that meat consumption makes people bigger, faster & stronger. More aggressive you say, maybe aggressive enough for our species to have survived. One thing I'm sure of is you won't find many people raised vegan playing in the NFL.

Will you be the evolution of our species or the devolution of our species - only time will tell. One thing I think is for sure - we would not have made it to this point without the consumption of animals. Whether or not we need to continue that practice is where the argument begins.

It's much easier to be a vegetarian today, because of modern technology & the fact that products are shipped in to the stores from all around the planet. You have lots of variety that you could not have had in the past. You can grow almost anything in climate-controlled greenhouses these day’s year round. Because of this I think is possible I could become a vegetarian if I learned how to make enough different things to satisfy my taste buds.

I was raised eating lots of meat & it's easy to make, most of all it's what I know. I've had some outstanding meals that did not involve meat, but I think it takes allot more effort & time to make a good vegetarian meal than a meat based meal. I can cook a steak, be eating in ten minutes with very little effort and the texture & taste is great . To make vegetables taste good you have to pay much more attention and fiddle with them allot more.

As you see I have nothing against vegetarians, what I don't like is being forced to do something. Now that it's easier to have the choice, let people make the choice for themselves. Open a good vegetarian restaurant, post lots of recipes and make a good vegetarian meal for your meat eating friends and you'll make more conversions than you will by bitching, whining, or screaming about eating animals or acting like your above everyone else because you don't. Nobody likes a seed eating NAZI, so don't be one.

Species Brain Weight
(approx.)
grams

African elephant 7,500

So the African elephant is considerably more evolved than the human? Its brain is approximately 6 times the size of a humans?

"Elephants are herbivores (plant eaters), but they cannot digest cellulose, the substance that makes up much plant matter. They spend about three-quarters of their time, day and night, selecting, picking, preparing and eating food.

So I guess you could build quite a large brain by being herbivorous?

Elephants are actually very intelligent. In order to survive they have to spend 18 hours a day eating. Maybe if they'd had more time to do something besides eat they would have evolved further. I wonder how much more time vegetarians spend eating - they sure don't look like elephants though.

Originally posted by duh squared

It is always better to eat free range/organic meat and dairy, if insistant upon eating meat. You at least aren't contributing to as much mistreatment of both workers and animals, nor are you ingesting all those hormones and steroids and drugs.

my skin cleared up and I was just all around happier and healthier.

Plus animals love me. I guess they can smell that I am gentle and sense that I am peaceful toward them.

Well I agree with your comments about free range & organic products for all food types. Maybe eventually this will become the norm.

I lived out of the states for a while in a place that had very high food standards and I continued to eat the same foods there as I did here. It was amazing how clear & smooth my skin became in just a few months, just because the food didn't have all the additives & hormones that we have in the US & most other places. There's just too much crap fed to both animals & plants we eat. So it's not just quitting meat that helped you clear up your skin - it was quitting the hormones, antibiotics etc.

Animals love me too and many people are surprised the first time I meet them that their pets will come to me that are usually unfriendly to strangers. I don't think it has anything to do with what I consume - it has to do with who & what I am and they can see & sense that.

Originally posted by duh squared

Too bad I am the wussy vegan sort who doesn't enjoy much fighting... Which I guess brings us back to square one...

Well lucky for you - you have us warrior meat eaters available to fight for you - so you can survive.

Seriously though, do you believe in that stereotype "wussy vegan sort"? I think it does have some merit. Do I think we still need physically to be strong to survive in today's society, nope. If we all became vegans would we eventually evolve in to a physically weaker species? Would we stop fighting wars or would we all be killed by a race of meat eating warriors.

[edit on 13-12-2004 by outsider]

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Outsider: It is obvious to me now that not only do omnivores have a great sense of rage, but also they lack a sense of humor. The original posting was done totally tongue in cheek. However I must say your rather heated response does show some anger towards vegetarians, it night be due to the fact that omnivores prey on herbivorous and frutigous animals. Please sir, may I live at least untill 2012 when you and your carnivorous friends will be zipped off to the planet Fiendoid.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Please sir, may I live at least untill 2012 when you and your carnivorous friends will be zipped off to the planet

Ah, so the truth about your character comes out - I saw right through your veil (humble Angel - yeah right). Your comment about wishing me and most of the rest of humanity dead removes the veil completely for the rest to see. God help us if you ever get near a nuclear weapon.

Anyone who wishes mankind dead because they're meat eaters belongs in a mental institution. This is equivalent the mentality of radical Muslims blowing up buses full of chlidren because their non-believers or anti-abortion fanatics bombing abortion clinics.

Now I know why some of you are classified by our government in same book as Bin Laden and his cronies.

BTW - I have no anger against vegetarians - and I may even become one someday. If there is anger it's directed only at people who try to take my food or any of my other choices for that matter. Freedom = choice - that's what I have.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Outsider/spittingcobra,
why such selfdefence and hostility? This thread was humour, no more.
Nobody is telling you your a hideous feind for eating meat, the choice is yours. were just folks on the internet, so why waste anger.
Folk are just pointing out that we are not designed for eating meat despite that fact we do, and that folk can be healthy without it. Just that and no more.
There is no need to be defensive, no body is attacking you, some of us eat meat aswell. Facts are facts, regardless of your personal choice. If you eat meat, good on you, enjoy it, but neither attack those who point out facts about meat in our diet, its not an attack on YOU personally, nor on anyone, just facts.
This interesting link I put in earlier seems to be quite a reasonable and unbiased page dealing with weather we are designed for eating meat.
I eat meat on occasion and I dont feel threatened by what this page presents. I read it with clinical unbiased intrest in anatomy.
please have a look, it makes no difference to you anyway. peace

www.geocities.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by outsider
Your comment about wishing me and most of the rest of humanity dead removes the veil completely for the rest to see. God help us if you ever get near to a nuclear weapon.

Myn near a nuclear weapon? Maybe if it's part of some pinko art exhibit, but to imply our erstwhile (and somewhat misguided
) herbivore would immolate the local steakhouse is absurd... Now stuff a Tofurkey breast up your tailpipe... that's a distinct possibility.

All hail HAM... The bacon of Canadia!

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Im not hostile, I could care less. OR k-9 teeth are to tear meat, thats all.

its intresting that we remove our wisdom teeth, the grinding teeth, and some of us dont even have a place for them.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Instar: That is very interesting website. I particularly liked the very clear anatomical comparisons at the bottom between carnivores, herbivores, omnivores and humans. I am not sure why omnivore humans feel the need to be so defensive - a vegetarian or vegan simply mentions that they don't eat meat and omnivores will tell you immediately how wrong your diet is or how humans are meant to eat meat, or better still describe how good a bloody rare steak is. NEVER have I heard a vegetarian try and gross out an omnivore by describing a veggie dish they ate the night before. To us its food we eat and it makes us feel good about ourselves and our health. You can eat all the meat you want to - its your choice. You can even choose to have your meat from animals injected with growth hormones - its all choice, but stop attacking me for being vegetarian. I have had the weirdest comments raised at me - I have a vegetarian build? What the hell is that?

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   
A vegetarian build???
I have no idea but I bet its very sexy! (God i hope your woman, LOL)
We are clearly not designed for meat eating. Spittingcobra points out that "canines" are for tearing meat. But we dont tear our meat anyway, we wack in on the barbque and cook it till its soft and tender, so we dont need to "tear" it.
I have yet to meet anyone who eats raw meat and tears at it like a carnivore. Thats would disgust me. Each to their own, but it still disgust me, i cant help that. I dont label or harrass anyone for what they eat, geez theres more important issues!

I thought your assalt stories were funny as hell. I read once about a woman who killed her abusive husband with a frozen leg of lamb! and another who KO'd a burgular with a large sqaush!

[edit on 13-12-2004 by instar]

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by instar
Outsider/spittingcobra,
why such selfdefence and hostility? This thread was humour, no more.

So you didn't get my joke about the jalapenos in the sphincter. Or when I make a joke it's not funny, because I'm not a vegetarian. Maybe I should go back & put a smiley face by ever joke I made in my first response, so you know where they are. I don't think I had too many paragraphs without one.

Nobody is telling you your a hideous feind for eating meat, the choice is yours.

Why the doublespeak instar? Oh, I get it it's my choice to be a hideous fiend by eating meat. If you didn't mean it why did you say it, huh?

were just folks on the internet, so why waste anger.
Folk are just pointing out that we are not designed for eating meat despite that fact we do, and that folk can be healthy without it. Just that and no more.

Oh - this is just the Internet - gee thanks for clueing me in. Yeah, why waste anger when you can put it to good use. So, mankind has been eating meat for thousands of years and suddenly instar and his humble angel of death with the vegan build comes around too tell us were all wrong and we should just jump up for joy that we don't need to kill anymore animals for food. So, what kind of build do your have Instar?
I bet it's the girly man build. j/k

Facts are facts, who point out facts about meat in our diet, its not an attack on YOU personally, nor on anyone, just facts.

Again - your the authority on the facts here and everything mankind has done up until now is wrong as you've pointed out.

I am not sure why omnivore humans feel the need to be so defensive - a vegetarian or vegan simply mentions that they don't eat meat and omnivores will tell you immediately how wrong your diet is or how humans are meant to eat meat, or better still describe how good a bloody rare steak is. NEVER have I heard a vegetarian try and gross out an omnivore by describing a veggie dish they ate the night before. To us its food we eat and it makes us feel good about ourselves and our health. You can eat all the meat you want to - its your choice. You can even choose to have your meat from animals injected with growth hormones - its all choice, but stop attacking me for being vegetarian. I have had the weirdest comments raised at me - I have a vegetarian build? What the hell is that?

You really crack me up Mynaeris "Humble, Angel of Death". You're either a complete airhead or your just about to turn 16. Looks to me like you're the one who's on the defense. You can't stand up to me head to head directly, so you begin your dribble doublespeak about omnivores blah, blah, blah? humans All omnivores don't tell you immediately how wrong your diet is - I didn't, I believe it's your choice. As a matter of fact we don't go around telling people what we eat unless it time to eat. Why must you go around telling people what you eat? Does it somehow make you feel above the rest that you refrain from eating meat? If it's not such a big deal why are you making an attack on meat eaters by starting this thread. It's not our problem that our food grosses you out, it's your problem - either deal with it or stick to your vegan hang outs. Nobody's attacking you for being a vegetarian - Your attacking everyone who's not and naturally your going to get attacked back not because of your vegetarianism but because of your arrogance & attitude towards those who don't agree with you.

You know - I think this thread should be renamed "Vegan Rage doublespeak"

Since, you obviously can't defend yourself - you might as well act like a child & hit the ignore button everytime an omnivore human responds.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   
"So I am living without fats, without meat, without fish, but am feeling quite well this way. It always seems to me that man was not born to be a carnivore."

and

"It is my view that the vegetarian manner of living by its purely physical effect on the human temperament would most beneficially influence the lot of mankind. "

Both are Einstein quotes. I guess there goes the vegetarians have smaller brains theory also?

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Sure eating meat makes you aggressive. Athletes can fail drug/hormone tests after eating male pig. Ever wondered why Asterix and Obelix were so fond of their wild (male) boar?

I like meat but don't eat it, 'coz i know where it's been... EEEWWW!

BTW a tip for Veggies out there try Tempeh. Its indonesian "veggie" meatloaf... well is a load of (soya) beans pressed into a "loaf" the white stuff binding it all together is a mushroom of sorts (like the white stuff around brie cheese), cut it up fry it or whatever.... YUMMM!

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by outsider
Well lucky for you - you have us warrior meat eaters available to fight for you - so you can survive.

Seriously though, do you believe in that stereotype "wussy vegan sort"? I think it does have some merit. Do I think we still need physically to be strong to survive in today's society, nope. If we all became vegans would we eventually evolve in to a physically weaker species? Would we stop fighting wars or would we all be killed by a race of meat eating warriors.

Oh geeez, no I do not seriously believe vegans are wussies. I was kidding! In fact, I think it is a more difficult lifestyle for many, but they choose it out of conviction. I do not find that wussish at all.
I am physically strong for my size. It is genetics, I suppose. I however, am peaceful, and do not fight or conflict without a very good reason. I do think my diet, free of hormones, steroids, chemicles (except for when I consume non organic produce), supports my calm nature. Vegans come in all shapes and sizes and strengths and levels of courage.

Also, I said my skin cleared up when I cut out the dairy/egg ingredients, many years after becoming a ovo/lacto vegetarian. But yes, It is because of the drugs and improper care given to the animals which produce the products, that effect humans. Or at least, that is the main part of it.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
mynaeris, are you
(1) sharing your personal belief,
(2) suggesting that people not eat meat, or
(3) proposing laws that would forbid meat-eatinig?

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Outsider, why do you attack me and twist my words? I made no doublespeak, i was saying your being hostile and defensive for nothing, i.e nobody is calling you a hideious feind or (insert choice insult) for eating meat. The choice is yours. Where did I attack you? Did you read where I said I eat meat? Or where I said i dont harrass anyone for what they eat because theres more inportant issues? If you dont agree with what my link said thats just swell, i merely presented it because someone keeps defensivly saying we have canine teeth so we must be made to eat meat. very simply unbiased anatomical assesment i presented and I did not try to tell anyone not to eat meat. Please do not blindly lash out at me. I made the case both for against in an unbiased manner.
I dont care less if you eat meat, or live on vegetables. I am not your mother. Its not my job to tell you how to live or judge you and dont do either. Im assuming your a grown man, and i spoke to as an equal, i did not patronise or talk down to you. why then attack me?

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   
That's an old French proverb, and though it pains me to quote the French when it comes to military matters, they are correct, and they are equally adept at transforming your basic critter into a soldiers culinary delight, along with the requisite, but subordinate vegetables. No man should go through life, much less into battle on a salad.

Carry on.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Some recipes for you;

www.vrg.org...

www.recipesource.com...

vegweb.com...

Sorry but there's hardly a "salad" between them.
There's a lot more to the veggie/vegan diet than salads.

I'm sure you were just trying to be funny but...

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Why do vegetarians hate eating meat anyway? Its deliciouse! Mmmm Bacon double cheaseburger!

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Thanks for the recipes Anoks - very classy of you.

Instar – I have nothing personal against you. You’re the one who directed dialogue at me by using my name claiming I was the one being hostile.

I don’t recall any complaint from you about the real hostility of this thread from the original poster who claims it was all tongue & cheek. It used humor at the expense of others (meat eaters) many of whom happen to share this site with everyone else. So, I turned the table and made humor at the expense of vegetarians.

Examples of where I used humor in my first post – taken out of context here of course. Too many Jalapenos stuck in your sphincter, did the Korean immigrants down the street boil your dog for dinner. I'm sure more people get strangled with ropes made from plants. I wonder if the terrorist will start using knives made out of vegetarian’s bones to get through the metal detectors. Plant (marijuana) distributor gone mad. Plant addict (crack smoker).

Just for starters I used six instances of humor in my first three paragraphs as a response to the thread starter, but I’m the one without a sense of humor who’s being hostile? Yes, it was humor at the expense of vegetarians, but how is that any different than the humor at the expense of meat eaters?

It’s not – the thread starter just wanted its cake & eat it too. It only wanted to spread its personal agenda and not have any opposition to that agenda. Another words it only wanted like-minded responses. I only suggest that "it puts the lotion on its skin now"

The topic starter responded to my post – claiming to want to watch my death along with the deaths of other meat eaters. That’s where the true hostility began (if not in the original post), but you completely ignored it and went after me instead? You chose to go after the responder of hostility instead of the creator of the original hostility.

When I said you’re using doublespeak it’s because you’re constructing sentences in a way to disguise the meaning. Another words you said “Nobody is telling you you’re a hideous fiend for eating meat, the choice is yours”. On the one hand your saying nobody is telling you, but in reality you’re the one doing the telling because you’re the one bringing the words “hideous fiend” and connecting it with the words “eating meat” then you add the caveat “the choice is yours” the real meaning of what you wrote “it’s your choice to become a hideous fiend & eat meat”. Had you not added the caveat it may have been less clear, but the caveat leaves no question as to the meaning implied. That’s classic doublespeak my friend. You may have done it subconsciously, but you did it nonetheless.

Again, I have nothing against vegans or vegetarians and yes, I can even see myself becoming one someday. What I don't like is when people act like seed eating Nazi’s & try to force their agenda down your throat - literarily. I love all mankind not just the ones like me - try it sometime you might find more happiness and less hostility.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   

When I said you’re using doublespeak it’s because you’re constructing sentences in a way to disguise the meaning. Another words you said “Nobody is telling you you’re a hideous fiend for eating meat, the choice is yours”. On the one hand your saying nobody is telling you, but in reality you’re the one doing the telling because you’re the one bringing the words “hideous fiend” and connecting it with the words “eating meat” then you add the caveat “the choice is yours” the real meaning of what you wrote “it’s your choice to become a hideous fiend & eat meat”. Had you not added the caveat it may have been less clear, but the caveat leaves no question as to the meaning implied. That’s classic doublespeak my friend. You may have done it subconsciously, but you did it nonetheless.

Sorry mate thats not what I meant at all conciously or otherwise, its a paranoid interpretation of my words because you thought i was being hostile to you. infact i thought you were being hostile to me. My apology if i dont construct sentences to your liking, im sure you had a better education. I do my best, I call a spade a spade, I dont hide meaning with clever words.
when i said nobody is calling you a hidious feind, i meant exactly that, that nobody was laying sh*t on you for eating meat, i.e I wasnt. I was implying you seemed to think i thought that about you. When I said its your choice, i meant just that. Im not telling you not to eat meat.

I was trying to keep the peace, between you and the thread starter there was obvious hostility happening, or atleast looming. Again your interpretation above is simply incorrect, I eat meat, Im not vegan, I dont support any agenda. I was merely intrested in thread from a clinical POV, i.e. anatomy v's commonly held beleif. How could a fellow meat eater [possibly be sending a subconcious message that eating meat is hidious? It dosent make sense. I have no guilt about eating meat, Ive been raised that way and doing it all my life.
Why is my beleif that humans are not anatomically built for meat eating, somehow mutually exclusive in your mind, with the fact that I eat meat.
I didnt tell you what to beleive, I simply said hey, look at this, says here were not suited to eating meat. Im not ramming propaganda down your throat, just providing information.
Lets put this down to a misunderstanding between us ok. Im not here to make enemys.

p.s I had no problem with your humour, i just felt the threadstarter honestly did make the thread in a humorous vein, not to push an agenda, didnt you think they were funny stories. It just seemed to me that your were showing just as much defensive hostility as the thread starter, using the humour as sarcastic barbs, thinly veiled. Anyone reading the thread may have interpreted the atmosphere in the same way.
I wasnt taking sides but your a guy and the threadstarter a woman i beleive, i thought the pepper up the arse jk a bit rude to aim at a women, i was brought up that way. Its apparently a very touchy subject.
Lets chalk it up to my fault for misunderstanding both of you. my apology.

[edit on 113131p://141211 by instar]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join