It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My new video series - Foods that are killing you: Aspartame in Diet Soft Drinks

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
First things first, I'd like to apologize for my lack of contribution as of late. I have a beautiful baby daughter who is nearly 2 years old! She lives over 200 miles away from me but I get to see her once a month for a whole weekend so I can't complain! I have also had quite a turbulent and forever changing set of life circumstances recently with a lot of address changes and a fair few crappy jobs.

Needless to say I've now found my feet, I work for myself and I have enough spare time (Almost unlimited) to do with however I please. I want to build a free independent media platform, firstly on YouTube, and then eventually a dedicated site with a strong community base and a thirst for political justice. This is a not for profit organization and my pure aim is to spread awareness on topics that are often talked about on ATS but rarely at the bus stop or at work or at school.

I appreciate my first video is very poorly done but it was more a test run to see what I could do with the limited resources and equipment at hand. I will have a decent camera and computer soon, along with a nice mic. When I've got a few good videos up I'm going to apply to Kickstarter and request funding for building a studio and my first budgeted project. Any suggestions for a feature length documentary that is health related?

I want to find people who have been through Aspartame dependency/addiction/withdrawal and interview them about their experiences and then if possible talk to their GP(Doctor) about the ordeal. It can be very traumatic in a lot of different ways! I already know one lady who has been through this and I'm sure I could find a lot more people online. It would be interesting to try and get a response out of some of the corporations who put this crap in their products and hold them to account for the suffering they have caused.

When I was working at a caravan holiday park on the bar I started to notice which families drank diet coke regularly before they even asked for it. They looked like they were dying. Grey skin, limp hair, poor attention skills and almost a vacant look on their faces. A.. medicated stare is all I can describe it as, for want of a better word.

Medicated in the sense of how the Nazis would use the term.

My aim is to make videos that reach out to the 'Sheeple' so to speak. I know a lot of this stuff is blatantly obvious to most of us but there are still a tremendous amount of people that need informing. It is our duty as watchmen to look out for the Wolves in sheep's clothing and alert our fellow man.

Peace.

edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

Thanks for posting this. I have an in-law that swims in this stuff, drinks it by the can and bottleload every day, so is quite addicted. He or she has had cancer, an angry disposition, cranky at imaginary things, and take loads of high blood pressure medicine. Not very smart, although he or she thinks he or she is smart. Diet soda (well, any soda) is poison in a can. The corporations who make this stuff, and the multi-media giants who take ads for this nonsense, are both without compassion imnho.

edit on 13-11-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Though I do think aspartame is awful...even from my own experience of switching away from all soda and going to water I sometimes wonder...with so many things that are "killing" us how is our life expectancy growing? Unless that is the point to make us sick so we have to keep buying medicine for many years.

The side effects I had with aspartame was memory loss....i wasnt drinking it...and started dating a girl who did...so i did too...and noticed it had a obvious effect on me with concentration and memory...i quit and went back to normal.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister

Thanks for posting this. I have an in-law that swims in this stuff, drinks it by the can and bottleload every day, so is quite addicted. He or she has had cancer, an angry disposition, cranky at imaginary things, and take loads of high blood pressure medicine. Not very smart, although he or she thinks he or she is smart. Diet soda (well, any soda) is poison in a can. The corporations who make this stuff, and the multi-media giants who take ads for this nonsense, are both without compassion imnho.

That's no problem, I've been meaning to do this for a long time now! I too know people who absolutely love this stuff and wonder why they suffer from health ailment after health ailment with no real knowledge on the root of the problem. My whole aim of this video series is to shortly but concisely educate people about the food they are pumping into their systems. I rarely ever eat anything 'ready made' or processed and packaged anymore unless I really have to.

I bought some Dr Pepper recently just for old times sake and guess what? It's got artificial sweeteners in it now. A lot of drinks that HAVE sugar in them are ALSO putting this in them! All of the kids diluting juices have it in them. Kids sweets (candy) has aspartame..

I really can't sit by and do nothing, especially now I have a child of my own.

Feel free to share this video on your social media or download and send it to anyone or whatever. I don't mind if anyone uses any of my stuff even in entirety as long as credit is given.

Please show this video to anyone you know who is naive to this affliction that is plaguing society. ESPECIALLY if they feed it to their kids!
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I used to drink a popular brand of "fitness water" while exercising vigorously for 1-2 hours per day. I began experiencing dizziness, memory deficiencies, vision problems and was horrified when I looked up "Sucralose" and discovered its effects on the human body. I stopped drinking the water immediately, and if there were any withdrawal effects I didn't notice them. Maybe it was because the relief from the dizziness was so pronounced.

My mother-in-law is an overweight diabetic who refuses to give up her diet cola. She looks very unhealthy with thinning hair and bad skin -- at least ten years older than she really is.

My sister is on 100% disability for debilitating migraines and guess what she refuses to stop drinking? Yep. She downs the Diet Coke like it's going out of style.

In addition to my great concern for these family members, I am appalled that we will eventually be taking care of the MIL as her condition deteriorates and, as a taxpayer, I'm also paying for my sister to sit on her bum in a dark room when she could be out there enjoying a much better life.

This substance is evil, pure and simple.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
It's in a lot of products now....so many that I can't keep up. Maybe if someone has a list already created , it would be nice to see....so I can avoid all those products. I do look at labels, but now I feel like it's been renamed or something and just being hidden in the product. ...big Corporate is all about money, the more addicting the better for them. When they get caught ,it seems like they just switch the name of the ingredient.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Hello please see my thread from old account its my girlfriend I got here off for a while on cordial juice but then sugar free ribeena wich I found also had them! Now shes back on the diet coke I hadn't touched it in like over a month or two then had a bacardi and diet coke I actually felt faint pale weak light headed !

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also if you click on the name of my old account there's a few threads I did on stuff like this and I did a Coca Cola Life thread to see what people think although that mite be on this account not sure...
edit on 13-11-2014 by PhoenixFreeman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I have been buying pepsi made with real sugar. I rarely drink more than one can of any soda a day but I figure every little bit helps. I could never stand the taste of aspertain anyhow.
I have noticed that so many people buy the pre made meals and the just add meat products. Hamburger helper and frozen dinners are heaping in shopping carts. I call them square meals...get it?
Anyways, all of the chemicals in these products can't be good for a body. I don't understand why anyone would not realize that. I guess moderation is a four letter word.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I have done a lot of research lately about what is actually in the food we are eating.

I would add low fat yogourts to your list if it's not on there already.

This is the ingredients for a brand name 0% fat yougurt that is advertised as a healthy food to eat.

Fat Free Yogurt (Skimmed Milk, Skimmed Milk Concentrate / Powder, Live Cultures including Bifidobacterium Lactis (Bifidus ActiRegularis®)), Strawberry (9%), Fructose (1.9%), Stabilisers (Modified Maize Starch, Carrageenan), Concentrated Black Carrot Juice, Flavouring, Acidity Regulators (Sodium Citrate, Citric Acid), Sweeteners (Acesulfame K, Sucralose)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Is it true that Aspertame can now be added to products without the need to be listed in the list of ingredients?

By the way, I look forward to watching this video you made. I try to tell friends about the dangers of Aspertame, but as an ex-smoker, I can understand people doing stupid stuff, even when they know better!

Another question...Did you list the other names Aspertame can go by, in your video? I know AminoSweet is one of them. Are there more?

Rule of thumb...don't buy anything processed with ingredients that are less than really, truly natural/organic.
Even then, things are questionable. Buyer Beware!!

edit on 13-11-2014 by On the Edge because: question...

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

People don't want fat in their food.
fat is flavor.
Low fat is low flavor.
so sweetener is added to replace the lost flavor.
just eat the fat....

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I could not agree more I watched a load of documentaries and read loads of papers about this.

As this it ATS it can all be linked to agriculture lobbiests, chemical companies and an old POTUS.

a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
I could not agree more I watched a load of documentaries and read loads of papers about this.

As this it ATS it can all be linked to agriculture lobbiests, chemical companies and an old POTUS.

a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

To be honest I think you have to blame this one on the lazy consumer. They will not exercise so they buy low fat and low sugar products. Safer foods like organics are available but that takes effort. This one really is supply and demand.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
This video is not 100 percent on topic as it is predominantly about the effects of refined sugars but also gives some indepth explanations of how artificial sweetners cause damage to the body.

It's a long one at over 90 minutes and it gets a bit complicated but definatley worth the watch if you can find the time.

edit on 1120141111pAmerica/Chicago2014-11-13T11:39:11-06:0039f39 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I don't think the aspartame is nearly as bad for you as the caffeine, which is known to be addictive in high doses and cause all kinds of problems.

That being said, caffeine is a very natural substance, and not all that bad for you in small doses. Also on the plus side, soft drinks contain purified water, unlike the water you get from your tap, which is loaded with lead, fluoride, pesticides, and hormones.

P.S. -- Of all the things to complain about, this ranks with complaining about chocolate cake being too fattening for people. I don't know of anybody who is forcing people to drink this stuff, and if you don't want to, don't. Problem solved. Otherwise, there are still plenty of people who smoke and eat cheeseburgers every day. Why not start with them?
edit on 13-11-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I have had severe Aspartame dependancies.. WIlling to talk for sure..

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
First off, S+F for posting something you're passionate about. It's always refreshing to see someone who is willing to take the time to look up some information on the topic in question. I can respect that passion.

But here's where I'll probably get blasted. Aspartame is not as bad for you as some people make it out to be. Yes, aspartame and many other sweeteners certainly aren't GOOD for you, but they're not as bad as you might think or believe.

Here's some reading material to consider:

JAMA: Review of Aspartame Safety Issues

Aspartame Study in Italy

The results of these studies did find that high doses of Aspartame is indeed unhealthy, but is unlikely to cause certain types of cancers.

Of course, I don't recommend you drink Diet Sodas. They're just as bad for you as normal soda.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I have always had my suspicions about aspartame, a source of phenyalanine, well remember when you did microscopy as a kid phenyl blue and phenyl red to stain different cytoblasts and make them stand out for study under the microscope, it is an intracellular solvent capable of carrying these pigmants into the cell as it passes right through the cell wall into the cytoplasim.

So the human gut is a chemical, enzymatic reactor evolved to break foods down but of course and as well food's we are now filling that mineral and protein extractor with chemical combinations such as Sodium Benzoate (in this form it is harmless but break it down and you have benzine aromatic rings a known carcinogen in the body - the body can't on it's own break it down but what about all those other lovely and dangerous chemicals and of course Phenylalanine).

So the obvious scenario comes to mind of a chemical breakdown facilitated by these various (products) chemical combinations reacting in the chemical soup liberating benzene and phenylalanine, the phenylalanine then carry's the benzene into the cells were it causes or triggers cancer.

I wonder if the people who own the patent eat this crap.

Great thread and thanks for sharing it.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
do me a favor and just never eat a whole bag of those sugar-free gummy bears. your stomach will blow up with gas and then you'll be in awful pain for hours before you finally have relief in the form of horrendously oily and explosive diarrhea. yum yum lulz

as for the diet soda, yeah I haven't had a migraine since I stopped drinking it and started drinking the regular full-calorie stuff. I really need to drink more water again, though. Got out of the habit in the last year.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
P.S. -- Of all the things to complain about, this ranks with complaining about chocolate cake being too fattening for people. I don't know of anybody who is forcing people to drink this stuff, and if you don't want to, don't. Problem solved. Otherwise, there are still plenty of people who smoke and eat cheeseburgers every day. Why not start with them?

I appreciate the sentiment but you have to understand that the items you discuss, such as cheeseburgers and cigarettes, AREN'T marketed as healthy. Diet drink ARE.

That's the primary difference above all else that makes this an important topic for debate. People are feeding their kids this because they think it is healthier than normal alternatives. This can often lead to the allowance of 'binge' consuming of diet products under the false pretense that they are somewhat 'healthy' for you.

Just because something is obvious to us does not mean it is obvious to all of your friends and family.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join