It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My new video series - Foods that are killing you: Aspartame in Diet Soft Drinks

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I suppose you could count me in as one of the people who would rather take a chance with negative effects of real sugars, because all of the sugar-free sweeteners I've encountered have a worse effect.

One type gives me bad headaches, so I try not to touch the stuff if I can help it. (I have a bad day when a restaurant slips me diet because they're out of the regular soda.) Then there's another type of sweetener that just leaves a metallic taste in my mouth for a few hours, not as bad as the headache stuff but still not something I enjoy. The last type is the most "natural" as it comes from some plant extract that's a sugar-alcohol. That one is probably the least toxic as it's something the body breaks down into sugars, but energy used to do so is about the same as that from the sugar. I mind that sweetener the least of the sugar free stuff, but if I get too much of that - I'll be stuck in the bathroom for a bit. I guess it interferes with digestion or just doesn't break down fast enough.

Shame that nobody really has figured out a good one that's "safe", so I just deal with my ups and downs and risk for type II diabetes somewhere in the future. I guess sugar in whatever form is one of my vices, as my sweet-tooth is a bit too strong and it's difficult to forgo things like soda for too long.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

By purified water, they mean city tap water...which is "purified" by the city, but still may contain the things you mentioned, so no, you're wrong there (:

Reverse osmosis though and that means something.

edit on 11/15/2014 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

I never knowingly buy anything that has artificial sweeteners in it.

It's industrial waste, that happens to taste sweet.

I hear Cyanide tastes of Almonds..i like almonds, but would it be clever to consume industrial waste because it happens to taste sweet any more than it would be to eat Cyanide just because it tastes almondy?

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

[snip]

Industrial waste? you mind backing that up with a little documentation, or perhaps citing some sources?

i've heard that the fluoride cities put in the water is industrial waste, but never artificial sweeteners.

in fact, i can't think of any of them that weren't accidentally discovered, or created in a lab, and are purposely manufactured for use in foodstuffs. not that i'm saying any of them (except stevia) are aren't poison, but i'm fairly certain that they're not industrial waste..

hyperbole, and baseless assertions only make us look like nutters...
edit on 11.15.2014 by Kandinsky because: snipped censor circumvention

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

Read the filed patent for Aspartame.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique
First things first, I'd like to apologize for my lack of contribution as of late. I have a beautiful baby daughter who is nearly 2 years old! She lives over 200 miles away from me but I get to see her once a month for a whole weekend so I can't complain! I have also had quite a turbulent and forever changing set of life circumstances recently with a lot of address changes and a fair few crappy jobs.

Needless to say I've now found my feet, I work for myself and I have enough spare time (Almost unlimited) to do with however I please. I want to build a free independent media platform, firstly on YouTube, and then eventually a dedicated site with a strong community base and a thirst for political justice. This is a not for profit organization and my pure aim is to spread awareness on topics that are often talked about on ATS but rarely at the bus stop or at work or at school.

I appreciate my first video is very poorly done but it was more a test run to see what I could do with the limited resources and equipment at hand. I will have a decent camera and computer soon, along with a nice mic. When I've got a few good videos up I'm going to apply to Kickstarter and request funding for building a studio and my first budgeted project. Any suggestions for a feature length documentary that is health related?

I want to find people who have been through Aspartame dependency/addiction/withdrawal and interview them about their experiences and then if possible talk to their GP(Doctor) about the ordeal. It can be very traumatic in a lot of different ways! I already know one lady who has been through this and I'm sure I could find a lot more people online. It would be interesting to try and get a response out of some of the corporations who put this crap in their products and hold them to account for the suffering they have caused.

When I was working at a caravan holiday park on the bar I started to notice which families drank diet coke regularly before they even asked for it. They looked like they were dying. Grey skin, limp hair, poor attention skills and almost a vacant look on their faces. A.. medicated stare is all I can describe it as, for want of a better word.

Medicated in the sense of how the Nazis would use the term.

My aim is to make videos that reach out to the 'Sheeple' so to speak. I know a lot of this stuff is blatantly obvious to most of us but there are still a tremendous amount of people that need informing. It is our duty as watchmen to look out for the Wolves in sheep's clothing and alert our fellow man.

Peace.

So you've used the "Godwin" and the word "sheeple" in your post plus a video with unsubstantiated claims that aspartame is bad for you?
Congratulations!
You're the new Mercola/Mike Adams/Food babe.

www.sciencebasedmedicine.org...

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   

got a link?

because a simple web search of "aspartame production" will net you a result that will walk you through how it's manufactured. it's purposely manufactured, and not an actual byproduct of another process.

you already know i think the stuff is dastardly, but like i said, hyperbole, and baseless assertions only serve to make us look like nutters...
edit on 11-15-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Aspartame and all its negative studies would suggest that the best logic of a human would be to ban it's use.

The oddness and illogic of this planet is actually a miracle not "Christ".

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Source

You need to brush up on your Googlefu because that took me 2 seconds to find. There are plenty more.

Here.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing, looking forward to any future vids that you might make
Luckily I'm not that into soda and only seldomly buy any. So some people actually got addicted to that stuff? What did you feel, an intense craving?

I usually avoid cookies, crisps etc myself because I know I easily develop (incredibly strong) cravings. I've never been even close to overweight but I have had compulsive eating or cravings for specific foods, usually triggered after eating too much of the bad stuff. Some of these things really trigger strong chemical responses in the brain, freaky, really....

Luckily, I always cut back on those foods though, as soon as I noticed/consciously realised that I had cravings.
edit on 15-11-2014 by Pitou because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Pitou

Some people have seizures, violent migraines, intense mood swings and a whole host of other nasty symptoms when they knock the stuff on the head. It's definitely not good!

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

i don't really trust natural news...it's a bit too sensational, and tends to jump to conclusions...

bacteria don't defecate. that's a fact.

this is sensational language, used to provoke an emotional response. the hope is that the thought is "ew, we're eating something's poop?" ...well, no, you're not... instead of making their case with verifiable science-y stuff, they assume everyone is dumb, and decide to rely on factually inaccurate information, prepared specifically to mislead, and produce the desired emotional, and psychological response...

plenty of foods have components derived from bacteria...this is just another one.

the REAL issue is whether or not aspartame is actually harmful...i'm fairly sure it is.

we should be focusing on facts, and not hype and hyperbole.

the fact of the matter is that aspartame is deliberately manufactured. it is not a byproduct of another process, and it is not industrial waste.
edit on 11-15-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I know someone who is addicted to diet pepsi, he won't even drink the cheap soda because it doesn't taste right to him...I looked at the label and the knock off brands have less aspartame in them, there is another ingredient above it on the label

he had really bad adhd as a child was put on medication,there was some kind of mix up and he had major over dose...the drs said he could never take medicine again or he could die

all I know is the more diet pepsi (or coke if pepsi is out) he drinks the calmer he is, he is basically self medicating with it....he went cold turkey once and had horrendous headaches etc

he also has a BIG belly, like he is about to give birth.....

just to add...I get headaches from surcralose.....and whatever happened to being able to by plain old protein powder??? almost every one of them has sucralose in it, have to read every frickin label...well that's my little rant for today

edit on 15-11-2014 by research100 because: added sentence

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: research100

DUDE. I know exactly how you feel. I doubt I'll ever find an adequate whey protein anymore. The ones I used to be able to tolerate have all got sucralose in them now >.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I'm a girl,but, yeah what happened to the plain protien where we could just add what sweetening we wanted or none at all if thats what we like........I hear you for sure!!

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Source

You need to brush up on your Googlefu because that took me 2 seconds to find. There are plenty more.

Here.

It's bacterial excrement the same way as alcohol is yeast excrement.

Don't be sensationalist.
Unless of course you ARE trying to be the new Mike Adams.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pardon?

Source

Here.

It's bacterial excrement the same way as alcohol is yeast excrement.

Don't be sensationalist.
Unless of course you ARE trying to be the new Mike Adams.

I had to star you because you refuted yourself for me. You do realise that in you calling me a sensationalist you are yourself being sensational?

Not only that but you are being painfully pedantic. If only you were this passionate about the ACTUAL topic at hand.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: research100

I'm a girl,but, yeah what happened to the plain protien where we could just add what sweetening we wanted or none at all if thats what we like........I hear you for sure!!

My bad sorry about that!

Yeah it's an absolute joke. How can a health supplement be stripped of natural fats and sugars and then pumped full of chemicals and still be called a health supplement?

Its a joke.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   
How Artificial Sweeteners Induce Diabetes and Obesity Related Changes - journal Nature

Last year, for instance, sucralose (Splenda) was found to impair blood sugar in a human study, adding to a laundry list of its decades old experimentally confirmed adverse effects, including neurotoxicity, carcinogenicity (possibly due to dioxin formation when heated), and perhaps even leukemia generating properties. The heightened sweetness of these synthetic chemicals also makes them highly addictive, with one recent animal study showing saccharin may be more addictive than coc aine. Aspartame has also been linked to neurotoxicity and carcinogenicity – two adverse effects than may combine to increase brain cancer risk.

the article linked above has a lot more interesting information. take a read.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: voyger2
How Artificial Sweeteners Induce Diabetes and Obesity Related Changes - journal Nature

Last year, for instance, sucralose (Splenda) was found to impair blood sugar in a human study, adding to a laundry list of its decades old experimentally confirmed adverse effects, including neurotoxicity, carcinogenicity (possibly due to dioxin formation when heated), and perhaps even leukemia generating properties. The heightened sweetness of these synthetic chemicals also makes them highly addictive, with one recent animal study showing saccharin may be more addictive than coc aine. Aspartame has also been linked to neurotoxicity and carcinogenicity – two adverse effects than may combine to increase brain cancer risk.

the article linked above has a lot more interesting information. take a read.

Thank you very much!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join