It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jessie Ventura: "Military Doesn't Fight for our Freedom

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd
What makes you think kids are joining just to push corporations interests and not for something else entirely?

Joining just to push corporations interests?

I don't believe I've ever made that claim, and I don't make that claim. What I've said, time and time again, is that some people are making the decision to join the military knowing that they are being used as corporate security and don't care that it is happening.

How do I know this? Because I have had people tell me that the reasons we are fighting are less important to them than getting paid to do so. Not only that, we then have private security contractors comprised of former military personnel doing the same jobs, without the pretense of patriotism.

Don't misunderstand me. I'm not "blaming" the military. Our current military is a symptom of a bigger problem. I blame individuals making individual choices. If you join the military for a paycheck, you're part of the problem.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgentShillington

What makes you think kids are joining just to push corporations interests and not for something else entirely?

Joining just to push corporations interests?

I don't believe I've ever made that claim, and I don't make that claim. What I've said, time and time again, is that some people are making the decision to join the military knowing that they are being used as corporate security and don't care that it is happening.

How do I know this? Because I have had people tell me that the reasons we are fighting are less important to them than getting paid to do so. Not only that, we then have private security contractors comprised of former military personnel doing the same jobs, without the pretense of patriotism.

Don't misunderstand me. I'm not "blaming" the military. Our current military is a symptom of a bigger problem. I blame individuals making individual choices. If you join the military for a paycheck, you're part of the problem.

Pretty much this. With the lack of money making opportunities for young people out of high school the military can seem like the only option for many of them. They don't care what the repercussions are they just want an avenue that will provide them with pay and benefits now and qualifications later so they can either build or provide for a family.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Well based on your perspective, everyone that works for a corporation or company owned by a corporation is also part of the problem then. That includes a good percentage of the country. It also includes numerous citizens of other countries too. Since they're moving out of the country to pay lower wages.
edit on 13-11-2014 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Well based on your perspective, everyone that directly works for a corporation is also part of the problem then.

Well... yeah. But, I'm a Marxist, so that is to be expected.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
As I said in another thread, it's not about Freedom and Democracy, it's about Oil and Gas.

UK consulted Big Oil before Iraq Invasion

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I don't understand why so many people here love Jessica. He is an entertainer and not a very good one. He pretty much admitted his show was comets BS and done for a paycheck. It's embarrassing he was a governor and embarrassing he gets so much attention.

I'm sure we all agree with him on occasion. That does not make his opinion more important than others.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
There are individuals that join the military for patriotic reasons( Mr. Ventura) and there are individuals who join to fight (me). He is correct, and the people who are pissed at him for saying it are star spangled banner types. I personally enjoyed being a low paid mercenary for Ole Uncle Sam.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Hahahahahahaha, whaha hahahaha! Ehm....ok.

So let me get this straight, you don't feel the military is truly fighting for your freedom, yet, you genuinely believe your vote matters as a citizen?

If they're not fighting for our freedoms Jessie than what are they fighting for? For corporations and special interests? Go ahead Ex-Governor....let it out. But next time, when you feel its prudent to tell people who don't vote (because they knows its a joke) that they're not entitled to "bitch", just think of the contrary sentiment shared here and stick it,.....well you know where.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

So let me get this straight, you don't feel the military is truly fighting for your freedom, yet, you genuinely believe your vote matters as a citizen?

If they're not fighting for our freedoms Jessie than what are they fighting for? For corporations and special interests? Go ahead Ex-Governor....let it out. But next time, when you feel its prudent to tell people who don't vote (because they knows its a joke) that they're not entitled to "bitch", just think of the contrary sentiment shared here and stick it,.....well you know where.

I don't understand how the two are mutually exclusive. Could you explain more clearly what you're talking about?

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I don't understand how the two are mutually exclusive. Could you explain more clearly what you're talking about?

When it comes to things that matter, there is no difference between left v. Right, they are Dems and Repubs mutually exclusive....keeping big business churning forward and to hell with the people.

Government is broke, not our military. Don't address a symptom, address the disease instead he'd rather blame the citizens for not voting, even though it doesn't take much to realize the game is rigged.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

When it comes to things that matter, there is no difference between left v. Right, they are Dems and Repubs mutually exclusive....keeping big business churning forward and to hell with the people.

Government is broke, not our military. Don't address a symptom, address the disease instead he'd rather blame the citizens for not voting, even though it doesn't take much to realize the game is rigged.

Well, the government AND the military are broken, as the military is controlled directly by the government.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: AgentShillington

that was kind of my point, in a very uncouth manner. He should address the issue or disease not a symptom of the disease. Why prod at a community with nonsense, saying someone doesn't or shouldn't have a voice, because they chose not to be a shill or pawn to an obviously corrupt and rigged system?

Only to turn around and point the finger at the military. I don't get it, unless he is just throwing # on the wall to see what sticks or trying to get a rise.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
agree w/ Jesse.....when you're a soldierr in the U S ........you give up the constitutional rights you fiht to protect......

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
* The military is not being ordered to fight for our freedom.

It's not as if it's an individual choice, everyone has someone to answer to up until Commander-in-chief - Which our current guy listens to and takes advice from no one.

That being said - DC is full of corruption, and is not bound to give them ethical orders and what not in general. I still think it's important we have a well armed military, though and I still think if we were invaded we'd be thanking our lucky stars for a well armed militia ( And hopefully well armed citizens )

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: scattergun

I agree that the entire article needs to be read to understand the context. He is blasting the government for throwing the soldiers away once their usefulness is over. I agree with that and hope to see some drastic change in the very near future.

I'd be interested to know what you consider "drastic change" for the near future?
edit on 13-11-2014 by WCmutant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jainine

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
Our military members are pawns and they do the bidding of the government, which is owned by corporations.

Excellent point. Be it Bush or Romney or Obama or Hillary, they are owned and run by corporations. It's all the same. So why people fight over Obama vs Bush is silly. Both are owned by the interests of corporations. And interestingly enough, there is very little difference in their actions with our military (and virtually no difference with other things dealing with corporations like the 'stimulus packages'.)

Excellent point. Be it Bush or Romney or Obama or Hillary, they are owned and run by corporations.

Had to Step in here ...

From this Clip of the Movie called Network back in 1976

How A curate is it today ???

Longer Version for more Point Info

vimeo.com...

Yes Indeed the World is a Business

Operation Dessert Storm ... Soldiers Guarding the Oil Fields ...

Not Sure The Accuracy of these Websites tho.. Mongering or Actually Truth...

Major U.S. military operations/actions to protect oil
By Kevin Wang and David Kashi
oilchangeproject.nationalsecurityzone.org...

How And Why US
Encouraged Looting In Iraq
By Patrick Martin
WSWS.org
4-16-3
www.rense.com...

???? Phax News Video Within .... American Soldiers Protecting Poppy Fields ! ?

Are American Troops Protecting Afghan Opium?
www.washingtonsblog.com...
edit on 13-11-2014 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Military has been fighting for the petrodollar mostly for the past 40 years. Thats 2000 billion worth of currency America gets each year from the world for the privilege of paying for their oil plus the power that comes with controlling access to most energy.

Why shouldnt soldiers feel good about themselves fighting for something very real and tangible that benefits their country and the countries America extends aid to? After all if you deduct the 700 billion military spending, foreign aid to most of the middle east and other foreign aid that money is gone pretty fast.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

edit on 13-11-2014 by 3u40r15m because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Jainine

If we dissolved our military then we'd be overran very quickly.

Hate to break it to you, but we have ALREADY been overrun,...
Just not in the old 1940's sense...
The evil that attempts to control the entire world has successfully infiltrated our country at it's federal, state and local levels and has been systematically dis-mantling the Constitution ever since...

This is a "frog in the pot" type of over run...

People are starting to wake up... though slowly...

edit on 13-11-2014 by coastlinekid because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: scattergun

I have to agree that for a very long time, the military industrial complex has not fought for our freedoms. If they did, why oh why do we have less and less of them?

I DO believe that they fight for freedom for TPTB to do whatever they heck they want to do... overthrow leaders, back rebels, seize oilfields, etc...

The next time you hear a 'higher up' say "These brave men and women put their lives on the line for our freedoms" ...just know they mean OUR as in their own, their cronies & big corporations. They aren't including you and me in that OUR, and they probably all get a big laugh out of it every time one of them says it. Sickos. The sad thing is, the brave men and women sign on for honorable reasons.
edit on 11/14/2014 by new_here because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join