It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jessie Ventura: "Military Doesn't Fight for our Freedom

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

(CNN) - Former wrestler and Minnesota governor Jesse Ventura has some harsh words for the armed forces this Veterans Day: If given the option today, he'd opt out of military service.
"I hate to say it, but no, I would be a conscientious objector today," the Navy special forces veteran said in a video posted Tuesday. "I don't believe that the military fights for our freedom."
"They give them all the ra ra at the stadiums, and they cheer 'em on," said Ventura, who served as a Reform Party governor of the North Star state from 1999 to 2003. "But when the veterans come home, we pretty much forget about them. They're old news. They're yesterday's garbage. And it's time to move on to the next war."
Related: Jesse Ventura wins $1.8 million lawsuit

Jessie Ventura: "Military Doesn't Fight for our Freedom

Interesting comments from Jessie.... However it seems more and more that he's struggling with keeping his Fame Machine running. Really most of us out here realize the situation of our Veterans. Especially those of us that have served and are currently serving. I encourage everyone to read the entire article at the link above to get all the details of what he said, some of which were true. Now the lawsuit I don't understand at all.... Perhaps he was upset that someone wrote a book that made more Money than his, I don't know..Maybe some damaging things were written. Your feedback!

+66 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I don't often agree with Jesse Ventura, but he is right about the military being used as a publicly funded security force for Corporate interests.

We haven't fought for the American people's protection in 70 years.

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: scattergun

Since Jesse is an ATS member perhaps you should u2u him and alert him of this thread so he can come by and comment. A member courtesy kind of thing. Thanks.

edit on 13-11-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I agree. Perhaps a few things bother me about how CNN titled it. Kinda a flash headline insert that did nothing more than get my attention. I have read quite a bit about the Governor. And agree with a large majority of what he says. His opinions are mostly valid for just another guy who suffers from PTST that has a national media platform. Would you say that the folks at CNN made this look like a "Crazed Rant"?

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

I agree that the entire article needs to be read to understand the context. He is blasting the government for throwing the soldiers away once their usefulness is over. I agree with that and hope to see some drastic change in the very near future.

+17 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: AgentShillington

Completely agree. Our military members are pawns and they do the bidding of the government, which is owned by corporations. If anything, the military puts our freedom at risk with its involvement in issues where we don't belong.

I support veterans, but not the military industrial complex and their purpose.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Now the lawsuit I don't understand at all.... Perhaps he was upset that someone wrote a book that made more Money than his, I don't know..Maybe some damaging things were written. Your feedback

What? You can't sue someone for that. Why add your conjecture?

If you don't understand it then read the link provided from your link.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Sadly. Modern wars have become a lot like the gladiator games of ancient Rome. A spectator sport for the masses, except for the poor souls who fight in them, not realizing they're dieing for the elitist interests in our world, instead of what they're told they're fighting for. A slightly different approach from Rome, but just as effective.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Jessie Ventura: "Military Doesn't Fight for our Freedom"

The fact that we have a strong and well armed military is what is keeping us free. If we dissolved our military then we'd be overran very quickly. Other countries and entities would love to have our wheat fields of Kansas; our fishing waters; our off shore oil as well as our untapped onshore oil. So the fact that someone is willing to sign up and be trained and ready to fight for us means that they are there for our freedom. That should never be taken away from the active duty and veterans.

However, the politicians have misused and abused our military. There is no reason for our National Guard troops to be sent overseas. There is no reason for our troops to be active in Iraq or Afghanistan and we certainly shouldn't have bombed Libya, etc etc.

So I both agree and disagree with Mr. Ventura on this.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
They don't fight for our freedom anymore. They fight for everyone BUT us. Afghanistan and Iraq were about freedom for those countries, not us. None of the wars we've fought in recent decades were about us.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I hope someone tells the left that...up to the Millenium we believed most of what was said,now the deceit is clear and RAMPANT.
The conspiracies we used to suspect are sometimes now proven as facts.

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spruce
They don't fight for our freedom anymore. They fight for everyone BUT us. Afghanistan and Iraq were about freedom for those countries, not us. None of the wars we've fought in recent decades were about us.

Afghanistan and Iraq had nothing to do with freedom, and everything to do with resource control. If we were so worried about freedom from tyranny, why aren't we doing more in Africa? (Hint: We already control the wealth of Africa.)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
Our military members are pawns and they do the bidding of the government, which is owned by corporations.

Excellent point. Be it Bush or Romney or Obama or Hillary, they are owned and run by corporations. It's all the same. So why people fight over Obama vs Bush is silly. Both are owned by the interests of corporations. And interestingly enough, there is very little difference in their actions with our military (and virtually no difference with other things dealing with corporations like the 'stimulus packages'.)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jainine

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
Our military members are pawns and they do the bidding of the government, which is owned by corporations.

Excellent point. Be it Bush or Romney or Obama or Hillary, they are owned and run by corporations. It's all the same. So why people fight over Obama vs Bush is silly. Both are owned by the interests of corporations. And interestingly enough, there is very little difference in their actions with our military (and virtually no difference with other things dealing with corporations like the 'stimulus packages'.)

If this is reality, which I believe it is... It is too late to stop it without destroying our country. For several administrations we have forced our political will by use of the Military. I see the Corporations having the only logical interest in their use of OUR military to carry out a profit agenda... Now how do we stop it?

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The problem is politicians and corporations. Not the military personnel. Guess who puts the politicians in power, which in turn gets bought out by the corporations? So really, the root cause of the problem is the American people.

Thank you for not turning this thread into another bash the military personnel OP.

edit on 13-11-2014 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd
The problem is politicians and corporations. Not the military personnel. Guess who puts the politicians in power, which in turn gets bought out by the corporations? So really, the root cause of the problem is the American people.

Thank you for not turning this thread into another bash the military personnel OP.

The military personnel aren't innocent in this situation. I understand conscription, and have no problem with those forced to fight, but if you are volunteering for a military that you know is being used to be a publicly funded group of cleaners making sure everything is ready for corporate takeover, then you are more responsible than many here would like to admit.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: scattergun
If this is reality, which I believe it is... It is too late to stop it without destroying our country. For several administrations we have forced our political will by use of the Military. I see the Corporations having the only logical interest in their use of OUR military to carry out a profit agenda... Now how do we stop it?

Stop voting for Democrats and Republicans.

They are fully owned by Corporate America. Only vote for those that don't take corporate money. They are out there and gain more support every cycle. Jill Stein got over 1% of the popular vote last presidential election. (The most successful female presidential candidate ever, btw.) Sure, she's Green Party, and that might ruffle the conservative types, but I think Gary Johnson ran on a Libertarian ticket. And while Im not sure if Johnson took corporate contributions, anything is better than the GOP and Dems.

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

A picture says a thousand words sometimes.

edit on 13-11-2014 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
To be honest I'm very confused and disgusted with the political situation. We now have a completely dysfunctional Two party system. Our Two parties argue using the media against each other. Most Americans don't unite or vote. Corporations rule through Super PAC's and it seems if the consumer index is just above breaking we tolerate this crap...

I'm 56 years old and retired military combat veteran. I voted Republican my entire adult life. Recently I couldn't tell you why. Is what I want for my country out of reach? My Son and Daughter have both been deployed. I'm so very proud of them. However my heart aches as I see the reasons behind the current strategies.

Could a new party be formed? The Tea party? Reformers? I Just don't know who I'm gonna be in 2016 standing in that voting booth.. I"m getting way fed up with voting for the lessor of both Evils...

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I absolutely agree with Jesse and many other veterans that have come to this same conclusion after being used to maintain a corrupt corporate agenda. Being willing to Fight for you Country is Honorable, being willing to fight for corporate interests is Not.....and people need to understand the difference !

Right now the Commander and Chief of the US military is negotiating the TPP, a deal that if not stopped, will hand over US sovereignty to 600 global corporations and over ride the laws of the land. This dirty deal is being negotiated in secret with no Congressional oversight, something the founders made very clear is that all trade negotiations ( although this less to do about trade and more to do with making corporations un-touchable ) would be represented by the legislative branch of government, not "fast tracked" by the executive branch. Why the lack of Transparency, because it would be impossible to pass any other way !

Fighting for American Freedom.....NOT ! It's obscene and Jesse is telling it like it is......Hey Jesse if you read this, how about doing some shows on the TPP, people need to be made aware of this and fast ! Obama wants to try and "Fast Track" this by the end of the year, sound familiar, pushing this crap through without the Congress having any time or access to read it, during the Holidays when many are not even there !

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join