It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALERT — Russia Announces Deployment of Bombers Over Gulf of Mexico

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: criticalhit

They're not trying to prove they can reach us, they're using them to record radio frequencies, response times, radar frequencies, and other electronic signatures.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
The US to me has become like the house on the block with the fake Security sign on the lawn. Not even a small barking dog to deter a threat. A group allowing its neighborhood to grow worse and worse and not saying anything about it.

Russia has never flown long range strategic bombers over the Gulf of Mexico. A few surveillance planes but no bombers. Not even during the cold war era.

I know it is international waters and air that they are in. Their was the incident that started in Alaska and would up 50 miles off the coast of California.

Putin has Obama over a barrel as far as foreign policy including Libya, Syria and the Ukraine. This is one more step to show the world our leadership is weak.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I don't know if this has been mentioned so far, but this little war game is not a new tactic for Putin....while searching to see if this latest adventure was posted, I found that Russia flexed it's muscles in the Gulf two years ago:

Obama’s “Reset” Failure: Undetected Russian Sub in Gulf, Bombers in US Airspace

Since then, and after Russian obstruction of our peace efforts in Syria, aggression in Georgia, and aid to Iran, the Russian Bear has taken complete advantage of Obama’s perceived weakness by sending Russian attack subs into U.S. coastal waters and strategic bombers into U.S. airspace!

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Putin has Obama over a barrel as far as foreign policy including Libya, Syria and the Ukraine. This is one more step to show the world our leadership is weak.

You and the others really need to understand the larger picture.
This is not all about Obama. If hostilities occur it wont be Russia verse just the US.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

You're right. The big picture is WW3. It's a shame the Western oligarchies are willing to set the world on fire to maintain their power.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I understand the larger picture. Right now, it is about the current POTUS. Not the former POTUS. Not Reagan. Not Carter...Not Bush 1 or 2 or even Slick Willy.

The POTUS on the world stage has been a pussy. Simple as that.He did not kill Bin Laden. That was in motion but he takes credit. He did not withdraw troops. It was in motion and he takes credit.

Did nothing in Syria after drawing a line. A PLANE is shot down, a civilian aircraft and nothing is done. He is not holding firm with missile defense and allowing it to not move forward leaving our European allies open to who knows.

I am not blaming him for the problems...I am accusing him of simply doing nothing.

We also broadcast what we do when we want too. Saying that the US is compartmentalized is a joke. I think that stopped when CNN was boots on the ground in IRaq before we were way back.

If Russia says they are going to patrol the Gulf, move a carrier there. Why not? Make it interesting...a show of force. When you want to be the biggest on the block you flex once in awhile. Otherwise...you are ripe for picking.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

You're right. The big picture is WW3. It's a shame the Western oligarchies are willing to set the world on fire to maintain their power.

lol thanks.. I needed a good laugh today.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: tavi45

lol thanks.. I needed a good laugh today.

What's so funny about that? It's truer and truer by the day. But then again any viewpoint that isn't "America is the best and the savior of humanity" is met with derision and condescension by you. I'm not surprised it makes you laugh.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

Not "it" - you.

You guys are the ones pushing the fallacy that we think the Us is an angel. You are so accustomed to spouting off without anything to back it up that I dont think you realize you do it.

Russia is the one who is going mental and acting like a brain damaged test monkey. Russia is the one threatening the use of nuclear weapons. Russia is the one violating sovereign airspace and sea space. Russia is the one doing bombing run practices on civilian populations. Russia is the one who invaded Ukraine. Russia is the one who illegally annexed Crimea. Russia is the one backing the rebels.

The current situation exists because Putin thinks he is running the USSR. Trying to blame the west for Putins failures does not work on anyone outside of Russia.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Hmm, that is a reaally bad news.
So, you think that TPTB changed their main harbour ? And now it is Russia.

What will happen with American middle class ?

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Sad considering the BILLIONS we have spent on black projects that probably would solve the oil issue.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Sabiduria

They've been building ties with Venezuela recently, as far as weapons sales and basing agreements go. They could base large aircraft there.

I do recall them basing their TU-160 there at an Island off the coast of Venezuela, or at least they wanted too. Yep, I remember the Island that they wanted to use off Venezuela for basing of their large bomber really pissed off Britain cause they had a long time dispute over who owned the Island, Russia backed off and I haven't heard more about it.

Venezuelan President Hugo "Chavez has proposed to us a whole island with an airfield that we can use for temporary basing of strategic bombers," Maj. Gen. Anatoly Zhikharev, chief of Russia's strategic aviation forces, told journalists on Saturday.

www.csmonitor.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

They did back in 2009 so your wrong. See my prior post. They try to annoy us time to time.

defense-update.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Sad considering the BILLIONS we have spent on black projects that probably would solve the oil issue.

Solving the oil issue isn't as simple as replacing oil. Oil forms the backbone of the economy for many nations, if you shut it off overnight with an alternative, superior product you will throw those nations into chaos. Russia is keeping their government afloat through oil sales. If you suddenly made those worthless, what do you think Russia would do?

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

So you ignore the fact that the earthquakes were done by on face value by the American military due to them being the only ones with a HAARP site.
and yep I'm quite happy to argue the point of how the word classified is used in a court I would also like to talk how American and British prime ministers who have committed rape are allowed to govern us and how our militaries are answering to these people and then saying its classified.

How do people think the world is going to change when they can't even work out what right and wrong is?

Taxpayers money is used to pay for the military those same taxpayers are then dumbed down with fluoride and then told they are not smart enough to be given the information.

Should America be allowed to spy on Asia and if so what are the reasons probably capitalism hey

we are all equal whether you are a king or a pauper.

And I don't know if the info is classified or not it wasn't put in the paper so I imagine only the people who were involved would know about it.

what sort of world do you truly want to live in one where the governments poison and murder their own people.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Around about that time my sister said that she saw a camoflauge with white and brown markings helecopter hovering just above the trees pointing some round cylinder looking things towards the Nuclear Power plant in MN. here. To bad she didn't have a camera. She spotted it on her way to work.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
We must also consider the likelihood of sleeper cells attacking from within, and coupled with a threat from the gulf, and possibly air... Bin Laden was so sure of his plan to crash The United States, he openly informed us that we are being infiltrated by radicals at alarming rates. I mean honestly, Look at the president. . No proper documentation of his life in general. And I may be exaggerating slightly, but who even knew about this guy before the 2012 SELECTION. And I could be a little delusional, but put a long, matted beard and the attire, and Obama closely resembles Osama. Our own "national security administration" is mostly radical muslims who despise us. Additionally, we have provided them with the tools to spy on Our public. Regardless, if the United States is invaded by any means, the People will retaliate against the terror threat and subsequently purge all branches of the Government from tyranny and injustice. One thing WE must keep in Mind... Angels are real. Their influence is real. They allow and disallow happenings. There is always a higher purpose.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: KingJoseph01

Many will tell you that the US has already been infiltrated and conquered. Not by Russians nor Jihadists, but by corporate giants and the banking cartel that have essentially transformed the US into an Oligarchy while the population was distracted by their TV shows and high tech gadgets.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
You are correct in the sense that we have damaged ourselves, but I respectfully and completely disagree with the notion of us having been conquered. I do not perceive that being possible to any degree. As I stated, Angels are Real, and WE are born amongst you!

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Nothing they haven't got the tech or any real strength beyond their region.
Not to mention we are still the top predator.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join