It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALERT — Russia Announces Deployment of Bombers Over Gulf of Mexico

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
This news hasn't been taken yet by the mainstream but I also found it on MSN. Anyway it follows:

Russia will send long-ranger bombers on regular patrols over the Gulf of Mexico, according to military officials.

Following moves by NATO in response to the crisis in Ukraine, Sergei Shoigu, the Minister of Defense for the Russian Federation and General of the Army, said “we have to maintain military presence in the western Atlantic and eastern Pacific, as well as the Caribbean and the Gulf of Mexico.”

In June, U.S. fighter jets intercepted Russian bombers off Alaska and California.

Earlier this week, the European Leadership Network released a report, Dangerous Brinkmanship: Close Military Encounters Between Russia and the West in 2014, stating there has been an increase in military encounters between Russian and NATO since the annexation of Ukraine’s Crimea region in March.

The foundation supported think tank says three out of nearly 40 incidents had a “high probability” of triggering military confrontation. It reports the incidents “include harassment of reconnaissance planes, close overflights over warships, and Russian ‘mock bombing raid’ missions.”

The increased flights are designed to demonstrate Russia is capable militarily as NATO increases its military cooperation with Eastern European nations on its border.

“It’s interesting the way these multiple violations have been quite carefully choreographed to show it can encircle NATO,” Justin Bronk, a research analyst for the Royal United Services Institute think tank, told Channel 4 News in October.

“They forced as many players within NATO as possible to deploy intercepts.”

www.revereradionetwork.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
And here it is with a video chronic from MSN

www.msn.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I forgot to add that I didn't see this topic on ATS. If my search didn't work properly and the subject is already in here then I do apologize in advance.

I also did a thorough search online but so far expect alternative news sites, I've seen no official media on this news. Except MSN which can be considered as a portal.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Just read the russians are sending 4 ships close to australia... Putin is showing his teeth as he said he would. The west is still thinking they can poke a bear waking up from its hibernation. Weapon companies and war lords are laughing their asses of in these golden times of war

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Telos

Is Russia flying out from Cuba or are there carriers?

Makes me wonder who all is allied with Russia, we've seem to have forgotten about them since the cold war.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
This could turn into a modern day Cuban Missile Crisis if true...

I'll believe it when I see it.

But...

War is business... and these days, business is good.

~Namaste

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I will believe it when i see it and hear about it on all the news feeds.
Thanks for posting the linky and info

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Come on down.
Skol'ko let, skol'ko zim!

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

oh man , i hope this does not turn into anything bad .....

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Sabiduria

Russia doesn't have but the one carrier. If they're planning on long term deployments to the Gulf of Mexico they have to have a land base in either Cuba or Venezuela to do it.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Let's hope we aren't dumb enough to start a war with Russia. We might possibly be able to take Russia by if it comes to war then China will be forced to enter. America can't possibly win a war with Russia and China.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Thank you, I haven't been keep up with what county has what military vessel.

Do they have other allies aside from Cuba in that area?

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I know how to make a decent borscht, so I'm not terribly worried.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

There has already been some speculation that this is exactly what they intend to do. I half expect to see Putin beating on a podium with a shoe any day now.

link   

Looks like they're gonna fire up SOUTHCOM again.LAST time we did some terrible things there.

link   

I'll take that at face value for now, Telos. F&S!

And maybe some people of genuine influence will take
notice when orbit points are made directly over Zurich,
Rome, City of London and that tumor growing off the
end of Maryland.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Sabiduria

They've been building ties with Venezuela recently, as far as weapons sales and basing agreements go. They could base large aircraft there.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Justin Bronk is 'just saying' that Putin is making the West spend a lot of money on surveillance, since the West 'Sanctions' are supposed to make O'l Puty out-of-pocket, when the whole scenario is bullshy. The sanctions won't hurt Russia so much, nor are they intended to. This is all political fodder, and each must play a part.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Keep an eye on a "destabilized," Venezuela. I feel it coming soon.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sabiduria

Thank you, I haven't been keep up with what county has what military vessel.

Do they have other allies aside from Cuba in that area?

I think they have strong ties with Venezuela. As for Cuba, I've been there lots of times in the past 4 years (cheap tourism) and I've seen a big presence of russians but no military, just tourists. So I have no knowledge what are the relations now, especially with Raul taking power and opening up more toward the west. Still though, Cuba remains a strong ally for Russia. Let's hope that S doesn't HTF!!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join