It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll for all members (skeptics, debunkers, and believers) of ATS: Have you ever had a UFO sighting?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

yes. but what's the use of telling anything when.. pics or it didn't happen or you're hallucinating/lieing.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Yes. A very strange night happened for me back in '88. I was in the car with my whole family and we were parked outside of a movie theater in Kansas city Mo. Just as the movie let out people were coming out of the theater and I looked up and saw this HUGE cigar shaped object in the sky silently gliding along. And I do mean it was huge. There was no noise what so ever from. Couldn't hear an engine at all. It was not shaped like a dirigible. It was almost impossible to see the color due to it already being dark,all the people in the parking lot were pointing at it and saying "look,what is it!""?? As it was starting to go down below our line of site, there was a huge flash and then nothing. No sound with it,just quiet. Strangest thing. Never could explain what it was I saw.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Hmm. Well, twice I've seen things in the sky that I and the person accompanying me couldn't readily identify. So I suppose technically speaking they were UFOs. However, I remain skeptical as to their origin.

Now if you were to ask me if I believe life exists outside of Earth, I would answer with a resounding, YES! On the flip side of that , if you were to ask if me if I believe said life has visited Earth, the only answer I could give you is that I don't know.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   

In July 2002 , I was fortunate enough to witness a very large U.F.O ,
at close range , for over an hour ...
I was out fishing one night , alone in my small sailboat . There was no moon ,
90% cloud cover at 1000m , and an approaching thunderstorm , 50 km. away.
Drifting because of no wind , and reclining in the cockpit , at 2 a.m ,
I noticed in the sky, 10km. to my south , three solid , bright red lights in a
triangular formation . They were separated by 200 metres ., and approaching
my position at 15 knots , altitude 300 metres . As they came closer , I noticed
another three red lights following , 4 km. behind . This immediately got my
attention , and looking around I saw two more sets of red lights ,
equi-distant and at 90 degrees to the others . I was between several small
islands , and can accurately report it's overall dimensions as being 5km.
across .
As it slowly passed directly overhead , it's underside was illuminated from
the lights of a nearby city , 40km. away . It was a massive disc , with turrets ,
antennae , and one very large , brilliant white spotlight in the middle.
It was making a quiet and low buzzing noise , and took 30 mins. to pass
overhead . As it moved to the North , I could plainly see it was an
upside down saucer shape .
I don't drink or do drugs , this is as real as it gets .
There was nothing in the media about it the next day , and it passed an
International airport on it's way north ...
... and no it wasn't an R/C balloon swamp gas Venus lantern disinfo thingy.
At 3:30 a.m , the daily commercial jets screamed overhead towards
the airport , at 1500 m , tiny and loud .
I am a very experienced seaman/bushman , and this is not my only
encounter .,( although the largest so far )
I have also had contact of the fourth kind , and can assure you , they were
of the benevolent kind .... maybe another time

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Yes

A large silent black triangular object with no lights in 1986. No idea about alien involvement but still can't imagine how tech we know of could get such a thing off the ground and move the way it did with no sound at all.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: radarloveguy

Your story has me intrigued. I hope that at some point you find the time to chronicle the things you've seen. I, for one, would love to hear more...but, I understand why you might not want to go into details, so no pressure.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

I have had 2. Once when I was 14 years old in Las Vegas, I saw a light moving across the sky in what i can only describe as an "awkward" way.

Again at age 20 in Reno I saw a single light in the distance slowly moving from east to west over Washoe Valley. A few minutes later a smaller light appeared to be orbiting the bigger one.

Never was able to explain what I saw. But neither events were life altering to me. I just looked up, saw them, watched them, and said to myself "Yep, I saw that"..I just don't know what it is that I saw.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Yes, one. Shortly before I joined ATS I saw something completely unexplainable, well according to our current known tech, anyway.

Prior to that I didn't believe in UFOs and certainly didn't read and research the topic like I do now!

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I have but it has been over 20 years since I really think I saw something out of this world..

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent76

About 8 since I had a encounter..

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Unidentified flying object? Yep, I've seen stuff that I could not identify. I don't know what they were but I guess that's what makes them unidentified. Haven't seen aliens though. Just strange things in the sky from orange balls to silver teardrops and mostly while I was living out in proverbial UFO country. It kind of lives up to its name.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I saw one from a military aircraft from Brunswick, ME. to Jacksonville FL. , a few hundred miles off the New Jersey coastline. There was no radar contact, and whatever it was was way below us, as we were at about 20,000ft.

Three, evenly spaced bright red lights, separated by (what I am obviously estimating) , about a half mile each, and in that area, no ground reflection, or lights from ships, as is very common. We just passed over it, and continued on. Everyone saw it, the pilots did not want to talk about it, and there was no mention of it brought up at the post-flight debrief.

That's about it. Certainly not enough to go on and explain what it was.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Yesssirr....the cigar shaped one.....1999...march....10 am Dallas time.....it was going in and out of cloak at 4000 msl.....on a ground track to take it right over Dallas Love Field....400 feet long...no sun reflection off the nose, like all the md-80's and 757's had.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Okay, here's mine. Sorry for the wall of text:

I was 14 and on a 5-day camp-out with about 20 other Boy Scouts in the foothills of Lookout Mtn---not far from Redstone Arsenal and the Marshall Space Flight Center in Alabama. Not that far from Oakridge, Tn either now that I think about it.

Anyway 4 of the 5 days were spent in a relatively safe & easygoing pasture of a scout-friendly citizen. We had some badge classes and spent a lot of our leisure time in fierce competitions of mumblety-peg. But one night we went to camp in the "mountains," better described as large foothills. After dinner we broke off in pairs and clicks and explored the various trails leading to the top which I estimate to be around 600 ft and situated among many foothills of similar size.

Two scouts had remained at the top longer than the rest of us and it was rather late in the evening when I and a friend were meandering a trail and talking near the top and the two scouts up top called down to us in very excited voices to come up that they had just seen a ufo.

We scrambled up top and the two scouts indicated an adjacent and taller mount, maybe less than a mile away as the crow flies, and said they saw a big glowing orange ufo land there.

I was skeptical, but was intrigued by how excited they were, cutting each other off in their zealousness to describe what they saw. We settled in and continued talking all the while steadily looking at the adjacent mount top.

Maybe 20 minutes passed when there appeared a brilliant double-flash that emanated from and illuminated the entire top of the peak, a split second of darkness, and then maybe 100 ft over the tree tops "it" pulsed into life. Perspective wise, I would say it was about high-moon size in appearance. Perfectly globular. At full pulse it looked like molten metal or plasma swirling & sloshing around inside.

Then it would dim at about the same speed it lit. It would dim to nothing. We couldn't see anything and then a good bit higher in the sky it would pulse to life again a few seconds later. Not counting the double-flash of the apparent lift-off, it lit and dimmed 6 times, each time higher in the sky and after the 6th nothing. We watched for a long time, but that amazing glimpse was over but for the heavy-duty questions it raised in me.

It was a clear night and a clear phenomena of some kind. I was an Air Force brat and C.A.P. cadet with flight-time that never missed a Thunderbirds show or an opportunity get to witness various test-flights. I knew it wasn't flares and it doesn't fit with any description of ball lightning that I've come across in the years since. Conventional craft was out of the question because of characteristics and size.

Even at that age, I knew what we saw couldn't be easily explained. Since the internet came along, I've searched for folk who have seen the same thing. I've came across many since then that were essentially the same and many more that were similar.

I have also seen that "spotlight" in the sky thingy that makes no sound. It came on in a straight line for a bit and stopped its forward movement and bobbed slowly up and down, left and right for a bit and then continued on it's previous course until out of sight. It was headed towards Huntsville (Redstone Arsenal, Space Center) so I basically chalked that one up to something along the lines of the fabled silent helicopter?

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Seven or Eight Compelling Sightings, unexplained. Three of those that in addition to not looking like traditional craft, exhibited flight and other characteristics unexplainable by known human craft or any possible natural explanation. The first, when I was a child, appeared first as a saucer from beneath and later as a glowing white sphere. Missing time and some limited recollections that point towards an abduction experience.

One sighting a few years ago provided only a glimpse of a bright glowing sphere, but I also saw a small being with large head and large dark eyes at a distance of about three feet. Only saw it for about a second, (though it seemed longer), before what I can only describe as a feeling of absolute terror washed over me, with an involuntary response to close my eyes, turn away, cover my solar plexus with my hands and enter as close to a fetal position as I could seat belted into the driver's seat of my non-moving car. I experienced an extremely bright light through my closed eyes. After the fear subsided and the blinding light ended, I counted to three, opened my eyes and saw a whitish glowing sphere moving away, obscured by trees, disappearing finally behind a rise. (I live in a fairly well forested, hilly part of the US).

The first event involved my family, parents and two siblings, who don't recall as much as me, but can confirm most of the sighting and the missing time. This was investigated by a former compatriot of J. Allen Hynek. He found two other witnesses to the craft, with matching descriptions and timing; one seemed to have witness to start of the event, the other the tail end, at the end of the 45 minute missing time period.

My third most compelling event was partially witness by my mother. Theory is that we were being returned to our beds after an abduction event. We both awoke, in separate bedrooms, to a bright flash of light and a crackle of electricity. I witnessed a glowing sphere through my skylight. After a few seconds of shock, watching it move from view, I hopped up on to the end of my beg, opened the skylight and witnessed the sphere maybe a half mile away over an area where homes were located. I witnessed a solid beam of white light extend from the hovering sphere, downward, (trees obscuring onto what, exactly). The beam lasted about a four count, then it moved down the well populated valley, hovered again, beam of light, then shot off and upward at about a 30 degree angle, out of sight.

I'm withholding some detail to try to protect my identity, since some of these details have been reported and may be available online.

So, I really have no doubt that at least some of my sightings have involved non-human craft and that we are being visited. I also believe the abduction phenomenon is real and involves, at least in some cases, non-human entities.

It took me many years to come to terms with my experiences and accept the non-human element. A few more years trying to wade through all the literature and reports for a better understanding of what is happening and why. More recently, I've stopped worrying about trying to convince anyone, or sort the truth from the lies among the reports and literature. I know they are here. I believe a fair portion of other reports are genuine and some of those also likely involve non-human entities. I like to discuss in the hopes of gaining further insight, or to help others come to terms with their experiences, but I'm beyond debate or trying to determine the truth amidst the lies with any certainty.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Once, during a full moon, I watched a contrail form across tbe sky around 3am. There is no way it was a commercial jumbo jet, because it was going too fast. Way too fast. Military aircraft travelling supersonic?

Anothrr time, on a moonless night, I saw a black shape race across the sky. There was little light pollution, so it just looked like a hole against the stars. No sound.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Yep.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Totemic

E-hug, babe. I feel ya.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   
This thread is starting to tap on some of the reasons why I landed here, this forum, not this planet(I was born here naturally.)
I know that there are odd experiences that many of us have had.
I don't like to spend a lot of time writing in detail, call me lazy...but I really don't like some jerk ass jumping in and questioning my honesty.
Many people I know have had strange experiences. Most tend to not want to talk about it or else just forget about it and block it out.
I have a hunch that these accounts could be better recorded in a verbal, as opposed to written, format.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
i've been interested in this kind of topics since a very young age; the first time i saw a UFO was on october 9th from this year, it was like 8:50pm, I usually tend to go upstairs and take pictures of the moon or just spend time watching it, that night i didn't take the camera with me, i just went upstairs and noticed that the stars were very very bright, then i noticed that 3 "stars" were moving, then another 3, but they were making like a "v" form, they looked like stars, but I assume they weren't, they moved slowly, and i think the 6 lights made one big aircraft i don't know, it made no sounds, and then it disappeared, well not really, a tree didn't let me see the route of the object, the sighting lasted approximately 35 secs., and yes, i know it wasn't an airplane, i always see airplanes flying around, and they look extremely tiny compared to what i saw. I searched images and similar sightings on inernet, but nothing compared to what i saw, the most similar sighting would be the so called "phoenix lights", and I knew about them like 3 days ago.
aaaand that's it
edit on 9-11-2014 by esml00 because: i needed to write the most similar thing i found to it

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join