It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll for all members (skeptics, debunkers, and believers) of ATS: Have you ever had a UFO sighting?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
Why do you want to know?

Read the op.

originally posted by: idonthavemanyfriends

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: FearYourMind

I have a nice camera now and am ready for its return, but I haven't seen it since 2009.
Go to this site. Insert your location, and look for predictions for the ISS. You may get your chance.
www.heavens-above.com...

doesn't this thread specifically state not to debunk?

Perhaps I should rephrase. I don't mind constructive debunking, especially if it can help identify possibilities (and the poster requests it). What I don't like are statements like 'it was swamp gas reflecting off Venus', or 'did you forget to take your meds that day'. Big difference.

Thanks to everybody who has contributed so far. For the record, I'm simply looking for UFO sightings, and I draw no connection to ETs as I don't necessarily correlate the two.

For the record I have had 2 sightings;

When I was in my early 20s packing up after a gig with my band we saw lights at a distance putting on what appeared to be a show for us, moving at angles that I would not think any conventional aircraft I'm aware of could do.

The other sighting I'm hesitant to attribute as a sighting or not as I don't know if I imagined it (or my eyesight played tricks on me), due to the speed at which the UFO seemed to travel. It was like seeing a dot of lighting at one point in the sky, then almost instantaneously there was another dot, then another, in a straight line. The reason I think I could have imagined it is because I was going through a period of believing UFOs were everywhere and wonder if it was a kind of confirmation bias in my mind combined with connecting things together that may not necessarily have been connected. I don't know one way or the other in this case.

I've had a couple of other sightings, but I'm pretty certain they were meteors/bolides.
edit on 8-11-2014 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

a reply to: idonthavemanyfriends
Sorry, you're right.
It was a suggestion of how the poster may be able to use his camera. The description was very close to an ISS pass.

Well best way I can describe the size is if you were to stretch your arm all the way out and make a fist. Your fist would be about the size of this thing. Nothing like the ISS or any satellite.

Looked very similar to what is in this video. (Excuse the music). This is pretty much exactly what I saw though.

edit on 8-11-2014 by FearYourMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
When I was younger, I was walking home from a friends house that lived down the street. I noticed a hazy green sphere way up in the sky with a hazy ring tightly surrounding it. It was moving gradually away from me and started picking up speed the more I watched it. It kept going until I couldn't see it anymore. Pretty boring, I know. Looked just like this except it had a little fuzzy halo around it.

edit on 8-11-2014 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

3 different objects in 3 different time periods...1 during daylight hours...Watched what I thought was a satellite one night til it made a 90 degree turn...

edit on 8-11-2014 by Iscool because: sentence spacing was wrong.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Okay... there was the orange paneled, black diamond shaped craft that cruised around my house, was around 8 or 10' in diameter that hovered about 10-20' off the ground from the 80's.

There are the rather frequent sightings of white spheres, either single or in groups, I've seen in daylight flitting or hovering ... usually in clouds.

There was the "meteor" that came whizzing across the horizon at sunset that sped up and curved up and out of the atmosphere (apparently)... that was hard to compute... the speeding up part, anyway.

There are the numerous lights seen at night that make tight turns, stop and sometimes shoot off at seemingly impossible speeds I've seen five to ten times... once two met over me, looking like converging satellites, that hesitated a tick and then careened around each other and took off to opposite horizons that left me puzzled.

And there was the white cylinder in '97 that hung in the sky between me and nearby mountains that was larger than a passenger plane fuselage (and was possibly as large as an aircraft carrier) and hung perfectly motionless against incoming wind for more than ten minutes that I saw with a group of strangers on the street that defies ID'ing still. I went to get a camera and it was, of course, gone when I returned.

And then family and friends have a bunch, too... my father saw two orange lit saucers cavorting over Nevada in the early 1950's...he was an USAF pilot and was convinced they were unconventional aircraft... certainly not prop or jets, and I have a cousin who had his car's motor stopped by an egg shaped thing with a rubbery armed humanoid piloting it and he won't drive at night anymore, etc.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Yah, once I saw something I could;t identify. I posted about it here in fragments…

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I've seen some things.

Some that made me think "what th'?" for a moment until it became apparent that my brain and eyes had been having an argument for a bit.

A couple that I still have no idea what they were but no reason to think they were ET. Most recent was a few months ago. A strobe directly overhead, flashed 5 or 6 times, no apparent motion the whole time.
I have seen similar, late at night I put them down to a 'flasher' satellite tumbling which is the most likely and there was horizontal movement...IF, you waited long enough. But last year, I was turning the car to drive into my abode and I saw something much the same except that, (and there was a strobing effect) the light became brighter and brighter then just disappeared. The only thing I can put that down to was an incoming meteor/space debris straight toward my line of vision, and that I never saw before.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
the most notable ufo sighting in my life was as follows;

it was summer, the mid to late seventies, maybe 1976 or 77.

my brother and i were staying the weekend at our
grandparents' house. it would have been either a friday
or saturday night. we had gone to bed.
sometime during the early hours our grandma woke us
up, saying 'we should come and see this' (or words to that
effect). we got out of our beds and followed her, to our
grandparents' bedroom, where we could see our grandpa
standing by the window, in his pyjamas. he was looking
upward and out of the w.indow. we followed his gaze and
observed what i can only describe as a bright object,
seemingly hovering about 300 feet up outside the window.
details were impossible to make out. i only recall
changing geometric shapes (triangle, circle, square)
and rapid colour changes (white, red, yellow, green).
very bright. no noise.
my memory of the incident ends there. i do not know
how long we stood watching. i do not recall going back
to bed. i completely forgot the incident until some
25 or more years later when i suddenly just began to
'remember' this. i asked my brother about it and he
said he was astonished that when i raised the subject
with him he remembered the incident 'all at once, in a
flash'. his recollections matched my own precisely.
edit on R2014th2014-11-08T20:57:35-06:0020140pm3114 by RoScoLaz4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold
I have had at least 2 UFO sightings...
Both were flying at high altitude/s... I thought they were commercial jets travelling a very long distance... Both, at some point in their respective journeys, changed course, then flew out of the Earth's atmosphere (and out of sight).

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: FearYourMind

Sorry, you're right.
It was a suggestion of how the poster may be able to use his camera. The description was very close to an ISS pass.

Well best way I can describe the size is if you were to stretch your arm all the way out and make a fist. Your fist would be about the size of this thing. Nothing like the ISS or any satellite.

Looked very similar to what is in this video. (Excuse the music). This is pretty much exactly what I saw though.

But that's just so similar to what the ISS is like, and the trajectories you gave is are also easily compatible and the ISS is so very bright. Phage is just pointing out that above all else, the ISS is only a mystery if you don't know where it is at any given time just because it is so bright, so knowing the whereabouts of the ISS at any given time is first point of call.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I've had at least a dozen or so.
Only one in the daytime. It was a metallic, cylindrical object...cigar shaped with what looked like portholes down the side...a bright white light at each end pointing down and two small flashing lights on the top in the center. It was much larger than any passenger jet and had no wings.
The others have all been lights in the sky making seemingly impossible maneuvers.
Two of these have been at close range and were clusters of multiple flickering lights...maybe 15 or 20 foot in the widest dimension. They seemed to be attached to an object, but I could not make out a shape. The lights were blinding.
I've seen one of these land and it mimicked flashes I made with a flashlight.
Pardon the brevity of my descriptions, but I am too lazy to write a book at present.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

Sorry, you're right.

But that's just so similar to what the ISS is like, and the trajectories you gave is are also easily compatible and the ISS is so very bright. Phage is just pointing out that above all else, the ISS is only a mystery if you don't know where it is at any given time just because it is so bright, so knowing the whereabouts of the ISS at any given time is first point of call.

Yeah, but the ISS doesn't fly 400 ft or so above your house. Trust me, I've watched the ISS many times. This was a LARGE ball of light just above the tree line.
edit on 8-11-2014 by FearYourMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I usually look up in the sky at night when the stars are almost all visible . I can assure you that I have seen , along with my friends , in many many instances , bright objects which behave soo oddly that gives you chill from head to the toe . Some appear from nowhere , moves in a direction , almost at a constant pace and disappear right in front of your eyes . In other instances , when you are observing one bright object , then from nowhere comes another similar object that moves in totally different direction and so on . These moments are the ones that makes me search for more .

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I have… seen things you people wouldn't believe… Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those… moments… will be lost in time, like tears… in… rain.

But i have seen things, like the black triangle,silver orbs ect.
I am open to E.T, but i am sure most of it is government B.O

I have said it before, why do UFO need lights? (TR3B would)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
In the San Luis valley of Southern Colorado, I have seen many different forms of lights/crafts and other anomalies.
Also experienced other types of high strangeness some with a strange religious content.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

Sorry, you're right.

I thought I made it clear that I regularly keep up with available ISS sightings along with any other astronomical events because I am a amateur astronomer and love astrophotography opportunities. The ISS isn't all that bright really. It basically looks like any other satellite, but brighter. This was a BALL of light, very close, not far. Please, don't insult my intelligence any further.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I've had several through the years. The best was in the mid '60s. One of my older sisters and I were about to step out our front door when we spotted the proverbial "flying saucer" passing in front of our house from our left to right about a hundred yards away and about fifty feet or so off the ground. It was moving slowly and silently and it was broad daylight. We watched until it went out of sight behind some trees. What's weird is that we didn't even talk about it afterwards. The next morning, on the school bus, I asked my best friend if he had seen it because it was going towards his house. He just made fun of me for asking such a question so I never mentioned it to anyone again until I was an adult. I asked my sister about it once and she just gave me an odd look and said she didn't remember anything about it. Something about the craft that didn't dawn on me until much later; I think it must have been man made because it was held together with rivets on the seams like an airplane. About this time I remember that there were a lot of people reporting strange lights in the sky at night. There was even something about them in the local paper. The explanation was that it was the Air Force taking pictures (at night?). I believe that the UFOs have multiple origins. Probably more than we can even imagine.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Had a few strange light in my 60 year 30 living in the bush

Have a sky camera got this one that is a bit of a mystery
Most meteor site said it does not act or look like a meteor
Now here the kicker sky was overcast at 5100 feet that night
So this thing broke through the cloud at 5100 feet and got much lower

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fisherr
I have… seen things you people wouldn't believe… Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those… moments… will be lost in time, like tears… in… rain.

But i have seen things, like the black triangle,silver orbs ect.
I am open to E.T, but i am sure most of it is government B.O

I have said it before, why do UFO need lights? (TR3B would)

starred because you quoted from the greatest movie ever

edit on R2014th2014-11-08T21:35:13-06:0020140pm3114 by RoScoLaz4 because: fix spelling

ps. why do UFOs need lights? when they want us to see them.
edit on R2014th2014-11-08T21:37:00-06:0020140pm3114 by RoScoLaz4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I've had 3, and a 4th possible one. Two were during the day. All of these occurred in Pennsylvania, and it may be worth mentioning that I lived within driving distance of the Fort Indiantown Gap military base.

1. Woke up one morning and saw that it was a nice sunny day out, so I went to my bedroom window and looked out. Pretty much right down the road, close enough that I could've shot it, was a black half-oval with a round top and flat bottom and no visible features, slowly hovering through the air. Back then I didn't have any sort of camera or cell phone with camera capabilities... The only camera in the house was this big old thing and I had no idea where my parents kept it. I didn't want to leave the window to look for it and miss anything. I watched the ufo until my vision of it was obscured by trees. This particular sighting makes me really curious, because what are the chances that I wake up at the precise time to look out my window and see a ufo in broad daylight right down the road? I have to wonder if I'm some kind of abductee or something.

2. I went outside on the deck to smoke a cigarette one day. I was looking at the trees, and saw what looked like a metallic ball way up about jet level absolutely hauling @ss in a straight line.

3. I was driving home one night. Before I got to my road, there's farmland I drove past. Right above the open land, not far from the road, was a bright light hovering. It was like if a spotlight was shining right at you, but there were no beams of light, just the light itself. I figured it was probably a helicopter, so I stopped and put my window down, but heard absolutely no sound whatsoever (if it was a helicopter at that distance, it would have been pretty loud). Another car came down the road from the other direction and saw it too and slowed down to look, but eventually kept going. Shortly afterwards, the light moved away towards the horizon. The light didn't seem to turn or change intensity or anything, it simply moved away.

4. Was driving home one night and saw weird lights hovering down low and thought they were a helicopter. When I got to my driveway I got out of my car and walked around the side of my house to look, but they were gone.

Now that I think about it, it's really weird that I saw all 4 of these things either from my house or right near it.
edit on 11/8/2014 by trollz because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join