It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Confirms Loretta Lynch Will Be Nominated For AG

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
President Obama expected to nominate Loretta Lynch as attorney general

Washington (CNN) -- 6:06 p.m. EST -- The White House confirmed Friday night that President Obama will nominate Loretta Lynch to become the next attorney general.

Loretta Lynch, the U.S. attorney in Brooklyn, is expected to be President Barack Obama's pick for attorney general, U.S. officials briefed on the matter said.

An announcement is expected in the coming days, though the timing is complicated by the president's plans to travel to Asia this weekend.

I don't know anything about Loretta Lynch except what I've read/heard today. It didn't sound like she'd be a particularly controversial nominee but then she's most recently led the prosecution against Michael Grimm for tax fraud and his claim is that the whole affair is politically motivated.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

This should tell us all we need to know. She'll be a Holder clone, set to do Obama's bidding.

www.msn.com...

Lynch developed a close relationship with Holder through her work on the attorney general's advisory committee, which she has chaired since the beginning of 2013.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I think that anybody appointed by Obama to AG or anything else will be basically an Obama/Holder clone esp, if it's gets done before the new Senate/Congress is seated in January. After January it will be much harder, so I'm pretty sure they'll get it done before then.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

It wouldn't matter if it was Jesus nominated to be AG....the Republicans will obstruct the process all the way.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I think the obstruction has been Obama, Holder, and his minions not the other way around! Liberals whining about obstruction is like the pot calling the kettle black (no pun intended) Liberal obstruction, Obamacare, benghazi, irs, fast and furious. All those are at the hands of the liberal democrats! Get a clue!!!

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

This should tell us all we need to know. She'll be a Holder clone, set to do Obama's bidding.

www.msn.com...

Lynch developed a close relationship with Holder through her work on the attorney general's advisory committee, which she has chaired since the beginning of 2013.

he probably recommended her

hope she read-up on the border crossing problems

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: sirlancelot
I think the obstruction has been Obama, Holder, and his minions not the other way around! Liberals whining about obstruction is like the pot calling the kettle black (no pun intended) Liberal obstruction, Obamacare, benghazi, irs, fast and furious. All those are at the hands of the liberal democrats! Get a clue!!!

Well, those things have nothing to do with position nominations and stonewalling the process. Both parties have a habit of doing so, so I expect the same in this case.

Nice rant though......feel better?

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

The head of the Department of Justice should be impartial and fulfill his/her duties according to the rule of law.

Ideally, this should be a no-brainer.

But as we've seen in the past (Holder) the rule of law can be followed/ignored/abused according to the political climate.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
The worms always know where the bodies are buried.

Backup Plan "B" underway.

Check.Please

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

She is an "X" Employee of the Federal Reserve Bank . I wonder what Ron Paul has to surmise about that ....Hmm...

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I've been neighbors with Loretta for the last 6 years. I'll be honest and tell you, I never knew what she did for a living until this morning when I saw her picture on Drudge. All I can say is she's been a cordial and good neighbor, who always says hello and has no issues exchanging pleasantries or just talking about the weather. She lives what I would consider an unassuming lifestyle and drives a really unassuming car. Her husband is a gentleman as well. All around, she's a nice person in my book. I have no idea about her politics as she has never worn that on her sleeve, but I can't envision her as desiring to be a master of the universe or even serving one who desires to be.

Kind of odd seeing her face in the news early this morning and saying to myself - "Hey that's Loretta! She's going to be nominated for Attorney General of the United States?" I wish her well.

Oh and for the record, I'm no Obama supporter and I live in a sea of Obama supporters.
edit on 11343Fridayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

Yea, I can imagine that would be quite a trip! Small world eh?

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Yea, I can imagine that would be quite a trip! Small world eh?

Yeah I mean I've seen the woman heading out to work wearing her pink slippers as she waits for car service to come pick her up.

She and I vied for a parking spot a few weeks ago. Neither of us knew who was driving the other vehicle. When I saw it was her I relinquished the spot

I hope she gets the gig. May only be for two years, but that position will put her well into another category for employment after it's over.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

We've had worse than Holder in recent memory. Ashcroft for one — how quickly we forget his snitch line, TIA, etc. Reno was embroiled in all sorts of scandals. Going back further, there was Edwin Meese who survived quite a few dings only to resign during the Wedtech scandal. Holder gets saddled with Fast and Furious, but gunwalking operations were going on back to 2006, 3 AGs before Holder.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Definitely, former AGs get good gigs with think tanks, paid speaking engagements, advisory positions, etc.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Well she can't be worse than Holder. I hope she does a good honest job. I had a boss once who wanted me to sort of spy on other employees. I told him I wouldn't do it. (It was one employee in particular he wanted to find something - anything on, who he could have just fired.) He said "oh yes you will". I didn't and we never spoke of it again. I hope she has the same kind of character.

new topics

top topics

join