It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP in charge, eager to move on Keystone XL, taxes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Looks like the Republicans want to move on many stalled issues now that they have Congress under control.

House Speaker Boehner has a few things in mind specifically....

The Keystone XL Pipeline, Immigration, and of course, some changes to Obama.Care.

Boehner also cautions Obama not to play with matches !!! (we'll see about that one won't we).

WASHINGTON (AP) — House Speaker John Boehner on Thursday sketched out an agenda for the new, all-Republican Congress, promising approval of the Keystone XL pipeline and changes in the health care law while issuing a warning to President Barack Obama on immigration.

In his first postelection news conference, Boehner cautioned Obama not to act unilaterally to change the immigration system, saying it would poison the well in terms of trying to pass legislation over the next two years on the issue.

"When you play with matches, you run the risk of burning yourself, and he's going to burn himself if he continues to go down this path," Boehner told reporters.

GOP in charge, eager to move on Keystone XL, taxes

What Can Possibly Go Wrong?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I watched his presser. I loved it, every single time a reporter asked about keeping Obama happy, Boehner kept saying, I'm going to do what the people want. They have spoken loud and clear. Being friends with Obama is not my job, doing the will of the people is. He kept repeating, the people have spoken I'm going to do what they want.

Just loved it....

I hope he lives up to those words. I had thought he'd been permanently neutered...hopefully he grew a set.

Des

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Immigration? Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!!!

The Republicans will never solve the immigration problem because they refuse to go after the main cause of illegal immigration. Which is the companies, who heavily donate to the political parties, that hire them knowing they only face a slap on the wrist if they get caught.

I think the only change you might see on immigration is a an increase in the number of H-1B workers allowed in order to replace higher paid American workers.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

GOP is the party of no. As in make a lot of noise and do nothing. Time for a change now? Let's just see shall we? It's showtime.

So first on the priority list is a pipeline through the US and rolling back access to heath care. Not surprising to me. I would genuinely like to hear why the Keystone pipeline is a net benefit to anyone except payback the energy interests for campaign contributions.

On immigration, they will continue to be the party of nothing except lying. All he provided was a warning for POTUS not to do anything unilateral. Read it again. Not one word about anything changing or doing anything themselves.

All you anti-immigrant types out there, are in for a disappointment. I urge you to demand actual ideas and public service from the GOP. So maybe that is building a fence 20' high and forcibly deporting people. Whatever poison you want, I don't care. Anything to expose this massive GOP ruse on immigration. I don't get why people fall for it.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Fools......Fools......this is called controlled opposition dear readers. The will of the people.........really.

What they should be saying is we need to follow the constitution again. The farther off the path we stray the more the country falls apart. An entire framework has been built around our previous system to circumvent this truly brilliant document.

The political back and forth is nothing more than theater for the pawns at the bottom. Think I am crazy or I am wrong.......Who would have thought Obama would end up being a pro-war president or that he would have signed the patriot act. He was actually against both of these things until he gained power and answered to the real masters.

PTB will say what you want to hear they will make you hope again. Hope has become a wall around liberty and with every passing year it becomes higher.
edit on 6-11-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

The only thing that should be changed about obamacare would be to repeal it completely.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

GOP is the party of no. As in make a lot of noise and do nothing. Time for a change now? Let's just see shall we? It's showtime.

So first on the priority list is a pipeline through the US and rolling back access to heath care. Not surprising to me. I would genuinely like to hear why the Keystone pipeline is a net benefit to anyone except payback the energy interests for campaign contributions.

On immigration, they will continue to be the party of nothing except lying. All he provided was a warning for POTUS not to do anything unilateral. Read it again. Not one word about anything changing or doing anything themselves.

All you anti-immigrant types out there, are in for a disappointment. I urge you to demand actual ideas and public service from the GOP. So maybe that is building a fence 20' high and forcibly deporting people. Whatever poison you want, I don't care. Anything to expose this massive GOP ruse on immigration. I don't get why people fall for it.

How many bills are sitting on Harry Reid's desk??????

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Just to keep the record, er, straight ...

So now Xuenchen, you and your cohorts here at ATS are all for big government action, catering to special interests, and one of the three branches of government acting unilaterally?

Is that what I'm hearing? No worries about vote integrity, massive voter fraud, massive voting machine fraud, massive anything-else-we-can-think-of-fraud ... because "your team" won?

That's the take-away? Vote suppression worked, less than 1% of The People "spoke" and now, everything is hunky-dorey and Congress should now actually pass laws?

LOL.

Thanks for not disappointing, friends on the Right ... at least you all are consistent.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

The Keystone XL Pipeline is all about being able to export the sludge from oil shale overseas for profit. It will create alot of jobs to build it but they won't last long then after that it will be a money pit for maintenance but as long as tax payers fund it so big oil gets there profits I guess it worth fighting for??

So after refusing to submit much less vote on a emigration bill, now that's somehow a priority? Obama should issue a EO on this and force them to into action on the matter.

I don't really trust republicans on the economy or taxes, bet its the same ole tax breaks for the rich??

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

They got a majority of 35% of voters, right? This gives them a mandate to rule unquestionably??

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Oh, and by-the-by ... if the Red Congress truly believes that President Obama has broken the law, why haven't they had the Sergeant-at-Arms go arrest him? I mean, if his treasonous and illegal actions are as clear-cut and obvious as the Republicans claim, it seems ... disingenuous at best not to, right?

Here, here's a quick list:

1. Have the House Sergeant-at-Arms report to The White House and arrest the traitor Obama on January 3, 2015.

2. Bring the Articles of Impeachment listing Mr. Obama's crimes to the floor of the House.

3. Repeal the ACA in full on the first day of the first session of the 114th Congress (the Red Congress). No excuse.

4. Pass legislation to expulse all 11 million or so illegal aliens. On the first day, while there's still time.

5. Pass legislation making abortion a capital Federal crime (equivalent to murder, right?). Spontaneous abortions should NOT be excluded; women should take some responsibility and have control of their bodies, right?

6. Resubmit the Federal Marriage Amendment (to the Constitution) federally defining marriage as between one man and one woman. Remember, States Rights only matter when the Democrats are in power.

Failing any of these, admit that you have failed your "mandate" and lied to the American people.

link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

They got a majority of 35% of voters, right? This gives them a mandate to rule unquestionably??

Sounds like it's the voters fault now.

link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Please, by all means, let's.

So now Xuenchen, you and your cohorts here at ATS are all for big government action, catering to special interests, and one of the three branches of government acting unilaterally?

*scratches head.* Isn't that like saying, "How long has it been since you stopped beating small kittens with a spatula?" (for the record, for me, 3 days)

Is that what I'm hearing?

I hear voices in my head, but they stutter so much I can't find out who I'm supposed to attack.

No worries about vote integrity, massive voter fraud, massive voting machine fraud, massive anything-else-we-can-think-of-fraud ... because "your team" won?

Who claims that? You? I think all cases should be investigated. But we know who runs the Justice Department. *wink*

That's the take-away?

My take-away is usually chicken vindaloo, but that's because I have a sinus issue.

Vote suppression worked, less than 1% of The People "spoke" and now, everything is hunky-dorey and Congress should now actually pass laws?

It did? Where? Do you have proof? Less than 1% spoke. But that's our system. How many "spoke" during the last mid-term or even presidential election? Why are we doing math problems now.

No-one said there was going to be maths. I didn't study. Is it graded on a curve? Can I phone a friend?

LOL.

Thanks for not disappointing.
edit on 6-11-2014 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

You'll have to keep your ear to the track now.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

The margin of Republican versus non-Republican votes was around 3.3 million (to the Republicans).

This represents about 2% of US Citizens who are registered to vote.

Is that a mandate or a landslide?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Is that what I'm hearing? No worries about vote integrity, massive voter fraud, massive voting machine fraud, massive anything-else-we-can-think-of-fraud ... because "your team" won?

That's the take-away? Vote suppression worked, less than 1% of The People "spoke" and now, everything is hunky-dorey and Congress should now actually pass laws?

LOL.

Thanks for not disappointing, friends on the Right ... at least you all are consistent.

Please cite sources regarding less than 1% of the people voting and also on "voter suppression." Specifically, who was suppressed, and where?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Kaploink

Not to mention that no one wants to seriously talk about ending the War on Drugs which is funneling money to the cartels which causes the violence and mayhem in the countries south of the border. This in turn forces peaceful families to flee their home countries to this country.

Try to bring up cartel discussion in any illegal immigration discussion and watch how quickly the topic is changed.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Great commentary Beezer!

We can always depend on your humorous opinion even when it is completely irrelevant or flies directly in the face of the facts!

Good to know there are some things we can always count on!

As for proof of the 1% figure, consider the margin by which the Republicans won yesterday nationwide which was 3,464,960 (considering votes for US Senate) compared with 206,072,000 Americans that would be eligible to vote ...

2,464,960 / 206,072,000 = 0.0168.

Source - US Voting Statistics - Statisticsbrain.com - US Census data Summary

Fair enough. Let's call it 2% then.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

Ameilia, see my post above to Beezer. 1.6% actually, rounded to 2% would be a more accurate claim.

You'll have to pardon my slight miscalculations; I've been so EXCITED about the Republican win.

As far as voter suppression? Here are about 931,000 or so links to citations on that subject.

If you'd like discuss one in detail, I'll be glad to respond.

If you'd like to offer counter-evidence that proves that voter suppression has not happened, I'll be glad to respond.
edit on 15Thu, 06 Nov 2014 15:21:09 -060014p0320141166 by Gryphon66 because: S removed

edit on 15Thu, 06 Nov 2014 15:29:16 -060014p0320141166 by Gryphon66 because: Corrected spelling of Ameilia's name; beg pardon.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

a reply to: LDragonFire

The margin of Republican versus non-Republican votes was around 3.3 million (to the Republicans).

This represents about 2% of US Citizens who are registered to vote.

Is that a mandate or a landslide?

Mandated Landslide !!!

(So was the Bush election in 2000)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join