It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP in charge, eager to move on Keystone XL, taxes

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5
a reply to: xuenchen

Keystone XL a top priority?

A pipeline running from CANADA to use OUR gulf port so TRANSCANADA can rake in Billions??

We get all the environmental risk, they get all the money..

Plus... TransCanada has been paying off ...ahem...I mean "convincing"...local state officials to SEIZE PRIVATE US LAND from ranchers on their behalf!
TransCanada Tries To Seize U.S. Land For Keystone Pipeline
www.forbes.com...

THIS is the GOPS big fix for the USA??? A pipeline for Canada???

God help us..

Yeah well there Indigo ?

That is 'infrastructure' spending the current potus has been clamouring for.

Now its' 'infrastructure' =bad!

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit

this i agree with. if we are going to go down the route of Obamacare, then for the love of God make it a system like Canada. Perfect? No. But the US system sucks no matter how you slice it. It can't get any worse, unless we plan on emulating west Africa. But Obamacare is nothing but enormous amounts of paperwork (for patients, employers, insurers, and doctors), the leashing of your health information to the IRS, and increased prices/decreased service.

RE: the OP....it is laughable that all of a sudden Boehner is a populist leader. Im surprised he didn't start crying, too.

It is amazing how easily people allow themselves to be funneled into playing along with this farce. These are the same folks who have been screwing us around forever.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

RE: the OP....it is laughable that all of a sudden Boehner is a populist leader. Im surprised he didn't start crying, too.

Well that is how the left, and the current potus got their jobs.

Basically because 'Not a Republican' was 'popular'.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Its exactly how it works. The president pisses off the people in his second term, and everyone switches turns.

Excepting when they all get caught kiting checks, anyway.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: LDragonFire

The margin of Republican versus non-Republican votes was around 3.3 million (to the Republicans).

This represents about 2% of US Citizens who are registered to vote.

Is that a mandate or a landslide?

Yo then please by all means tell us.

Why did the left stay home ?

They have more 'pressing needs' that to get off the sofa and stop watching American idol to keep them evil Republicans out of power.

Guess they did.

Mandate or Landslide Neo ... you didn't weigh in.

See, that's the thing, I do my best to deal in facts as I did in the snippet you quoted.

You like to concentrate on opinions, which is what you're asking me for.

Perhaps, "the left" just decided en masse to let the Republicans have a go at it? I mean, given the constant Republican assertion that all Democrats are part of a "hive-mind" I suppose (if that were true) they could have all made that decision ...

But, let's not get too far away from ourselves. The margin of victory for the Republicans yesterday, at least in the races for US Senate, was about 5%.

Does that count as a "landsliding mandate" in your book, Neo?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

i think that it is more that there really is no "left" or "right" in this country. People may get online and argue their partisn politics. But that is the vocal minority. Most people....they just choose the lesser of two evils. Because the slop tastes good, I guess.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Does that count as a "landsliding mandate" in your book, Neo?

Well considering picking up 7 Senate seats.

There are over 30 Republican governors now out of the '57' states.

Yeah I would call that a mandate.

I would call the Democrats got their butts handed to them, and it was justly deserved.

But then again.

All our elections are nothing but rinse, and repeats.
edit on 6-11-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

But what about that pipeline?

Good or Bad IYO?

How about any positive changes to Obama.Care?

I know this is confusing.

That pipeline crosses one of the greatest aquifers in this land, problems could exist.

ObamaCare needs some fixes.

How is that for a centerist approach?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I for one am EXCITED about what the Republicans are going to do!

If they just arrest President Obama for treason, and impeach Biden for ... whatever ... then Boehner can be President!

TRI-fecta!

Seriously, please provide the charges. Trying to impeach Obama will bite the GOP hardcore in the backside.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

... or they refuse to choose at all ...

As we saw again yesterday.

/sigh

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

If they just arrest President Obama for treason, and impeach Biden for ... whatever ... then Boehner can be President!

TRI-fecta!

Seriously, please provide the charges. Trying to impeach Obama will bite the GOP hardcore in the backside.

Really? Do you think so? Bite them in the backside you say?

I hadn't thought of that.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

So, it's not important at all that the big win only only represents a 5% overall difference (at least in the Senate races) between Americans who voted for Republicans and those who votedf for not-Republicans?

Or that the difference represents less than 2% of the Electorate, nationwide?

What is actually required for a "mandate" in your mind, Neo?

Republicans won; Democrats lost -- no question.

As I keep saying, I'm EXCITED to see what the Republicans do!

PS: There were 29 Republican Governors on Monday, Neo. So they picked up one net seat? Fluff me, YOU'RE RIGHT! It's a miracle!
edit on 21Thu, 06 Nov 2014 21:04:34 -060014p0920141166 by Gryphon66 because: Sign

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Has anyone noticed that the last 30/40 years following Reagan Doctrince of 'supply-side economics' (repugs and dems alike) and social repression (mostly repug trait) have been the worst time in the last hundred years in the US?

It's insanity. Inanity being doing the same things over and over and hoping for a different outcome each time.

Again, show me one verifiable instance of 'austerity' working for the benefit of common people. Just one. Or perhaps one, again verifiable, case of tricle down economics helping any one other then the wealthy? No hear-say or story telling please.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

But Reagan had a Democrat House to deal with all 8 years.

It could have been compromise in action.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Reagan's situation was exactly the same as the last four years ... his party controlled the White House and the Senate.

And goodness knows, to hear Republicans tell it, Obama and the Democrats have had the government in a stranglehold of Tyranny, right?

I'm sure Mr. Reagan, with his great wisdom and insight, could have done at least as well as Obama, right?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

TRI-fecta!

Really? Do you think so? Bite them in the backside you say?

I hadn't thought of that.

Not saying the Democrats are any different, but the Republican party is seriously fractured, hard core views at the point they hold both houses of congress, will not do them well with the general public. Just a thought.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Here's my favorite part of the OP:

Boehner defended most of the newcomers to the ranks of House Republicans after he was asked about one who has said Hillary Rodham Clinton is the "antichrist" and another who said family members of victims of the Sandy Hook elementary shootings should get over the experience.

"When you look at the vast majority of the new members that are coming in here, they're really solid members," he said.

And we're not even to Day One of the Red Congress ... heheh, HAHAHA.

"They're really solid members ..."

*dances a little jig*

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd
Has anyone noticed that the last 30/40 years following Reagan Doctrince of 'supply-side economics' (repugs and dems alike) and social repression (mostly repug trait) have been the worst time in the last hundred years in the US?

It's insanity. Inanity being doing the same things over and over and hoping for a different outcome each time.

Again, show me one verifiable instance of 'austerity' working for the benefit of common people. Just one. Or perhaps one, again verifiable, case of tricle down economics helping any one other then the wealthy? No hear-say or story telling please.

Congress, neither party is worried about the common person. They are both pandering to 1% while they pretend to care about the others. All congress wants to do is line their pockets, and they don't give an F about anything else. Each and everyone of them.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Here's my favorite part of the OP:

Boehner defended most of the newcomers to the ranks of House Republicans after he was asked about one who has said Hillary Rodham Clinton is the "antichrist" and another who said family members of victims of the Sandy Hook elementary shootings should get over the experience.

"When you look at the vast majority of the new members that are coming in here, they're really solid members," he said.

And we're not even to Day One of the Red Congress ... heheh, HAHAHA.

"They're really solid members ..."

*dances a little jig*

The media quotes ought to be interesting.
edit on 11/6/2014 by BubbaJoe because: because I can't read code

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Whoever asked that loaded question must certainly be a jealous left wing operative.

Those types are never concerned about issues.

I wonder if the same reporter asked about immigration?

Hmmm.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join