It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP in charge, eager to move on Keystone XL, taxes

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

For example ...

WASHINGTON -- Voters in Iowa elected Republican Joni Ernst to the U.S. Senate on Tuesday, making her the state's first woman senator.

Ernst, a state senator and lieutenant colonel in the Iowa National Guard, catapulted to stardom during the GOP primary with ads featuring her castrating hogs and pulling a handgun from her purse.

Huffington Post

Now just so I'm clear Iowa members who may have seen this commercial ... did future Senator Ernst castrate with one hand and draw her sidearm with the other? Were there teeth involved at all?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: xuenchen

Reagan's situation was exactly the same as the last four years ... his party controlled the White House and the Senate.

And goodness knows, to hear Republicans tell it, Obama and the Democrats have had the government in a stranglehold of Tyranny, right?

I'm sure Mr. Reagan, with his great wisdom and insight, could have done at least as well as Obama, right?

Interesting fact, Mr. Reagan and Mr. Tip O'Neil used to sit and have cocktails after 5, at the White House, will always wonder if Mr. Boehner would be willing to do that?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

a reply to: BubbaJoe

For example ...

WASHINGTON -- Voters in Iowa elected Republican Joni Ernst to the U.S. Senate on Tuesday, making her the state's first woman senator.

Ernst, a state senator and lieutenant colonel in the Iowa National Guard, catapulted to stardom during the GOP primary with ads featuring her castrating hogs and pulling a handgun from her purse.

Huffington Post

Now just so I'm clear Iowa members who may have seen this commercial ... did future Senator Ernst castrate with one hand and draw her sidearm with the other? Were there teeth involved at all?

Two separate ads, but thanks for the really bad visual, and no teeth involved.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: FyreByrd

But Reagan had a Democrat House to deal with all 8 years.

It could have been compromise in action.

Aint it funny how they rail against Reagan ?

Since Reagan was a Democrat until he saw the light.

LOL.
edit on 6-11-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

LOL.

Hell even JFK would be ran out of todays Democratic party if he were alive.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Totally irrelevant response. As I stated the doctrine has been followed by both parties in most respects.

Still - I've seen no evidence - that this 'policy' works at all - for anyone except the very wealthy.

Do you have any evidence, real and verifible, that any of this "Voodoo" (as Bush 1 called it) crap works for the common person?

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: Ameilia

You ask for evidence, but refuse to even look at it once it's presented to you.

Then you turn right around and make your own claim, without providing any evidence at all and expect us to just accept it.

That's priceless.

There's a misunderstanding somewhere. I didn't make a claim. You made a claim that 'voter suppression' was successful, and I asked for proof, making no claims of my own.

Your response was not to provide proof, but instead to provide a link to Nancy Pelosi on Google with nearly 1,000,000 results. I'm not reading 1,000,000 (nor would any sane person) to prove your point.

What's priceless is your failure to provide any one bit of evidence to back up your claim, while also being rude. There's no need to be so embarrassed you got called out - it's ATS - most posters will call for proof on something they haven't heard of - if you haven't got any evidence, just say so.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Whoa whoa whoa!!! Cool them jets there lady and retract the claws for a second. You got the wrong person here. While it was I who made a comment to you, it was actually Gryphon66 who you were debating with. Please save your venom for her, thank you.

I was not posting links or anything else and I'm not responsible for whatever the hell it is you two were talking about.

Ok, that's it. We cool??? I hope so....If not, well that's ok too.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Whoa whoa whoa!!! Cool them jets there lady and retract the claws for a second. You got the wrong person here. While it was I who made a comment to you, it was actually Gryphon66 who you were debating with. Please save your venom for her, thank you.

I was not posting links or anything else and I'm not responsible for whatever the hell it is you two were talking about.

Ok, that's it. We cool??? I hope so....If not, well that's ok too.

I did actually mean to reply to the other poster who posted Google results instead of one shred of evidence - I'm sorry I got you instead. No venom, so yes, we are 'cool' but I'm not editing the above response (I only edit for grammar/punctuation).

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   

LOL.

Hell even JFK would be ran out of todays Democratic party if he were alive.

Wouldn't Reagan also be run out of the republican party? Challenged by a tea party candidate violating Reagan's golden rule about republican must not attack other republicans? Wouldn't he be labeled a Rhino??

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   

The issue of voter suppression has been discussed in every media venue and in innumerable threads here at ATS for many years. Your feigned ignorance does not require any exhaustive effort on my part to provide well-known and easily accessible information to you. It's like asking for "evidence" for global warming, or Ebola, or gravity.

I provided you easy access to all the information and backup and evidence you might need if you are genuinely ignorant of commonly known facts. I did not and will not elaborate on it further here because voter suppression is not the topic of this thread.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Waiting for your audit and accounting figures to be posted.....

Clarity counts.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5
a reply to: xuenchen

Keystone XL a top priority?

A pipeline running from CANADA to use OUR gulf port so TRANSCANADA can rake in Billions??

We get all the environmental risk, they get all the money..

Plus... TransCanada has been paying off ...ahem...I mean "convincing"...local state officials to SEIZE PRIVATE US LAND from ranchers on their behalf!
TransCanada Tries To Seize U.S. Land For Keystone Pipeline
www.forbes.com...

THIS is the GOPS big fix for the USA??? A pipeline for Canada???

God help us..

Yeah well there Indigo ?

That is 'infrastructure' spending the current potus has been clamouring for.

Now its' 'infrastructure' =bad!

Infrastructure...as in...Lets not have that bridge collapse underneath me on my way to work..

NOT Infrastructure...A way for oil barons around the world to get rich.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I hope they get the same response that Obama has gotten from them for the last 6 years. An absolute veto of every single thing they try to do. Turnabout is fair play. Let's watch them be frustrated. Oh yeah, when they can't do anything because he filibusters ahem, I mean Vetoes everything he should point out how incompetent and ineffective the republican congress is. They deserve it.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: damwel
I hope they get the same response that Obama has gotten from them for the last 6 years. An absolute veto of every single thing they try to do. Turnabout is fair play. Let's watch them be frustrated. Oh yeah, when they can't do anything because he filibusters ahem, I mean Vetoes everything he should point out how incompetent and ineffective the republican congress is. They deserve it.

Stagnation saves money right?

Can't see shadows with the lights off.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

The issue of voter suppression has been discussed in every media venue and in innumerable threads here at ATS for many years. Your feigned ignorance does not require any exhaustive effort on my part to provide well-known and easily accessible information to you. It's like asking for "evidence" for global warming, or Ebola, or gravity.

I provided you easy access to all the information and backup and evidence you might need if you are genuinely ignorant of commonly known facts. I did not and will not elaborate on it further here because voter suppression is not the topic of this thread.

That`s strange about voter suppression that I have never seen or experienced nor anyone i have ever heard of,me and my ilk being minorities and all.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Infrastructure...as in...Lets not have that bridge collapse underneath me on my way to work..

Actually 'infracstructure' spending as in yet another union BALIOUT.

Since nothing is built today that isn't done by unions.

Especially when it comes to 'public' works.

Which means it takes 10 times as long, and costs 10 times as much.

And 'infrastructure' like China's ghost citiies.

LOL where do you think the potus got the idear.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

And 'infrastructure' like China's ghost citiies.

LOL where do you think the potus got the idear.

WTF? Can't go anywhere with that reality disconnect...I don't know? Maybe watch the news once in a while?

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Yeah that is some 'disconnect'.

Yeah I do watch the news do you?

Stuff like this on it:

Nobody’s home: The ghost cities of China

Someone needs to explain what the hell good is a shiny new bridges, and roads when people ain't got no effing job to use them.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96
I remember when we elected a new governor in PA some years ago and the new governor decided that we needed new infrastructure. The state removed a lot of old but serviceable bridges all over the state. One was a 50 year old iron bridge that saw two cars and a tractor on a busy day. The brand new concrete bridge that they installed in September washed out the following January.
Oh, that governor, he entered office with a cash surplus in the State Treasury, left with a deficit.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join