It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP in charge, eager to move on Keystone XL, taxes

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

You ask for evidence, but refuse to even look at it once it's presented to you.

Then you turn right around and make your own claim, without providing any evidence at all and expect us to just accept it.

That's priceless.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Keystone XL a top priority?

A pipeline running from CANADA to use OUR gulf port so TRANSCANADA can rake in Billions??

We get all the environmental risk, they get all the money..

Plus... TransCanada has been paying off ...ahem...I mean "convincing"...local state officials to SEIZE PRIVATE US LAND from ranchers on their behalf!
TransCanada Tries To Seize U.S. Land For Keystone Pipeline
www.forbes.com...

THIS is the GOPS big fix for the USA??? A pipeline for Canada???

God help us..

edit on 6-11-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Now we're in big trouble.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

THIS is the GOPS big fix for the USA??? A pipeline for Canada???

God help us..

It could be worse.

This WAS the GOP fix for the economy before the pipeline came up. . . . . . .

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Here is the unspoken non-partisan truth...

Last time the GOP had both houses, 8 years ago..they also had the WH...It was a clustereff...unpaid wars, crazy spending, followed by near economic collapse.

The time before that...when the GOP had both houses of congress (but NOT the WH under Clinton)...the economy did great, debt fell, budgets balanced.

If we ignore the uncertainty that the TP interjects in dividing the GOP agenda...There is a possibility that the GOP owning Congress with an opposing party in the WH is a good and productive arrangement for the country.

BUT...GOP owning both houses of congress + WH?...Bad, very bad.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

A pipeline running from CANADA to use OUR gulf port so TRANSCANADA can rake in Billions??

Transportation, distribution, and marketing account for approx 8% of oil costs.

Trans Canada will be making a percentage of that 8%.

The bulk of the money is made at extraction, upgrading, and refinement.

The bulk of Keystone XL's upgrading and refinement will occur in the US, taxes, fees, etc, payable to the US Federal government, as well as the State governments that the upgraders/refineries reside in.

Does a shipping company 'own' my product when they carry it? No. Neither does Trans Canada own the bitumen/oil that they transport.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I don't know.

But rest assured, I'll be just as critical of GOP actions/lies as I was of DNC lies/actions.

The country no longer has the luxury of time to determine if programs and policies will work sometime "down the road".

We need real solutions now or the country will tank, regardless of who is driving.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

I'm sorry Ameilia that you didn't bother to look at the evidence I provided.

You know, modern search engines rank the relevance of the links returned, so if you bothered to look at the evidence, rather than "going on what you know" ...

Voter suppression, at best, is a subject that has very clear (and I would think well-publicized) data presented in almost every media outlet, political blog, etc for the last decade or so. I can't believe, quite frankly, you are unfamiliar with the reasoning.

At any rate, I did not go into great detail, because voter suppression is not the subject of OP's thread.

I claim it does happen, I provided links to evidence; you say it doesn't happen, and provided, nothing.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

We need real solutions now or the country will tank, regardless of who is driving.

In keeping with the non-partisan truth here...

Don't hold your breath for real solutions from DC, Dem or GOP. We have done economically OK so far with grid-lock, recovered some...better than the opposite. I am a little afraid to find out what "action" from the crew in DC looks like

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I for one am EXCITED about what the Republicans are going to do!

If they just arrest President Obama for treason, and impeach Biden for ... whatever ... then Boehner can be President!

TRI-fecta!

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420

Does a shipping company 'own' my product when they carry it? No. Neither does Trans Canada own the bitumen/oil that they transport.

uhhh... Ok?...but the oil comes from CANADA...So do US citizens own it? like these people?

At one point in October 2011, TransCanada was involved in up to 56 separate eminent domain actions against landowners in Texas and South Dakota who have refused to give permission to the company to build the Keystone Pipeline on their land.[6] However, on August 23, 2012, Texas Judge Bill Harris ruled that TransCanada has the legal right of eminent domain and may lease or purchase land from owners who refused to sign an agreement with the company for the public right-of-way of a pipeline.

en.wikipedia.org...

Tell me again why taking land away from US Ranchers for a CANADIAN pipeline moving CANADIAN oil should be the USA's top priority?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Yeah.. Xl is bad. Take away all the environmental concerns, and there are a few, you have 2 big questions. Will it really help the economy in any real measurable form? Has the "Oil" boon in North Dakota, really helped the national economy? Secondly, it will take land away from Americans. Aren't republicans against the Federal Government taking land away from US citizens?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Gryphon66

People need to know what to ask of their leaders in Congress now.

What should they demand about immigration now?

I think that the Republicans should back up their promises and do something to get the 11 million or so (pick a number) illegal immigrants OUT OF THE US!

Apparently, based on the banner behind them at the victory announcement yesterday, their sole take-away from the election results was to STOP OBAMA and FIRE HARRY REID.

And that's very similar to what GOP Leader Rush Limbaugh commanded: "You were not elected to govern!"

So, pipeline, immigration, etc., does any of that really matter?

Stop Obama; that's the goal, who cares what 70% or so of the Electorate think? Pfft.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

uhhh... Ok?...but the oil comes from CANADA...So do US citizens own it? like these people?

Nope, whichever oil company purchase the oil owns the oil. It won't even be in Trans Canada's pipes until it is purchased by a refinery at the receipt destination. Until then, it is held in holding tanks at Hardisty, under the ownership of the extraction company. Of which, approx 50% are US owned.

The only point at which Canadians 'own' the oil is while it is still in the ground.

Tell me again why taking land away from US Ranchers for a CANADIAN pipeline moving CANADIAN oil should be the USA's top priority?

Because US owned refineries want the bitumen at their refineries. Not a couple thousand kilometers away, in Canada.

If those refineries had chosen modification to light crude, there wouldn't even be a KeyStone XL to discuss. However, those US companies have chosen to keep their refineries set for heavy, and they need more heavy to keep them at capacity...aka profitable.

So, if you would like someone to blame, blame the refinery owners in the southern US?

Edit to add:

Also, everything that is being done south of the border is being handled by Trans Canada (USA). The US subsidiary of Trans Canada. Trans Canada (USA) pays taxes in the US, not in Canada.

edit on 6-11-2014 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420

Nope, whichever oil company purchase the oil owns the oil. It won't even be in Trans Canada's pipes until it is purchased by a refinery at the receipt destination. Until then, it is held in holding tanks at Hardisty, under the ownership of the extraction company. Of which, approx 50% are US owned.

The only point at which Canadians 'own' the oil is while it is still in the ground.

Uh..so US oil companies...50% of US oil oil companies have the option of BUYING the oil from CANADA?

Still not getting how this turns around our economy?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Uh..so US oil companies...50% of US oil oil companies have the option of BUYING the oil from CANADA?

No, 100% of US oil companies have the option to buy bitumen from Canada.

Approx 50% of the actual extraction ,in Alberta, is owned by US oil companies.

Still not getting how this turns around our economy?

Companies will be making 830,000 bpd worth of extra profit...all of which is taxable by the US. That oil will also be taxed again when it is either sold to US citizens, or exported over seas/back to Canada.

That is a fairly significant boost to government intakes.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Great post!
This is probably the most accurate assessment of Washington DC and what we can expect from them.
edit on b000000302014-11-06T17:29:22-06:0005America/ChicagoThu, 06 Nov 2014 17:29:22 -0600500000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Its already shipped to the states, I thought keystone would give them access to ports so they can export it as well??

They want the pipeline to go to foreign tax free ports so that way those poor oil companies won't have to pay taxes on the oil or the gas that they export. The only people that will benefit from the pipeline are the people that own the oil companies. And to top it off the GOP wants the taxpayers to pay for it to be built.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

What Can Possibly Go Wrong?

All of them getting vetoed.

I can bet the executive will veto everything to set up his party for 2016.

Elect us' The republican 'do nothing' congress.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: LDragonFire

The margin of Republican versus non-Republican votes was around 3.3 million (to the Republicans).

This represents about 2% of US Citizens who are registered to vote.

Is that a mandate or a landslide?

Yo then please by all means tell us.

Why did the left stay home ?

They have more 'pressing needs' that to get off the sofa and stop watching American idol to keep them evil Republicans out of power.

Guess they did.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join