It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP in charge, eager to move on Keystone XL, taxes

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

But what about that pipeline?

Good or Bad IYO?

How about any positive changes to Obama.Care?

I know this is confusing.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

So the GOP won, but not really, because they didn't win by enough? Or did they win, but it doesn't really count?

Didn't Obama get 51% of the vote in 2012? Does that mean he didn't win?

I hate maths problems.

If the GOP is traveling at 50 kilos/centigrade how many blue hats does Walter wear on Sunday?

SEE!!!

I can't answer these complicated questions!

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

LOL ... Thanks for your opinion, Xuenchen!

However, depending on who you ask, landslides are more in the range of 10-20% margins of victory.

Also, in terms of votes cast, Mr. Bush lost that election by around 543,895 votes.

How are you defining "mandated landslide" again?

It seems a little displaced from the facts of the matter, if I may say so.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Those are your judgments Beezer, not mine.

I just pointed out the numbers.

Republicans won by a margin that reflects the will of 2-2.5% of the American electorate.

Draw your own conclusions; call it a mandate or landslide or landsliding mandate as you wish.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

People need to know what to ask of their leaders in Congress now.

What should they demand about immigration now?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Those are your judgments Beezer, not mine.

They aren't judgements, they were questions. Do you think the GOP won the elections? Will the GOP have control of the Senate?

I just pointed out the numbers.

I know. Just like Vanna points out letters. It's so cute!

Republicans won by a margin that reflects the will of 2-2.5% of the American electorate.

Does that mean they didn't win?

Draw your own conclusions;

I'll draw a fire truck instead.

call it a mandate or landslide or landsliding mandate as you wish.

I'm not calling it any of those. It's either a win or it isn't.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

You really are a funny guy, Beezer! Just joke after joke from you, eh?

Did the GOP win? Yes.

Will the GOP have control of the Senate? Yes.

Let me ask you a question in return: do you believe that 2% or so of the American Electorate reflects the will of the People?

Follow-up: If so, does that represent a tyranny of the minority?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

The Keystone XL Pipeline is all about being able to export the sludge from oil shale overseas for profit.

No it's not. It's about shipping sludge oil from Alberta to the States. A boon for the Canadian economy. Do us a favor. Keep that one on someone's desk for about a year. We've got a gov't we want to turn out next Nov. and that would only help them.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
If you didn't vote, you were saying SOMETHING! Even Obama said so.

The so-called party of 'No' got the votes! 'No' to Obama's policies! 'No' to the direction this country is heading! 'No' to Nancy Pelosi and especially the idiot majority leader, Harry Reid, who left 300+ bills sitting in a file drawer because he refused to bring them up for debate.

YES FOR "no"!!!! No more delay on Keystone and tax reform!

Voters + non-voters = Spoken loud and clear---No!

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

You really are a funny guy, Beezer! Just joke after joke from you, eh?

I took an on-line course.

Did the GOP win? Yes.

I knew it! *shakes fist*

Will the GOP have control of the Senate? Yes.

I bet they'll make the wet bar behind the Senate "cash-only".

Let me ask you a question in return: do you believe that 2% or so of the American Electorate reflects the will of the People?

Does it matter? That's our system. It was called a "mandate" when Obama won by 51%. I didn't see too many complain when he went full-left on everyone.

Follow-up: If so, does that represent a tyranny of the minority?

No. It would represent a tyranny of the minority if only 2% were allowed to vote. Last time I checked, there were more than 2% who were allowed to vote.

Apathy won the election.

GOP got second place.

But everyone still gets a trophy!

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Beezer, I don't think it was apathy. I think the diehard Democrats just couldn't bring themselves to vote for Obama because they don't like where this country is heading. But, they can't bring themselves to vote Republican, so they stayed home. They were saying just as much as those that got out and voted. NO NO NO to Obama and his policies.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

"Apathy won the election."

I concur.

Best,

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Beezer, I don't think it was apathy. I think the diehard Democrats just couldn't bring themselves to vote for Obama because they don't like where this country is heading. But, they can't bring themselves to vote Republican, so they stayed home. They were saying just as much as those that got out and voted. NO NO NO to Obama and his policies.

That's a good point. A difficult one to quantify or qualify, but a good point none-the-less!

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Works for me.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

The Keystone XL Pipeline is all about being able to export the sludge from oil shale overseas for profit.

No it's not. It's about shipping sludge oil from Alberta to the States. A boon for the Canadian economy. Do us a favor. Keep that one on someone's desk for about a year. We've got a gov't we want to turn out next Nov. and that would only help them.

Its already shipped to the states, I thought keystone would give them access to ports so they can export it as well??

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

a reply to: Ameilia

Ameilia, see my post above to Beezer. 1.6% actually, rounded to 2% would be a more accurate claim.

You'll have to pardon my slight miscalculations; I've been so EXCITED about the Republican win.

As far as voter suppression? Here are about 931,000 or so links to citations on that subject.

If you'd like discuss one in detail, I'll be glad to respond.

If you'd like to offer counter-evidence that proves that voter suppression has not happened, I'll be glad to respond.

I'm not going to read 1,000,000 links - sorry - to disprove some wild statement you've made with absolutely nothing to back it up.

What I was looking for was just one person who can say -

I showed up to vote, I was declined even though (I had ID, I had not previously voted before in this election, I arrived on time etc.)

or

I couldn't find out where to vote. When I (used Google, called my local rep, etc.) no one would give me any information.

Something like that. Actual. Voter. Suppression. Not a link to Google and Nancy Pelosi making wild claims about nasty mean Republicans.

An actual SOMETHING to back up your claim. That's all.

Voter fraud, there is proof everywhere of Republican votes turning into Democrat ones on the machine (and probably the other way too), and people voting multiple times in multiple districts. But voters being unable to vote? Haven't heard that.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

People need to know what to ask of their leaders in Congress now.

What should they demand about immigration now?

Easy, No raises! No vacations if you don't work! By God be yourselves, now you can't blame everything on Obama by 2016 the public will hate you as much as they hate him now.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Its already shipped to the states, I thought keystone would give them access to ports so they can export it as well??

Good point. We ARE their #1 oil importer already. The Keystone I believe is meant to end in Houston. Port city. You may be right.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

The Keystone XL extension was proposed in 2008. ("XL" stands for "eXport Limited.") The application was filed in September 2008 and the National Energy Board of Canada started hearings in September 2009. On March 11, 2010 the Canadian National Energy Board approved the project. The South Dakota Public Utilities Commission granted a permit on February 19, 2010.

The XL

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Good point. We ARE their #1 oil importer already. The Keystone I believe is meant to end in Houston. Port city. You may be right.

This heated toxic sludge is corrosive to the extreme and would require constant maintenance on this pipeline, if you care about the environment. We are using this sludge to make oil now but the industry that wants the pipeline built to ship to international markets, I have no idea what it would do to these ships hulls much less if they sank, but this stuff should not be released into the environment anywhere!...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join