It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is Why I will be Voting Today...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

This is why I will be voting today. This is the system I want to change.

I am not trying to single out this woman. She is just one of millions.

Why should we pay for all these people that just expect a lifetime hand out.

Four kids, Public Housing, Welfare, Food Stamps where does it end.

I will help anybody that is trying to better themselves.

We must change our Welfare State. I am all for helping anyone for awhile.

I am just no longer willing to help lazy people with no desire to change their situation.

Please join me today voting for candidates that will end these Lifetime Hand Outs.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere
So who did you vote for? Democraps or Repulicons? OR did you do the smart thing and go for a third option?

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
So who did you vote for? Democraps or Repulicons? OR did you do the smart thing and go for a third option?

I don't vote for incumbents ever...

I have always been a Social Liberal and a Fiscal Conservative.

I have no Party.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I voted. I also agree with you. There should definitely be a time limit on welfare. Cut it off and make them figure it out. The girl in that video looks perfectly capable of doing something. Welfare in general is a bad idea.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Proudly wearing my "I voted" sticker! I too have no problem helping when someone is down, but career welfare has to stop!

S&F

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
As long as you voted, the reasons are inconsequential. Especially, midterm elections which have a terrible voter turn out. I fully support your refusal to vote for incumbents.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Are you fine with corporate welfare or are you focused on the poor people only?

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Wearing my sticker proudly today as well.

However, I am proud of my political party (party doesn't mean you are in love with all the members) and I wish we could wear stickers displaying our party affliation.

Too often, people develop this un-patriotic attitude and concede that both parties are 'horrible'. This is no personal insult, but people who say that display their political ignorance. When you ask them specifically, they usually respond that there is some grand conspiracy that both parties work together to hurt everyone. Not very logical.

When you understand the American Political system, you find that your devotion does not go to the person, but rather the party platform and ideology. Usually, your average person does not truly understand platform nor ideology, and sit back thinking a magical party will be developed that happens to side with them on EVERY issue. These are dreamers.

edit on 4-11-2014 by StarGazer77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I think it's a bit of a red herring to get upset about poor social parasites. The money is chump change.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: nukedog

Considering the midterm elections cost $4 billion dollars, I think this woman getting $1000 to $2000 a month is most definitely chump change

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: StarGazer77
Wearing my sticker proudly today as well.

However, I am proud of my political party (party doesn't mean you are in love with all the members) and I wish we could wear stickers displaying our party affliation.

Too often, people develop this un-patriotic attitude and concede that both parties are 'horrible'. This is no personal insult, but people who say that display their political ignorance. When you ask them specifically, they usually respond that there is some grand conspiracy that both parties work together to hurt everyone. Not very logical.

When you understand the American Political system, you find that your devotion does not do to the person, but rather the party platform and ideology. Usually, you average person does not truly understand platform nor ideology, and sit back thinking a magical party will be developed that happens to side with them on EVERY issue. These are dreamers.

wow a 2 part system supporter. Your why Im watching the USA go down the toilet.................

Fact is both parties ARE HORRIBLE!

Bush I : War
Clinton: The exodus of US jobs
Bush II: War, surveillance state, patriot act, torture camps, more war, drone warfare, debt increases, start of the police state and police brutality.
Obama: continuation and expansion of surveillance state, patriot act, drone warfare, the police state and police brutality and expansion of the debt and welfare state o and dont forget abit of war too.

What will another republican or democrat bring?

The same crap thats what.

I think its un-patriotic to continually vote in party's thats undermine the USA and its original values.
edit on 4-11-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

Oh well the midterm election was chump change too. I'm sure we would all be reeling in shock at the price we pay to make the rubble bounce in Syria.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Not that it makes a difference, but...

It gives me the right to whine.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

On a list of this country's ACTUAL problems, Welfare is way down that list.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Both parties claim to uphold the constitution. Now whether they do it or not, is another story.

But.

For you to determine which party upholds the constitution, you must first understand the constitution. Then comes your interpretation , meaning whether or not you think the forefathers meant what they said, or that they left room for peopl's own interpretation of it. This is what is mean by conservatism (narrow interpretation) and liberalism ( broad interpretation).

Once you have understood that, you examine the policies of both parties. On said issue, is the party acting constitutionally or not? Either they are going b the confides of our constitution or they have taken 'liberty' to tailor it for their best interests...

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

Are you fine with corporate welfare or are you focused on the poor people only?

Usually the same people that want to fix welfare want to limit it everywhere.

The reasons many of these people are poor is because they are trapped in the system.

Sending people a check every month is a disincentive for them to help themselves.

I am just unwilling to support them for a lifetime. Temporary is no problem.

link   
a reply to: nukedog

Oh of course. Americans approve of our wars against Muslims though. I don't know many who approve of the flood of money and corruption in politics so mentioning the cost of the midterm elections is more effective

link   
a reply to: StarGazer77

When both parties act nearly identical once they take office you know you have a problem. At least as far as presidents go. It may be interesting to argue that presidents are apolitical. Now for senators, that's an entirely different ball game. I think it's safe to say that both sides of the aisle are playing ball to some extent.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Just to use your first example, "Bush=War"...what is unconstitutional about going to war? Isn't up to the executive branch ( president) to receive 2/3 approval from Congress ( legislative)? Did this occur?

A lot of people with your sentiment will quickly say it was an 'unjust' war. This is their personal opinion, and not a valid claim of it being unconstitutional just because they did not agree with the causes.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

On a list of this country's ACTUAL problems, Welfare is way down that list.

Yes...

Everybody has their issue. This is mine.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join