It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is Why I will be Voting Today...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

That's why you gotta love republicans. They stand for our ideals! Lol. What these guys do is stand for a fringe group that has a lot of sway in that particular arena. I highly doubt they even buy that tripe.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
It would be nice if people focused on the real villains instead of falling
for the " blames those on welfare " side tracking of media and governments.

There`s always going to be people who milk the welfare system but they don't
even amount to change in your pocket when it comes to who`s really bringing the
country to its knees.

The government...with the help of the media, constantly deflect peoples views from
where the money is really being used and blame the poor.
I wonder how much money has been wasted on wars in the last 13 years to the money
that has been wasted on the " milkers " of the system ?
People need to vent their anger in the right direction....being poor isn`t as good as what
the establishment would have you believe.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Classy lady there.

This is the reason I am all for giving a "Hand up"...not a "Hand out."

If she ended up on the street in the middle of winter...meh. No loss there as far as the human gene pool is concerned.

Brutal? Yes...but the truth.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
I voted. I also agree with you. There should definitely be a time limit on welfare. Cut it off and make them figure it out. The girl in that video looks perfectly capable of doing something. Welfare in general is a bad idea.

The only skill that girl possesses is the ability to get pregnant.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
one more thing. Remember that we've had debates about welfare since the 80s--70s? and further. We had, at one time, a republican president with a republican majority in congress and....still nothing was ever done about it. It's a talking point..nothing more. A democrat is just as likely to try to curtail welfare fraud as a republican. History has shown us that majority republicans in congress does nothing, even when paired with a republican administration.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

That would probably be because it's not a large enough issue to risk your political gravy train over.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: nukedog

Also because the more Americans on welfare, the fewer that make it into the middle class. The middle class is and always has been the biggest threat to the ruling elites. When they saw how dangerous the middle class was becoming totheir interests they took actions to destroy it. We are seeing the results of those actions today and we are far far far away from rock bottom too.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

Very valid point. Also, historically speaking, bread and circus has a proven track record of neutralizing any threat the masses may manifest.
edit on 4-11-2014 by nukedog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Wars...Wars...Wars! That's all it's about everyone. Politicians have to keep the wars going to make good on their part of the deal. You know, when the corporation lined their pocket with cash to push their agenda. They're all sellouts. I can't even tell the difference between a Republican and Democratic politician anymore, because they're both doing the same thing. RUINING THE COUNTRY! Guess who I voted for? I'll tell you...nobody! Oh and whoever made the comment about voting third party is un-patriotic...you're an idiot! Alright I'm ready for my hate mail.

I apologize for my rant. My take on the welfare system is that yes a lot of people take advantage of this system. But, it's hardly the problem IMO.
edit on 4-11-2014 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
The worst thing about this women and this piece, is many who actually need help and assistance who do NOT scam the system are demonized.

The primary problem with employment and the decline of middle class wealth is the top echelon siphoning off their wealth in the US, those who abuse welfare barely make a dent. In the US working wages have declined(when adjusted for inflation) while average work week has gotten longer. Meanwhile the rest of the 1st World seems to have figured out a better way.

When someone runs with what the OP wrote, they are doing exactly what the oligarchy wants.
edit on 4-11-2014 by jrod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
The worst thing about this women and this piece, is many who actually need help and assistance who do NOT scam the system are demonized.

Pretty much what happens. The drug testing for welfare recipients turned out to not work as the lawmakers figured it would bringing back numerous positive tests. It was demonizing everyone who was getting benefits who had to take those tests.

The primary problem with employment and the decline of middle class wealth is the top echelon siphoning off their wealth in the US, those who abuse welfare barely make a dent. In the US working wages have declined(when adjusted for inflation) while average work week has gotten longer. Meanwhile the rest of the 1st World seems to have figured out a better way.

When someone runs with what the OP wrote, they are doing exactly what the oligarchy wants.

Good point but don't forget while the top echelon siphoning wealth from the working class they are also making big bucks off the poor(and newly poor due to economic downturns, etc) through being invested in it. There's big bucks to be made in Foodstamp and other benefits that they handle -direct cash assistance programs. With nearly 500 million people on supplemental food benefits JP Morgan is making 5 plus billion dollars. With that I don't think the oligarchy wants people to know how much they make off of promoting the country to go down the toilet.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Meh@parties. Meh@social issues and other issues too.

Like I always say, you pretend your tax dollars are going for stuff you support and I will do the same. It's a tossup that really only matters to the people trying to suck up your vote and professional politicians when it shouldn't even be a profession. I voted out all incumbents, and I'm good with that.

Voter turnout in GA was extremely high today. Not sure what that means exactly, but there were a lot of younger people voting. Way to go

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

I agree. We have all heard about the Food Stamp Program enables giant companies like Wal-Mart and McDonalds to pay the workers as little as possible and they have to rely on Food Stamps and other benefit to simply live. In a sense the tax payer is subsidizing their work force.

Let us not forget how much Wal-Mart profits off customers using the EBT benefits at their stores.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Yeah, it comes down to who's not a lunatic and who appears to be the least evil. Do they believe in science and are they talking about keeping our fredoms and lowering our taxes? It's more than that though. I like to delve into their backgrounds a little. So if one guy is a hunter and an avid camper...he may be more friendly to environmental issues and against pollution. If a guy isn't rich but was a war vet and especially if he was injured...he may be more likely to vote for Veteran benefits and VA audits and such. It's so hard though.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I voted as well. It was nice to see a lot of libertarians on the ballot and they got my vote....except one guy because he's a nutbag.

Voted no to all the judges as well.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Yeah I voted. I took some time with my sample ballot to research each person. Incumbants I voted against that wasn't my intention but just how the other people stacked up against them. The only one I wasn't comfortable with was the governors seat. The person I would have liked to win didn't have a chance in hell so I choose someone that wasn't great but was probably the best choice with a chance.

There were a lot of choices to make for judicial seats and I found that they were the hardest to research and decide on. For the most part I had to look up their prior rulings to see how they handled things. I wish I knew a better way to have made those decisions but I feel I looked into it more than most do.

We had three state amendments and only one did I vote yes on which was MM legalization the other two I thought were bad legislation after I had looked into them beyond what was stated on my sample ballot.

Main thing is I didn't vote for any party I voted for who I thought were the best choices regardless of what affiliation they had. That means I voted for a mix or R, D, L, I, and NPAs.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat
On a list of this country's ACTUAL problems, Welfare is way down that list.

Actually, Welfare spending is a HUGE line item in the Federal Budget. So it may not be our MAIN problem. But it causes a TREMENDOUS expense at a time when we could use those with the ability to work to contibute to society as the boomers age out. We have more people IN the system, than contributing to it.
www.budget.senate.gov...

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Do you guys have as many people running unopposed (mostly at the state and judge levels) as we do in GA? That just floors me. Almost enough to make me give it a shot.

P.S. On all of those, I did write-ins

edit on 11/4/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
a reply to: crazyewok

I have to agree with the Ewok here. I'm not choosing between puke and snot anymore. The fact that people do, is why the country never stops plunging into the eternal spiral of corruption. I'm so tired of people saying stupid crap like "your vote is wasted" when the handful of people who vote 3rd party are the only ones who can see past the B.S.

Good for you

Lets hope posters like the one above you are not the norm. If he still reading this all I can say when a freaking BRIT gets more stars than you on a American subject you need to really have a re look at yourself

edit on 4-11-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
I voted as well. It was nice to see a lot of libertarians on the ballot and they got my vote....except one guy because he's a nutbag.

Voted no to all the judges as well.

I only voted on issues I studied.

I should of done more homework. I refuse to guess.

Lots of blanks on my ballot.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join