It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is Why I will be Voting Today...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

I think that was pretty responsible.

I dont know who or what you voted for but I respect someone more who researches and takes responsibility for choice than some who just votes cause the media or peers told them too, even if I agreed with said vote.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I looked in to the libertarians on the ballot and they stood firm on issues I pay attention to. More freedoms, less intervention and tough stands on controversial topics.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

So how do you systemically identify anyone who is trying to better themselves?

So you rose through the ranks and think that somehow everyone else can do it to without the infrastructure caving in after the last few.

Do you live in a place with lots of land?

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
The woman is abled bodied and has been on assistance for 12 years.

If you want to pay for these people feel free.

I don't. How long is enough time to get on your feet ?

Government Assistance is short term and should not be a career.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

Proudly wearing my "I voted" sticker! I too have no problem helping when someone is down, but career welfare has to stop!

S&F

it did...back in the 90's...massive changes to qualify for welfare, and restrictions of time on it.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Reporting from the great red state of I-da-ho nestled in The Evergreen Pacific Northwest: The state constitutional amendment didn't make it, good because I didn't vote for it. Was too vague, worded odd, that likely is what worried most people. It was basically a reply to what they see as forced Gay Marriage in the state. Voting it down will ensure they cannot overturn the Marriage ruling, and that MMarijuana cannot be blocked because there's already a ban on it like there was Gay Marriage.

We have the same governor again. Can't say I aligned with(besides a few issues) the two party candidates as usual, nor did I align with but only slightly more than the current governor, the much of the same Democrat party candidate-who seemed to pander to conservative voters in hopes of winning. Quite possible if he wasn't proportioning much of the same, he may have had a better chance. Possible that he would have dealt with, such as the ObamaCare-it's blocked in the state- repercussion of cutting Medicaid funds for the disabled of the state. Also, he would have been more lax on the marijuana issue letting the federal gov decide, but did not support it. More positive than what the current governor feels with blocking it.

Not shockingly I aligned mostly with the Independents and Libertarians(Governor position mainly), the rest were Dem and Repub.

Meanwhile across the boarders: Washington passed the gun background check law-required for gun shows, etc. OR voted in legal Marijuana, as did Alaska.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
I voted as well. It was nice to see a lot of libertarians on the ballot and they got my vote....except one guy because he's a nutbag.

Voted no to all the judges as well.

Really?

At the end of the day, this country has a 2 party system, and neither one of them is "libertarian".

Want to know why?

Because we have a Constitution has to be interpreted to determine modern day rights to life, liberty and pursuit to happiness. The way we interpret a 200 yr old document is vital in order to create laws:

A strict, or narrow interpretation of the constitution is considered 'Conservative'
A broad, generous interpretation of the constitution is considered "Liberal'.

Stay with me...

How can 'libertarians' claim to interpret only economic policies strictly and social policies loosely?

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: StarGazer77

How can 'libertarians' claim to interpret only economic policies strictly and social policies loosely?

Easy CAUSE THEY BLOODY WELL CAN!

People should not be shoe horned into Conservative finances and social values or Liberal finances and social values

Your attitude is why the USA is sinking!

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

Why should we pay for all these people that just expect a lifetime hand out.

Four kids, Public Housing, Welfare, Food Stamps where does it end.

I will help anybody that is trying to better themselves.

We must change our Welfare State. I am all for helping anyone for awhile.

I am just no longer willing to help lazy people with no desire to change their situation.

I'm lazy and have no desire to work or change my situation - But then, i'm not asking for handouts from the government either. LOL In fact, I'll soon be moving to Colorado for the sole purpose of buying a house so I can grow my 12 Marijuana plants and smoke till i'm dead. LOL (I don't work now but did for many years. I'm retired at 46.)

But I agree with you. I live in New Orleans which is 80% black. Not trying to play a race card here but I've noticed blacks on welfare take advantage of the system way more them whites do - For most of them, the blacks want something for nothing for the rest of their lives, where as the whites just want help getting back on their feet so they can get off the welfare.

Now before folks jump on me, realize that black people in most of the USA are NOT the same as black people in the South ('cept perhaps for Detroit) I have lived in the North and South and blacks from the more northern states do have better work ethics than those from the South from my observations.

However the problem isn't just Blacks. Now that we have let immigration run rampant an otherwise white California is now mostly Hispanic - and they are abusing the system also - and too more than the whites in California.

This is WHY failure to segregate Blacks/Hispanics from whites and letting everyone in this country is ruining our country.

We cannot allow the Blacks and Hispanics who are not willing to work to ruin this country for the rest of us who are willing to work. I have black and Hispanic friends who do work and the welfare moochers make them look bad too. What these moochers do isn't fair to anyone.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I voted, DID YOU???

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join