It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists can make your inner monologue audible

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

the exact same...plus i think of weird # too...id be in so much trouble from everyone

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
By going over your internet searches, they can almost tell how and what you think anyway!

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Oh wow.... that actually does sound like it would work. This may have been out for a while, it sounds so basic. But how to pick up the neuron impulses remotely?

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Vdogg
Cool stuff, there are a bunch of studies done in this field, and a bunch of little experiments like this, slowly and surely they are getting closer to figuring out how to read minds. Most people think in emotions or images and off course words, so technically yes you could read peoples minds with this sort of thing.

It's a brave new world once you see the world for what it is, there are reasons why those who by chance read minds end up talking to themselfs on the streets and eventually end up in the loony bin. Its nowhere near as fun or as the movies depict or people think.

Its cool stuff, but I expect to see the first real implementation of this technology for the public being in things like computer operations or videogames. If its implemented slowly enough and over the net, I dont think there would be that many people going crazy nuts over it. One day in some distant future, it just may be as normal as the telephone is to us now.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Haha, well if the feminists aren't already upset enough about women being viewed as nothing more than "sex objects," wait until they are privy to the private thoughts of men. They gon' get real mad, then!

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: nukedog

Its trial and error even when they get it all down it wont be 100% correct. But you could basically get a good idea what is going on in somebody head and sometimes even before they know it.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
i remember a while back bush jnr. was saying something about "brain scanning" machines scheduled for use on the general populace
(apparently checking for "mental health" etc)
(oh, the irony)
then there are those molecular scanners at the airports..
RFID everywhere..

..it wouldn't be too difficult to just link these all altogether, and scan people enmasse by satellite etc
(but they knew i would type that)

..it's probably already happening
the way this stuff gets "released" ..it's usually after the fact

anyway, think happy thoughts, think happy thoughts

but I expect to see the first real implementation of this technology for the public being in things like computer operations or videogames

i think it's already happening..

Sony issues mass press-release "our next generation consoles will interface directly with the human brain"
(a short time later)
Sony issues mass press-release "oh, sorry folks... this stuff isn't due to be released for some time yet"

the TV's & Xbox's with the cameras & microphones are already here
wearable electronic "tattoos" are coming next (keep watching)
the brain interface will probably be sometime after that
edit on 1-11-2014 by UNIT76 because: and then we can all play sims for real

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Coupled with this technology there is also technology which monitors our throats because apparently we often silently voice our words as we think them. This came out maybe 6 months ago and would be easier to spy on rather than brain waves I should think.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Ha I want to try it. Will I get into arguments with myself or get along?

It sounds interesting maybe even fun but it could go bad. Will the people who think they can hear god get better or worse?

This is very interesting.
edit on 1-11-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   

This is good for some medical reasons but you know the government is going to be abusing it hard core.

They will probably first want to use it to stop terrorists, pedophiles, rapists, killers. "We need to do this to save the children" and if that gets accepted it will eventually, maybe 20yrs down the road, get to the point where thought crime exists.

They will also be able to see who is unhappy with their government and may want to rebel or have a revolution and they can stop it/them before it happens.

They will also be able to use it on those who are schizophrenic or some other mental instability and manipulate them to act out and potentially kill someone so that more Rights and Freedoms can be taken away like guns or enact Martial Law.

On a side note: I wouldn't mind having a device that records your dreams so you can watch them later or show them to people. I dream in such amazing detail and such accuracy, sometimes I wish I could show people the nature dreams I have. The colours are always so intense.
edit on 11 2 2014 by Sabiduria because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

It's clearly the next step in our civilization. We have been hinting at it long enough. Just like Jules Vern with his electric stoves and submarines. It's going to happen. I just wonder if it already happened and how? Also, I suspect their is a way to jam it. I think I already know how. "Dissociation of One's Thoughts."

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: qmantoo
Coupled with this technology there is also technology which monitors our throats because apparently we often silently voice our words as we think them. This came out maybe 6 months ago and would be easier to spy on rather than brain waves I should think.

I thought I was nuts when I was a druggie kid but maybe kids have known about this for some time.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I've seen videos where scientists do similar things, basically attempting to get a map of how certain brain activity means a specific thing, and from what I remember it was quite sporadic. I would imagine that we would be some years away from being able to make a device like this actual function accurately. I would like to see a video of it in action, mainly just to see how well it performs. My guess is that it is highly experimental, unless we've developed such brain technologies over the last few months, which was when I had checked out how far along such brain research had progressed.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: JiggyPotamus

I seem to recall an "Apollo Mission" like, government funded mission to map the brain.

My personal opinion? This was way too easy. You have to learn how to think if you want to avoid it. Then again, I'm still learning. I have left a gigantic trail as to who I am on the internet. I'm just glad it's not 1984 yet. Or maybe it is?

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   
They already read whatever train of nonsense is running through everyone's head: they have access to your facebook and twitter accounts, remember?

Seriously though, I'm officially too old for this ****.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I have no doubt that men will use this to finally help them understand women

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Interesting Stuff !

But how big is their database ? In my mind... they would have to do this procedure or experiment over and over again on each of the subjects to record the images that my differ on any given day. I'm talking like a year long study or longer on just one subject.

If someone is crying inside will they read differently today than yesterday ? Would the brain images for what they are reading appear differently due to their emotional mental state or physical wellness at any given time ? Would this change the frequency ?

leolady

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Jesus said, "Know what is in front of your face, and what is hidden from you will be disclosed to you. For there is nothing hidden that will not be revealed. [And there is nothing buried that will not be raised.]"
Gospel of Thomas

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
What if you reverse this technology and instead of reading signals you have input of signals...

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I'm not suprised, having heard my own thoughts repeated back to me in my head can make you think you're crazy when you could be an experiment. And they can do much more if they have the tech to do what is claimed. I thought it was a disease, but I fought for 2 months, it's unbelievable to me even , so how can you expect others to believe

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join