It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Scientists can make your inner monologue audible

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

(post by supergravity removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:34 PM
a reply to: intrptr

How did you test him and jowd it go exactly?

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:56 PM
a reply to: Flowfessional

How did you test him and jowl it go exactly?

He used to make the best fried chicken in a pan over a camp stove and everyone would gather around to eat it. Then he'd pass it out telling everyone what piece they wanted. I like breast meat and thats what he asked me the first time. You want a breast?

I said how'd you know that and everyone went like he knows what piece you want. He can read minds. They all knew it because he had done the same for them.

When they told me he could read minds I thought sure and began thinking things towards him and he would say stuff sudden like, you ain't being honest. or I know, thats what I think, too. He couldn't know I was thinking or when I was thinking at him, but would look at me sometimes just puzzled or say something that let me know he was "listening" or didn't like my playing him.

The last time was when he camped out behind this building where I stayed. It was an old walnut shipping plant all run down and haunted. I used to hear people inside working (the place was closed) and see stuff out back on occasion that was harmless but startling. The night he lay down to sleep out back I was thinking how I could tell him the place was haunted and he says, I know, I hear them too.

Then he tells me thats why he couldn't live normal society, rent apartments or hold jobs because other peoples thoughts drove him crazy. He had to go to sleep aways (?) away form others so he could sleep peaceful. Thats when he also told me he could hear spirits thoughts, too.

All the time I spent off and on with him led me to conclude the same things others told me about him, too. That dude could read minds and hear others thoughts. The thing that bothered him most about that he told me, and why people drove him crazy is that even though people stop talking their minds always raced, even in their sleep.
edit on 3-11-2014 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 09:31 AM
a reply to: Lynk3

I have thought of the exact same thing so many times lol

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:27 PM
I have two inner monologues. I can read a book with one, and think about something complete different with the other. I think their machine would get confused.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:17 PM
a reply to: intrptr

Interessting story, thanks for sharing.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:25 AM

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I've read that as recently as 3,000 years ago people did not recognize their own internal monologue as themselves -- but rather the voice of "God". In these times, no one read aloud. People would sort of just wander around and when in times of crisis hear "RUN!" or something in their heads. They would then praise God for saving them, not realizing the entire time it was their own internal voice.

Thats kind of subjective though, isn't it? Perhaps because the same thing you just described happened to me. The voice that commanded me to run was quite explicitly different from my everyday thought stream. I am aware of the difference.

It wasn't me… it startled me from a deer in the headlights posture as the truck threatened to run me down. The "voice" was distinct and clear. So clear in fact…

later I asked my friend if he heard anyone yell run, he said he didn't. There were no other witnesses.

I are still here today because of it. There isn't someone else that clear besides me inside me.

Of course its just my opinion and all from direct observation. If you never had it happen to you personally, you might equate it with "sudden psychosis" or something…

However, I did and I can tell you from personal experience how clear as a bell my thinking is was at the time. Time slows down at those imminent death moments, you see and hear things quit clearly, I just wasn't able to act until someone else told me to, "Run!".

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 11:03 AM
Possibly a tool for Romulans...

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 09:20 AM
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Yeah say goodbye to the polygraph, suspects and criminals will just get their mind's read instead. Want to find out if someone's guilty? just read their mind, I bet they wouldn't be able to not think "I'm guilty" for very long.

Luckily I know how to pause my inner dialogue, if I really focus I can pause it indefinitely.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 06:22 PM
a reply to: Eonnn

Oh boy THAT would SUCK for a VET,our thoughts can be graphic and DARK without TRYING TO BE.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>