It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you really make ghosts and/or spirits leave a home?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Like those families who became terrified of "knocking" in their house. It was there all right, microphones picked it up, and they located the source. In the cupboard where the hot water boiler was. So was there an evil spirit living in that dark space?
Nope. There were air bubbles in the water system:

www.carneyphc.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AgentShillington

Sooo… you were mistaken about your heart but you are right about spirits?

Because, ultimately, its all in your head.

Thats your head speaking for billions of others you haven't been inside the heads of. You experience can only be subjective.

Once again based on your belief.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Sooo… you were mistaken about your heart but you are right about spirits?

Because, ultimately, its all in your head.

Thats your head speaking for billions of others you haven't been inside the heads of. You experience can only be subjective.

Once again based on your belief.

I'm right about how the brain works. This is not belief. It is deductive reasoning.

You are correct about personal experience being subjective. That is my whole point. Our personal experience is subject, that is why ghosts manifest so differently for everyone, with similarities dependent largely on culture of origin.

edit on 1-11-2014 by AgentShillington because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
You absolutely can make paranormal phenomenon stop. (I make no claims that 'ghosts' or 'spirits' are behind the phenomenon, only that, for myself, I know that the phenomenon exists). I started out the traditional ways, using sage, sea salts..etc, worked my way up to prayers/mantras to banishing rituals. Now I just laugh it away, the best banisher of all. I never have any trouble with paranormal phenomenon, and I willingly and frequently, and for some years now, evoke and invite some of the worst of the worst into my home. No real issues. Ever.

Because I finally came to the conclusion that if you believe the 'spirit'/'demon' won't go, or is dangerous, it will probably give you trouble. The more power you give to it, the more trouble it will seem to give you. The more you fear it, the more you feed it. Other occultists may and will disagree. Don't care. This sort of stuff is very subjective, and I don't give power or fear away like most people who get wrapped up in the occult and the supernatural. No dogma for me, thanks.

Finally, I've experienced it all in my occult experimentations. From minor stuff like being infested by darting shadows for weeks, to classic poltergeist activity (maniacal knocking, stuff being moved..etc). I was a hardcore skeptic at one time, and I thought people were crazy and there was always a rational explanation. I know better now. I'm not a fool who believes every sound is a 'ghost'. The difference between myself and most other believers is that I'm not convinced the 'spirits' are real entities outside of ourselves, or that 'ghosts' are really dead people. I don't believe in 'evil' either, just that a good deal of this stuff can feel very, very wrong, and can definitely bring up emotions like extreme fear, until you come to the conclusion that I eventually arrived at: that YOU have enough power over your experience to not let it get out of hand. It's your willpower and mastery over yourself that really matters when dealing with this stuff. When superstitious, easily frightened people get involved in this stuff, that's where the problems start and can get hard to deal with.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

You are correct about personal experience being subjective. That is my whole point. Our personal experience is subject, that is why ghosts manifest so differently for everyone, with similarities dependent largely on culture of origin.

What if more than one person sees the same thing? What if generations of people that don't know each other report seeming the same thing in the same place?

You will have to call me dishonest to my keyboard here because both events have happened to me on several occasions. I am quite sane, by the way.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
if you want to get rid of bad spirits you could try reverse psychology on them, sometimes..

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

While I would love to continue with this discussion with you, I believe it is unfair to the OP to continue it in this thread, when SF is looking for answers to a specific question. If you could start another with these questions lined out about your personal experience, or kindly direct me to a current conversation regarding this subject, I would be more than happy to comment with my opinion.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Im so boring I could make any ghost leave.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Awww, smooth smooth-- you could u2u me your answer.

Don't worry about the OP, This is his second thread. He bails after his opening paragraph. His interest from my u2u discussions with him is about how to deal with spirits in his home. Your opinion they don't exist could also be interpreted to be off topic, but warrants discussiion generally because it helps others to understand mis understood phenomenon.

Now man up and tell me, co-witnesses and generations of others who see the same thing how delusional we all are.

I can take it.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
You want all your spirits to leave, you just invite my cousin Nathan over. Give him a day or two, you won't have any spirits left, and he won't buy any to replace what he drinks up.

As far as hauntings go, there are any number of spells in Long Lost Friend or Grand Albert to clean house, so to speak.
edit on 1-11-2014 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I didn't say that ghosts didn't exist.

I said that the phenomenon is internal. It is all in the head of the experiencer. As such, my method of finding something you believe in and doing that is the best advice regardless of my personal opinion of why it will work.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

I said that the phenomenon is internal.

Thats subjective. How would you know, have you ever "seen" one? They do move things at times. The people I was with described the same thing. So thats mass hysteria or real ghosts? Again?

Heres one of my experiences. It combines physical aspects as well as other witnesses and the sad tale of a little boy related by staff at Juvenile Hall.

Saying there are no ghosts or they are only subjective opinions pale when you add up the events whose sum total establishes credence. Because even as a witness I don't want to believe it either.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: sparky31

i have seen no evidence myself to say ghosts exist
"Proof" of exactly nothing. Your eyes see only one inch of a spectrum a thousand miles long and thats just the known electromagnetic spectrum.

But very scientific conclusion on your part. I don't see it so it doesn't exist. The sprint world has you right where you want them.

Everyone has an "experience", even one they discounted or 'explained away'.

theres no spirit world,theres no some guy called god,when ur body decides times up then times up and thats it,your brains dead,no soul,no going to pearly gates to get in,ur lights are out and thats it,if believing that makes it easier for you then fair enough but don,t try force it on other people.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Yes, your experience sounds exactly like a textbook case of mass hysteria.

Even more than that, it sounds like a bunch of idiot guards scaring some kids.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgentShillington

I said that the phenomenon is internal. It is all in the head of the experiencer. As such, my method of finding something you believe in and doing that is the best advice regardless of my personal opinion of why it will work.

I would have loved to see you try and explain that to the cat and dog i had at the time ,that is how i knew i was not going bonkers in a old cottage i once lived in ,Which strangely enough nobody would live in long term until i turned up on the scene .

Usual things going on footsteps on the stairs , doors opening and things getting thrown about the kitchen when you are in the place alone with the cat and dog going nuts in he direction of the noise [ but it is all in my head ]

To the op i managed by not being afraid [ what ever it is feeds on fear or energy ]
i got drunk a lot and i scared it away
that is my humble 2 cents

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

Yes, and I am sure your experiences were very unsettling.

I'm not super interested in this turning into a thread about whether or not I believe all of everyone's claims.

I know that a lot of people are scared by the idea of ghosts.
I know that fear is a primal motivator of our brain.
I know that our brain is our sense making organ.

When our brain is hijacked by fear, things become irrational. This isn't simply my belief; this is the basis of phobias.

So when I say, "Find out what works for you and do that", I mean it very sincerely, because that is the ONLY thing that is going to work. It doesn't matter if it is voodoo shaman, a guy with some scientific equipment, or a Catholic priest. If you believe it will work, chances are very good you will see an end to the phenomenon.

Just try not to pay anyone any money, unless having to pay money is part of the superstition, as it is in some cultures. Even a token payment, like a penny, seems to have some effect sometimes.

I hope the OP finds some relief.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
maybe if OP comes back he or she can describe more of the disturbing symptoms
and might need to move to different location if situation continues to be a problem

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Something like this happened to me back when I was about 4 years old.
Ghost moved my doctor Seuss books into some research abstracts.
So I confront my Uncle about the ghost evidence I was able to read.
He doesn't want to talk about any of the ghost busting plasma grating gear.
So I keep after him with question after question like a typical 4 year old till he finally gets mad.
Made me sit and stare at the wallpaper, said that was the only way to get rid of the ghost.
So that was the limit of cosmic complexity and ghosts at 4 years old.
Still don't understand the anger though.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: SanFrancisco1956

Sometimes it can work. It depends on the spirit and how you do it.

My friend was able to do it, here is the thread she did on here where she mentions it: My Paranormal experiences

Sometimes exorcism can work too, again it depends on the spirit.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Mark Houser unknowingly purchased a house that was occupied by spirits.

He ended up having to sell the house but the same thing happened in his new house.

Eventually though he and his kids experienced a supernatural encounter with angels and the demons were permanently cast out.

To make a long story short, I unwittingly purchased a house, for myself and my two teenagers, that was occupied by "spirits". My son, my daughter, myself, and the previous owner of the house all saw the spirit. There were also friends of mine and my teenagers that witnessed the spirit. Since I didn't believe in that kind of thing, I passed it off to adolescent imaginations. I did not believe in the afterlife or the spirit realm.

The "hauntings" were investigated and documented as authentic by a television series called "The Other Side".

More in another post here.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join