It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you really make ghosts and/or spirits leave a home?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Hi All,

I was wondering what everyone thought about this issue that more and more people seem to be confronted with...can you really make a ghost or spirit (intelligent type of course) leave a home if they don't want to leave?

Thanks much,
SF

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: SanFrancisco1956

Seems that people have indeed made some ghosts leave. Sometimes the ghost/spirit doesn't realize that it is dead. Sometimes you need to help them find the light and go on to where they should be.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

If it is an evil entity it takes more work of course and the professionals need to be called in.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
In personal experience yes...in my early twenties I became terrified of something in my parents basement bathroom and, even though my grandma was a Christian, she said it might help to just bully or command it out. I felt really silly but it worked. My parents house sits on an old native burial site and, when I was a child, we had a skull on a desk that had a happy vibe to it. Times changed and that became politically incorrect so that guy got reburied. The basement ghost was a trouble maker and very different in feel. Sensing them is not a skill I want or need

The haunting was backed up almost twenty years later by my parent's friends, who had rented the basement during their home renovations. They too had been afraid of it, but never mentioned it until we were all at a get together years later. I was spooked but it was nice to confirm it.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Seems that people have indeed made some ghosts leave. Sometimes the ghost/spirit doesn't realize that it is dead. Sometimes you need to help them find the light and go on to where they should be.

Yes to help them find the light... I was young and scared and ended up bullying a spirit away. Should have been kinder and more constructive in hindsight.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Ignore it. Eventually they leave. Make for sure that you never invited it to stay.
Sometimes evil spirits will act nicely in order to be invited to stay. Do not invite it.
Ignoring works best.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Scold it like you would a tenant that refuses to pay rent. Say I live here now, if you want to hang back and stop bothering me and my family, fine. If you can't do that then leave. This is my house now, time for you to move on.

Do it loud right where the activity is coming from at the time. Let it know you are upset. That usually works wonders. Remember, ghosts are just people without bodies. In some cases they used to live there and don't know they are dead or refuse to give up their "place'".

Tell it like it is, own your space. You have every right to be there. Allow it to coexist if it hangs back, but insist it stop with the interference already. If it doesn't then evict it. If it doesn't leave, tell it again.
Scold it.

(Say a little prayer beforehand, ask for help)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
some might need to stay around a while, others might be passing thru and visiting , stubborn ones you dont want around you can speak out loud and tell them to leave

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: SanFrancisco1956
Hi All,

I was wondering what everyone thought about this issue that more and more people seem to be confronted with...can you really make a ghost or spirit (intelligent type of course) leave a home if they don't want to leave?

Thanks much,
SF

No because there is no such thing as Ghosts.

Once you are gone you are gone and you are never coming back.

Why dont we see ghosts of dinosaurs or cavemen or even bloody bigfoot,No my friend no such thing as Ghosts.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lyxdeslic
Ignore it. Eventually they leave. Make for sure that you never invited it to stay.
Sometimes evil spirits will act nicely in order to be invited to stay. Do not invite it.
Ignoring works best.

I agree. That usually does the trick. I challenged one, I could actually see it which I thought was impossible. My brother saw it too. Sort of like a Dark shadow pretty human shaped.. Well that pissed it off and it got a lot stronger for days after that. Even that night I seemed to have been slightly possessed. I knew if I could get some water in my mouth I could stop laughing but I couldn't do it for about 4 hours.. I was like a histarical clown. I was creeping myself out. It wasn't good laughter..

But this all ended in time, but that house still has isues.

Now I just ignore anything that pops up and they don't really have the energy to keep it up. It's like it's not worth it to them at that point.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: KROandSOTV

Why don't we see ghosts of dinosaurs or cavemen or even bloody bigfoot,No my friend no such thing as Ghosts.

Because there were no "cavemen" or "dinosaurs" as you have been led to believe in them.

As far as "ghost animals" I would link you but theres a plethora, search it yourself.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnightLight

originally posted by: Lyxdeslic
Ignoring works best.

I agree. That usually does the trick. I challenged one, I could actually see it which I thought was impossible. My brother saw it too. Sort of like a Dark shadow pretty human shaped.. Well that pissed it off and it got a lot stronger for days after that. Even that night I seemed to have been slightly possessed. I knew if I could get some water in my mouth I could stop laughing but I couldn't do it for about 4 hours.. I was like a histarical clown. I was creeping myself out. It wasn't good laughter..

But this all ended in time, but that house still has isues.

Now I just ignore anything that pops up and they don't really have the energy to keep it up. It's like it's not worth it to them at that point.

Mhm. On occasion, if I feel that it's a good spirit (recently passed on family member or something) I say a quick thank you for watching over me. But after that it's ignored. The more we acknowledge them, the more they can use our energy and can't officially pass on. They need to be at peace.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Why don't we see ghosts of dinosaurs or cavemen or even bloody bigfoot,No my friend no such thing as Ghosts.

Because there were no "cavemen" or "dinosaurs" as you have been led to believe in them.

As far as "ghost animals" I would link you but theres a plethora, search it yourself.

Ohhhhhhhh no proof of ghosts plenty of fossils to prove that the dinosaurs existed.
edit on kSat, 01 Nov 2014 17:33:50 -05002014pm110150201430v by KROandSOTV because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Ohhhhhhhh no proof of ghosts plenty of fossils to prove that they existed.

No proof that will convince a skeptic. I've seen them, they are very real. For witnesses its not about belief, we know.

The spirit world doesn't leave many "fossil" traces though, you are right.

But they aren't corporeal, I wouldn't expect them to.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: KROandSOTV

originally posted by: SanFrancisco1956
Hi All,

Thanks much,
SF

No because there is no such thing as Ghosts.

Once you are gone you are gone and you are never coming back.

Why dont we see ghosts of dinosaurs or cavemen or even bloody bigfoot,No my friend no such thing as Ghosts.
yip m8 i agree with you 100%...i have seen no evidence myself to say ghosts exist,as far as i,m concerened when your lights go out then they go out for good.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

sorry mate missed the word dinosaur out

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

YES!! You definately can, I believe. If any nonsense starts to happen in your home, you tell whatever entity you feel it to be to STOP bothering you and to leave right now and mean it. Especially if you have kids.

Disruptive energy feeds off negativity.

IMO.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
No.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: sparky31

i have seen no evidence myself to say ghosts exist
"Proof" of exactly nothing. Your eyes see only one inch of a spectrum a thousand miles long and thats just the known electromagnetic spectrum.

But very scientific conclusion on your part. I don't see it so it doesn't exist. The sprint world has you right where you want them.

Everyone has an "experience", even one they discounted or 'explained away'.

(?)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
The most important factor when determining how a ghost will respond, quite frankly, is your beliefs on how a ghost will respond. If you believe you can make a ghost leave your home, you will be able to determine a way to alleviate your scenario.

Some people think prayer works.
Some people think salt works.
Some people think smudging works.
Some use runes or aromatic veggies.

The key is to find out what YOU think will work and use it.

Because, ultimately, its all in your head.

If it wasn't, we would have a scientific way to eliminate ghosts, like the Ghostbusters, instead of a hodgepodge of superstition and mysticism.

Good luck. I'm not being sarcastic here. The power of suggestion is pretty hard to overcome. I was having panic attacks that had me convinced, despite not having anything wrong with me physically, that I was having a heart attack. I even called 911 -twice-. All of this because my brain was convinced I was having a heart attack.

Never underestimate the placebo effect on your well being.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join