It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting picture taken in an old barn

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Lichter daraus

That's what I thought, definitely looks like a grey horse. I can't deny that that's a possibility.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

My wife's brother took this picture in an old barn in Maryland and then saw something in it that he couldn't explain. He immediately took another picture from the same spot to see if it was his phone camera. The second shot showed nothing strange, but he deleted it without thinking unfortunately.

Several points here that should be addressed:

1) Was he taking photos in the barn to try and capture something paranormal? Doing an investigation? It's always the rule of thumb to take at least two sequential shots, without pausing to look at the images in between. If there really was something there that was partially manifested, taking an immediate second shot might have captured it in more detail. Something for future reference. I don't think he was trying to hoax anyone but deleting that second shot does kind of cast doubt on his credibility, so you're going to see some backlash for posting that...even though a second shot would have been pointless if he stopped to review the images first. It wouldn't have been the exact same angle as the first one anymore.

2) The white splotches definitely don't look adhered to the wood. I am having a hard time understanding why on earth people are saying it's flour...why would there be flour just randomly in an old barn? But it's definitely not smeared onto the actual wood of the stall. Was he eating something at the time, or had he been touching things covered in dust? It looks like there was something on the lens and that's responsible for the 3D effect...it appears to be hanging in the air.

3) I had to sit here for a very long time, really straining to see something in the white smudges, until I could find a shape that was relevant to anything to do with milking cows...and had you not thrown that info about what it used to be into the mix I'd have seen nothing like that at all. That is a classic example of Pareidolia. Did he tell you guys that it used to be used for milking before or after you saw the enlarged photo? The power of suggestion can be very convincing.

I personally do not think this was a paranormal photo. I think he had something on his fingers that got transferred onto the lens, or something was in the air briefly and the movement was captured in the overall general blur of the photo. For instance, it could have been flies lifting into the air...it is a barn with live animals in it, after all, and they have iridescent wings which reflect light, and lift up just like that in a small swarm when they're disturbed. Maybe someone can clean up the image somewhat and we could get a better look at it, but for now it just doesn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary.

ETA: Was it cold when the photo was taken? I showed it to some of my colleagues and three of them said it's the horse's breath mixed with droplets of mucous from the nose in a fine spray...this is a rural VA community; everyone has horses here so I figured I'd ask around

edit on 31591America/ChicagoWed, 29 Oct 2014 13:59:09 -050031pm31301America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: new info

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

3 dimensional like maybe a sneaze or smudge on lens of camera? hahaha trying to prove my theory here

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

1) Was he taking photos in the barn to try and capture something paranormal? Doing an investigation?

No, he was just taking a picture of the horse. He said his phone does not have a flash and he was disappointed by the picture. He's been into riding horses lately and he goes there a lot. He said he thought right away that it must have been something on the lens so that's why he took a second picture. The second pic showed nothing though. He seemed sincere and just showed us the picture as something he was curious about, not claiming anything in particular about it.

Did he tell you guys that it used to be used for milking before or after you saw the enlarged photo?

He didn't say anything about the supposed history of the place until after my wife came in and said she saw a woman in the picture. I didn't see anything in it at all. My wife's brother who took the picture is a really young guy, 20 years old, and asked me what an orb was when I told him his picture was full of them. It wasn't until after my wife said it looked like a woman sitting on a stool that he said the barn used to be a milking parlor.

I wasn't and am still not claiming it's anything paranormal. I don't know what it it except that it's interesting. I agree that it's not something on the wood but something either on the lens or in between the camera and the wood. I wouldn't discount flies or something like that. I'd even say smoke because he does smoke cigarettes, but it doesn't look like smoke to me. Wouldn't rule it out though.

edit on 10/29/2014 by wtbengineer because: to add

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
If there was something paranormal present, me thinks the horse would be showing some signs of agitaton. After all, animals are reported to be more sensitive than us. Just my .02.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Yes, just where the post comes up from the lower left, right there in the corner. Just a face.....glad im not the only one who sees it. Im sure that is just like seeing a face in the clouds but it is still cool

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JHumm

I agree, I see stuff like that all the time. Once while I was running on a treadmill in my garage I saw what looked like a perfect face in the wood grain on a cabinet door. It was a rather demonic looking thing grinning at me, with what looked like a crown on it's head and a furry chest. The effect was made even more realistic looking because of the way the veneer was bookmatched on the door so that the grain was mirrored at the joint.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

That was my first thought as well. The horse just doesn't seem to notice anything.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

He didn't say anything about the supposed history of the place until after my wife came in and said she saw a woman in the picture. I didn't see anything in it at all. My wife's brother who took the picture is a really young guy, 20 years old, and asked me what an orb was when I told him his picture was full of them. It wasn't until after my wife said it looked like a woman sitting on a stool that he said the barn used to be a milking parlor.

I wasn't and am still not claiming it's anything paranormal. I don't know what it it except that it's interesting. I agree that it's not something on the wood but something either on the lens or in between the camera and the wood. I wouldn't discount flies or something like that. I'd even say smoke because he does smoke cigarettes, but it doesn't look like smoke to me. Wouldn't rule it out though.
edit on 10/29/2014 by wtbengineer because: to add

Thank you for answering
I know you're not claiming it's paranormal...those are my words. I'm simply saying that I feel any paranormal influence can be easily ruled out. I just edited my post too...pretty sure it's the horse blowing steamy breath and mucous into the cold air.

I didn't see any orbs whatsoever in the photo. Where are the orbs?? And no, not cigarette smoke...unless the horse was smoking at the time
Which would be very interesting indeed, lol.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: wtbengineer
a reply to: rockpaperhammock

He told me that there is nothing on the wood. He's supposed to get me another picture of the same spot but he hasn't yet. He said the second picture he took showed nothing there but he deleted it.

You can clearly see the cracks in the wood go right through the white globs, indicating it is a substance on the wood. If it was in front of it hovering it would block out those cracks.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

You can clearly see the cracks in the wood go right through the white globs, indicating it is a substance on the wood. If it was in front of it hovering it would block out those cracks.

Not if it's a cloud of steam from the horse blowing...it would hang in the air but still be transparent enough for the wood to show through in places.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I looked and looked and saw nowt unusual, though i suspected the white powdery marks may have been the object in question... reading further i see that it is but i don't see it as unusual.

While it may not have been visible initially to the photographer, maybe the marks are greasy and only showed in that manner when reflecting light at the correct angle.

Having worked at a farm for a fair old while i've seen many such marks on barn fixtures etc.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

3 pages in and no one has spotted this....

The horse only has half a leg..
Look at its rear leg.

Now that is spooky

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

3 pages in and no one has spotted this....

The horse only has half a leg..

Look at its rear leg.

Now that is spooky

It's just the lighting in the picture or the shadow from the wall./fence behind the horse I have bad eyes and I can make out the rest of the leg.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

No tail or junk either! Poor blighter.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I see a guy sitting on a stool and he's looking at the cameraman.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
It looks to me like some kind of reflection because you can see stripes across the horses bum, so there must have been some kind of back lighting (?) Just my opinion.
Cheers
SF
a reply to: rockpaperhammock

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Poor horse. He doesn't have a clue that a bunch of weird humans are scrutinizing a picture of him.

edit on 10/29/2014 by ItCameFromOuterSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

There is NOTHING interesting in this pic what-so-ever. Those supposed orbs you claim are NOT orbs...maybe and more likely they are stains or fresh semen from the horse, or even white saliva from when the horse spits every now and then. Any of those are more plausible than orbs!! Ever tried Horse meat?

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: projectbane

You should tone down your attitude a little. I think it is interesting, and I agree with other posters who suggest that what is in the picture is not on the wood. My wife's brother who took the picture said there was nothing on the wood and I don't have any reason as of yet to doubt him. If it turns out that it is something on the wood then fine, but I won't know until I either get that second picture of the same spot or go down there myself and look. Maybe that is a good idea. I'll ask him to take me there.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join