It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Kennedy Proposes Monument to Himself

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
This must be a sick joke!

Lets remember this man tried to cover up the death of a woman in Chappaquiddick.

By his own hands took her life, and now he want us to honor him?

Sure his family has power, and his brothers were a very important part of this countries history.

For Ted Kennedy to purposely memorialize himself is his realization that no one will do it for him, and that his power and political life has come to an end.

Ted Kennedy will be remembered as the Brother of John and Bobby and the one who was the drunk!

MADD (Mothers Against Drunk Drivers) should be up in arms over this monument, because it would symbolize how a drunk driver killed and got away with murder.

You and I would still be in prison if we committed this crime, but Kennedy kill and walk away to drink another day.

newsmax.com...

Teddy Kennedy is raising a reported $3.5 million to pay for an oral history project he conceived that will memorialize his life.

The project is unique in that it will be the first ever oral history of a sitting U.S. senator.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I'm sure Laura Bush's murderous teenage driving spree makes you furious as well.

Yeah I know. At least she wasn't drunk when she killed a man.

If it really will make MADD upset though to honor Kennedy, just tell me where to send money. I'm all for it.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I'll pitch in. What's the address again?

Ted is a cool man.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I can see it now, A 6' bronze cocktail shaker ringed by a giant life preserver that says S.S. Chappaquiddick on it.

[edit on 12/9/04 by FredT]

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I can see it now, A 6' bronze cocktail shaker ringed by a giant life preserver that says S.S. Chappaquiddick on it.

Ted Kennedy....what a pompous ass!!!

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I don't have a problem with him wanting this... however, he should pay for it himself.... no contributions, his own money

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
What kind of egotistical person would make a monument to themself? Oh yeah I forgot we were talking about Ted Kennedy- he is the definition of ego!

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIRR1

The project is unique in that it will be the first ever oral history of a sitting U.S. senator.

I suggest they invest part of the $3.5 million in a new software package that will slur all the S's and automatically correct any occurence of "Yes officer" to "Yesh ossifer".

We have to to get these things accurate.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeeze louise
What kind of egotistical person would make a monument to themself? Oh yeah I forgot we were talking about Ted Kennedy- he is the definition of ego!

Ted Kennedy is no JFK. JFK would have taken any $$$
and turned it into a project to help everyone (peace corps).
THAT would have been JFKs 'monument' - Peace Corps.
Like Carter has his 'monument' - Habitat for Humanity.

(Carter was a nice man .. a lousy president ... but a nice man)

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Anyone who would contribute money to a Ted Kennedy memorial is an IDIOT. Ted Kennedy is a pompous butt worm. Where is the "Kennedy Curse" when you really, really need it??

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   
What has he even done to deserve a monument? Anything besides being a druken blowhard? How can anyone be so egotistical to want a monument for themselves and be serious about it. Sadly the Kennedy who would better be suited for a monument is no longer with us, we got stuck with this guy.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
I'm sure Laura Bush's murderous teenage driving spree makes you furious as well.

If it really will make MADD upset though to honor Kennedy, just tell me where to send money. I'm all for it.

Are you serious????? Did she do that?

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBigD

Yup. Ran a stop sign. Entirely her fault. Killed someone she knew. These days that's called manslaughter and you don't get sent home without so much as a breath-a-lyzer for being a purty young thang from West Texas.

Quick Search...

Mrs. Bush ran stop sign in fatal crash
... AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - Details in a 1963 accident report say that Laura Bush, then 17, ran a stop sign in the Texas crash that killed a friend in another car. ...
www.usatoday.com... - Cached

LAURA BUSH KILLED SOMEONE!!! SHE REALLY [EDITED] DID!!!
... could have been if Laura hadn't killed him ... had so much of the same background," --- Laura Bush on meeting ... UNLINKE HILLARY, LAURA KNOWS: NEVER NAG AND NIT-PICK ...
www.bathroomgirls.com... - Cached

Laura Bush: 1963, ran stop sign & killed boyfriend [Free Republic]
... I know someone who, at 17, ran over and killed, a 2 ... But, to a grown man like yourself, who dresses as a ... Also, to the best of my knowledge Laura Bush is not an ...
www.freerepublic.com... - Cached

Who2 Loop: Accidental Killers
... and is known around the world as LAURA BUSH. ... Andrew Malcolm, said "To this day Mrs. Bush remains unable ... her eighth-story Manhattan apartment and killed a man ...
www.who2.com... - Cached

filchyboy | Laura Bush Kills Motorist
... Let's just say the victim that Laura Bush killed 37 years ago had ... Now Mrs. Bush strongly opposes stem cell research that could allow the man a chance ...
filchyboy.typepad.com... - Cached

Very strange administration we have now. Bush's at least one KNOWN DUI. Cheney's THREE. Laura's vehicular homicide...

But Kennedy is a drunk and murderer.

[edit on 9-12-2004 by RANT]

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Very strange administration we have now. Bush's at least one KNOWN DUI. Cheney's THREE. Laura's vehicular homicide...

Money talkes and GWB walks

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Kennedy was drunk and drove his car into a lake and left the female passenger to drown. He then returned to the party he had gotten drunk at and left the girl with and they didn't report the accident until what, an hour after his return?

Apparently Laura bush got into an accident when she was 17, that was the fault of her own recklessness and someone died in it. Its similar, but not really the same thing at all.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Anyone who would contribute money to a Ted Kennedy memorial is an IDIOT. Ted Kennedy is a pompous butt worm. Where is the "Kennedy Curse" when you really, really need it??

Oh the curse may very well be there and perhaps; that is why he will not run for Prez, he may fear the curse, who knows and be thinking he would end of 6 feet under as his brothers did.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
RANT -

I followed the links you provided and none of them claim she was DUI when the accident occurred. The police were on the scene quickly and the young man in question was already dead.

Sounds like a bad teenage driver to me.

It is strange they didn�t press charges�should probably have done that. It was probably due to her family�s influence but it could also be because the intersection was very poorly marked or was known to be dangerous or something else we just don�t know enough about�not enough info to go on so I�ll stick with family covering it up.

The reason people like me think Ted Kennedy is different is that he ABANDONED the girl after the accident. He was so self absorbed that he LET HER DROWN SLOWLY and tried to cover the incident up. THIS is why we hate the man.

It�s a matter of character. Both committed terrible mistakes, and both could be forgiven or at least accepted if they showed some sort of remorse. However, Kennedy�s actions in response to his mistake have branded him a coward and a cur for the rest of his life. He will die with that stain, and should be held as an example to our youth about priorities.

Perhaps Laura Bush did something wildly irresponsible that day and should have been punished but that was for the police to decide. She didn�t run away while someone was dying and she does not act unremorseful for it.

Also, Laura has learned from her mistakes�you don�t see her making a public spectacle of herself getting drunk all the time. While Teddy boy STILL drinks like a fish and squanders opportunity after opportunity to redeem himself.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBigD

No. Look at his moniker. Then factor that into his allegations.

Murderous implies, well you get the picture. It was an accident. This has been gone over ad naseum. Next thing is, they will concede that while she is not a murderess, she is, by definition a killer.

The weather man says that tomorrow is going to be a lousy commute; wintry mix on the roads. Don't you know that that is Bush's fault, too?:shk:

It's too funny sometimes.

Back to topic, Teddy is free to spend his own money however he wants. It would be quite pompous to ask the public to chip in, though - UNLESS - he promises to step down from the Senate. That would be worth $5, and you'd be surprised how many Mass. residents would be willing to kick in on those terms.

For those not from that era, Teddy was driving with his secretary, Mary Jo Kopechne, on Chappaquiddick Island, Mass., and hit a bridge so hard that her panties ended up in his glove compartment. She drowned. Happened at night, and he didn't report it till his BAC had lowered. To quote local sentiment:

- Chappaquiddick has been called "the most brilliant cover-up ever achieved in a nation where investigative procedures are well developed and where the principles of equal justice prevail, at least during some of those moments where people are watching."
~ The Last Kennedy by Robert Sherrill

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Orginaly posted by jsobecky
Back to topic, Teddy is free to spend his own money however he wants. It would be quite pompous to ask the public to chip in, though - UNLESS - he promises to step down from the Senate. That would be worth $5, and you'd be surprised how many Mass. residents would be willing to kick in on those terms.

LOL What a wonderful thought, wish I had thought of it.
Let me know when you get an address to send my donation to. I am all for getting that *&%$# out of office and I do not even live in MASS.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Yeah he is and what should Laura Bush's or anyone eles actions have to do with those of Ted Kennedy. So she got in a accident and someone was killed OK was that a good thing of course not, but whats that have to do with drunken actions of Ted Kennedy is that suppose to legitimize his actions and the death he caused?

Also there is no proof she was drunk but proof Ted Kennedy was there is a big difference in a fatal accident when alchol is involved

[edit on 10-12-2004 by ShadowXIX]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join