It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Kennedy Proposes Monument to Himself

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Laura was minor as well...

But not getting off topic (no one has given links that propose LBush is trying to erect a statue of herself), what has Kennedy done, other than float the entire revenue of several New England bars, leave a woman to die, and been a lackluster US Senator?

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
An oral history project? That's the big 'monument'? If he wants to pay some guy to talk into a tape recorder to record his life, who gives a flying rat's *expletive deleted*?

EDIT: Oh, I see now. Some people didn't read the article and thought he wanted to put up a statue or something.

[edit on 10-12-2004 by curme]

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I assume that the night in question some 20 years ago, that Ted Kennedy left the woman for dead, is that she was a common whore and that her life was not worth saving, a piece of meat for pleasure and that his father would take care of the situation, while he slept off his hang over.

My problem is that how can the people of Mass keep electing the man term after term.

He left a women to die and I hope he rots in hell for this act.

He is a pompus ass!

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Both Kennedy and Laura Bush's tragedies were "accidents."

Both in the 60's (within 6 years of each other). Both under suspicious circumstances. Both met with tremendous leniency.

Read the snopes account for Laura. Driving an estimated 50 miles per hour blowing through a stop sign on an open Texas road in perfect weather with no trees or other cars in site but that of her teenage boyfriend she slammed into on her way to a party.

or not, a sobriety test should have been done. It wasn't.

Sent home. No charges. Not even a pont on her license. Hello? Driving through a stop sign? Some classmates say it was her ex-boyfriend, as they were fighting. Some say just a boy she knew. Some say her current boyfriend. Some say a boy she wanted desperately but couldn't have. Regardless, a little more than a whoopsey.

Just like in Kennedy's case.

Ted in all likelyhood was drinking his butt off, but that's just speculation too. The difference is he was charged with leaving the scene of an accident, plead guilty, accepted the charges...which was then 20 days in jail, and typically a suspended sentence for community members in good standing.

I ask you, isn't a sitting US Senator that just saw his two brothers murdered a community member in good standing? Sentence suspended. It's what America wanted. Like him or not, he's one of the most popular and effective US Senators in history. Constantly re-elected by his constituents over the past 40 years. And yes, part of being effective is making you all hate him. That means he's doing his job. His conservative counterpart would be someone like Jesse Helms, that is equally honored and hated throughout the country.

But back to the 35 year old accident that the hypocrites think means he shouldn't be honored by willing donors, though they all just love W and Laura. Why again?

Especially considering the records of the entire Bush administration. Who had more reason to drink in the 60's? A grieving Ted Kennedy? Or W and Cheney? Party girl Laura?

Please. Ted made mistakes. Went on TV and talked about them live. Plead with the country for forgiveness. He got it.

W said in 2000 it's inappropriate to bring up the past. He won't discuss it. And nobody does discuss it, but lawd how ya love to bring up Kennedy's 35 year old transgressions. :shk:

Doesn't matter. His job is as secure as Bush's.

He'll get his audio history, just like Bush will get a library. I think it's hysterical that fools will contribute hundreds of millions to honor Bush for of all things A LIBRARY
but they will and that's just fine. If others want to contribute a paltry $3.5 million to an effort for Ted. Good enough.

And just to clarify, I personally don't care if Little Laura ice picked every man between Baton Rouge and Lubbock... I just bring it up when tongue waggers talk about Kennedy. But since it came up, don't you think it's severely effected her adult life? You don't get to be that much of a pill popping, glassy eyed enabler (think of W and the twins) without severe mental anguish. And yes, Ted probably still drinks too for the same reason.

They both killed somebody. So what for Laura? Then so what for Ted.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIRR1
I assume that the night in question some 20 years ago, that Ted Kennedy left the woman for dead, is that she was a common whore and that her life was not worth saving, a piece of meat for pleasure and that his father would take care of the situation, while he slept off his hang over.

Wow. You really don't have a clue what you're talking about. Mary Jo Kopechne was his brother's secretary. Not a whore. You dishonor her memory tremendously. She probably died on impact when the car flipped. Ted's lack of heroism (while probably drunk) effects her death very little.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
One thing I think we can all agree on is that both deaths were a shame. Neither death should condone the actions of the other person. Accidents can happen to even the best of us, But if alcohol was a factor in either accident it was just wrong no doubt about it.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
I'm sure Laura Bush's murderous teenage driving spree makes you furious as well.

Yeah I know. At least she wasn't drunk when she killed a man.

If it really will make MADD upset though to honor Kennedy, just tell me where to send money. I'm all for it.

Oh how gracious to equate a tragedy in a 17 year old's life (there was "murderous teenage driving spree") ,with that of a man who was involved in an accident whilst intoxicated - and the woman in the car just happened to be his mistress and pregnant with his child. Maybe a monument to Mary Jo Kopechne? Other interesting info:

" Senator Kennedy's driver's license had expired on February 22, 1969 (nearly 5 months before the accident) and had not been renewed.
- Although driving with an expired license was only a misdemeanor, it did provide the evidence of negligence needed to prove a manslaughter charge in the death of Mary Jo Kopechne.
- The license problem was "fixed" by officials at the Registry of Motor Vehicles, under the direction of Registrar Richard McLaughlin, before the legal proceedings began."

Read it all here. Lots and lots more interesting stuff .CHAPPAQUIDDICK:A Profile in Cowardice
Ted Kennedy, the accident, and the cover-up
www.ytedk.com...

Must suck being the brother of two great men? But things could be worse could be the sister of two great men, Rosemary - their father had her lobotomised when her problem was probably dyslexia at worst promiscuity.

" Rosemary's fate and how it was handled was the ultimate Kennedy deception. As late as 1958 the family was maintaining the fiction that Rosemary had become a quasi nun in Wisconsin, content to renounce the glamorous world of her siblings to teach less fortunate children. Today the official family version is that she was born retarded, and that only her mother's herculean efforts had made it possible for her to appear normal."

[edit on 10-12-2004 by Mynaeris]

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
It's what America wanted

lets not pretend that he didn't use the fact that he was a kennedy and a senator to get past that. He was in all likelyhood drunk, and he drove his car into a lake. The woman in the car with him died. He left the accident. He didn't try to get her out or anythign like that and didn't even bother to get the police. He left the scene of the accident.

Laura Bush, apparently, is an idiot who ran a stop sign while doing, at least, 50 mph, and plowed into a car that had the right of way (well, assumedly, its a reasonable assumption). The cops shoudl've prosecuted her to the full extent of the law. They didn't. They often don't. She got away with it, kennedy got a way with it. Agreed. What caused the deaths, in one, drunken recklessness and leaving the scene of the accident, in the other, sheer stupidity and recklessness. The cases aren't quite the same either, out side of that, becuase she was some 17 year old kid, kennedy was a Senator.
But obviously that shouldn't prevent a 'monument' of any kind being made out of voluntary money.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
It's a well-worn liberal tactic to try and deflect the subject away from the area that hurts you the most. In this case, it's Kennedy, one of your best and brightest
once again making a fool of himself and his supporters.

We now know to use this action of yours as a sign that we've once again hit the mark.

Back to the orginal subject of this thread, please.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Wow. You really don't have a clue what you're talking about. Mary Jo Kopechne was his brother's secretary. Not a whore. You dishonor her memory tremendously. She probably died on impact when the car flipped. Ted's lack of heroism (while probably drunk) effects her death very little.

I would say that you're the one not getting it. He was giving us the situation from Kennedy's supposed viewpoint, not calling Mary Jo a whore.

I see you're still trying to deflect this onto Laura Bush ...

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
I see you're still trying to deflect this onto Laura Bush ...

I see you're still talking to me like you know me.

Let's see. Two posts in a row from you talking about me still doing something, as if something could have possibly changed in the last 10 minutes.

Speaking of "well worn tactics" and whatever else you summarized about me from your cursory observations in your very, very short time here... eh why bother.

I'll just be leaving my tail out here wagging to see if you decide to grab it a third time.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Please take a look at this ATS thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And report back to us all the things that Laura Bush has done to make her just as bad ...

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Will Mary Jo Kopechne be displayed as a part of this proposed 'monument'?
I love re-hash.....

seekerof

[edit on 10-12-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Please take a look at this ATS thread:

And report back to us all the things that Laura Bush has done to make her just as bad ...

I don't report to you or the imaginary organization you represent whoever you are.

Why don't you just read this thread in it's entireity and understand I was neither attacking Laura nor defending Kennedy in anything except having people willingly contribute to a memorial for his Senate service. His accident has nothing to do with it, anymore than Laura's accident has to do with anything today (except making a relevant point to Kennedy detractors).

Why does everything have to be black and white? I added perspective for those that somehow thought a 35 year old accident has anything to do with Kennedy's Senate service. Get some perspectiive yourself here. There's no winning an argument on which person is better. Is there ever a good way to kill an innocent person?

If you want to talk about his senate record and why he shouldn't be honored....BRAVO! But his driving record? :shk:

Fine. Then I'm talking about Laura, Shrub's and Cheney's driving records for perspective and to make the point.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Will Mary Jo Kopechne be displayed as a part of this proposed 'monument'?
I love re-hash.....

seekerof

[edit on 10-12-2004 by Seekerof]

It's not a statue, but audio recordings.
Like I said earlier, if he wants to pay some guy to tape record his life, who cares? How does it affect any of us? Why should we care?

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
No, the point (of this thread) is whether or not Kennedy commissioning a monument to himself was ridiculous.

You are the one that tried to make it about someone and something else.

And, my, don't we become a little testy when our tactics are exposed.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Since we are deflecting from the topic, I guess nobody wants to discuss poor Rosemary Kennedy. I guess its because she didn't kill anybody whilst driving a car?

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   

No, the point (of this thread) is whether or not Kennedy commissioning a monument to himself was ridiculous.

I guess you don't read past headlines, much like our President.

Here's the initial post and entire argument against Kennedy being honored as presented. It's all about the accident and MADD and drunk driving and killing someone.
Not anything relevant (unless you consider everyone's driving record relevant...MY POINT!)

Originally posted by SIRR1
This must be a sick joke!

Lets remember this man tried to cover up the death of a woman in Chappaquiddick.

By his own hands took her life, and now he want us to honor him?

Sure his family has power, and his brothers were a very important part of this countries history.

For Ted Kennedy to purposely memorialize himself is his realization that no one will do it for him, and that his power and political life has come to an end.

Ted Kennedy will be remembered as the Brother of John and Bobby and the one who was the drunk!

MADD (Mothers Against Drunk Drivers) should be up in arms over this monument, because it would symbolize how a drunk driver killed and got away with murder.

You and I would still be in prison if we committed this crime, but Kennedy kill and walk away to drink another day.

newsmax.com...

So other than a dozen or so people saying "What a pompous ass!" I'm actually one of the few that contributed anything relevant to this thread. At this point you're the only one derailing it and off topic.

And, my, don't we become a little testy when our tactics are exposed.

I get testy like all people when stalked and baited.

I'm now offically asking you to stop addressing me.

[edit on 10-12-2004 by RANT]

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
hahaha!

Sorry to go off-topic, but Seekerof your new avatar nearly had me pissing in my pants laughing...*wipes away tears*

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
OK. Sure.

So, Kennedy get's his monument for being a lousy senator and some say lousy human being responsible for a tragic death.

Bill Clinton gets his double-wide presidential library for leaving a trail of dead people in his wake a mile long.

Is a pattern starting to develop

Maybe Teddie was just too 'passive' to get to the White House.

[edit on 12/10/2004 by centurion1211]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join