It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A hidden code in the Bible revealed

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: InfinityandBeyond
If the "flood" really happened, where's the proof of this?

Think of it like you would 9/11 or any other conspiracy...

You've GOT to forget everything the mainstream apparatus is saying.

Science "knowledge" is nothing but one huge mind control OP with a stealth agenda.

There is almost complete agreement among the hundreds of flood legends found among nearly all the nations and tribes worldwide.

So who disagrees with all of these flood legends?

Bingo: MSM and academia...

originally posted by: CherubBaby
Native global flood stories are documented as history or legend in almost every region on earth. Old world missionaries reported their amazement at finding remote tribes already possessing legends with tremendous similarities to the Bible's accounts of the worldwide flood. H.S. Bellamy in Moons, Myths and Men estimates that altogether there are over 500 Flood legends worldwide. Ancient civilizations such as (China, Babylonia, Wales, Russia, India, America, Hawaii, Scandinavia, Sumatra, Peru, and Polynesia) all have their own versions of a giant flood.

originally posted by: Sun Matrix
It's hard to find a culture without a flood story........Noah is the real deal.

originally posted by: lonewolf19792000
I hate to burst your bubble of self delusion but it must be done. Archeaology has already proved the "great flood" in fact has happened. Archeaology has also proved Jericho did exist and in the spot the bible said it did and that it was also razed and burnt to the ground. Archeaology has also proved that Troy actually did exist and that it too was razed to the ground. Archeaology has also proved that Herodium in fact did exist and many ancient cities in Israel that are in the bible actually did exist like Caesaria and even the Temple of Herod and jewish coins from the first century A.D. were in fact discovered at the base of the Mt. Moriah with maccabee inscriptions on them. Archeaology is a well established and well respected science by the world scientific community world wide, it is hardly "psuedo-science".

originally posted by: Lazarus Short
Flood myths are almost universal, and the one of the Miao people in China has preserved the names of all the patriarchs of Genesis PHONETICALLY for all those centuries. Yes, they got the names of Noah, his wife, and his sons all correct, sounding more than merely recognizable. I can't buy the local flood theories - I mean there were and are local floods, but the big one is preserved in the entire sedimentary layers around the world. You can interpret them as laid down during millions of years if you want, but I think rapid deposition is at least a valid an interpretation.

"And the odds become even longer that Noah's Flood is not an historical fact when one considers the hundreds of tribes from around the world that have ancestral knowledge of the global Flood. And yet, we are expected to ignore this overwhelming evidence because it contradicts current mainstream science and archaeology.

Hundreds of tribal legends and ancient accounts from Egypt, Babylon, and the Indus confirm the account of Noah's Flood from the book of Genesis. These tribes and ancient cultures obviously had no interest in copying a Hebrew account about a global Flood, therefore, all of these accounts must have been independently derived by the various people-groups' ancestors from the eight who were on the vessel that endured the global Flood. When the eight reproduced and spread out across the Middle East, and soon thereafter, much of the world (as some were demonstrably excellent mariners), the memory of the worldwide Flood was retained, and to a not-surprisingly great degree."

The Ancients Knew of the Global Flood

What is the significance of the various flood legends? The answer seems obvious: (a) we have well over 200 flood legends that tell of a great flood (and possibly more than 500); (b) many of the legends come from different ages and civilizations that could not possibly have copied any of the similar legends; (c) the legends were recorded long before any missionaries arrived to relate to them the Genesis account of Noah; and (d) almost all civilizations have some sort of flood legend. The conclusion to be drawn from such facts is that in the distant past, there was a colossal flood that forever affected the history of all civilizations.

Preserved in the myths and legends of almost every people on the face of the globe is the memory of the great catastrophe. While myths may not have any scientific value, yet they are significant in indicating the fact that an impression was left in the minds of the races of mankind that could not be erased.

Legends of the Flood

originally posted by: FatherLukeDuke
And here is the clincher that is unarguable proof of the great flood: Petrified clams in the closed position (found all over the world) testify to their rapid burial while they were still alive, even on top of Mount Everest.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
i'll say it:

i think all ya'll got a lot more reading to do....as my wife told me they say it in Asia...you got a lot more bowls of rice to eat.

i'm being nice...i don't want to keep reading news stories where young people go join up with morons in fruitless endeavors.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: michaelbrux

Oh dear. First evil linguists, and now demonic transliteration. What's next? Satanic grammar?

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Utnapisjtim

idiocy...not next...but a continuation, obviously.

pump your breaks.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Utnapisjtim

idiocy...not next...but a continuation, obviously.

pump your breaks.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke
The bible is a story from which you should harness the core values trough alegories.
The parables are the best examples.
Beside that, there are prophecies ...

Anyone that tells you that all Scripture is allegory is completely out of touch with reality, period.

The Bible is to be taken literally unless the text in question is obviously symbolic.

The Bible DOES frequently employ allegory, such as in Gal.4:21-24.

But it also makes it perfectly clear when doing so.

The Golden Rule of Biblical interpretation is:

When the plain sense of Scripture makes common sense, seek no other sense; therefore, take every word, at its primary, ordinary, usual, literal meaning unless the facts of the immediate context, studied in the light of related passages and axiomatic and fundamental truths, indicate clearly otherwise.

The Golden Rule of Interpretation

Those holding to an allegorical interpretation of the Bible point to a variety of scriptures and use them as proof-texts for the claim that God intended for His Word to be interpreted allegorically, and as we shall see, many of these verses have been taken out of context or redefined so as to give the appearance of supporting the false allegorical mode of interpretation. www.scribd.com...

If you don't believe the Bible....fine...don't believe it. But don't suggest that one part should be taken allegory when another part of the Bible CLEARLY indicates that it isn't. I'm guessing you don't do that with other forms of literature, do you?

If you have a history book on George Washington, do you decide to read chapter 3 as an allegory, but the rest of it as fact simply because you don't want to believe the events of chapter 3 took place? If chapter 14 is believed to be historical---and it refers to the events of chapter 3 as historical....why would you believe chapter 3 to be allegory?

Is The Bible Literal Or Allegorical?

originally posted by: BO XIAN
In many dozens, hundreds of cases, THE LITERALISTS WERE ALWAYS PROVEN CORRECT as archeology uncovered more and more confirmation that the Bible was literally true in detail after detail. Some things are literal AND symbolic, both/and. I don't think a great number of things in the Bible are primarily or only symbolic.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
let me ask the OP one question? have you ever considered the consequences of your interpretations/the impact they have on the lives of teenagers?

comparing Sumerian story books to the Book of Genesis...do you think that's responsible?

people really count on you for authentic guidence, not propaganda.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
can't you see OP...Sumerian story telling style is compelling but it can't be equated with the Testimony of a King...

it should equated with the testimony of a krackhead. not just average crack...but something cooked up in a laboratory by your nations top chemists.

fiction is fiction is Sumeria

the Bible is Testimony under oath and penalty of Death. not physical death...but the real one...whatever that may be...I wouldn't know about it.
edit on 24-10-2014 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

watch the whole thing. hahaha!

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

i remember her voice and lessons. its fun...you probably imagine that i applied them as an adult in a different way...

...but the fun makes it easy.

but i never equated Mary Poppins with the Testimony of a Monarch as the OP is doing....just to stay on topic.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

i was just appealing to your filtration system, such as referring to the gathered company as idiots.
i realize i'm not the smartest grape on the vine, but i don't think i'm an idiot, nor are any of the other people on the thread. here is a little something i have learned over the last erm, half a century plus, of living:

we are all victims of lack of information. if you study that idea, and apply to all the pain, misunderstanding, war, cruelties and etc you find through out history, you realize that is the big baddy, the single, largest and most destructive enemy of human kind - we are not idiots, we're missing huge pieces of the puzzle.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
the Fun makes it easy...and the roar of your team...

it's like...i'll fight him...he's huge but even if i lose, which is not likely, he's not smaller than me.

these are the lessons that i've learned from both Sumerian and Semitic literature and story telling styles.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

after 13 straight years?

no...i'm sorry but know we are at the place were people should be able to accept that any info needed to make a decision that doesn't involve further destruction is available to all of us free of charge. many want to continue to fight and a fight you will get without end. choose to do right or expect war without end is what I think the message on the news channels are saying.

anyway...I got the idiot and moron phrase from what Humbaba called Gilgamesh for listening to Enkidu...when the two latter went to his house to murder him for the wood in his forest. a reference to Sumerian literature, which I criticize when comparing it biblical stories.

either way...2.5 million stars is impressive...in a way, if you think i was referring to you specifically, i envy a moron. what does that make me?

have a little fun...

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: michaelbrux

after 13 straight years?

no...i'm sorry but know we are at the place were people should be able to accept that any info needed to make a decision that doesn't involve further destruction is available to all of us free of charge. many want to continue to fight and a fight you will get without end. choose to do right or expect war without end is what I think the message on the news channels are saying.

anyway...I got the idiot and moron phrase from what Humbaba called Gilgamesh for listening to Enkidu...when the two latter went to his house to murder him for the wood in his forest. a reference to Sumerian literature, which I criticize when comparing it biblical stories.

either way...2.5 million stars is impressive...in a way, if you think i was referring to you specifically, i envy a moron. what does that make me?

have a little fun...

those stars are a mistake in the system, a glitch. it's impossible to get that many stars here. lol

let me rephrase - lets say you're born with a handicap that has cures or remedies today, but 100 years ago, it didn't. and 100 years ago, they thought because you had that handicap, god had cursed you. fast forward, you go get medical help, the problem is fixed, people no longer think you've been cursed by god. and none of it had anything to do with you, specifically, but just the information was missing 100 years ago, and today it is not.

300 years ago, the enlightenment period started in german universities. no-god-science, became the new order of the day, and every single ancient history text was ruled mythology. that is, till 40 years later, when the science of archaeology was developed. but during that 40 years, thousands of years of history, were thrown in the trash barrel. and even though archaeology has proven that many of those ancient texts actually have real history in them, those ancient texts are still considered mythological.

this problem is what has confused us all - we've been taught to believe that the only valid history is what comes out of universities or churches. everything else is a myth.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Sumeria was considered a myth until the early 20th century, Pluto was 'discovered' in 1930 and declared a planet only to be downgraded in 2006.

chicken is good for you, pork is not...or is it?

my great grandparents lived into their 100s my grandparents only to the late 60s.

these are evidence of the war that you are fighting....under no circumstances, someone has decided, can we ever possesses certainty.

the market collapses and rises for no good reason...other than what the newspaper said.

you have to choose to not be handicapped.

you have to choose on who you fight with or not and for what reason.

fight with me...okay.

Sumeria is no comparison to the Bible. Prove me wrong.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: michaelbrux

Sumeria is no comparison to the Bible. Prove me wrong.

oh heck no, cause i agree. i use the biblical text to filter everything else historical. preaching to the choir. however, i don't discount it's usefulness, same thing with ancient egyptian texts (some of those are real doozies. ever read the legend of the destruction of mankind? it's trying to tell people something, but apparently, only the people who were allowed to actually understand it. to everyone else, it was just a bit of entertainment with a somewhat happy ending).
edit on 24-10-2014 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke
The bible is a story from which you should harness the core values trough alegories. The parables are the best examples.

That kind of belief is why things are the way they are today.

"Yea, hath God said…" Gen. 3:1

It's anything BUT a story book.

It's an INSTRUCTION manual.

The Bible is Gods credentials.

The Word is alive, it changes things.

"The Bible is no mere book, but it's a living creature with a power that conquers all who oppose it." Napoleon

This is the reason why that out of 28 books throughout human history that people claim to be from God that only the Bible contains prophecy that have NEVER missed.

It is baseline of known truth, or a reference point.

Scriptures are the missing link between ALL conspiracy theories.

It contains everything that you need to know.

The Bible says in around 400 different places that Jesus, is the ONLY way to heaven.

In numerous NDE's, Jesus refers to the Bible as "my word" or "my book":

"In fact, everything that My children need to know about how God thinks and works and judges and rewards, either before or after the Cross, is already in My Book. That is why I commanded mankind to ‘engrave My Words upon their hearts,’ and to pass them along from generation to generation. I wanted everyone to hear and know just Who I AM, the Messiah, their one hope of Salvation, their Most High God." www.ctestimony.org...

Not long ago, the Lord gave me $200,000. I said, "Lord, what am I going to do with it? I don't need it. What did You give it to me for?" He said, "You passed my test."I said, "Passed your test? What in the world did I do to pass Your test?" He said, "You fulfilled a scripture. Tell them everywhere you go...tell them that the Bible is my test; every time they fulfill a scripture, tell them to never worry about the answers to their prayers."

Misguided Faith by Norvel Hayes.

I have asked the Lord, "Jesus, why do you bless me like this?" "Because you passed my test," He answered. "How did I pass your test?" You fulfilled the Scripture," He said. "My test for the human race and the Church is obedience to the Scriptures." This statement seems simple to me. God has a test He wants you to pass. He said, "I don't have any other test except the Scriptures. Tell my people that there are blessings attached to each verse that is fulfilled by any believing Christian.

Let Not Your Heart Be Troubled

This life is a preparation for the next... All Christians are now on probation, to prove character and to test us for the world to come, to see what we'll do with the life weve been given, to test our repentance, how real it is, to test our obediance whether we plan to be an obediant Christian or not, to prove our faithfulness, to see what well do with time...

Fire on the Altar MP3

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
guess who these people are
and that's from an ancient egyptian city.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
According to this:

www.icr.org...

the Miao people have passed the name down through oral tradition for ~4500 years phonetically - "Nuah." Very close.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join