It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A hidden code in the Bible revealed

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: undo
op, do you happen to know off the top of your head if the "j" document called elohim, elohim or yahweh or god or what, in the creation verses?

J source is called the Jahvist source, it uses the name JHVH translated LORD.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   
i've had some time to ponder your comments michaelbrux
if the serpent survived the flood because ham brought it onboard the ark, and the serpent is dna, this means it's a reference to ham's dna? why ham's? or is it your position that it's a race-based form of dna? and if so, what race? and why would a person's worth be based on their dna?

based on your avatar and your fighting videos, the impression i'm getting is you think it's the south vs. the north in the usa. but the biggest population of black people in the usa, are in the south. so if this is an attack on black people, why would anybody want to do that? we have worked hard as a nation to resolve the racial divide conflict. and if it's an attack on white people, why? again, we have, as a group, worked hard to resolve the racial divide conflict

if it's an attack of one political party vs. the other, why, and what does it have to do with dna? remember, i'm not the one that brought dna into the story, you did.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Utnapisjtim

op, do you happen to know off the top of your head if the "j" document called elohim, elohim or yahweh or god or what, in the creation verses?

J source is called the Jahvist source, it uses the name JHVH translated LORD.

and jehovah is yahweh - same word. so do you have access to the j source? i would like to check what names for yahweh were given in the creation of the adam section.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: undo

I have Friedman's Torah where the different sources are marked in different type styles.

The Bible with sources revealed
by Richard Elliot Friedman
ISBN 978-0-06-073065-9

Great for reference, and it sort of makes sense all in all.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   

I have Friedman's Torah where the different sources are marked in different type styles.

ISBN 978-0-06-073065-9

well can you look and see what the name of the creator in the scene where the adam is created male and female?

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: michaelbrux

she rebelled against herself.

she lost.

well now, how do you rebel against yourself? that means there's actually not a divisive group dividing people after all, just people fighting their own reflections

i've considered that in quantum universe sort of way, but not sure how that qualifies as losing a battle against yourself.

do you know why enlil wanted to nerf human dna?

The choice of a Katana as the divisive weapon does steer the allegory.

The beheading of Holofernes by Judith over "water" comes to mind.
The flood allegory refers to damage by "un channeled water"?

This bible scene appears to use "shared water".

The Innuits had a custom of sharing their wives with visitors however the motive appears not to be religious.
Assuming you survive the maggot covered fish they ate, perhaps the union improves the Innuit gene pool?

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

ISBN 978-0-06-073065-9

well can you look and see what the name of the creator in the scene where the adam is created male and female?

That would be אלהים "Elohim" or ALHJM. Genesis 1 belongs to the P source, or the Priestly source and was the creation story belonging to the Levite priesthood of Jerusalem, I believe the "popular" belief that it belongs to the priesthood of the kingdom of Israel is based on a misunderstanding. P uses the name Elohim until Exodus 6:2 which is also P but there God (Elohim) reveals his name as יהוה "LORD". The language of P is more "modern" than J and E.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

Now where's the damn garlic when you need it?!?

Can you please stop talking about beheading people with your mighty Katana in my thread? I just received a call that my life long friend just had his skull smashed in. So I'm not in the mood for thread-drifting psychos with swords right now. Shambles!!!

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

a reply to: Cauliflower

Now where's the damn garlic when you need it?!?

Can you please stop talking about beheading people with your mighty Katana in my thread? I just received a call that my life long friend just had his skull smashed in. So I'm not in the mood for thread-drifting psychos with swords right now. Shambles!!!

oh my. i'm sorry to hear that. : /
virtual hugs.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

oh my. i'm sorry to hear that. : /
virtual hugs.

Thanks. Don't know so much about it yet, but apparently there was a head injury involved. I can see several possible scenarios, but I don't know anything for certain yet. Bad day

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I have been arguing that the Bible is written in an allegoric code for some years now, but no one really seems interested in deciphering this code despite the fantastic implications. I know that I lack the knowledge (Hebrew and Greek) and skill to do much more than a partial decipherment, so I have been hoping that others would at least take notice of some of my findings and the subject would catch on.

In regards to the example you uncovered, it is what I refer to as a “disguised” name. Plato’s Cratylus discusses how names can be disguised and it is very useful as a sort of primer in cracking this code. The fact that Plato was involved in describing how this code works provides an additional indication as to the extent that this code was employed throughout the ancient world.

As to the hidden meaning of Noah’s flood, the key is right in front of you. The parallel between the story of Noah and the Sumerian flood is designed to supply context. If I tell you that “water” represents “writings” then I am sure that with a little thought you will start to understand what the Noah flood story is telling us. If a Sumerian legend is aboard the “Ark” then just follow the logic from there. (Remember also that there is no literal reference to Sumer in the entire Bible which is clearly intentional.)

Note that one of Noah’s “sons” has the unlikely name of “Shem” which in Hebrew means “name”. This is an idea that can easily be associated with the assignment of metaphors. If this is the intended meaning, then it tells us that the idea of metaphor assignment came from the Sumerians. This is an idea that would involve multiple legends, so we would categorize the “sons” of Noah as more general concepts which leaves the “animals” to represent more specific ideas such as individual stories. You should also note that the Hebrew word for “oil” is “shemen” which we might also view as a disguised form of “shem”. Then consider the fact that “oil” is used to “anoint” and from “anointed” we get “Christ” and from Christ we get “christen”. This is one way you can confirm hidden meanings of metaphors.

We are told that the name “Moses” means “drawn from (water)” and we know that the Books of Moses contain a number of stories that also seem to be variations of Sumerian legends. So, the idea represented by Moses seems closely related to the idea represented by Noah, but while Noah supplies us with the context, the story of Moses supplies us with a greater number of details. If Moses is intended to refer to Sumerian elements incorporated into Hebrew texts, then we need to consider the possibility that “Egypt”, which played such a significant role in the story of Moses, is intended as a metaphor and not a reference to the actual country. This then leads to the suspicion that Moses was actually the “Deliverer” of the Akkadians.

We can also expect the Sumerian legends to hold their own hidden history. Prior to Cuneiform, the Sumerians probably employed an even more primitive form of writing, which explains why there appears to be two flood stories as well as two creation stories in the Bible.

Clearly, if there is real history hidden in Biblical allegory it would be of great interest to those that oppose religion since it puts religion in a significantly different light. Cracking this code would also be of great interest to archeologists since it would help to confirm or explain many of their findings and point the way to new discoveries. (I believe that mainstream historians will strongly resist this approach, since it would raise too many issues for them.)

edit on 27-10-2014 by swordwords because: grammer

edit on 27-10-2014 by swordwords because: added space between words

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Remember also that there is no literal reference to Sumer in the entire Bible which is clearly intentional

sumer is shinar

Shinar = "country of two rivers"

the ancient name for the territory later known as Babylonia or Chaldea

www.blueletterbible.org...

Gen 10:10
And the beginning of his kingdom was Babel, and Erech, and Accad, and Calneh, in the land of Shinar.

edit on 27-10-2014 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Remember also that there is no literal reference to Sumer in the entire Bible which is clearly intentional

sumer is shinar

Shinar = "country of two rivers"

the ancient name for the territory later known as Babylonia or Chaldea

www.blueletterbible.org...

Gen 10:10
And the beginning of his kingdom was Babel, and Erech, and Accad, and Calneh, in the land of Shinar.

The last I heard about Sumer being Shinar was that it was mere speculation to explain the lack of any clear references to Sumer in the Bible, since the inerrancy of the Bible requires that it be mentioned somewhere. Also, blueletterbible.org is hardly an unbiased source. I have also seen another suggestion that the name "Shem" is intended as reference to Sumer. Obviously, the Shem supporters are unimpressed with the Shinar claim.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

these women, her sisters i imagine, sang a song for her because she lost herself in confusion:

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: michaelbrux

that is so unlike me, it's rather shocking lol

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: swordwords

where else would babylon, accad and erech (uruk) be? certainly not in egypt or china.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
this is more my speed. i mean, new york?

well i'm not a guy, but i'm white and nerdy. i don't see myself as confused either. i had far less understanding of the old testament when i didn't question why it said what it said. that's actually useful, ya know? studying, i mean.
edit on 27-10-2014 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Utnapisjtim

I looked up Utnapishtim on Wikipedia, and he is a character in the Epic of Gilgamesh who also built a giant ark and used it to survive a flood, and then was granted immortality. This story was believed to have inspired Noah's. I wonder if Utnapishtim had his own story outside of Gilgamesh.
edit on 28amTue, 28 Oct 2014 11:43:04 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: swordwords

One thing that strikes me, is that the first evidence we have of language, the given languages are so advanced even today we can't seem to decipher them properly. Stuff like that takes generations and generations. Flood or similar deludge seems natural, for all of a sudden 6000 years ago people wrote stories as if they haven't done anythjing else.

Nice post

edit on 28-10-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
a reply to: Utnapisjtim

I looked up Utnapishtim on Wikipedia, and he is a character in the Epic of Gilgamesh who also built a giant ark and used it to survive a flood, and then was granted immortality. This story was believed to have inspired Noah's. I wonder if Utnapishtim had his own story outside of Gilgamesh.

There's a bunch of myths, but he's not necessarily called Utnapishtim. In Gilgamesh he is called Utnapishtim, but that's hardly a Flood story. Go for Sidhustra, Atrahasis and so on and you'll find plenty flood storie.
edit on 28-10-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: usual missing s

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join