It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola patient is in NY

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: D4rcyJones

Thanks, I was in a hurry and probably grabbed the wrong one. Thank you.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
So, re. the presser, which I missed -

If the three friends of Dr. Spencer are so far not showing any symptoms, are they trying to say they will be let out of quarantine?

Will they cave into pressure and let the Hissy Fit Nurse out of quarantine?

From the messages I read about the presser, it would seem they're trying to backtrack on the quarantines and will cave into the White House demands to end them.

If I lived in NYC I'd bug out of there. Right now. Don't wait for more people to get sick. Tptb need to remember that Dr. Spencer's friends have just started their quarantines. It's too early to give them the all-clear. Same thing with Hissy Fit Nurse.

We should know within a week or two how serious this is getting.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
have there been any new Updates on Spencer at all?

Is it just me being skeptical or does it seem like the info on him is a lot more tight-lipped than with Duncan?

Didnt someone speculate that he was moving into the "next phase" of the disease? Have they treated him with anything? Experimental or otherwise? Plasma donations?

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune
So, re. the presser, which I missed -

Will they cave into pressure and let the Hissy Fit Nurse out of quarantine?

From the messages I read about the presser, it would seem they're trying to backtrack on the quarantines and will cave into the White House demands to end them.

Well it looks like they compromised just a bit, but not much! Good for them! I follow a breaking news site that just gives alerts, some with links, some without, so here are just a few that are up now....

Under New York's revised guidelines, health care workers who had contact with Ebola patients will be confined in homes for 21 days; state will check health twice-a-day, provide food - @nytimes

New York Gov. Cuomo: White House, CDC have yet to establish protocols for travel quarantines; 'we have to operate now' - live video

New York Gov. Cuomo: 'I'll take that criticism, if you want to call it criticism, that I want to be safer than the CDC is. Fine' - live video

New York Gov. Cuomo says state won't quarantine local workers exposed to Ebola patients, because they're in more controlled environments than in West Africa - live video

New York Gov. Cuomo says CDC protocols for Ebola will be minimum standard, but states can choose to do more - @VivianHYee

BreakingNews

So just from those, it looks like they may release the Hissy Fitter to home quarantine if New Jersey follows in New York's footsteps. Good for New York standing up and not caving to the feds!

As far as the friends and fiancé of Dr. Spencer, they released them from hospital quarantine yesterday and they are on home quarantine for the remainder of their 21 days.

~OkieDokie

ETA: Just found a good article that goes into great detail about the quarantines and all that has been going on behind the scenes. NYTimes.

Also, I may have jumped the gun about how much they compromised, reading more in detail from that article, it looks like they will be unsupervised, but will be monitored twice daily at their homes.
edit on 26-10-2014 by OkieDokie because: added article

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
So ive been looking around for more updates on Spencer Source

Health officials said Dr. Craig Spencer, who was admitted to Bellevue on Thursday and tested positive for Ebola, is entering the next phase of the illness. Doctors said he is awake and communicating but his symptoms are worsening. He's being kept in isolation and is receiving an anti-viral therapy as well as plasma therapy, both of which have been used to treat other Ebola patients in the United States. - See more at: jamestown.twcnews.com...< br />

A few other sources are reporting that as well, but i thought someone said this the day or evening he was first admitted or is that a false-memory?

And also thought that what was taken out of his apartment was going to be burned or disposed of but i guess the CDC is going to check it first to see if it was contaminated? I wonder if we will ever hear those results. Would be intersting to know what exactly was contaminated in his apartment and what wasnt... Might give a better idea of exactly how communicable it really is?

The materials taken out of the unit will be examined by the CDC. Cellphone video was taken from inside by Bio Recovery Corp, the crew that cleaned out Spencer's apartment.

Also found THIS and found it interesting. A lot of people had asked about why Brantly was the one always giving the blood... seems they are using Nancy for Spencer.

Dr. Craig Spencer, who recently returned from treating Ebola patients in Africa with Doctors Without Borders and was diagnosed in New York Thursday, received the transfusion at Manhattan’s Bellevue Hospital Friday, the hospital said in a statement. The Christian organization that Writebol worked with, SIM, confirmed the donation Saturday.

That article also mentions "the next phase"

Bellevue said Saturday that Spencer, 33, is “entering the next phase of his illness” as expected, which is the appearance of gastrointestinal symptoms, but said he was awake and communicating.

Wasnt " GI Symptoms" one of this initial symptoms when he went in or is that a false-memory as well? I thought when he was first admitted he was experiencing the fever as well as GI symptoms? If so, would that not indicate he may have indeed been farther a long than assumed?

If any of this was already posted and i missed just disregard lol

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: itswhatev

No you are on the right track, I recall an early report stating GI symptoms as well I definitely heard the term before today.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Pretty sure weve cobered all that a few pages back. But yes GI symptoms only occuring at the later stage of the illnessmin Dr Spencer's case is a bit surprising. I thought he would have have had them earlier. a reply to: itswhatev

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Yes weve definately has talk of fecal matter exploding from Dr Spencers arse for at least a few dozen pages now, but whether you can find a legitimate source is a different story. a reply to: ValentineWiggin

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ValentineWiggin
a reply to: itswhatev

No you are on the right track, I recall an early report stating GI symptoms as well I definitely heard the term before today.

I thought there were reports that he threw up. What about lower GI symptoms? I thought those showed up later. Didn't Thomas Duncan have explosive diarrhea not long before he passed? Maybe the timing of certain symptoms are different for everyone.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

The progression of symptoms is generally pretty standard but what does vary is the length of each 'stage'
From my understanding of dr in new york the comment about 'gi symptoms' is perhaps a nice way of saying he has started hemorrhaging as in he has gi bleeding which is one of the nastier although not as common as the media would have you believe symptoms. That is pure speculation on my part so could be inaccurate. I only think this as vomiting a diarrhea are far more common than actual hemorrhaging.

Edit: didnt finish the last sentence.. diarrhea and vomitting are unremarkable and probably wouldnt be worth reporting from a medical point of view unless it os more severe. It would like saying that someone who drowned got wet. However as i said its all just my speculation and they may just be wanting to keep people informed so they dont go developing wild conspiracies.
Has there been an offical release anyone can point me to. I haven't received anything through my usual channels to confirm.
edit on 27-10-2014 by D4rcyJones because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: D4rcyJones

I haven't heard of any updates re. Dr. Spencer. I'd like to know what's going on with Amber Vinson too. Supposedly she is testing negative for Ebola but no release date has been given yet.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   

This is a story from this morning but they're referring to his condition yesterday, it seems.
New York Doctor With Ebola 'Looks Better': Official Says

His fiance has returned home. Not sure about the two friends.
edit on 10/27/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Release date really isn't of public concern, if she is EVD free is all that matters, so i wouldn't be surprised if they dont provide it.. its all up to her she has a right to privacy like anyone else. Having said that though there were a couple in Europe that had similar situation, they were declared EVD free but stayed in hospital for another week or so, this is mainly just due to the physical condition the infection can leave you in even once its cleared your system. They can be left extremely weak and still need medical care. I think i remember reading about one patient either in EU or maybe in US that was released but returned to hospital a few days later just because he was just so physically drained he needed to go back on a drip or something?.. ill see if i can dig up where i read it. Also they generally have to test negative 3 times, 24 hours apart so 78 hours after first test would be the earliest possible time for her release assuming that she is physically and medically fit to be released plus also have to account for time in doing the testing, im just guessing because im not familiar with your local guidelines and procedure but im guessing that 5 days would be a rough estimate from first negative test to release if her health is well. I find it really hard to follow what dates people are tested and results and media releases and all that stuff just because of the time difference, has it been more than 3 days since first negative?

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Oh, no...A five year old boy was rushed to Bellevue with suspected Ebola last night. He returned from Guinea Saturday night with his family. He has a 103 temp and is vomiting.

My prayers are with him and his family. I hate it when children get sick!!

www.nypost.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Yeah i just saw this,

Keep in mind the case definition for 'suspect ebola' is very broad there is a range of differential diagnosis's that are far more likely to be causing the symptoms that are reported. Ive never personally gotten off a plane journey that as more than 5 hours without having a fever or other illness, especially given where he is travelling from there is lots of potential conditions, hopefully this young boy will be another closed case.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: D4rcyJones

Yeah i just saw this,

Keep in mind the case definition for 'suspect ebola' is very broad there is a range of differential diagnosis's that are far more likely to be causing the symptoms that are reported. Ive never personally gotten off a plane journey that as more than 5 hours without having a fever or other illness, especially given where he is travelling from there is lots of potential conditions, hopefully this young boy will be another closed case.

I just can't understand why a parent would take a child to an Ebola-infected place like Guinea in the first place. Children don't have fully developed immune systems and are more vulnerable to disease.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

I hope the little one doesn't have it. It is very sad to think that a baby may have Ebola. But high fevers ARE common in little ones. This could be a virus of some sort.
If they are quarenting our DR and Nurses who return from Guinea, why are they NOT quarantining everyone and checking their fever twice a day? Maybe he was self quarantined, and the parents were checking him twice a day. Either way this has to be very scary and upsetting for the family.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

JUST IN: Quarantined nurse, Kaci Hickox, who tested negative for Ebola in N.J. is being released
@ABC

This is just breaking so I don't have any other info on it as far as if she is to remain on home quarantine for the remainder of her time, or if she is free to go with no strings attached.

~OkieDokie

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I'm not seeing any links to this yet but the Pentagon is considering mandatory quarantines for all US troops returning from Ebola-infected countries. That's about 4,000 troops! Where are they going to put them?!

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Something tells me this will end up as "no place to quarantine" thousands of people. Are we guaranteeing the African citizens or just the American citizens? This is all so messed up!

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join