It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola patient is in NY

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Could it be possible that the transmission between bats is happening via insects? Also, not to be too awfully gross, bats tend to move in very dense swarms (but I don't know if that's true for these particular fruit bats)...I would think a guana drop from a bat to another bat might not be to unrealistic. In short, they are filthy little flying vermin...ick.

Rats are cannibalistic, including eating their own young...so yeah and they pee a lot, so double yeah. And now that you bring that up SOLID waste in the New York city rat-infested sewer works prior to the sewage treatment facilities and before any significant dilution just rendered my "infinitesimal to nil" statement utter BS...cause that's a real possibility right there.

holy be-geezus batman

edit on 10-26-2014 by Valhall because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
The guano theory offered by two members makes sense. Bats roost on cave walls and poo from the upper ones would strike those below. Bats are fastidious about cleaning themselves from what I have read, so they would tend to ingest some of the infected matter. Rats may end up being infected by grooming also.
edit on bu312014-10-26T13:21:38-05:0001America/ChicagoSun, 26 Oct 2014 13:21:38 -05001u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

Do you mind if I ask where the number of possible contacts is from (source)?

Oh yah, it was stated in one of the news conferences I was watching as I typed on the thread.

Forget if it was the governor or a health official that said that.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Ahh, thank you! That seems like an awfully low number. Doesn't seem to quite make sense with all his trips around the city.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
This might help.

[Source: WHO]

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

SOMEBODY (making maps) doesn't know where Dallas is! lol

Edit: Oh wait, that claims it was in an animal. What animal report was down there in extreme southern Texas? I missed that report.

edit on 10-26-2014 by Valhall because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Valhall
a reply to: butcherguy

Could it be possible that the transmission between bats is happening via insects? Also, not to be too awfully gross, bats tend to move in very dense swarms (but I don't know if that's true for these particular fruit bats)...I would think a guana drop from a bat to another bat might not be to unrealistic. In short, they are filthy little flying vermin...ick.

Rats are cannibalistic, including eating their own young...so yeah and they pee a lot, so double yeah. And now that you bring that up SOLID waste in the New York city rat-infested sewer works prior to the sewage treatment facilities and before any significant dilution just rendered my "infinitesimal to nil" statement utter BS...cause that's a real possibility right there.

holy be-geezus batman

This is building up to be quite a disaster, it seems. find Jesus

Jesus can heal people of Ebola....
edit on 26/10/2014 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: MarkJS

While I won't argue that he could if he wanted to, I really don't see why he'd even want to get involved.

Besides, I don't foresee the CDC/WHO, etc. writing that up as a legitimate medical treatment plan for the afflicted.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

That comic was awesome!

Mosquitoes and flies come to mind immediately. Can they carry Ebola and infect people with it?

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
He heals ppl who dare to believe that He loves them enough to do so. So then obviously not everybody will get healed. Consequently, it will not be an official sanctioned treatment- endorsed by the CDC.

See the 'Find Jesus' link in the sig for more info.
edit on 26/10/2014 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I don't need to click on your link. We've known each other a while now. You and I will have to agree to disagree on this point and then we need to get back on topic. Which is...

there's a dude in New York potentially bleeding through his eyeballs. He ran around half of the borroughs before he decided he was sick.

That's where we're at right now.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Valhall

I read something last night about a study involving tests on animals and plants. I believe there were even tests on cockroaches. I will review my history and see if I can find it again. Seems like it was the West African Centers for Disease Control or something like that. Back in the 70's.
edit on 26-10-2014 by TNMockingbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
A lot of the recurring questions I see are addressed in my Ebola, exposing government lies thread, including surface viability, indirect contact transmission, and zoonitc (animal sourced) infection vectors; all sourced in peer-reviewed research publications.

Re: Dr. Ebola, he may not have been extremely symptomatic, but he sure as hell had the virus in his system from the moment he became infected and with as low as the infectious dose is, I cannot see how giving even a low probability of him infecting others is acceptable when one considers the deadliness and untreatable nature of the disease.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarkJS
He heals ppl who dare to believe that He loves them enough to do so. So then obviously not everybody will get healed. Consequently, it will not be an official sanctioned treatment- endorsed by the CDC.

See the 'Find Jesus' link in the sig for more info.

Amen! Only one thing -

If the Lord Himself came down here, miraculously healing everyone of Ebola, the CDC would cart Him off to a FEMA camp. Besides that, the gov't doesn't respect anything the Lord did/does, esp. with the current Administration in the White House. Hmph.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Live video: New York City Mayor de Blasio to hold press conference at Bellevue Hospital - @NYCMayorsOffice

Live Press conference

Looks like they are just about to get started. Video just came on about 2 minutes ago, but right now they are just standing around.

~OkieDokie

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Main points so far...

Nurses who are working with Dr. Spencer have volunteered.

Reports of Bellevue Nurses being mistreated around the city as far as being refused service.

Nurse Hickox (nurse whining about being in quarantine after return from Africa).... is a hero to be treated with respect "We owe her better than that"..... on that note....

Kaci Hickox, nurse held under NJ's mandatory Ebola quarantine, has hired civil rights attorney Norman Siegel to challenge her detention
Twitter

Report: White House pressures New York, New Jersey governors to reverse mandatory Ebola quarantine orders, official tells
NY Times

"No reason for New Yorkers to be alarmed"

All 3 close contacts of Dr. Spencer left quarantine healthy yesterday, so no reason for anyone else to be worried.

"No reason for New Yorkers to change habits in any way"

What New Yorkers can do...... 1. If they believe they meet the characteristics (In one of the 3 countries and/or close contact with someone who was and fever) call 911 or go to ER 2. Flu is similar in presentation so get a flu shot

Spanish message (I don't speak Spanish but I did pick up on "Ebola hard to contract")

On Dr. Spencer..... Looks better then yesterday. Serious but stable. Tolerated Plasma well

~OkieDokie

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
continuing....

Nurses directly working with Dr. Spencer required to log in as well as monitor temp 2xday. This includes anyone in contact with him and emergency workers.

Reports of Nurses calling out sick are completely not true.

21 day quarantine for returning health workers from Africa.... Need to have unity, working with federal agencies, need to have flexibility, seeking unity with state and federal.

I think that about wraps it up. I just wanted to add this about the quarantine...

Senior Obama administration official on New York, New Jersey Ebola quarantine policy: 'We have concerns with the unintended consequences of policies not grounded in science'; 'We are working on new guidelines for returning healthcare workers that will protect the American people' - @Acosta
Twitter

So it looks like they might come up off the strict 21 day quarantine orders, but I hope they stick to their guns and don't give in to the pressure. From the responses on twitter and elsewhere, it looks like most citizens are in favor of the quarantines. I have to say, as a nurse, and as a nurse who has worked in dangerous situations, I would be more than willing to go into a strict quarantine if it meant keeping the citizens of my country and mostly my own husband and children safe from the potential contraction of a horrible disease. I just don't understand her hissy fit unless she is either 1. self absorbed and delusional and/or 2. seeing $$$$. Either way, this chick really gets on my nerves.

~OkieDokie

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Valhall

About the rats, I posted this in another thread...the video does not make me feel better.

originally posted by: JessicaRabbitTx

a reply to: funkadeliaaaa

Here's a video on that. It downplays it saying that it would be unlikely for rats to spread Ebola, but that word unlikely is quickly losing all meaning.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: stardust22
Ebola...in New York...I've just had a thought.

Does anybody know if rats can get Ebola? There are twice as many rats in NY as there is people. Rats bite the homeless. Could this be a serious convector of the disease?

Some rodents are vectors for ebola. Porcupines and agoutis, for example.reliefweb

Fantastic -.-

Edit to add: Thanks for the info though

edit on 2331pmSun, 26 Oct 2014 17:33:23 -050026u233122 by stardust22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Just to point out in case people don’t read the map or are not familiar with it, the map is from 2009 and is somewhat outdated, there is a 2014 map on the WHO page.

Regarding discussion about spread amongst bat, the jury is still out about what the natural reservoir is. Bats a certainly the forerunner but primates and pigs are also suspected, whether or not it would spread if introduced into a new ecosystem remains to be seen although evidence suggests that it doesn’t.

People who are concerned about waste entering the sewerage system and infecting rats probably don’t need to be too worried. There is an entire sector of public health known as environmental health which deals directly with these sorts of issues. From the meetings I have had where there were people from our environmental health division present they are saying that the sewerage treatment facilities are more than capable of killing ebola, it doesn’t take much to destroy the virus and the chemicals that are used in sewage treatment would kill it 10 times over. On top of that all hospital waste from EVD patients are treated before going into main sewerage.

From what I've read from a few articles (peer reviewed research, not media, will find and provide if people want them) that have examined the issue of EVD spreading into the broader ecosystem there is no major concern of ebola become endemic in animal populations. To summaries it hasn’t happened so far in Africa so there is no evidence to suggest that it would happen in western countries. HOWEVER some of the studies did report that in testing a wide range of animals some were found to have EVD antibodies – meaning they contracted the disease and survived or they have a level of generational immunity. This might suggest that at some point in some animal communities EVD has circulated but there has yet to be any evidence that EVD continues in wide spread transmission outside of the current known groups (bats, monkeys pigs). That’s not to say that it can’t happen however all evidence to date based on decades of study has yet to show that it does happen, so I'm not in any way concerned about EVD becoming endemic in the cities rat populations.

The same applies for insects such as mosquitoes, the hugely vast majority of people are able to identify where they probably got EVD from (tending to a sick person) if transmission via mosquito was possible it would be seen in Africa over the last few decades as a group of people with no known EVD patient contact.

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join