It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola patient is in NY

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

And here we see the hidden hand of the Ebola Czar whislt he manages the optics from the shadows.

For the "this is America so it won't spread like it did in Africa" crowd, how many of the followng apply here?

I will highlight the issues that I think are as extant here as they are there:

In general, there are inherent problems with containing and controlling the Ebola epidemics in the affected countries.

Lack of an adequate infrastructural base such as running water, plumbing, schools, hospitals, clinics, roads etc.   

Culture of corruption limiting development of the countries resources. 

Maldistribution of wealth resulting in many of the affected areas being extremely poor with limited access to running water or soap.   

Low literacy rates due to lack of schools or poor school attendance.

Poor economic conditions resulting in a "bushmeat" problem, which is a major environmental, as well as, socio-economic crisis. (Bushmeat is typically obtained by trapping wild animals, usually with wire snares, or otherwise with shotguns, poisoned arrows or arms). The "bushmeat crisis" has emerged as a result of poor living conditions and a lack of education about the dangers of eating it. Deplorable economic conditions force many families to become dependent on bushmeat, either as a means of acquiring income (hunting the meat and selling it), or becoming dependent on it for food. Unemployment and urbanization have exacerbated the problem further by turning cities with their urban sprawl into a prime market for commercial bushmeat.

In some areas, people have become suspicious of both the government and hospitals. Some hospitals have been attacked by angry protestors who believe that the disease is a hoax or that the hospitals are responsible for the disease.

Distrust of western countries due to past history of colonialism.

History of political disruptions in the forms of military coups, civil wars etc. which left death and destruction in their wake. This caused recovery to be slow and, in some cases, elusive.   

Multilingual, multicultural ethnic groups in any given country.

Belief in traditional folk remedies.

Cultural practices that predispose people to physical contact with the deceased, especially death customs such as washing the body of the deceased.

Some hospitals lack basic supplies and are understaffed which has increased the chance of staff catching the virus themselves. In August, the WHO reported that ten percent of the dead were health care workers.
all emphases mine

Ebola: The Evolving Catastrophe

I would say that each of the portions of the above-quoted text also apply to America to one degree or another.

I would say that we have several complicating factors of our own that do not exist in Africa, which would offset any supposed superiority we are alleged to posses.

The primary one being hubris.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical
Read up on how few people wash their hands after using the restroom.... even food service workers, and it is a little scary.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: boheemoth
Diatomaceous earth is cure for any parisite. U can sniff and drink. Hypoallergenic liquid lanolin is pure vitamin d. The raw material. D.E. is pure vitamin b. Also called fossil shell flour or silicia. The mud in blind mans eyes or cure for poision in the pot. Bible stories.

Careful recommending DE. There is a version of it that is not safe at all. Look it up.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vaedur

originally posted by: boheemoth
Diatomaceous earth is cure for any parisite. U can sniff and drink. Hypoallergenic liquid lanolin is pure vitamin d. The raw material. D.E. is pure vitamin b. Also called fossil shell flour or silicia. The mud in blind mans eyes or cure for poision in the pot. Bible stories.

Careful recommending DE. There is a version of it that is not safe at all. Look it up.

Yes.
I would be afraid of contracting silicosis from sniffing diatomaceous earth.

When diatomaceous earth is eaten, very little is absorbed into the body. The remaining portion is rapidly excreted. Small amounts of silica are normally present in all body tissues, and it is normal to find silicon dioxide in urine. In one study, people ate a few grams of diatomaceous earth. The amount of silicon dioxide in their urine was unchanged. After inhalation of amorphous diatomaceous earth, it is rapidly eliminated from lung tissue. However, crystalline diatomaceous earth is much smaller, and it may accumulate in lung tissue and lymph nodes. Very low levels of crystalline diatomaceous earth may be found in pesticide products.

npic

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
CBS NEWS NY

I agree I think this will be a positive. I read this article and it doesn't add up. He and the family returned Sat, he was picked up on Sun by hazmat crew but it states in article he had no fever but had some "symptoms". But then it says he developed fever 7am Monday..... wait a second didn't they say he had a fever Sunday???

Sadly I believe this will be positive there already trying to mess with the timeline and it doesn't add up.
edit on 27-10-2014 by whoreallyknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: whoreallyknows

Hopefully we hear something soon. But don't they have to run more than one test?

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: RunForTheHills

NY TIMES

They're saying his results should be in tonight. I found another article that again says he had no fever when brought to the hospital Sunday evening, but then says he had a fever Sunday morning.

Hope the little guys is negative but the changes in the story have me worried for him :-(

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

It does appear that these stories continue to change. If it is Ebola they will have to get their story straight before reporting. Of course they will have to downplay it as much as possible.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Vaedur

I'm pretty sure that is what we used to use in the swimming pool. Or maybe there are several kinds?

PPE had to be worn when handling it and replacing it in the filter system. If memory serves me correctly...
edit on 27-10-2014 by TNMockingbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Correct me if I'm wrong but, hasnt it has taken 3 hours or less to report negative on many of the cases? Those that have taken longer have been positive.

This isn't looking good.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: whoreallyknows

NY TIMES

They're saying his results should be in tonight. I found another article that again says he had no fever when brought to the hospital Sunday evening, but then says he had a fever Sunday morning.

Hope the little guys is negative but the changes in the story have me worried for him :-(

Poppy Harlow of CNN still says the boy was vomiting and had a high fever before he was hospitalized. I saw this about 15 minutes ago on CNN's Wolf Blitzer segment.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: RunForTheHills

Hopefully we hear something soon. But don't they have to run more than one test?

The CDC has to confirm it so that's the second test. New York officials may be holding off giving the results so that they can collaborate and organize a press conference to give the news. Whatever the reason for the delay, it certainly doesn't sound good!

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet
Wonder if the Ebola Ninja Team showed up? If so, do they report to the Czar?

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet

It does seem like it takes longer to say they are positive. With this childs age it is the scariest of all. Not sure if a child's immune system can battle this. Very scary!!!

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Thanks for posting that, because I heard the same on CNN. They were saying yesterday he was sent to ER with fever and Ebola-like symptoms.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

What IS the mortality rate in children?

God when will THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION wake up!???????

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: drwill

too funny, but that is a good question.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ValentineWiggin

What IS the mortality rate in children?

God when will THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION wake up!???????

I have tried finding a research on it and so far there is no numbers that have been giving. I am thinking of it in terms as the flu virus is worst on children and adults.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

No it does not sound very promising, It does seem to take longer to here it is a positive case.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Is it any wonder people are scared? We read so many different versions of the same story we do not know what to believe. And all these patients miraculously recover, some are Ebola-free in two weeks!

And I won't drop the Duncan family story, either. The pastor went on CNN to tell the world Louise has shown up for her first church service since being out of quarantine and guess what: The camera showed her walking into the church but a tree branch was blocking her face! What the heck?!!

new topics

top topics

<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join