It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola patient is in NY

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
read through this

www.dailymail.co.uk...

But it has emerged that instead of steering clear of crowds, the 33-year-old last night took the subway from Harlem to Williamsburg, where he visited The Gutter, before taking an Uber cab home. Earlier that day, he went on a three-mile jog and took the 1 train to the High Line garden - a popular tourist destination - before eating out at a restaurant.

New Yorkers have flooded Twitter in panic revealing their fears after visiting the bowling alley and taking the subway at the same time.

One exclaimed: 'He took the subway from Harlem to Brooklyn?!?! YOU LITERALLY HAVE TO GO THROUGH THE ENTIRE CITY SUBWAY SYSTEM TO DO THAT'

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... spital-103F-fever.html#ixzz3H1nEmy00
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

As much as sometimes DailyMail can be a fear monger, quite honestly, sometimes they have the truth too. Love the picture of the cops dumping their possible "ebola" gloves into the trash. I just hope those gloves didn't handle anything infectious.

Officer gloves

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
a reply to: Anyafaj

Doctor goes to hospital with symptoms in line with Ebola and says (we presume he stated or they knew) "I'm a Doctor returning from West Africa having treated Ebola patients" and he isn't quarantined. Was it ever mentioned which hospital?

I didn't hear which hospital turned him away, IF he was really turned away, or if it was a Twitter joke. If it was a Twitter joke, it was in very poor taste. I am curious if it's true and if so, what hospital. I'll be surprised if it's true AND stunned if it's Bellevue.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Wait a minute...did I miss something here, that article states that the good "Doctor" has tested POSITIVE for Ebola! So is that completely true? Anyone? I thought I read earlier that they were still waiting for the test results....

EDIT: Nevermind, just read the NY Times article stating he indeed is positive for the virus. Disregard

edit on 24-10-2014 by AutOmatIc because: nm

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: itswhatev
a reply to: japhrimu

ATLEAST 3 weeks... after 21 days, you stil have a 12% chance of developing symptoms/the virus.

i think its more like the next 42 days, which you are right is a long time ....

There is never a need to be hysterical, but I think we are teetering right on the edge of something that could become very bad relatively quickly...... or end up as a reason to mock people the next time an epidemic is threatening, and become the new "2012"...

[st]If you include today, 42 days finishes on Dec 5th.[/st]

ETA: Since it's already 'the next day', then December 4th is the 42nd day. ETA Date Calculator
edit on 24/10/2014 by MarkJS because: subtracting one day from calculation - starting on Thu Oct 23rd.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone
His GF and everyone he was in close contact with will go poof, like Duncan's family.

This is not good Friends...not good at all.

Damn piss poor President won't stop flights. If he had stopped flights 2 weeks ago. NY wouldn't have this case of bowling ebola now. Damn him...he's going to go down as the worst President in history.

I can see the Dem, politicians up for re election in 12 days, cringing about now.

Damn, I hope this Dr. didn't expose a lot of random people in his arrogance and stupidity.

Des

But what if it's the Republican thugs orchestrating these cases right before the election, just in hopes to win seats (and power) back. We've seen that evil people (i.e. politicians) will do whatever it takes to gain power/money.

edit on 24-10-2014 by RoyalBlue because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
This is seriously fracked up...

It doesn't necessarily mean it WILL become a major outbreak now, but this is the worst case scenario for how Ebola could become serious.

I basically agree that Ebola and some isolated incidents weren't much of a threat, but laying out the scenario of how it COULD, it was this:

Patient Zero, start of Winter, very begging of November/Late October with temperatures just starting to reach 37F where Ebola can survive outside of a host for several months on surfaces with the longest number of months ahead of it to do so, specifically in NYC, dense human population and traffic, heavy money exchange, largest mass transit system, native species in massive numbers capable of becoming a Vector (Rats) with patient Zero located in an area where the Rats pervade housing (The Bronx) and patient Zero being loose on the streets for a long period, 10 days, onset of viral spread coinciding with onset of flu season spreading the virus effectively enough through air and surface and trash being public bagged city trash so as to spread into vector animal (rats) numbering over 64 Million in the city from saliva in food remains ....

NY is the most viable city for this fast spreading set of conditions to exist, Chicago would be second.

This case has all the conditions and timing to create the highly improbable scenario of global pandemic.

This is actually SCARY as all hell...

If it picks up Rodents as an Animal Vector half the world will die.... and that's an unknown

But, from NYC with Rodents as a vector and the temperature and season right, it could land in every major city with similar conditions in the Northern Hemisphere during a season it can live for months while coughing and sneezing are prevalent, it could become "The Black Death" now... It's possible, the Subway, The shipping, the temperature, the number of flights, the rodent population, it's PERFECT

Roughly 100,000 people per day travel Nationally and Internationally out of NY from JFK alone, that doesn't include Newark, Trains and buses or daily commuters out to the tri state area....

Pray to whatever gods you hold.... That in those 10 days this douche bag didn't throw away the end bite of a street hot dog or piece of Pizza into one of those filthy wide open wire trash bins like several Million Nyers do every day, the ones you know... the Bums and the Rats eat out of.... Because if he did.... Most of us are likely already dead

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   

It was soon clear that health authorities were worried, as word emerged that they were isolating not just Spencer’s fiancée but also two friends who had been with him in the two days before he arrived at the hospital.

Emphasis mine
Source

So there are 4 people in isolation including him? Spencer, his Fiance, and two friedns who had been with him somtime in the previous two days? But he wasnt contagious until the day he was admitted as per the "official story". What about anyone and everyone he had contact with THE NIGHT BEFORE- are they saying they believe he may have been contagious up to 2 days prior to him being admitted?

That would certainly make more sense as to what Gupta was talking about... if he had symptoms a few days before went to the ER and was turned away....

I swear every time there is an actual leak of information- and i say leak because I dont believe we know the half of it...But everytime its like im picking up a novel. You know- one of those novels you read and put down because " NO WAY would that happen, NO WAY would anyone be that stupid. Not in the real world" and im sure we are only finding out about what the deem necessary for us to know. Again, have to control that PR spin...

But no one who went bowling with him needs to worry. he probably didnt cough on anything or anyone, probably didnt use the public bathroom... after all its not like having chronic horrible diarrhea is a symptom, oh wait... Im sure he never wiped his nose, or his eyes... he probably wasnt sweating on anything... He probably didnt eat anything, lick his fingers, then procede to use the jukebox..followed by some poor un suspecting shmuck who then proceeded to get something out of their eye, or pick their teeth etc.

He just got back from a trip far away... im sure there were no hugs. No hand shakes. No "welcome back, you are a hero for doing such harrowing work... Cooommmeeerrr slugger"

I mean the possibilities really are exponential

Im sure he kept completely to himself on that subway. Probably didnt even come within 3 feet of anyone else- thats the space you need to keep right? just 3ft? he was probably AT LEAST 3' 2" away so everyone should be fine...:/ *end sarcastic cynical rant*

...make... this... stop....

edit on 513139512am31America/Chicagov by itswhatev because: (no reason given)

edit on 553106512am31America/Chicagov by itswhatev because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
The amount of posts on this thread using it an excuse to vent fury against Obamas presidency makes me sick. Cant yall leave partisan political out of it for a change?!

This is beyond Obama being a dip#. Way beyond that. This is about the whole stinking government, left and right. And its even way beyond that. Its about people taking responsability,and that includes ME AND YOU.
a reply to: RoyalBlue

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Was it me or did G. Coumo (sp?) look especially worried at the televised news conference today? Or does he always look like that?

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarkJS

ATLEAST 3 weeks... after 21 days, you stil have a 12% chance of developing symptoms/the virus.

There is never a need to be hysterical, but I think we are teetering right on the edge of something that could become very bad relatively quickly...... or end up as a reason to mock people the next time an epidemic is threatening, and become the new "2012"...

ETA: Since it's already 'the next day', then December 4th is the 42nd day. ETA Date Calculator
Actually, its anywhere betwen between 2 and 42 days.

edit on 24-10-2014 by funkadeliaaaa because:

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: gwynnhwyfar

originally posted by: Anyafaj

originally posted by: dianajune

originally posted by: Anyafaj
I'm in Eastern PA, about a half hour from Pittsburgh. My doctor referred me to a dentist here in town since I couldn't find one to take my insurance when I moved here. I went in after seeing him today to make an appointment and there, smack on the door, EBOOOOOOLA!!! In black and white, "Have you travelled to Africa recently, do you have these symptoms? blah, blah, blah, Please let the receptionist know immediately!"

Me, I would call 911 from my cell phone to reduce risking more people being infected, but that's just me.

Sounds like a note similar to the one I noticed. I wonder if my primary care doctor's office is doing the same?

It's certainly possible. I was thinking it was because dentists are exposed to blood during their work. This particular dentist is one that specializes in sedation dentistry and surgery, so they're probably exposed to more blood than most dentists. Just my guess.

Not just blood - their hands are in your mouth with all your saliva, and their face is right above your face while they work. When you cough or gag, you spray them with your saliva and phlegm. Even wearing a mask over nose and mouth, now you have sprayed their face with particles of your virus infected sputum.

Very true. I'm half dead but can't fall asleep so needless to say I'm still on here. I have severe insomnia due to medical issues. I forgot about the saliva issues. My braid doesn't operate as well during these hours. Sorry.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: funkadeliaaaa

originally posted by: MarkJS

Actually, its anywhere betwen between 2 and 42 days.

Well like so much science, there are tolerances. Because we really don't know when the first onset of symptoms were for the doctor. If EBOV lives on surfaces in colder temps for a while... we should extend the date range to... who the heck can guess? Because at this point, it's all an educated guess.
edit on 24/10/2014 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

ETA: For the record, it's 51 F / 11 C degrees currently in NYC, at 2:20am. Pretty warm for almost November. That's good news.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
Not sure if this was asked but do we know if he was with anyone sexually?

He lived with his fiancé and went to Africa with her. (I'm assuming he went with her, some of the news stories show photos of them both over there. If he was with her intimately, then there's a good chance he passed Ebola onto to her. If they were intimate, it might explain why she was so ticked off when she showed up for quarantine. Note the might, not the definite.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   
She could have a t-shirt...

I went to Africa and all I got to show for it is a deadly disease!

sorry... it's late.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutOmatIc
Bwahahahahaha....sorry...but, I mean....WHO DOESN'T LOCK THEIR APARTMENT WHEN THEY LEAVE IN NYC????

...the complete lack of common sense, and intelligence of people never ceases to amaze me.

I thought the same thing too and I don't even live there. LOL I live in a tiny blurb of a place with only 4000 people and even I lock my door! Mine is more out of habit. My last place was in the ghetto living next door to a drug dealer's girlfriend in a black mold infested apartment for 13 1/2 years. Unbelievably, it was NOT in NYCrappy, but it was near Syracuse. Lifelong Orangewoman here. LOL

Oh as an update, FoxNews is reporting that CDC may "investigate" the doctor's apartment further tomorrow, and may "go through the apartment thoroughly, like Amber's, Duncan's, and Pham's were.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: BABYBULL24
Ive read 82 days - WHO says 49 days so it will probably change - that's how they spread it over there :

Men who have recovered from the illness can still spread the virus to their partner through their semen for up to 7 weeks after recovery. For this reason, it is important for men to avoid sexual intercourse for at least 7 weeks after recovery or to wear condoms if having sexual intercourse during 7 weeks after recovery.

World Health Organization

A couple of questions:

If a recovered Ebola patient uses a condom, how should it be disposed of?

And what about menstruating women? If a recovered female patient was still having her period, what about that? What about other body fluids?

I know the WHO site says it's in breast milk for about as long as Semen if I recall correctly. It does NOT mention menstruation, not how to dispose of a condom containing infected semen. Maybe they need to do more studies?

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: itswhatev

Worry not...the Ebola Response Team is on it...

Des

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone
a reply to: itswhatev

Worry not...the Ebola Response Team is on it...

Des

That is awesome
and true.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: wwe9112
This Ebola thing has been blown way out of proportion. People, more people die from Aides every year than Ebola; yet no one is wearing a rubber when having sex but all of a sudden -- run a fever -- and everyone goes nuts. More people die from the flue every year -- no one covers their mouth when they cough. There is over 6 billion people on this planet; a few thousand with a disease that only kills a fraction of what other diseases do and the world goes in an uproar.

Hmm, well, AIDS is REALLY hard to get if you're not having sex with an infected person or getting your junkie on with shared needles.

Influenza has a really, really, really low fatality rate compared to Ebola.

I've been near people sick with flu, still alive.
I've been near people with AIDS, still alive.
I have NOT been near an Ebola victim, but I expect I'll probably die within a month if I ever am.

Flu - you feel icky for a few days if your immune system is weak enough to fall ill. In rare cases, you could die.

HIV/AIDS - can't catch it by being near a victim; can take several decades to kill if you do expose yourself to infection.

Ebola - wearing protective gloves and masks near a victim could mean a horrible and painful death within a few weeks - but only in 50-90% of cases.

I can't see why anyone would be more concerned about flu & HIV than Ebola.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: BABYBULL24
Ive read 82 days - WHO says 49 days so it will probably change - that's how they spread it over there :

Men who have recovered from the illness can still spread the virus to their partner through their semen for up to 7 weeks after recovery. For this reason, it is important for men to avoid sexual intercourse for at least 7 weeks after recovery or to wear condoms if having sexual intercourse during 7 weeks after recovery.

World Health Organization

A couple of questions:

If a recovered Ebola patient uses a condom, how should it be disposed of?

And what about menstruating women? If a recovered female patient was still having her period, what about that? What about other body fluids?

Good question about the condom.

I doubt if anyone knows. If they are healed of Ebola, but 'put' EBOV into a condom, will they get reinfected? IMO as a layman, I would guess that they would give the recommendation to abstain for that time, just to be safe.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join