It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola patient is in NY

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I wonder how CNN is going to spin this new Ebola case. Chris Cuomo is a CNN anchor on the morning segment and he's Governor Cuomo's brother (and former governor Mario Cuomo's son). What inside information will he be privy to that he won't disclose?
edit on 24-10-2014 by texasgirl because: correction

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: slip2break

I just want to thank you for your reasonable, well-thought-out post. It has been ..... entertaining for me to see how people completely lose their minds sometimes.

Government's secret abductions of hundreds of U.S. ebola victims... depopulation agendas... hospital records expunged ... "we're all gonna die!" -- simply amazing.

I'm not saying ebola isn't a problem. It's a HUGE problem in West Africa. The sooner we stamp it out over there, the better our chances that it won't be a huge problem for the rest of the world. But, come on -- let's everyone use their common sense and think this through just a little bit. Everyone who has caught ebola has gotten it from being around late-stage or dead victims. Everyone who has been around someone in the early stages (first few days) has not gotten it. Prove me wrong.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
From what I'm reading, Craig Spencer, this doctor, was in Guinea for a month. And he went with his fiance?

[Source CNN]

It seems to me that the guideline for MSF Doctors Without Borders is a bit longer.

Availability for a minimum of 9 to 12 months
With the exception of surgeons, anesthesiologists, nurse anesthetists, and ob-gyns who may be accepted for shorter assignments of 6 weeks to 3 months
Because of the degree of responsibility MSF aid workers are expected to assume, the time needed to acclimatize to a project and context, and the need for continuity among field staff for the benefit of both our locally hired staff and patients, MSF requires a 9 to 12 month time commitment for most profiles. Due to the nature of their workload while in the field, a shorter time commitment is required of surgeons, anesthesiologists, nurse anesthetists, and ob-gyns. [Source MSF Site]

Maybe they are so strapped they are making exceptions, but to me it seems as if this is a pretty short ramp-up time.

ETA: NY Doctor Craig Spencer Followed Proper Protocols After Returning From Ebola-Stricken West Africa

Neither MSF or federal, state, or city public health officials require that medical professionals caring for Ebola-infected patients completely isolate themselves upon returning home. Instead, they require the following:

1. Check temperature two times per day
2. Finish regular course of malaria prophylaxis (malaria symptoms can mimic Ebola symptoms)
3. Be aware of relevant symptoms, such as fever
4. Stay within four hours of a hospital with isolation facilities
5. Immediately contact the MSF-USA office if any relevant symptoms develop

These guidelines are the same as those used by the CDC for anyone returning from Ebola-affected countries in West Africa.

Maybe it's time these protocols were revisited?

Unbelievable! This has to be the worse guidelines for anyone with a potential deadly virus. All the hype about self quarantine the CDC is spouting on the news is pure BS, Even if you decide to travel, I am sure you would be within 4 hours of a hospital somewhere, Plus I am sure while he was entertaining his GF with dinner and at the Bowling Alley he didn't carry a thermometer with him.

Count down now on how many people in one of the most populated and biggest cities in the USA start showing up with Ebola or worse if it is the homeless who made be found dead in the streets.

The Ball was dropped on this and know we are finding out that their protocol is that of someone with a common cold!

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv
Prove yourself right.

Even top experts admit there are percentage scales of how infectious someone is at what stage. And that they don't know everything.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: slip2break
NYC will be a testing ground for my above observations. Hopefully when the dust settles in 21 days, people will reacted more calmly when additional cases pop up throughout the US and Europe- and they will. Until the disease is combated more effectively in West Africa, a small number of cases will continue to appear.

I hope you are right but New York City is not the place for a testing ground. However, within three weeks we will all know if there were more that was infected by this DR.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

a reply to: kaylaluv
Prove yourself right.

Even top experts admit there are percentage scales of how infectious someone is at what stage. And that they don't know everything.

I am wondering if they know much of anything about this disease. There is too many opinions out there to know which official is right.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: RunForTheHills

Some Ebola experts worry virus may spread more easily than assumed

"I see the reasons to dampen down public fears," Russell said. "But scientifically, we're in the middle of the first experiment of multiple, serial passages of Ebola virus in man.... God knows what this virus is going to look like. I don't."

They're just playing those percentages, while by the WHO's own admission, they have not been able to track every case and every situation.
edit on 10/24/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Exactly.

As posted a few pages back, sources at Bellevue told NYT that he was very ill when they brought him in and they were confused as to why he didn't come much sooner.

So, I suppose it's safe to assume his viral load was high since they say you don't start showing symptoms until then...?

If it was bad at 10 am Thursday morning, are we expected to believe it was magically not a concern Wednesday night on the subway, at the bowling alley or in the cab?

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone
a reply to: itswhatev

Worry not...the Ebola Response Team is on it...

Des

Awesome! This is my image of what the Potus is currently doing as of now.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Some Ebola experts worry virus may spread more easily than assumed

"I see the reasons to dampen down public fears," Russell said. "But scientifically, we're in the middle of the first experiment of multiple, serial passages of Ebola virus in man.... God knows what this virus is going to look like. I don't."

They're just playing those percentages, while by the WHO's own admission, they have not been able to track every case and every situation.

Exactly! Its New York City which will make it impossible to find all of the people he came into contact with or sneezed or coughed on within 6 feet.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack
The trouble with the predictive models is that there are variables. One of which we've discussed in other threads is that some people, for one reason or another, don't run temps or run lower than normal. So a correlation between temp and viral load is probably one of those variables too.

Plus that saying about doctors making the worst patients is actually pretty true. They tend to shake it off and soldier on.

I'm still quite interested as to why he was only (apparently?) there for one month (see last post p 23).

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: RunForTheHills I worry about this becoming an outbreak in the city now. I work over night in NYC as a garbage truck driver. I handle over 300 accounts per night. I come into contact with more things than most people do. What am I supposed to do now, wear extra layers of rubber gloves and surgical masks while I'm trying to do my job? Our government needs to step it up now before its too late. If they don't want to close the borders to these countries than at least make s mandatory 28 day quarantine for anyone coming from these hot spots.

edit on 24-10-2014 by pjdonovan70 because: fix autocorrect mistakes

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

Exactly.

As posted a few pages back, sources at Bellevue told NYT that he was very ill when they brought him in and they were confused as to why he didn't come much sooner.

So, I suppose it's safe to assume his viral load was high since they say you don't start showing symptoms until then...?

If it was bad at 10 am Thursday morning, are we expected to believe it was magically not a concern Wednesday night on the subway, at the bowling alley or in the cab?

Of course that is what they want us to believe, Stay calm, do not panic. Its NYC they can handle it so much better than Dallas! "Not". Even though Dallas as we know of, has not reported any more cases but we aren't at the 42 days safe zone yet!

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

Exactly.

Yes.^^
An earlier post mentioned.... 'as if he had a thermometer stuck up his butt at the bowling alley' (I'm paraphrasing).

That, and the fact that he was at the hospital two days before... not feeling well.

Oh, and if there is no reason for concern about him being out and about.... why did they close the bowling alley after the news came out???

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Even though Dallas as we know of

Highlighting the important part. We have texasgirl reporting that we are not being told the truth... especially the smelly stories of the lady on the DART train and the lab tech that went on the cruise to Belize.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: pjdonovan70

I work over night in NYC as a garbage truck driver.

I feel for you.
I mentioned the plight of sanitation workers in an earlier post in this thread, how it must suck.
You have an important job, but either take precautions or find a different job if possible.
Be safe!

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: pjdonovan70
a reply to: RunForTheHills I worry about this becoming an outbreak in the city now. I work over night in NYC as a garbage truck driver. I handle over 300 accounts per night. I come into contact with more things than most people do. What am I supposed to do now, wear extra layers of rubber gloves and surgical masks while I'm trying to do my job? Our government needs to step it up now before its too late. If they don't want to close the borders to these countries than at least make s mandatory 28 day quarantine for anyone coming from these hot spots.

Out of precaution I would think they would be training people and supplying the basic protection in jobs such as yours on how to reduce your risk of catching Ebola. Just too many ways this could be spread by people that think they are safe since they haven't been to any of the hot spots in Africa.

Stay safe in your job and do whatever you think is necessary for your personal protection because it is clear the officials aren't up to the task yet.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
The Duncan family is Ebola free. I repeat, the Duncan family is Ebola free. A group of people that had close and intimate contact with him ... Ebola free. This, to me, can only mean one thing, the Ebola threat is either way way way over hyped or not real.

Methinks something else is afoot & not Ebola.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Can't help from thinking there is a lot they aren't telling us! The officials seem to drop the stories such as the lady on the DART train and the lab tech that went on the cruise to Belize as soon as possible. I have not heard of any follow up on any of them either.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join