It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

happy people disgust me

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Every day I see them. They make up a vast majority of people. People that aren't suffering much. Everywhere happy shallow people. So meaningless. They disgust me.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: introspectionist
Every day I see them. They make up a vast majority of people. People that aren't suffering much. Everywhere happy shallow people. So meaningless. They disgust me.

LOL

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: introspectionist

Smile. It's easy. and if you need a reason to do so, just eat some bean burritos, and go crop dusting at the mall.
I swear it's fun.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
So let me get this straight..
If people are happy, they are shallow?
People that "aren't suffering much" make you unhappy?
Hmmmm....
Having a bad day are we?
How unfortunate

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Aww you just made me really freaking happy.

Thanks for the positive boost.

I'm not even kidding haha.

link   
Sorry. The trick is to be content with what you have at the moment instead of deciding that you will never be happy without the things you want but don't have.

I personally have been a pretty happy person for a long time now.

Do I have everything I want? No, but I do have most of the things I really need.

Is the world a troubling place? Yes, but I can't let my worry consume me if it's something I have no real control over. I just need to be aware. Awareness does not preclude happiness for the moment.

link   

originally posted by: introspectionist

It's pretty funny that your judgemental approach to others is a source of ire to you. Sometimes i like to be all cynical, judgemental and sniffy about folk, but it entertains the hell outta me.

I can actually imagine you sitting, fuming with disgust amongst a crowd of joyful folk and i'll tell you what, it's pretty funny. It wouldn't surprise me if peeps try to act more cheerful around you too just for giggles.

link   
Yeah even though I am a positive minded/thinking person. I don't like people who are always happy and have the "peppy cheerleader affect" as I call it. were humans were supposed to be moody at times.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

lol they can be happy but what grinds my gears is when they are ignorant to the world and happy.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I actually feel kind of bad for doing this. . . .

Ok. No I don't. . . . . .

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I hate you^^^

link   

I hate you^^^

link   

I hate you^^^

link   

I hate you^^^

link   

I hate you^^^

link   
wo wo I dont know what happened there!

link   
a reply to: Neysa

well for me and you can tell this when you see them the fake smiles that people have really irk me out.

I know for me that I am talking about the people who are always happy. I know there type I know there kind

link   
It's not the happy people that disgust me, it's the ones who come off a perpetually happy that do. Well, they don't disgust me so much as make me very suspicious. It just seems so phoney to me. You were double-billed with an auto-pay and are now overdrawn at the bank, you had a fender bender, your dog was run over, your kid accidentally set the kitchen on fire cooking on the stove, and you just got fired from your job. All in one lousy day. HOW THE HELL ARE YOU STILL HAPPY? The epic bad day leaves normal people in tears, at least behind closed doors, so come on now.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Shepard64

Whoa, a quintuple post. You really do hate Beezzer. You haven't met him in RL have you?

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
The quality of threads around here lately has just been downright deplorable. Surely you could at least give us a little more to go on than "I hate happy people". What happened to the days when threads like this were pulled within the first 5 minutes?

OP: sounds like you might be a bit jealous. You should really find someway to start enjoying your life more. Maybe get a hobby? Take up painting? Become a sidewalk performer? I dunno, but I do know that if you go through your entire life miserable all the time you will probably regert it deeply one day. Loosen up, Live, laugh, have fun, it's all a carnival ride and nobody gets off alive (the carnies here a really bad).

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join