It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic State reveals US equipment failures

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
hi all...

i was reading another ATS thread,,, about DEAGLE.com wow!!!

anyways...i got to checking it out and this led to that and i ended up at JANEs...

and so i was flicking around in there and found this...interesting article...imho...

This has included a photograph of a GBU-39 Small Diameter Bomb
that was purportedly dropped near Kobane sometime on or before 2 October.

The photograph shows that the SDB's wings, rear fin assembly, and fuze were torn off
when it hit the ground, but its warhead did not explode.

Another series of images released on 24 September showed the remnants of one of the BGM-109 Tomahawk
Land Attack Missiles (TLAMs) that were fired by US warships on the night of 22-23 September.

US officials have not reported the use of any additional TLAMs since 22 September,
suggesting the one found in Al-Anbar was fired on that day from the USS Philippine Sea
in the northern Gulf, but came down in the desert when it was approximately half way along its planned flight path.

Janes....

bye for now...

edit on 23/10/2014 by shaneR because: (no reason given)

edit on 23/10/2014 by shaneR because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
The defense contractors got paid their money - that is what really matters. They should label the ones made on Friday and use them last.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
My guess would be likely aborted mid flight and not a failure. Either way, who cares if there was a failure? There were plenty more in front and behind those that didn't fail and it's not like IS is going to be getting the capability to either build or re-use one of them to fire back anytime.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Cool read

Aren't they occasionally still finding unexploded WW-II ordnance in the UK-London, France, Germany, Russia, Japanese held Pacific islands or even from later conflicts in Vietnam, Korea, Afghanistan - both Soviet and US?

Nasty things.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

agreed...dont buy anything made on a monday or friday...

same with hiring "contractors"

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

normally when they abort they made a big deal...

"civilians saved ... bomb detonated early to avoid ...blah blah blah..."

more like..."past USE BY DATE..." and need to use them for tax reasons....!!!

thanx anyway!

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

yeah....like farmers on tractors...etc

thanx for the post SLAYER....stay safe

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
That really is nothing new. We pay a fortune for stuff that is supposed to work... that doesn't work and then the supplier gets more money to fix the F#ups.. Ask some of the guys flying over North Vietnam shooting very expensive missiles that did not work or the guys issued M-16s without cleaning kits.. We only see the videos and read BDAs when stuff works for the most part.. Great propaganda for the home folk and potential enemies.

I would figure (unless like we used to do for R&D) that the stuff they are trying would work..

Guess stuff has not changed much. What a way to procure stuff and maintain weapon systems, No ? If America ever goes toe to toe with another first world country there may be surprises for allot of folks.... I honestly hope not..

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I think they should have some type of military Easter egg in them. That way when the guy goes up to it and pokes it with the barrel of his rifle and small American flag pops up. This would also add some enjoyment for kids. I imagine their childhood isn't exactly fun filled.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

My guess would be likely aborted mid flight and not a failure.

Planned aborts are detonations, not crashes.

I wish they all crashed. Now instead, we have us another costly bloody unwinnable 'little' war to add to all the rest of the costly lovely unwinnable 'little' wars we got going.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
it's not like IS is going to be getting the capability to either build or re-use one of them to fire back anytime.

Some one will see IS re-use the explosives within those warheads to their detriment. It's not that difficult to take out and re-purpose it in another device.

That's how many IEDs are made.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
it's not like IS is going to be getting the capability to either build or re-use one of them to fire back anytime.

Some one will see IS re-use the explosives within those warheads to their detriment. It's not that difficult to take out and re-purpose it in another device.

That's how many IEDs are made.

You said that better than I wanted too. !

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: shaneR

All US ordnance has an expected 10% dud rate.
This is due to safeties built into everything to ensure there are no accidents when loading or transporting. It also ensures that if something like a missile or bomb falls off of the wing of an aircraft it will not accidentally detonate. Our bombs and missiles only go off when we intend for them to go off.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Yeah sure they do.............they don't always blow away just their intended targets though.......

edit on 23-10-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

You should know this as I see you around ATS quite often.
Their not bombing Isis thier taking down Sryias infrastucture to make it eaiser for ISIS to take assad.
Isnt it suspicious that everywhere US has bombed IS now has full control. Seems that Us is clearing a path for ISIS straight to Assad
edit on 23-10-2014 by MGaddafi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: MGaddafi
a reply to: stirling

You should know this as I see you around ATS quite often.
Their not bombing Isis thier taking down Sryias infrastucture to make it eaiser for ISIS to take assad.
Isnt it suspicious that everywhere US has bombed IS now has full control. Seems that Us is clearing a path for ISIS straight to Assad

That WAS my inference.......but hey

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: MGaddafi

link or it never happened

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: shaneR

Cruise missiles don't work over tundra and deserts. It also needs an electronic chip positioned on the target.
I'll elaborate slightly, stealth suits are needed to place said chips. Think suit made of stealth plane skin.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

Heres some links describing Isis as the US proxy army and how the US helps Isis (Forgive me of the long Urls)

www.globalresearch.ca...

www.thedailybeast.com...#

www.google.com... s-airstrikes-in-syria-as-aircover-for-rebels-hit-syrian-military-targets%2F5401641%3Fprint%3D1&ei=GUpKVNKPMcjpggTiyoLYBg&usg=AFQjCNF0lpl0uVj6kjKwIxnCK mtnvIAUPA&sig2=aFW9WMtVdeGNaxTLMUdf3g&bvm=bv.77880786,d.eXY

www.google.com... emember-moderate-rebels-syria-obama-armed-isis-got-weapons%2F&ei=OkpKVJrXKM_GggSmzYJg&usg=AFQjCNF98RYlCEMLYU7t7rRqJtkett9nlg&sig2=5tQOSIwp1CAoxOUl7YRB ww&bvm=bv.77880786,d.eXY

www.google.com... s-airstrikes-in-syria-as-aircover-for-rebels-hit-syrian-military-targets%2F5401641&ei=OkpKVJrXKM_GggSmzYJg&usg=AFQjCNG_xig1TvkN4uqfqoIp6gdcCZq0uQ&sig2 =sVOMheHf7HWmfB5gVBXAjA&bvm=bv.77880786,d.eXY
edit on 24-10-2014 by MGaddafi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: EA006

WTF are you talking about?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join